• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll never understand. I'd watch anime, but I'm afraid I'll turn into what is called a weeaboo.
The problem with anime is that, how do you find a good one? More so, how are you supposed to watch an anime? How do you know it's good?
I know I'm being skeptical, but eh. I guess it has to do with the lore anime shows do per se.
Honestly, to turn into a Weeaboo, you really have to be real tryhard who says "kawaii" and 'sugoi" for everything.
I mean, we here sometimes uses the term waifu, but it's really for the fun of it, not to try being japanese.

About the "Slice of life" genre, I would recommand "Black Rock Shooter". It does have a slice of life part, but there's also fighting scenes in an alternate universe.

I really enjoyed it personally, so if you want to see the "slice of life" genre, without wasting 20 minutes only of it, give it a try.

Give it a try if you can withstand lolis in wheelchair shooting giant macaroons :awesome:

Holy crap. Game of Thrones (Telltale)..... My jaw dropped. This **** is amazing

Last edited:

Soul.

Game of Thrones by PewDiePie, the most hated YouTube user
Honestly, to turn into a Weeaboo, you really have to be real tryhard who says "kawaii" and 'sugoi" for everything.
I mean, we here sometimes uses the term waifu, but it's really for the fun of it, not to try being japanese.

About the "Slice of life" genre, I would recommand "Black Rock Shooter". It does have a slice of life part, but there's also fighting scenes in an alternate universe.

I really enjoyed it personally, so if you want to see the "slice of life" genre, without wasting 20 minutes only of it, give it a try.

Give it a try if you can withstand lolis in wheelchair shooting giant macaroons :awesome:
....nvm I changed my mind. still don't think I'll watch anime

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll never understand. I'd watch anime, but I'm afraid I'll turn into what is called a weeaboo.
The problem with anime is that, how do you find a good one? More so, how are you supposed to watch an anime? How do you know it's good?
I know I'm being skeptical, but eh. I guess it has to do with the lore anime shows do per se.
Nah, this was a legitimate question I asked myself when I dove into watching anime. It's hard to say what is good until you've actually watched a few shows under your belt to compare. I know some people have watched really bad anime (well, bad anime in my opinion), but said they really loved it just because it was their first and they had nothing to compare.

You probably won't turn into a weeaboo unless you ACTUALLY TRY to be one. Although, you could become annoying like me and talk about "waifus" all the time, but I really don't think you're the kind of person that would be like that. :p

If you need recommendations on where to start, I might think that Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works could be a good place. But you'll have very high expectations for the art after watching it though, because it's art is a bit TOO amazing, haha.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
People are placing MK high right AFTER Ito beat Zero's Falcon in a set.

tfw

#VOTE4WOLFITSEASYFORSAKURAITOMAKETHINKABOUTHISHEALTHPROBLEMS
One day I'll take a game from Zero so people will say "SWORDSPIDER TAP TANG"

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Almost 3/4 pages late, but just wanted to say we all tried our best with seeding. The entire side of Loser's was houston killing each other off and SA on the other side. If you wanna know the nitty gritty behind the seeding process, ask Nike. I just remember there being 17 people seeded and in SA terms the last seeded person was Jopan I think, which means from SA rankings, up to 7th was seeded.

It also didn't help two upsets that made the bracket even more SA vs SA and Houston vs Houston happened. Jbandrew losing to whispy and Espy forfeiting against Avoid.
Either way it was an incredibly stacked tournament and pretty much everyone was good enough to be either top 16 or even knocked out 0-2 almost (FCF going 1-2)

SA has so many good people along with Houston always having their ever growing Fire Nation it's ridiculous at this point.
Megafox establishing himself once again he's our new Gnes of TX, Espy finally beating his rival Trela after like 6 years of being 0-20+ Prime still being solid and slowly getting better at the Diddy MU (though might not matter in 10 days, wooooo)
It's amazing how strong we are compared to old SA back in brawl days and I definitely enjoy it while also fearing of losing out on top 10 myself compared to brawl days where I had nothing to worry about.

Meanwhile, Dallas only has like 2-4 players that're worth noting.
i played san antonio peeps until winners quarters, where i got knocked out by my fellow houston mates in winners and in losers. i think san antonio had to play each other more earlier since there were more SA players. it was fun meeting yall btw! awesome tourney!

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Hi gorls I just skipped 17 pages. What's this tournament thing in the title?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I look at myself sometimes and compare myself to you gorls sometimes I'll be liek

"Damn, why am I such a weeaboo compared to everyone else, talking about waifu for laifu BS smh."

Gorls, don't follow my example. :^(

Hi gorls I just skipped 17 pages. What's this tournament thing in the title?
Macchiato and Wolfie are planning an online tourney between the followers of this thread in about 2 weeks from now.

Soul.

I feel bad for the guy, for all the **** he gets. I watched Cry's playthrough
He's the most hated YouTuber for some stupid reason lol. I don't like that kind of videos. In some ways, I feel bad for him, but eh....

He's the most hated YouTuber for some stupid reason lol. I don't like that kind of videos. In some ways, I feel bad for him, but eh....
On one hand, it's countered by the fact that his fanbase is... HUGE, so he could ignore the hate. There's also the fact that he is swimming in cash as far as I know. He disabled comments for his YT videos as far as I remember

Edit: Lol. The name search bait was put on our social's fishing rod again

Last edited:

Soul.

On one hand, it's countered by the fact that his fanbase is... HUGE, so he could ignore the hate. There's also the fact that he is swimming in cash as far as I know. He disabled comments for his YT videos as far as I remember

Edit: Lol. The name search bait was put on our social's fishing rod again
Yes, he disabled comments for his videos months ago because he was tired of seeing hate comments. Then again, when you're that famous of a YouTuber, hate starts to be noticeable depending on the content you upload. PewDiePie's fanbase is mostly full of kids, so there's that. Still don't get why they play CoD instead of other ****.
Also YouTube alternatives suck pls don't go to any of them

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I am confused. How is this different compared to any other TV show?

what the **** is the slice of life
is this show a random one? no bad guys or anything?
Think Seinfeld.

Soul.

I am confused. How is this different compared to any other TV show?

Think Seinfeld.
I'm confused too actually.
TV shows suck and are all about nothing but love. Boring. also oh yeah lmao seinfeld...

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I don't watch TV at all, except football.
I find it boring and think, why am I wasting my time staring at the tv when I could be practicing smash

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good anime I can think of right away:

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (shounen, brilliant plot)
Nichijou (random comedy)
Mirai Nikki (I guess it's horror? I guess mystery fits as well)
Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (Mystery)
Inuyasha (Shounen)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Shounen)
Angel Beats (Haven't really watched much of it but my cousin and sister love it)

Anime that I like but can't personally recommend:

- Binbougami Ga (comedy)
- Mekakucity Actor (mystery)

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I don't watch much TV
Only channel I watch really is ESPN
Then there's anime and Netflix
I watch stuff like Leverage, Chuck and The Office, Arrested Development, TWD, Breaking Bad,

Oh and there's the Flash and Arrow :sheep:

Last edited:
I don't watch TV at all, except football.
I find it boring and think, why am I wasting my time staring at the tv when I could be practicing smash
Whenever I feel like I'm not doing that well at practice, I stop trying, do something else. Maybe watch YouTube videos, LP's, or watch TV shows (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Flash). After like... 2-4 hours, go back and play Smash again. I usually try my best to stay away from Smash when I feel like I'm messing up my execution in practice.

That's how I practice though. Sometimes, trying too hard isn't really going to do much imo. You gotta relax which helps. Then again, this is what I think

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Whenever I feel like I'm not doing that well at practice, I stop trying, do something else. Maybe watch YouTube videos, LP's, or watch TV shows (Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Flash). After like... 2-4 hours, go back and play Smash again. I usually try my best to stay away from Smash when I feel like I'm messing up my execution in practice.

That's how I practice though. Trying too hard isn't really going to do much imo. You gotta relax which helps. Then again, this is what I think
yes, that is true. But I do find tv overall boring. Nothing on tv interests me at all really, so I'll just find something else. Lurk here, eat, etc etc

I just don't see the appeal I guess. Same with movies lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Why does Greninja's (and a lot of other character's) get-up attack do so much shield damage I mean wtf.
I was wondering this a few days ago, lol

I think the intent was to nerf the strength of holding shield on top of a knocked down opponent then reacting to whatever they do from there...I haven't seen it shieldbreak yet though so some good that did.

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm sure every character's get up attack does massive shield damage.

It is indeed to nerf tech chasing. Snake's D-throw in Brawl did this a lot and holding shield while having your opponent close to the ledge basically gave Snake an insane advantage. So I find this to be a good thing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd like to know the exact numbers on it...

I'd also really like to know the numbers on Aura Sphere charge's shield damage, that thing eats shields alive.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'd like to know the exact numbers on it...

I'd also really like to know the numbers on Aura Sphere charge's shield damage, that thing eats shields alive.
Getup attacks are universally +10% on shield, I think. Mega man's getup is 2 hits at 7% each. If both connect on shield, that's 34%.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Honestly I think if the shield takes even just a bit of damage prior to being hit by a get-up attack it's probably going to break

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well does anyone wanna play on 3ds

I'd like to practice a bit with palutenas customs

Soul.

9 days left.
Stupidity continues as the patch is slowly reaching the master plan, where people think 1.0.4 does not count.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Getup attacks are universally +10% on shield, I think. Mega man's getup is 2 hits at 7% each. If both connect on shield, that's 34%.
That matches up well with my observations, I'll believe it.

Speaking of Snake, I thought of a good way to practice wall teching that I hadn't thought of before but should've been extremely obvious:

Tilk

Smash Ace
NNID
Mrs.Tilk
3DS FC
0104-1633-6707
I should pick up a capture card :V
Not worth it in my opinion... I mean unless you like to record your footage and all.

My friend has an Elgato Game Capture HD for his Xbox 360, One and Wii U and uses it quite a lot, seeing as he does a lot of stuff for YouTube, but 3DS capture cards are a pain to have installed and it's really obtrusive.

And by the way, how will all of our matches be streamed?

Soul.

that reminds me
short fuse bombs nerf what tink is supposed to do. normal bombs "combo" and already give him good stage control + fire arrows 'n ****
lol eh why am I talking about customs

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't know much about what's preferred with either Link's customs, but I definitely wouldn't run custom bombs on either of them for actual matches.

In fact I think only the arrow customs really looked appealing to me for both? Though of course Link can get a regular Boomerang too.

Top Bottom