• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I don't know much about what's preferred with either Link's customs, but I definitely wouldn't run custom bombs on either of them for actual matches.

In fact I think only the arrow customs really looked appealing to me for both? Though of course Link can get a regular Boomerang too.
I think quick arrow is "great" only because it comes out fast and the end lag is the least out of the 3. Then again, Link's arrows are not that good compared to his boomerangs and bombs

I like shocking spin attack for some reason. I'm the type that's willing to sacrifice anything for KO power and/or damage

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I'm sure every character's get up attack does massive shield damage.

It is indeed to nerf tech chasing. Snake's D-throw in Brawl did this a lot and holding shield while having your opponent close to the ledge basically gave Snake an insane advantage. So I find this to be a good thing.
It's just such a shame

That shield regeneration

Iz tew gud

:secretkpop:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Not worth it in my opinion... I mean unless you like to record your footage and all.

My friend has an Elgato Game Capture HD for his Xbox 360, One and Wii U and uses it quite a lot, seeing as he does a lot of stuff for YouTube, but 3DS capture cards are a pain to have installed and it's really obtrusive.

And by the way, how will all of our matches be streamed?
fullmoon and nammy if they are available hopefully

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I think quick arrow is "great" only because it comes out fast and the end lag is the least out of the 3. Then again, Link's arrows are not that good compared to his boomerangs and bombs

I like shocking spin attack for some reason. I'm the type that's willing to sacrifice anything for KO power and/or damage
Quick arrows for both Link and Tink are piercing/transcendent too, so there's that going for them as well. I'd like to think I'd prefer the 2xxx options for both though; even if Power Bow takes years to charge, its power is ridiculous (kills at like 70%) and could make for a lethal fullstage landing trap. Fire Arrows make for great stage control and the way they create a hitbox on the ground that pops opponents up for an aerial reminds me of Battering Banana.

I like to call Shocking Spin Attack "64 Spin Attack" :nifty: It isn't even noticeably stronger than default Spin Attack, is it? Kills slightly earlier on the ground but is like the same in the air I think.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Power Bow takes way longer to charge on the WiiU
a second or so
I honestly prefer Whirling Leap over the other customs
meteor bombs are niche, but I like having bomb jumps

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I should try regular bombs with Shocking Spin, that would be interesting
I just dismissed Shocking Spin as crap recovery and never tried it

Last edited:

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Hey gurls ! <3

So I've heard we've a comrade being introduced soon :

it must be fate :u

Also....,
hey we can vote now O:

I'm a tad worried / even conflicted on how it'll go.
I voted King K. cuz honestly now, he's got some personality

and smash DESPERATELY needs a better Hero / Villain ratio no joke it's lobsided badly
( and us LoZ fans know how great it is to actually play Link vs Ganon as a nerdy dream come true ).

My worries are that

#1 : this may not be the best smash game for his debut considering the speed of the game and how bad the 3DS held back this installation + they clearly have other issues that need to be fixed >_>

...just.... ughh...........
a game in 2015 should not be having this..

#2 : the " Ballot " is a lie and our " characters introduced " will be ALL MII COSTUMES INSTEAD cause the 3DS wont be able to handle an actual character. I think I'd die if that happened.

Worrying is bad for my health so i'll just hope for the best x.x
Sidenote : I never got into Mischief Makers, but always liked
's design. It's so adorable + it'd be extremely refreshing to see a new character archetype compared to our dumb # of " guy w/ sword that may/may not include animu that swings a sword ".

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
@ Lavani Lavani Is there a way where I can Lunar Land uair and dair without any landing lag? I can't seem to be able to, no matter how many times I try. I can do it fine with fair, bair, and nair, but not uair and dair.

Also LL fair>uair true combos for a surprisingly long time and it's really fun since no one expects it.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Anyone else gonna use Brawl netplay when it's released? I'm not that good at Brawl (or any other Smash game aside from Smash 4 maybe), but I'm pretty excited to finally fight other people in it. I like Brawl competively aside from chain grabs and tripping. Which reminds me that I need to start using netplay for PM...

Also somewhat related, this Brawl Yoshi play had me so pumped! I rarely ever get physically excited, but this just had me going Etika.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well I got a Tink amiibo today from game stop, but they were sold out of charizard pre-orders. Dang. How rare is Tink? I dint keep up with the rarity of amiibo except the obvious ones

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Forgot to hit reply lol

@ Lavani Lavani Is there a way where I can Lunar Land uair and dair without any landing lag? I can do it fine with fair, bair, and nair.

Also LL fair>uair true combos for a surprisingly long time and it's really fun since no one expects it.
Uair doesn't work because you'd have to land frame 1 to autocancel...and you can't use an aerial on the ground for obvious reasons. Nair and dair have the same timing (both are frame perfect).

Yeah LL fair stuff works for a really long time, fair's easy to time so I like going for it. Nair's my favorite LL option though; the first hit comes out crazy fast, and since it's a two-part move you can do various things like roll through an opponent to drag the second hit into them and combo with usmash.

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
#2 : the " Ballot " is a lie and our " characters introduced " will be ALL MII COSTUMES INSTEAD cause the 3DS wont be able to handle an actual character. I think I'd die if that happened.
I don't think this is a problem outside of Ice Climbers, who will never get in due to the hardware limitations of the 3DS. As Sakurai said it was to weak to handle 8 people on screen at once.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
honestly in the future, I see nairo dropping everyone except ZSS. Honestly remember how much he used to use D.pit Zelda and Robin? Now he just uses them for situational MUs. He uses ZSS 70% of the matchs. Each other the other characters have weaknesses that hold him back.
I forgot that you are able to see every tourney match including the ones offstream...lolol oh wait you can't

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Forgot to hit reply lol

Uair doesn't work because of Luma's 1 frame delay in reacting; nair and dair have the same timing (both are frame perfect).

Yeah LL fair stuff works for a really long time, fair's easy to time so I like going for it. Nair's my favorite LL option though; the first hit comes out crazy fast, and since it's a two-part move you can do various things like roll through an opponent to drag the second hit into them and combo with usmash.
tysm. I knew nair was frame perfect, but not about dair. Learning to consistently time a frame perfect move is going to be really irritating. I wouldn't bother if it wasn't so useful.

LL nair shenanigans are a lot of fun and it's definitely my favorite aerial to LL, too. I just tried that LL nair>usmash thing and it's pretty cool. It's too bad that it only seems to work if they're behind Rosalina, though. I knew about the roll thing because it was in Dabuz's guide lol.

After LL and jab cancel stuff, idk what I should practice. What would you recommend? I'd probably do some SoRo practice but I have no idea how I would do that.

edit: lol @ Macchiato getting called out by Nairo.

Last edited:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
WAT how do you find posts 20 pages back lol. Idk I feel like you'd be better off main ZSS solo
Because I AM GOD!!! Kidding but ya ZSS got some MUs she loses and/or rather not use her. For example - I go zelda vs kirby even though I probably can do zss vs kirby but I prefer zelda or going pit vs sheik etcetc. Solo ZSS is good but there are some characters that can be troublesome (Diddy, Rosa, small characters, etc)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
For real, which characters have the least awful match ups against Diddy?

edit: This page is now dedicated to the beautiful Lord Hoo Hah.

Last edited:

Soul.

Hey gurls ! <3

So I've heard we've a comrade being introduced soon :

it must be fate :u

Also....,
hey we can vote now O:

I'm a tad worried / even conflicted on how it'll go.
I voted King K. cuz honestly now, he's got some personality

and smash DESPERATELY needs a better Hero / Villain ratio no joke it's lobsided badly
( and us LoZ fans know how great it is to actually play Link vs Ganon as a nerdy dream come true ).

My worries are that

#1 : this may not be the best smash game for his debut considering the speed of the game and how bad the 3DS held back this installation + they clearly have other issues that need to be fixed >_>

...just.... ughh...........
a game in 2015 should not be having this..

Worrying is bad for my health so i'll just hope for the best x.x
Sidenote : I never got into Mischief Makers, but always liked
's design. It's so adorable + it'd be extremely refreshing to see a new character archetype compared to our dumb # of " guy w/ sword that may/may not include animu that swings a sword ".
it's 2015 and people still say "3DS held back Wii U"?

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Greninja can handle Diddy pretty well because one Greninja hits advantage he can really mess with Diddy, and it's not too hard to get in advantage thanks to his great dash grab. Plus unless Diddy has a banana in hand shurikens can pester him in the neutral, plus Greninja's F-Air helps keeping Diddy away from him if needed. Of course, Greninja also has the superior mobility which helps a lot too.

Greninja vs Diddy is probably 45:55 at worst.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pac-Man can keep him out pretty well with hydrants and fruit. Not to mention we can severely mess up his tools by covering his bananas with hydrants and trampolines or eating his bananas with our own projectiles. Gimping with the hydrant is fun too.

Trampoline also prevents Diddy from getting frequent grabs

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My friend has an Elgato Game Capture HD for his Xbox 360, One and Wii U and uses it quite a lot, seeing as he does a lot of stuff for YouTube, but 3DS capture cards are a pain to have installed and it's really obtrusive.
^I have this and would recommend it. The quality is good and you can record live commentary with a mic.
Ex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVk4Ajms2Io&list=PLEUhD4HDrO2o8IYITx-_-JjdI4ewien91&index=6
Quick arrows for both Link and Tink are piercing/transcendent too, so there's that going for them as well. I'd like to think I'd prefer the 2xxx options for both though; even if Power Bow takes years to charge, its power is ridiculous (kills at like 70%) and could make for a lethal fullstage landing trap. Fire Arrows make for great stage control and the way they create a hitbox on the ground that pops opponents up for an aerial reminds me of Battering Banana.

I like to call Shocking Spin Attack "64 Spin Attack" :nifty: It isn't even noticeably stronger than default Spin Attack, is it? Kills slightly earlier on the ground but is like the same in the air I think.
My preferred custom set for Link is regular spin attack and bombs, quick arrows and the 2nd boomerang that doesn't have a gale. Except for the arrows this is universally agreed to be the best mix.
Shocking spin still isn't very powerful and Dsmash or Utilt fill the gap without cutting Link's recovery short. Wind spin would be good if it ledge snapped but it doesn't and leaves Link very vulnerable.
Meteor bombs have too short of fuses and don't chain into other attacks or aid recoveries as well as normal bombs so the trade off isn't worth it. Big bombs don't explode on impact and loose most of what makes bombs so good.
Ripping Boomerang is too limited and doesn't help Link's projectile game. Gale boomerang is okay and can wind gimp in a few MUs but the 'normal' boomerang has 1% better damage and vs most opponents the hitstun is better than the wind returning.
Normal bow can be charged to snipe and goes farther but the quick bow is transcendent and, well, quick. I prefer the quick bow because it helps space annoying mid range characters like Mega Man and Yoshi. Strong bow simply takes too long to charge. On FD Link could launch an opponent, go to the other side of the stage and charge strong bow to punish their landing but that's it for uses. It would be good for 8 player games or huge tourney illegal stages.
/my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Soul.

Wii fit, mega man, ZSS, Sheik, sonoc, pikachu, mario
I'm not really sure if Pikachu has a good time vs. Diddy. His FAir walls Jolts, he has the Banana, he has the Hoo Hah, he can KO Pikachu pretty early because of its light weight and most importantly, up throw up air! Meh.

All Pikachu has here is Quick Attack, dtilt in close range and hope Diddy makes a mistake so it can punish. Don't get me started on Sheik lmao, I ain't gonna be seeing "this X isn't worthwhile as long Y is here" posts.
perhaps I'm just saying stupid **** but I seriously don't think Pikachu has it good vs. Diddy

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For real, which characters have the least awful match ups against Diddy?
Luigi does well in the sense that Diddies obsessed with getting in and getting the grab are dealing with a character who has an equally scary (scarier?) grab and beefy damage per hit, and Cyclone gimps give the middle finger to Rocketbarrel. Being floaty + frame 3 nair potentially lets him break out or trade with uair after throws too.

I don't think the MU would go the same if more Diddies were willing to play patient with bananas, peanuts, fair walls, and dtilts and force Luigi to approach instead, though.

My preferred custom set for Link is regular spin attack and bombs, quick arrows and the 2nd boomerang that doesn't have a gale. Except for the arrows this is universally agreed to be the best mix.
Shocking spin still isn't very powerful and Dsmash or Utilt fill the gap without cutting Link's recovery short. Wind spin would be good if it ledge snapped but it doesn't and leaves Link very vulnerable.
Meteor bombs have too short of fuses and don't chain into other attacks or aid recoveries as well as normal bombs so the trade off isn't worth it. Big bombs don't explode on impact and loose most of what makes bombs so good.
Ripping Boomerang is too limited and doesn't help Link's projectile game. Gale boomerang is okay and can wind gimp in a few MUs but the 'normal' boomerang has 1% better damage and vs most opponents the hitstun is better than the wind returning.
Normal bow can be charged to snipe and goes farther but the quick bow is transcendent and, well, quick. I prefer the quick bow because it helps space annoying mid range characters like Mega Man and Yoshi. Strong bow simply takes too long to charge. On FD Link could launch an opponent, go to the other side of the stage and charge strong bow to punish their landing but that's it for uses. It would be good for 8 player games or huge tourney illegal stages.
/my 2 cents.
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts, thanks for the confirmation!

EDIT: Actually I didn't know upB 3 didn't ledgesnap, jeez. I thought it might be an ok sidegrade, but now I'm not quite as sure...Link's air speed is crazy during that move though so idk.

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
it's 2015 and people still say "3DS held back Wii U"?
It did, Plain and simple, its the single reason why Ice Climbers won't ever be readily available to be played again. It also caused a lot of characters to not show up, pretty much doubled the development time of the Wii U version.

That being said, its not a bad game, in fact its one of the better games on the 3DS, just it should've been released exclusively for the New 3DS where its Hardware was far upgraded.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'll never understand. I'd watch anime, but I'm afraid I'll turn into what is called a weeaboo.
The problem with anime is that, how do you find a good one? More so, how are you supposed to watch an anime? How do you know it's good?
I know I'm being skeptical, but eh. I guess it has to do with the lore anime shows do per se.
Holy **** mah *****, I think you are turning into Shokio.... :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh.

Does PKHex not require a digital copy of gen 6 games to edit entire boxes?

If I've been wasting hours scanning QR codes for individual mons this entire time I'm going to be pissed.

Top Bottom