• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If you think about it, Giant Punch is like Falcon Punch except its startup time can be split up and the startup can be interrupted for less power and DK doesn't yell when he does it

so this makes sense

Din's drifting when you use it in the air could be implemented for a safe recovery though (blow up the ledge and float in) if you didn't go into helpless. Burst Grenade idk what they were thinking

maybe to troll noob Sheik players and BNF
I suppose.

Din's is going to lose to most nairs or just general OoS options and hit Zelda anyway, it really wouldn't be that safe a recovery option.

Grenade causing helpless is honestly part of the reason I don't play Sheik...which is kind of weird because I never misinput sideB with Rosalina or Greninja but it seems to happen all the time with Sheik and Meta Knight.

and you forgot :squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee:
they aren't in sm4sh they don't count

Sing is a projectile right?
Technically a disjoint, but it isn't a neutralB anyway.

this tbh^^^^^^^

Also, I'm drinking caramel @ Macchiato Macchiato coffee right now

#coffeepals
Sweet cream over here

lol giratina-o suspect was april fools.
good one smogon
they didn't even wait until after voting and took the ladder down early i'm so mad

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
I'm back! I've been a way for a while doing other stuffs.
I just recently saw this poll for adding a new Smash character and I voted today :D

Lol my battery was at 69% :troll:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've been meaning to ask...Melia or Fiora? Which one are you actually going for cause like theres two separate ones ion your siggy gorl.
I'd prefer Fiora, but if Melia got in instead I'd still be very happy <3 I voted for both of them in the DLC ballot thing
The correct answer was Lynlee.

I prefer Melia myself, but Fiora deserves it more.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
If giant punch didn't free fall it'd be OP as an edge guarding tool. It is already such a good offstage suicide tool... Although the aerial super armor is really tough to utilize. Run off B-reverse 10-wind punch on a ledge regrab is beautiful.

It is annoying when you use in on the ledge vs someone and get pushed off stage because they blocked it.

@warionumbah2 & @ Fernosaur Fernosaur - yes. Those were pretty much the responses I was expecting. The concert is amazing and my work playlist right now.

Edit: lavaniiiiiiii... Lol I guess I didn't read your post fully because I missed the part that was quoted. Thought you ninja'd me.
DUDE, SH*T.

The Princess Mononke suite had me rolling on the floor. It's too beautiful!!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Since Mewtwo and Lucas are coming back, I don't really care who else is added to the roster. I'm sure they'll be cool, regardless of the character.

although i'd kill for ivysaur to come back, but it's never going to happen :/

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Since Mewtwo and Lucas are coming back, I don't really care who else is added to the roster. I'm sure they'll be cool, regardless of the character.

although i'd kill for ivysaur to come back, but it's never going to happen :/
Yeah, Ivysaur was my favorite of the Pokemon trio. I love the bulbasaur line.

It sucks, but what can you do when people go crazy over charizard.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
Another vote for Daisy!
Yisss. I was about to vote for Bayonetta but I'm pretty sure that Daisy has a higher chance and I didn't wanna waste my vote in case Nintendo was like "We can't work someone like Bayonetta out for this kind of game sorri :c "

@ 「 Derk 」 「 Derk 」 of course :D I'm kind of getting hyped for this poll, can't wait to see Daisy win it so we can have a death battle between her and Elsa.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yeah, Ivysaur was my favorite of the Pokemon trio. I love the bulbasaur line.

It sucks, but what can you do when people go crazy over charizard.
Ivysaur was unique, though. Afaik, no else does stuff with the grass type, but everyone and their mother has a fire move. Ivy was the most interesting of the trio. Its specials were kind of bland, but it could get a moveset rework like Pit did. I just wish PM would actually work for me so I could play Ivy, but whatever. Sadly, Ivy is probably close to last in most peoples list of veterans they want in smash 4.

I'd vote for it in the ballot thing, but I know it wouldn't do anything to get it in Smash 4.

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
So if Daisy actually made it would she have a Peach palette? :awesome:
First of all, Dat Cia.

Second of All, That would be pretty funny considering Peach has a Daisy Palette XD

She would but if you picked it every time you hit the shield button it auto SDs. Just to prove she's nto a peach clone.
ppppffttt Hahaha, YES Has to do this. 10/10 IGN GG

Also:

I feel like a wanted person, my likes have officially surpassed the amount of messages I have posted.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'd like Ivysaur and Squirtle to be in Smash 4, but what can you do. Maybe the Ballot could help consider them.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Ivysaur was unique, though. Afaik, no else does stuff with the grass type, but everyone and their mother has a fire move. Ivy was the most interesting of the trio. Its specials were kind of bland, but it could get a moveset rework like Pit did. I just wish PM would actually work for me so I could play Ivy, but whatever. Sadly, Ivy is probably close to last in most peoples list of veterans they want in smash 4.

I'd vote for it in the ballot thing, but I know it wouldn't do anything to get it in Smash 4.
Ivysaur last? I guess everyone forgets about Pichu and Young Link.

Ivysaur was my favorite as well, Occasionally while playing Pokemon Trainer I would switch Pokemon 3 times to "refresh" Ivysaur's stamina (I don't think this works really though; stamina was stupid anyway)

Ivysaur is lol in PM though. SolarBeam all the way <3

Also
Melia > Fiora
Cross > Elma

D

Deleted member

For the Daisy sistren here (creds to...whoever came up with the term Daisy sistren), don't worry, now's our chance to bring our princess to Smash. I know she'll get her chance soon. She'll destroy the flake, Rosalina on the battlefield. Rosa's new name is now Flakelina.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, I like Rosalina. But I prefer (and want) Daisy.

If one day she is playable, she MUST have a "Hi I'm Daisy" taunt. Like, a short, "spammable" one.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Really hoping that 1.0.6 brings some much needed adjustments to Hoo-Hah Kong, Rollsalota and Cheapo, Eggo the amazing aerial spamming dinosaur, and Spindash the hedgehog. Some things for Zelda is also welcomed (storable phantom would make Zelda pretty scary... hint hint!).

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
My predictions for 1.06

:4littlemac:
- Jolt Haymaker distance reduced

:4greninja:
- Recovery removed

:rosalina:

+ Luma respawn timer 12 seconds > 1.2 seconds (Sakurai's finger slipped while he was coding)

:4diddy:

- Brain removed
+ Braindeadness increased

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So gotta ask this.

Do you guys think Zelda will get buffed with the patch? If so, by how much?
I'm expecting small things. I feel like Zelda is a hard character to balance properly. Her attacks are pretty strong, come out quick (relative to their power), and have good range and disjoint. Her weaknesses are mobility and endlag. If they make her too fast, people will complain that she's too strong for her speed. If they give her too little end lag, complaints about her power and safety with moves will come up.

To sum it up, idk what exactly they could do (that's realistic) to make her better, other than fixing her multihits. Personally I'm hoping for less Phantom lag, less Nair lag (any aerial is fine but an auto cancel nair would be incredible for her combo game) and a better Usmash hitbox. Out of all of those, I think the aerial lag one is most likely, followed closely by the Usmash.

I hate to say it but I honestly don't ever see storable Phantom and non-freefall Din's ever happening.

1. Storable Phantom is is bit ridiculous, like BJN said.
2. It's Din's...

And Daisy....ehh...idk if I'd want her in Smash. But as a character I'm not sure if I hate her or find her super funny. Depends on my mood, I guess.

Good mood: LOLOLHIHIDAISYHIIMDAISYLOL
Bad mood: Omg SHUT UP SO ANNOYING

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Well, I like Rosalina. But I prefer (and want) Daisy.

If one day she is playable, she MUST have a "Hi I'm Daisy" taunt. Like, a short, "spammable" one.
Do you WANT the community to be more disrespectful than it already is?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Personally, to make her better without touching too much at her balance, I feel like giving her slightly more range would be good.
Especially that Up-smash.

Do you WANT the community to be more disrespectful than it already is?
Well, we can only do two taunts online, right?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I will cry if Rosalina is nerfed. After the 1.0.4 nerfs, she has been fine. She's a difficult character to use effectively, so the fact that she's good doesn't mean she should be nerfed. There are a lot more characters that need to be balanced more urgently than Rosalina does. Cancer, Hoo Hah, and maybe Sheik come to mind as characters that need nerfs. Puff, ZELDA, Samus, and Bowser Jr. could really use some buffs, but idk if Sakutena is generous enough to buff anyone now.

tl;dr Rosalina doesn't need nerfs so stop being a *****.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I will cry if Rosalina is nerfed. After the 1.0.4 nerfs, she has been fine. There are a lot more characters that need to be balanced more urgently than Rosalina does. Cancer, Hoo Hah, and maybe Sheik come to mind as characters that need nerfs. Puff, ZELDA, Samus, and Bowser Jr. could really use some buffs, but idk if Sakutena is generous enough to buff anyone now.

tl;dr Rosalina doesn't need nerfs so stop being a *****.
I agree with this. Sorta

Imo buff everyone and nerf shields and rolls so it becomes faster paced. don't nerf, just buff unless something is op. :4diddy:

Personally, to make her better without touching too much at her balance, I feel like giving her slightly more range would be good.
Especially that Up-smash.

Well, we can only do two taunts online, right?
Yeah so

Last edited:
Top Bottom