• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Went ahead and added the 3DS codes (that I could see) of everyone in the last few pages. I'd appreciate if anyone added me back; you can delete me right after if you want, since my main intention is to gather friend safaris in X/Y.
I added ya Twili! But, I don't have X/Y. Do I need that in order for you to get a certain friend safari?

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I added ya Twili! But, I don't have X/Y. Do I need that in order for you to get a certain friend safari?
Thanks! And nah, it assigns a random type to each person's safari. The difference between you having X/Y and connecting with me online is just one Pokémon in the safari, getting 3/3 instead of 2/3.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
I'm not competitive player, but does anyone want to play a few matches? We can use whatever ruleset or stages you want.

This is for wii u BTW.

EDIT: 100 posts woo~

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I can't say much since you play differently with no lag, but the reason I landed all those combos is because there's a window after Doc sh bairs and MK being fast allows me to catch you in time with dash attack. I also read what u were doing , whenever I was in mid range you spot dodged. It worked since you landed d smash, up b and utilt on me but later in the games we played I literally jumped onto you with tornado.

Also don't use down b so early since I was mainly waiting for you to use it so I can gimp u, In neutral you threw out pills and I simply stayed in the air because doc can't jump high at all I would've carried on but there's no clock. I think I got a down b punish when you threw it out. If I don't find an opening I tend to runaway a little like I did in palutinas temple FD, you got impatient and chased me.

Down throw to shuttle loop can't be DId until 80% but to throw off the MK users input DI up and away. But alot of MKs don't go for this because they haven't clicked on that safe and most damaging combos are better than stylish sword sound effects combos that deal 7%.

MU wise Doc loses imo 60:40 @TTTTTsd can help you with what you can do with doc against MK.

Hope I helped a little ggs.
Thanks, also yeah but didn't yew say earlier that doc is MK's easiest MU?

Also one thing, when yew were on the ground. The only thing yew did was go for a grab so it was a little predictable. You can see that in our later matches than I rolled or spotdodged and avoided your grab. Great MK tho.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Admittedly, I hate Yoshi too.

But it's not because he's strong in this game. It's because back in the Brawl days, the Yoshi fanclub was out in force saying that he was a high tier character and that simply nobody understood Yoshi. I personally remember getting some Yoshi's ire back then because I said that Zelda vs. Yoshi was even and that Yoshi "isn't even that good." He got personally offended by this statement and called me all sorts of names (and also trash) and demanded to face me on WiFi.

I beat him 100% of the time. After the match he didn't say anything to me, so I PM'd him and said that his Yoshi was legit and I can see that he's at least a better character than Zelda, but he had put me on ignore.

So a few days later, another Yoshi was challenging what I said. This Yoshi ended up beating me about... 30% of the time? After the match, "YEAH I DUNKED ON SoR LOL YOSHI WRECKS ZELDA"

Sooo I decided Yoshi players and Yoshi himself is dumb.

The end.
That's sad to hear. I wasn't really around during the Brawl days since I only started playing Smash seriously 1 or 2 years ago. Nowadays most Yoshis are saying that overrated (which I agree with; he's top 10, but not top 3 or 5).

But please don't generalize Yoshi players like that. I don't hang around the Yoshi boards all that much, but most of the Yoshi players seem nice and aren't the ones to spam eggs and down B or insult other people very often.

Yoshi is tied with Greninja as my favorite fictional character and has been ever since I got Mario Kart DS when I was 8. He's green and cute and his karts had great stats. Since then, I have played Yoshi in every game he's been playable in, including Smash Bros of course. It makes me sad when people abuse him in Smash 4 and spam and it's also saddening to see the hate grow because of that. The poor dino dragon's been through enough with Mario's abuse in Super Mario World.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but just please reconsider the Yoshi hate. It's really hard to read this kind of stuff every week. Yoshi's kind of like a fictional brother to me.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I realized that even though I'm Korean, I've never played Starcraft before so I picked it up for $10 at EB games lol.

They also had a bunch of Majora's Mask new 3ds's.
I wanted to get one but no money lol.
Plus I want them to announce a Xenoblade one.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Yeah, I could tell the lag was messing with you. Dash attack tornado is dumb. Lol. Before you said you wouldn't take high speed drill to MM's matchup. Is it because MM punishes too hard and you want the normal drill for recovery purposes?
I could've sworn i said i would take HSD over normal drill, MM can punish hard but HSD makes it easier to zone break MM.

I'm a drill rush hater you see, this move will lose its relevance once people realize that it stage spikes. I'll only go default against :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4ness:
Thanks, also yeah but didn't yew say earlier that doc is MK's easiest MU?

Also one thing, when yew were on the ground. The only thing yew did was go for a grab so it was a little predictable. You can see that in our later matches than I rolled or spotdodged and avoided your grab. Great MK tho.
When did i say that? I think i said something like Doc is the easiest shoto to beat(Mario,Luigi,Wario), Doc is slow,poor range(worse than MK),no disjoints on normals or aerials,poor mobility and poor recovery.

I couldn't do anything else tbh, i usually play around in neutral and zone with dair by buffering my 2nd jump. I also foxtrot alot since MKs initial dash is long as hell, so i restricted myself to dash into shield,dash attack and grab lol.

Soul.

Admittedly, I hate Yoshi too.

But it's not because he's strong in this game. It's because back in the Brawl days, the Yoshi fanclub was out in force saying that he was a high tier character and that simply nobody understood Yoshi. I personally remember getting some Yoshi's ire back then because I said that Zelda vs. Yoshi was even and that Yoshi "isn't even that good." He got personally offended by this statement and called me all sorts of names (and also trash) and demanded to face me on WiFi.

I beat him 100% of the time. After the match he didn't say anything to me, so I PM'd him and said that his Yoshi was legit and I can see that he's at least a better character than Zelda, but he had put me on ignore.

So a few days later, another Yoshi was challenging what I said. This Yoshi ended up beating me about... 30% of the time? After the match, "YEAH I DUNKED ON SoR LOL YOSHI WRECKS ZELDA"

Sooo I decided Yoshi players are dumb and Yoshi himself is dumb.

The end.
lol, Brawl.
I like the game but the boards just seem like.... harsh? Brawl Pika boards are "lol new players" every time.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I could've sworn i said i would take HSD over normal drill, MM can punish hard but HSD makes it easier to zone break MM.

I'm a drill rush hater you see, this move will lose its relevance once people realize that it stage spikes. I'll only go default against :4kirby::4jigglypuff::4ness:

When did i say that? I think i said something like Doc is the easiest shoto to beat(Mario,Luigi,Wario), Doc is slow,poor range(worse than MK),no disjoints on normals or aerials,poor mobility and poor recovery.

I couldn't do anything else tbh, i usually play around in neutral and zone with dair by buffering my 2nd jump. I also foxtrot alot since MKs initial dash is long as hell, so i restricted myself to dash into shield,dash attack and grab lol.
Hmm. I'm probably thinking about Solidsense and dumb HSB. I was never a fan of drill rush in Brawl (not that I played Brawl at a competitive level at all), but HSD is pretty cool from what I've seen and used in smash run (lol).

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
gais i need help deciding what to spend 450 club nintendo coins on
I only have 3ds

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Thanks! And nah, it assigns a random type to each person's safari. The difference between you having X/Y and connecting with me online is just one Pokémon in the safari, getting 3/3 instead of 2/3.
I have a Frogadier/Gyarados/Bibarel safari so I can give you my FC if you if you want it.

Also, don't you have to see the person online to be able to get HAs in their safari? I thought that (along with the 3rd pokemon) was the main draw of the safaris.

ps i love your avatar

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Become Chudat and troll with Kirby's Inhale. :p
The difference is there's no legitimate excuse for dying to kirbycide in this game, if you aren't breaking out before you hit the blast zone you're asleep at the wheel.

Related:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
That's sad to hear. I wasn't really around during the Brawl days since I only started playing Smash seriously 1 or 2 years ago. Nowadays most Yoshis are saying that overrated (which I agree with; he's top 10, but not top 3 or 5).

But please don't generalize Yoshi players like that. I don't hang around the Yoshi boards all that much, but most of the Yoshi players seem nice and aren't the ones to spam eggs and down B or insult other people very often.

Yoshi is tied with Greninja as my favorite fictional character and has been ever since I got Mario Kart DS when I was 8. He's green and cute and his karts had great stats. Since then, I have played Yoshi in every game he's been playable in, including Smash Bros of course. It makes me sad when people abuse him in Smash 4 and spam and it's also saddening to see the hate grow because of that. The poor dino dragon's been through enough with Mario's abuse in Super Mario World.

I don't really know where I'm going with this post, but just please reconsider the Yoshi hate. It's really hard to read this kind of stuff every week. Yoshi's kind of like a fictional brother to me.
Sorry if I touched on a nerve. It may not be right to generalize a group of players, but it's what happened to me - and this was specifically during the Brawl days. I meant no harm behind it.
lol, Brawl.
I like the game but the boards just seem like.... harsh? Brawl Pika boards are "lol new players" every time.
Remember when @Aeralfos linked a thread from the Brawl days that defended Din's Fire?

I remember posting in that thread, then reading a post by AlmostLegendary, then facepalming.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
lol, Brawl.
It's always a rocky start at the beginning, then it smooths out later on.

Mario boards got better after I cleaned it up a bit.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
my friend safari is dwebble/magcargo/barbaracle lmao

nobody wanted to friend me so I didn't have a ditto safari for like a month ;_;

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ggs to you! Those were fun! You have a really good zss
I'm guilty to have practiced one of my least favourite characters in the game to become a secondary.
Zero Skill Spamus. I love you, and I hate you. :sadsheep:

Soul.

Character boards are so desolate. Man, **** Skype.
Remember when @Aeralfos linked a thread from the Brawl days that defended Din's Fire?

I remember posting in that thread, then reading a post by AlmostLegendary, then facepalming.
lmao yes, that was hilarious af

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So you guys know how when you hit someone charging a smash attack it does a massive amount more knockback than normal?
I was offstage and a FG DK was charging his fsmash so I hit him with the reappearing hit of Farore's and killed him at 30%
:secretkpop:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
So you guys know how when you hit someone charging a smash attack it does a massive amount more knockback than normal?
I was offstage and a FG DK was charging his fsmash so I hit him with the reappearing hit of Farore's and killed him at 30%
:secretkpop:
I think that also goes for charging specials, because @ Macchiato Macchiato KO'd my Robin at like 35% with that while I was charging Thoron, and I wasn't even quite on the edge of the stage. >_>

Soul.

Smogon went off the rails in 4th gen and never recovered. I seriously question anyone who prefers their metagame over VGC at this point. It was clear that Game Freak had been balancing that game around doubles for a long time, but Smogon was so stuck in the past that they insisted on molding Pokemon into something entirely different and convoluted than to get on with the times.
but people still play Smogon.
but some people just don't like VGC.
but Pokémon is all about variety.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I have a Frogadier/Gyarados/Bibarel safari so I can give you my FC if you if you want it.

Also, don't you have to see the person online to be able to get HAs in their safari? I thought that (along with the 3rd pokemon) was the main draw of the safaris.

ps i love your avatar
I think I have two friends with Frogadier, but anyone I can add I'll do it, since the more the merrier. \o/

Not sure about HAs, but it sounds likely. Me, however, I don't really care about abilities and such. I play the game just to play it, you know? Competitive Pokémon was never appealing to me. I'll barely ever PVP my own friends--only did one battle ever, actually. I won because I took down her Dragalge with Gardevoir, ha.

also, thank you ~ i worked for a good bit editing it--it's not mine originally of course, it's by chocogrotto on tumblr
i like yours, too, i have that one saved in my rosie folder

@ Twili Twili

Added you. I believe I have Riolus if you care about that.
Thanks gorl <3

Pretty neat! You can catch them near the beginning of the game, but I think they were a bit rare at that. It took me a bit of time to find my Riolu at first.

my friend safari is dwebble/magcargo/barbaracle lmao

nobody wanted to friend me so I didn't have a ditto safari for like a month ;_;
Mine is poison, but I don't remember what I have in it. I think they're.. well I know one is Swalot but the others.. Muk? And Gloom? No idea.

Edit: Probably not Muk considering all the safaris are level 30. Can't think of the third.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, let's call it. The lag is pretty bad. Could be a distance thing me being in Seattle and all.

My connection is generally pretty good.

Edit: yep. Fg runs smooth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom