• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
How are you guys with dittos. Like... what do you think about Mario dittos if you main Mario?

For me, I hate Shulk dittos. It's like there's a mini-game of rock-paper-scissors while you're fighting
Late, but I love fighting other Rosalina's. Really is able to test my skills on spacing and mind games. I can also test my gimping abilities.

The only thing I don't like about it, is that I can easily show myself is incompetent by messing up her recovery. >.>

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Can't wait for the patch
No more Diddy, Luigi, Luma, Sonic and Greninja (obv) cheese
Hopefullyyyyy

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Luigi ain't gettin touched gorl

I've got a bad feeling Rosalina and Greninja are gonna get bopped again though

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Luigi ain't gettin touched gorl

I've got a bad feeling Rosalina and Greninja are gonna get bopped again though
I know Rosalina is going to be nerfed. I just hope Sakurai is smart about it and give her some buffs to compensate.

I will say, I do have to wonder if the people asking for her to be nerfed, want her to be nerfed because the think she could use it and have evidence to support it, or if they are just annoyed with her.

If it is the latter, nerfing her won't solve her being "annoying." She will probably be the same character still. Unless he nerfs her to oblivion, in which case while some people will be happy she isn't common anymore, a lot of other people will be mad their favorite character isn't useable.

Soul.

Can't wait for the patch
No more Diddy, Luigi, Luma, Sonic and Greninja (obv) cheese
Hopefullyyyyy
what's wrong with Luigi again. I know his dthrow combos are stupid, but at the same time I don't want him to be mediocre.
also can't wait for general fixes for an overall enjoyable experience :troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I know Rosalina is going to be nerfed. I just hope Sakurai is smart about it and give her some buffs to compensate.

I will say, I do have to wonder if the people asking for her to be nerfed, want her to be nerfed because the think she could use it and have evidence to support it, or if they are just annoyed with her.

If it is the latter, nerfing her won't solve her being "annoying." She will probably be the same character still. Unless he nerfs her to oblivion, in which case while some people will be happy she isn't common anymore, a lot of other people will be mad their favorite character isn't useable.
wat
While we're nerfing her, let's give her some buffs to compensate for the nerfs we just gave her. That makes sense

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I hope they don't nerf Rosalina. As much as I hate the character, I find her cool to play as, and even funnier to play against. I've never had much trouble against her easy... Maybe because I don't feel like Peach and Zelda have a matchup disavantage against her.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
what's wrong with Luigi again. I know his dthrow combos are stupid, but at the same time I don't want him to be mediocre.
also can't wait for general fixes for an overall enjoyable experience :troll:
A character that is able to give you 30% per grab shouldn't exist lmao
Other chars have to work for damage rack. Just a little lag on aerials would be nice
But what do I know

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I do believe that Sakurai knows how to correctly nerf characters without destroying them. He nerfed Rosalina to hell and back in 1.0.4, but she's still a top tier contender. He knows that she has some very exploitable flaws (very tall, extremely light, relatively slow), so she relys on Luma to be a viable character. I'm sure that Sakurai knows that and that if he does nerf Rosalina again, he'll do it without ruining her.

As for Greninja, I think the only thing he'll do is take out running Shadow Sneak since it was already removed from the 3DS version.

Last edited:

Soul.

Don't nerf Pikachu pls. Nerf DIddy and Sheik so people stop saying ****; nerf Sonic (being honest), and yeah.
I hope they buff characters like Robin though. Or Kirby. Or Marcina. Or Dong. Or Dedede
A character that is able to give you 30% per grab shouldn't exist lmao
Other chars have to work for damage rack. Just a little lag on aerials would be nice
But what do I know
Slight damage nerfs could work.

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I do believe that Sakurai knows how to correctly nerf characters without destroying them. He nerfed Rosalina to hell and back in 1.0.4, but she's still a top tier contender. He knows that she has some very exploitable flaws (very tall, extremely light, relatively slow), so she relys on Luma to be a viable character. I'm sure that Sakurai knows that and that if he does nerf Rosalina again, he'll do it without ruining her.

As for Greninja, I think the only thing he'll do is take out running Shadow Sneak since it was already removed from the 3DS version.
inb4henerfszelda

Unknownkid

Smash Lord

To hell and back? What else did Sakurai nerf other than Luma's time cycle?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
wat
While we're nerfing her, let's give her some buffs to compensate for the nerfs we just gave her. That makes sense
Greninja got a 2% buff on his dsmash so Sakurai can feel obligated to nerf him as much as he wants.

I do believe that Sakurai knows how to correctly nerf characters without destroying him. He nerfed Rosalina to hell and back in 1.0.4, but she's still a top tier character. He knows that she has some very exploitable flaws (tall, extremely light, relatively slow), so she relys on Luma to be a viable character. I'm sure that Sakurai knows that and that if he does nerf Rosalina again, he'll do it without ruining her.

lol I wouldn't say she was nerfed to hell and back, she was just made reliant on Luma and losing Luma became a bigger deal

which is the way it should've been from the start

Nair took damage, hitbox, and knockback nerfs
Usmash took hitbox and knockback nerfs
Dsmash took an end lag nerf
Fthrow took a knockback nerf
Bthrow took a knockback nerf
Dtilt takes an extra frame to start and had its hitbox nerfed

There may have been a couple other things.

Last edited:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I hope they don't nerf Rosalina. As much as I hate the character, I find her cool to play as, and even funnier to play against. I've never had much trouble against her easy... Maybe because I don't feel like Peach and Zelda have a matchup disavantage against her.
Doesn't excuse the fact that good players still seem to make her somewhat unfair to play against.

I like the character and the idea, but sometimes it feels like I can just get completely zoned out by her.

Maybe I'm just butt hurt after being two stocked by one twice Ina recent tourney, but whatever. If you like RosaLuma, more power to you.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
wat
So you don't even give me a chance to explain myself? Alright.

Rosalina is a complicated character. She's both very fragile and very powerful as a character due to luma. The thing that needs to be understood is that nerfing something can easily be incredibly bad for Rosalina.

For example, take away her ability to defend herself that well without Luma could easily lead to her not being as viable. Especially with how easy it is to actually get rid of Luma.

When it comes down to it, Rosalina is a character that doesn't need a nerf, but a power shift. For example, there is no reason for her up air to be able to string/combo like it does. But straight up nerfing gets rid of Rosalina's power which Rosalina desperately needs. Instead, Rosalina should have more power with riskier moves like f-tilt and up-tilt. (Up-tilt being more damage). Up-tilt also needs a base Knockback nerf, (because killing at ridiculously low percentages is nuts) but it could use a knockback scaling buff (since it is hard to pull off).

F-air also needs a buff since there really isn't that much of a reason to use it at the moment and it has quite a bit of lag, while Down-air can be a little too good at times.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'm confident that Sakurai will do this patch right. He does make some very questionable decisions sometimes, but he's the mastermind who made this entire series and made unique characters that we can enjoy. He must realize by now that Zelda needs help
This was a thing?

*imagines the possibilities*

Sorry I'm only used to Sm4sh Zelda I know nothing of past Smash incarnations of our heinie-ness.
OMG YES. They autocancelled from a short hop. THEY WERE SO BEAUTIFUL.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
@ Lavani Lavani Can you local multiplayer 1.0.0 smash 3ds? I know you can't sign in using the network.

God frog, Rosalina Nairplane... I want it all back.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
lol I wouldn't say she was nerfed to hell and back, she was just made reliant on Luma and losing Luma became a bigger deal

which is the way it should've been from the start
Agreed.

She did get nerfed a ton (the most out of the patch, I belive?), so I'd argue that "to hell and back" was accurate. :p

Lavani already answered, but here's it is again because I want to feel cool and answer this.

:rosalina:ROSALINA AND LUMA
DTILT

HITS ON : 5 ⇒ 6
POSITIONING : Hitbox positions have been tweaked
FSMASH
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 115 ⇒ 111
USMASH
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 100 ⇒ 90
HITBOX SIZE : Very slightly reduced
DSMASH
ENDING LAG : Increased
NAIR
EARLY NAIR DAMAGE : 6% ⇒ 5%
LATE NAIR DAMAGE : 10% ⇒ 7.5%
POSITIONING : Hitbox positions have been tweaked
FAIR
(1%) BASE KNOCKBACK : 20/35 ⇒ 55
(4%) BASE KNOCKBACK : 60 ⇒ 50
LUMA SHOT
DISTANCE : Uncharged and lightly charged Luma Shot has slightly less distance
FTHROW
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 85 ⇒ 76
BTHROW
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 70 ⇒ 60
GRAB
ENDING LAG : Increased
LUMA MECHANICS
LUMA RESPAWN : 8.9 seconds ⇒ 12.5 seconds
UP SMASH HITBOX SIZE : 4 ⇒ 5.5
LATE UP SMASH DAMAGE : 4% ⇒ 5%
LUMA RECALL : Returns to Rosalina faster
LUMA : Cannot be controlled while being thrown or taking damage

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani Can you local multiplayer 1.0.0 smash 3ds? I know you can't sign in using the network.

God frog, Rosalina Nairplane... I want it all back.
I don't have anyone to actually try it with, but I see no reason that you couldn't. I know local stuff is possible with unpatched gen 6 Pokemon games, at least.

She did get nerfed a ton (the most out of the patch, I belive?), so I'd argue that "to hell and back" was accurate. :p
I'd say Greninja got hit the hardest tbh

Not to mention while Rosalina got nerfed, Luma was mostly untouched and even buffed in the case of usmash.

I believe they've already nerfed some customs in the past.
Dragon Rush's damage was nerfed 15%>11%, yeah.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
@ Lavani Lavani

Rosalina Nairplane... I want it all back.
As a Rosalina main, I have to disagree here. Her Nair is still pretty amazing when properly spaced, especially with Luma. She really doesn't need that power back.

Would it be fun? Sure. But it is over powered. Especially with a character that has enough power in the wrong places as is.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Up-tilt also needs a base Knockback nerf, (because killing at ridiculously low percentages is nuts) but it could use a knockback scaling buff (since it is hard to pull off). ]
This reminds me... @ Macchiato Macchiato , what percent was it when I killed you really early with Luma's up tilt? I think it was when you were playing as ZSS, but it might've been Sheik. I'm pretty sure you were at like 50ish%, but I can't remember for sure. It was really funny, though. Luma with rage is terrifying. someone please post the angry luma picture tysm

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, I guess Rosalina is kind of unfair in the sense that she completely shuts down some characters... But I suppose it is inevitable when you have polarizing characters in the game (hello LM).

Then again, Zelda gets completely shut down by characters as well and she didn't receive that many buffs. Let's cross our fingers !

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
As a Rosalina main, I have to disagree here. Her Nair is still pretty amazing when properly spaced, especially with Luma. She really doesn't need that power back.

Would it be fun? Sure. But it is over powered. Especially with a character that has enough power in the wrong places as is.
Yeah, I know she doesn't need it. Mega Man doesn't need rush canceling either. But I'm all about fun and overpowered in 1.0.0. I just think it'd be interesting now that people have gotten better at Smash 4 to see what they could do with the old character kits.

I miss vectoring though.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
They nerfed some, but some are still deemed too good. Maybe a slightly longer startup for them could work?
idk its too hard
lol, I agree, some customs are still too strong. Hopefully, they'll nerf some of them in the future.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Fixed it D: I messed up, I typed 223 instead of 227.

:227:
Good, good.
Skarmory is a wonderful Pokemon. :227:

This reminds me... @ Macchiato Macchiato , what percent was it when I killed you really early with Luma's up tilt? I think it was when you were playing as ZSS, but it might've been Sheik. I'm pretty sure you were at like 50ish%, but I can't remember for sure. It was really funny, though. Luma with rage is terrifying. someone please post the angry luma picture tysm

Random aside, in 800+ Rosalina matches I've only gotten two fraudulently early rage kills; one was at 48% on a Sheik with uair when I was at max rage, and the other was a max rage dair on a 0% Shulk that jumped offstage to try and fair me.

I've landed sweetspot utilts at ~100% rage against low percent opponents but without them charging a smash or being a lighter character it doesn't even come close to KOing on normal-sized stages.

Yeah, I know she doesn't need it. Mega Man doesn't need rush canceling either. But I'm all about fun and overpowered in 1.0.0. I just think it'd be interesting now that people have gotten better at Smash 4 to see what they could do with the old character kits.

I miss vectoring though.
I miss 1.0.0 autolink spikes

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lmao I just looked at my imgur
I have so much untouched avatar material
I can't say much about customs
Because I prefer vanilla characters mostly
Cept Kirby, going back to vanilla kirby after using Jumping Inhale and Upper Cutter is like playing Zelda on purpose
I miss vectoring though.
^^^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom