• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Everyone talks about SMTxFE/Persona:FE edition, New FE, Mewtwo, Lucas, Death of the Hoo Hah, etc.,etc

And I'm the one paying attention to Fatal Frame 5

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
news on giratina o

Okay, I think the time has come to reveal the joke. Yes, this suspect test wasn't serious. We aren't crazy, or at least not crazy enough to test something like Giratina-Origin for OU. To make the prank sound more beliveable, we chose to announce the test a few days before April 1st and to actually add a Suspect Ladder with Giratina-O unbanned.

If anything, during these 2 days of testing we've learnt a few things:
  • Giratina-O might not be as broken as some of us would have thought;
  • some people in this community are literally hysterical;
  • I'm honestly a genius for coming up with such brilliant idea (no, wait, we knew this already);
  • @tennisace's puns suck.
Major shoutouts to those who were able to identify the hidden phrase in the OP, @PokefanAidan and @Minority Suspect in particular. You guys forced me to stealth edit my post to keep the joke going.

Thanks to Smogon Senior Staff and to the OU staff team for playing along. This was definitely funny.

Happy April Fools' Day!

The worst part is that I knew they were crazy enough to actually put him in OU

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Persona X FE would've had me on life support
My hype organs wouldn't be able to function
Well that's what SMT X FE looks like LOL. It should've been called that, would've made sense.

It's just too bad I've never cared for Atlus RPGs or Persona in general. Slice of life sims don't look like fun to me, even if you can be amusingly awful as a human being and still get admiration for it.

I'm hyped for FF5. It looks good.
It's the only game that actually uses the Wii U gamepad PROPERLY

It's literally the game made for the Wii U. It's a shame that Fire Emblem: Persona is getting all the attention (I'm also interested in the game though, because well... Persona feels?)

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
To be fair it's Persona, one of the most like, IMO overhyped things ever. It looks stellar for those who enjoy that kind of thing but....yeahhhh. I guess it's probably cause I don't enjoy the games that I feel this way but myeah.

I'm sure it'll be a good Atlus RPG with a lot of substance, just probably not the substance I enjoy. I'm like, uber traditional JRPG in taste, to the point of where Bravely Default even felt flimsy (super restrictive class system that only lets you use a large chunk of them lategame, kind of kills the creative pacing and makes me just want to turn on FF5 again.)

Ramble ramble.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lucas's dthrow buries
Dthrow>uair?
Will the lu-hah be a thing?
Halle-lu(cas)hah :^)
Can't wait for character balancing though
Low tier buffffss
I'm honestly more hype for that than Moo2 and Lucas
Zer0 and M2Ks reactions to Moo2 gameplay were hilarious
"please be broken"

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
It's the only game that actually uses the Wii U gamepad PROPERLY

It's literally the game made for the Wii U. It's a shame that Fire Emblem: Persona is getting all the attention (I'm also interested in the game though, because well... Persona feels?)
So I guess Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, and Wonderful 101 don't exist.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lucas's dthrow buries
Dthrow>uair?
Will the lu-hah be a thing?
Halle-lu(cas)hah :^)
Can't wait for character balancing though
Low tier buffffss
I'm honestly more hype for that than Moo2 and Lucas
Zer0 and M2Ks reactions to Moo2 gameplay were hilarious
"please be broken"
Lucas' dthrow only buries as part of the animation tho, they pop right up afterwards

AND OMF YES I AM SO HYPE FOR CHARACTER BALANCING THAT IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY. RIP Diddy :^)

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Don't get too hyped now y'all. If it ends up being mundane and disappointing I don't want to see you guys running into a zoo and dropkicking Spider Monkeys.

The prospect is nice and the fact that there's active patching and updates is a very healthy sign, however. Points to more in the future if need be, I wager.

Last edited:
So I guess Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, Captain Toad, and Wonderful 101 don't exist.
Wii U gamepad is practically a camera of the sorts

Fatal Frame 5 allows you to use a camera

Also, Captain Toad's usage of the Wii U was pretty basic. Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, and Nintendo Land were alright in terms of creativity. Fatal Frame 5 literally is like... a bullseye.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
The hilarious potential of them doing funny things with Doc is very low but it would be entertaining.

I look forward to the changes, if any, to my main. Should be quite interesting. Those Mii costumes tho, I'm ready for those. My CDI Link can finally be complete (and it'll be even better if Swordfighter still ends up really bad)

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Lucas' dthrow only buries as part of the animation tho, they pop right up afterwards

AND OMF YES I AM SO HYPE FOR CHARACTER BALANCING THAT IT ISN'T EVEN FUNNY. RIP Diddy :^)
Yep, I can't wait what they are gonna do to Zelda. Hopefully, they will buff her.

But I have a sinking feeling that they are gonna end up nerfing her. :(

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Patch 1.0.6. : Zelda is now patched out of the game, now functions as a costume for Sheik.

Really though IDK what they're going to do with Zelda, her moveset just....seems troubled.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Patch 1.0.6. : Zelda is now patched out of the game, now functions as a costume for Sheik.

Really though IDK what they're going to do with Zelda, her moveset just....seems troubled.
I guess they could make landing her sweetspots easier.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yep, I can't wait what they are gonna do to Zelda. Hopefully, they will buff her.

But I have a sinking feeling that they are gonna end up nerfing her. :(
I would die if she was nerfed. I bet she'll be buffed in some way though, Nintendo surely must realize she's been a flawed character for three games straight

Also guys halp, Kamui or Robin avatar?

Last edited:

They just need to make her moves connect properly. Giver some of her aerials lower landing lag. It's dumb that all her aerials have >20 landing lag. They might need to give din's fire a massive re-design.

Spirst

Honestly, Zelda is most likely a running joke amongst the Smash developers at this point. They probably think of ways to mess up Zelda on their breaks as they all laugh,

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
They just need to make her moves connect properly. Giver some of her aerials lower landing lag. It's dumb that all her aerials have >20 landing lag. They might need to give din's fire a massive re-design.
They could start by not making it make her helpless in the air. The hell is up with that?

Oh well, this always happens to Zelda : ( She's like, Princess Dan of Hyrule.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm back. What'd I miss?
The 5 infraction points I gave yew for not NSFW spoilering your Edea earlier. :secretkpop:

Ooh, also, for any of y'all who've been playing FNAF (@SBphiloz4, @Twili, and Berserker01 come to mind.) you should keep an eye out for the release of Five nights at Treasure Island. It's imo the best looking FNAF clone that'll be released this year. It's based on the "Abandoned by Disney" creepypasta, and did a good job to be different. (Till FNAF3 stole the sound attraction idea smh.)

A little cinematic released by the creator yesterday. (Onto someone elses channel, not his.)

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Meme not withstanding, I don't think Nintendo will do anything to Greninja other than maybe removing some of his Shadow Sneak techs. Greninja is overall a pretty well balanced character imo so unless Nintendo has some issues with the character they shouldn't be doing anything to him.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
10 minutes on Tumblr have stained my mind
Looking for Kamui art and there's already fanfics
ITS BEEN LESS THAN 24 HOURS
One even begins with "so I'm your oni-chan huh?"
Oh Internet, you so silly

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
It's bad enough that I call the Nohr route the "Oni-chan" route. I'm upset that I have to say I'm playing that route first because I want to see how hard they can make it without it being unfair.

Oh well.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I would die if she was nerfed. I bet she'll be buffed in some way though, Nintendo surely must realize she's been a flawed character for three games straight

If she is going to be nerfed.... I'm just gonna main Mii Swordfighter. Hopefully, they've come to their senses.

I would definitely go for Kamui.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Re: SMTxFE
All my friends were assmad over the trailer, they were all expecting an SMT game with FE mechanics instead of the other way around.

I guess that's why it isn't called FExSMT though :^)

Unsure what to think about the new FE. I think I'll wait to see what other people have to say about it first.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Doesn't sakurai think ganondorf, Zelda, and samus are the best characters? Incoming nerfs

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Robin buffs seem likely, because of his tier in Japan
Idk

Kamui definitely

Last edited:
The 5 infraction points I gave yew for not NSFW spoilering your Edea earlier. :secretkpop:

Ooh, also, for any of y'all who've been playing FNAF (@SBphiloz4, @Twili, and Berserker01 come to mind.) you should keep an eye out for the release of Five nights at Treasure Island. It's imo the best looking FNAF clone that'll be released this year. It's based on the "Abandoned by Disney" creepypasta, and did a good job to be different. (Till FNAF3 stole the sound attraction idea smh.)

A little cinematic released by the creator yesterday. (Onto someone elses channel, not his.)
I'll keep an eye out for this. Thanks sis.

Also, just doin' my job :secretkpop:
All my friends were assmad over the trailer, they were all expecting an SMT game with FE mechanics instead of the other way around.

Unsure what to think about the new FE. I think I'll wait to see what other people have to say about it first.
Even though it reminds me of Persona and anything Persona=Probably good, I'm still at a loss as to how I'm suppose to feel about this.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion

I bet if the game was a Persona spinoff title, they would't be as mad. I'm just glad that it didn't get cancelled. But I'm really looking forward to play this though.

The new FE is... different which can be good or bad. We'll just have to wait and see.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Even though it reminds me of Persona and anything Persona=Probably good, I'm still at a loss as to how I'm suppose to feel about this.
Personally also let down by how little it actually resembles FE, which is the part I would've been buying it for so I'm probably out.

It's Atlus though, so I can't see the game not being good.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Doesn't sakurai think ganondorf, Zelda, and samus are the best characters? Incoming nerfs
I'd be...concerned if he did. He said prerelease that he thinks Samus is the best character which is super questionable, but hopefully he meant ZSS
Robin buffs seem likely, because of his tier in Japan
I hope Robin gets buffed, I would definitely start playing her again if she did

Top Bottom