• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
GGs @ Cenizas Cenizas
Palutena is really fun with customs, but I still think its be weird in big serious tournaments though

And I think you might've noticed I struggled against your villager a bit... Lol I'm totally unfamiliar with his counter tree and stuff haha

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I'm impressed by how quickly you've adapted to the way of the Zelda Social.
It's my natural ability of being a QU33N

Btw soul, you're not a weaboo if you watch anime. You're an Otaku. A weaboo is someone who tries to be Asian when they're some other race.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Boo... Mondays...
Does anyone else hate Tuesdays more than Mondays? There's something to look forward to every day except Tuesday. Monday is the beginning of a new week, Wednesday is the middle of the week, Thursday is yay prefriday, Friday is yay Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, but Tuesday is just like

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
GGs @ Cenizas Cenizas
Palutena is really fun with customs, but I still think its be weird in big serious tournaments though

And I think you might've noticed I struggled against your villager a bit... Lol I'm totally unfamiliar with his counter tree and stuff haha
I had fun too, but Lightweight is so damn cray I'm like

Not the grab, don't you dare grab me!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Does anyone else hate Tuesdays more than Mondays? There's something to look forward to every day except Tuesday. Monday is the beginning of a new week, Wednesday is the middle of the week, Thursday is yay prefriday, Friday is yay Friday, and Saturday and Sunday are the weekend, but Tuesday is just like
It's Bison's favourite day of the week at least.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@ Macchiato Macchiato So I was watching this video on Luigi's dthrow combos and the guy in it says that any character who has an at least frame three aerial can hit him after the first fair. So...Squall's frame 1 windbox should be more than enough right? Maybe it could even avoid the first hit

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm so excited for Mewtwo to come back in 9 days that I just played some Melee Mewtwo to help curb my cravings for him. I then almost got beaten by a level 6 Mario cpu because Mewtwo's literal **** in Melee. :'D

Last edited:

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
I'm so excited for Mewtwo to come back in 9 days that I just played some Melee Mewtwo to help curb my cravings for him. I then almost got beaten by a level 6 Mario cpu because Mewtwo's literal **** in Melee. :'D
thesadreality.gif

Too bad he's banned from tourneys for now

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
That Moment When you realize Mewtwo is keeping his Melee Moveset tho.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Yeah but this game is slower than melee, so it should be better for him except that he might be food for combo heavy characters

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah but this game is slower than melee, so it should be better for him except that he might be food for combo heavy characters
I thought floaty character were harder to combo? Like, that's the upside of being floaty.

View attachment 46264
Too bad he's banned from tourneys for now
Wait, is he banned from EVO? Afaik, they were planning to make him legal. That's probably not true, but idk.

He's getting buffed (probably, anyway), so I don't think it'll be that big of an issue. At least his side and down b's aren't useless in Smash 4. Getting a jab finisher is useful, too.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
@ Macchiato Macchiato So I was watching this video on Luigi's dthrow combos and the guy in it says that any character who has an at least frame three aerial can hit him after the first fair. So...Squall's frame 1 windbox should be more than enough right? Maybe it could even avoid the first hit
Speaking of this, I went online after I watched the video and came across a Luigi who happened to be doing these combos.

So fast forward to the end, we have 1 stock each, his down throw sends me off stage, he hits me with a Fair and jumps at me again, but I start mashing :4littlemac:'s Nair and did a 3x Nair -> Footstool kill on this Luigi.

Needless to say, I felt so much like a scrub and felt so bad for him when he left :laugh::joyful:

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I thought floaty character were harder to combo? Like, that's the upside of being floaty.
Right. But he's most likely going to be heavier, because I don't think his weight in pokeymans is that light.

While it would increase his longevity, he'd still get combod easier because he's still tall

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
If only we discovered this way before the patch, he'll probably be nerfed

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The limited :4mewtwo:speculation I've allowed myself to indulge in:

- Tails and wings are disjointed in this game; no more stupid hurtbox, bair/uair and tilts will have ridiculous disjoint
- Most majorly disjointed aerials (see: Marth fair, Charizard bair) are horribly laggy; Mewtwo's bair is probably going to have a mountain of lag - even if it's weak - to compensate its range.
- He's going to need balancing similar to Rosalina to be effective in spite of his size and weight; this actually could likely be achieved if he doesn't get dumb lag on his disjointed attacks and keeps uthrow's power (I'm not expecting the latter honestly, but if Ness has his dumb bthrow maybe Mewtwo'll get his dumb uthrow).

Wait, is he banned from EVO? Afaik, they were planning to make him legal. That's probably not true, but idk.
He isn't banned from EVO and will have custom sets created for him when possible.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
it's 2015 and people still say "3DS held back Wii U"?
Well Nintendo themselves said it... sooooo....
not my words lol

Srry tho, wasn't trying to start anything. It's moreso me quoting ><;

|ven|

ᵔᴥᵔ かわいい ᵔᴥᵔ
NNID
Hyuven
Not sure if I remember correctly but our TO banned him since Evo was banning him. Reasons are, since no one knows the MU well enough, it's unfair to players.

Oops guess it was just for our local tournaments.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

It's my natural ability of being a QU33N

Btw soul, you're not a weaboo if you watch anime. You're an Otaku. A weaboo is someone who tries to be Asian when they're some other race.
So by this definition Asians cannot be weaboos

nice

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Poor villager, he's like top tier in Japan when honestly he's probably just mid. He'll get the brawl->sm4sh zelda treatment. Undeserved nerfs
I hate fighting Villagers so I feel like saying BRING ON THE NERFS but really...he doesn't deserve them. If they really are going by the Japanese tier list for 1.06, it'd be interesting to see what happens since their list is fairly different from ours. Possible Shulk buffs? Awesome.
Almost guaranteed Robin, Marth, Lucina, and Zelda buffs? Almost guaranteed Diddy, Sheik, and Yoshi nerfs?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
"In a week."

Mewtwo's coming out in a little over a week, EVO isn't until July 17.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Robin buff hype
Maybe less endlag on Smash attacks, Kevin sword will last longer
Idk I can't think of much
The character has its obvious flaws but I don't think buffs will affect much
They'd be awesome though