• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Oh I forgot to do this character playability thing
S tier: :4shulk::4zelda:
High tier: :4robinf:
Mid tier: :rosalina:
I'M SPAMMING BUTTONS AND IT'S NOT WORKING: :4sheik::4zss:
I will never touch them in my life: :4diddy:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Proficiency tier:
Trash: :4shulk:
More trash: everyone else

:^)

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Macchiato Macchiato Kiddo! Are you able to play for a bit? I'm back home and ready to kick some butt (or have mine kicked cause I haven't played in like 2 weeks).

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So I ducked under a Link's Gale Boomerang, then the wind dragged me right into him and another opponent for a double Rest kill.

The Roll Glory Link still won the match though. :^(

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
but dsmash is one of Zelda's best moves
Eh that's not saying much to be honest xD

In my opinion, her d-smash is mediocre because of its poor range and end lag.

Regardless it's definitely not good enough to make up for her f-smash and u-smash. In Brawl Zelda actually had good smash attacks, but every single one of her smashes was nerfed in the transition to Sm4sh :(

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Eh that's not saying much to be honest xD

In my opinion, her d-smash is mediocre because of its poor range and end lag.

Regardless it's definitely not good enough to make up for her f-smash and u-smash. In Brawl Zelda actually had good smash attacks, but every single one of her smashes was nerfed in the transition to Sm4sh :(
But it's tied with dtilt for being her fastest move (frame 5, iirc) and it has a great semi-spike angle that can be useful for killing near the edge. It's also fantastic if you can hit an opponent on the ledge. It's also a decent "get off me" move in general.

Up and forward smash are unsalvageable, though.

I definitely agree that being one of Zelda's best moves doesn't mean very much, but it deserves some credit, sis. :p

The fact that Zelda got nerfed at all boggles my mind. She was one of the worst characters in Brawl, and yet they decided to nerf a ton of moves in her kit. I cannot comprehend it.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Funny how 50 matches with friends are fun, win or lose
And one match on FG against a projectile and counter spamming six year old will make your blood boil
That's enough smash for now

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I miss Brawl dsmash so much. Having a frame three kill move was ridic. Gimping characters with bad recoveries near the ledge at 30% with that semispike tho...

D

Deleted member

I miss Brawl dsmash so much. Having a frame three kill move was ridic. Gimping characters with bad recoveries near the ledge at 30% with that semispike tho...
Don't forget Zelda's arm temporarily snapping off ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Samus has been bad in all but Melee.
G&W is bad in all but Brawl.
Yoshi has been mediocre in all but Smash4 (aMSa is an outlier using a universal mechanic [power shielding] to push his character beyond a real crippling weakness)
Ness has been bad in all but Smash4.
Luigi has been mediocre in all but Smash4.
Charizard has been bad in all games.
Link really hasn't been good in any smash game either. This may be the first.

Really old topic point at this stage (like 12 hours and 300 messages later !_!). But brawl-main bias is really really dangerous to your character's growth. If you truly believe you're bottom tier while not having the conviction and skill to show her potential in a competitive environment you may not have a justified opinion. If you're going to continually pigeonhole everything as "zomg nerfed" or "lol zelda bad" how are you ever going to have the passion to push those moves in a new game? Pot, Kettle, Black I'm sure (with Marth :<), but I took him to tournaments for the first 3 months of this game and still do today.

Example - 'Nerfed Kill Power' - "in contrast to the Brawl game data we lose like 5 to 10 base knock back, **** sakurai hates us our character got nerfed even further!" when in reality moves have been often scaled downwards due to rage and characters with solid linking moves don't tend to have viable sub 100% kill options out of them. In a game where you can combo into such things (from Brawl where it required silly opponents) I would say the game has generally buffed the entire thing pragmatically while likely being fairly adjusted to compensate.

You can't deny that losing the ability for you to get edgehogged saves your bacon so much.

Multi hit moves in this game are kinda weird, but generally if you catch people going in the opposing direction of your attack (like catching people as they start to fall with ZSS up-b or G&W's up air; or more specifically your character not moving down [so pre-apex of your jump]) they won't fall out. Certain positions or certain opponent actions will likely have up smash and forward smash properly link more often. Even then, honestly, I think they were easier to get out of in Brawl (I did have excellent Smash-DI though).

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
I want him to be part of our tournament.
I sent him a message with the link, to let him know.

Edit: why are customs on though :( It's the Zelda Social tournament and you're sealing our Queen's fate to lose lol

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Samus has been bad in all but Melee.
G&W is bad in all but Brawl.
Yoshi has been mediocre in all but Smash4 (aMSa is an outlier using a universal mechanic [power shielding] to push his character beyond a real crippling weakness)
Ness has been bad in all but Smash4.
Luigi has been mediocre in all but Smash4.
Charizard has been bad in all games.
Link really hasn't been good in any smash game either. This may be the first.

Really old topic point at this stage (like 12 hours and 300 messages later !_!). But brawl-main bias is really really dangerous to your character's growth. If you truly believe you're bottom tier while not having the conviction and skill to show her potential in a competitive environment you may not have a justified opinion. If you're going to continually pigeonhole everything as "zomg nerfed" or "lol zelda bad" how are you ever going to have the passion to push those moves in a new game? Pot, Kettle, Black I'm sure (with Marth :<), but I took him to tournaments for the first 3 months of this game and still do today.

Example - 'Nerfed Kill Power' - "in contrast to the Brawl game data we lose like 5 to 10 base knock back, **** sakurai hates us our character got nerfed even further!" when in reality moves have been often scaled downwards due to rage and characters with solid linking moves don't tend to have viable sub 100% kill options out of them. In a game where you can combo into such things (from Brawl where it required silly opponents) I would say the game has generally buffed the entire thing pragmatically while likely being fairly adjusted to compensate.

You can't deny that losing the ability for you to get edgehogged saves your bacon so much.

Multi hit moves in this game are kinda weird, but generally if you catch people going in the opposing direction of your attack (like catching people as they start to fall with ZSS up-b or G&W's up air; or more specifically your character not moving down [so pre-apex of your jump]) they won't fall out. Certain positions or certain opponent actions will likely have up smash and forward smash properly link more often. Even then, honestly, I think they were easier to get out of in Brawl (I did have excellent Smash-DI though).
Yes, this this this, ALL of this. Thanks for the motivational words! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Personal use tier list:
S tier: :4zelda: Can do well with 90% of the time.
A tier: :4fox::4sheik: Secondaries that I'm decently competent with.
B tier: :4lucario: Secondary that I'm just "ok" with.
C tier: :4greninja::4palutena: Not very good/very basic play.
D tier: :4wiifit: Trolling FG only.

F tier: Everyone else. I'm pretty much absolute trash with the rest of the roster.

One other thing: I'm not sure if I'm happy about 3 of my 4 characters going from Mid tier to High/Top tier...makes me look like a tier *****. But then there's Zelda to save me.

EDIT 2: I feel like a horrible person when I go Fox/Sheik against another Zelda due to hating Zelderp dittos...

Last edited:

Soul.

Yes, this this this, ALL of this. Thanks for the motivational words! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Personal use tier list:
S tier: :4zelda: Can do well with 90% of the time.
A tier: :4fox::4sheik: Secondaries that I'm decently competent with.
B tier: :4lucario: Secondary that I'm just "ok" with.
C tier: :4greninja::4palutena: Not very good/very basic play.
D tier: :4wiifit: Trolling FG only.

F tier: Everyone else. I'm pretty much absolute trash with the rest of the roster.
"FG" oh no, inb4 online is barely real because tourneys matter more Kappa

Top Bottom