• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Went ahead and added the 3DS codes (that I could see) of everyone in the last few pages. I'd appreciate if anyone added me back; you can delete me right after if you want, since my main intention is to gather friend safaris in X/Y.
I'll add you when I get the chance. My old FS was rock but idk my new one after I got the 3ds fixed and reset :(

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Thanks gorl <3

Pretty neat! You can catch them near the beginning of the game, but I think they were a bit rare at that. It took me a bit of time to find my Riolu at first.
I think the benefit is getting Hidden ability Riolus, which I believe are suppose to be good for little cup or something.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
but people still play Smogon.
but some people just don't like VGC.
but Pokémon is all about variety.
Eh, the only thing wrong this gen is getting too banhappy. Some were justified or at least understandable (M-Kang, M-Gengar) but I believe the reasoning for banning Aegislash was basically "it restricts other Pokémon usage and we don't like that."

Personally I'd just have most Pokémon legal and implement item clause.

I can play you @ Locke 06 Locke 06 in about 15-20 minutes.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Eh, the only thing wrong this gen is getting too banhappy. Some were justified or at least understandable (M-Kang, M-Gengar) but I believe the reasoning for banning Aegislash was basically "it restricts other Pokémon usage and we don't like that."

I'm going out in about 15-20 minutes. ^_^; Sorry! We'll have to catch each other another time.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

I'm going out in about 15-20 minutes. ^_^; Sorry! We'll have to catch each other another time.
I don't think you guys are ever going to be able to play.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
FLSS basically removes the counterpick aspect entirely. Instead, allows both players to pick a middle ground that doesn't benefit and/or detract too greatly from either player.

It's also important why to have all the fair stages legal. Because some characters don't actually like Battlefield, Final Destination, or smashville, and prefer Halberd, Wuhu, Delfino, etc.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's the same as regular stage picking, but all stages are available to play game 1, rather than just starters game 1, then starters + CPs onward.
I feel this is better too. All stages on the list matters a bit more and it kinda lessens the "Just go to Smashville?" laziness when you have much more options.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I feel this is better too. All stages on the list matters a bit more and it kinda lessens the "Just go to Smashville?" laziness when you have much more options.
In theory, I can even ban Battlefield, Town & City, Final Destination, and Smashville. There isn't too many reasons to do this, but it is there.

But yeah, this method is far superior then the old way.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
did you actually just post MK stock icon after I spent the last I don't know how long telling everybody how dumb MK is represented in Smash in the CCI thread

WHY

Kofu fell on his head too much times by spamming Game & Watch dash attack. At least he was wearing that helmet! Or... whatever that thing is.

Soul.

That's the typical ban argument Smogon does to a Pokémon.
"It puts a huge strain on teambuilding. It restricts the usage of other, good Pokémon, making you use ***** lower tier ones as uncommon checks/counters."

Also since you mentioned Item Clause, VGC has that already. Allows for a more strategic thing I guess.

Unfortunately for Smogon, that's most likely not going to happen as their tiers are based on usage.

Last edited:

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
Those matches were really fun @ Macchiato Macchiato ! The lag didn't seem to mess with you too much! you were still really good. Do you have any advice for me?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
In theory, I can even ban Battlefield, Town & City, Final Destination, and Smashville. There isn't too many reasons to do this, but it is there.

But yeah, this method is far superior then the old way.
Only problem with it is the original method suits Mario better because Battlefield is his best stage. I have to auto-ban Kongo every single time, but whatevs. At least I have delfino at my fingertips.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
For both Rosalina and Toon Link? Alright! I'll try to incorporate it into my playing more.

I have a lot of trouble properly spacing with Rosalina's Nair though. I'll keep trying.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've never seen a good TL like
ever

that's kind of sad considering there's a good ZELDA who consistently goes to tournaments but not a T. Link when he's much more viable than her

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just lost round 1 of a Pokemon tournament that I spend so much time teambuilding for. This needs to not happen next tourney.

Soul.

Never seen a good one either.
TL in a nutshell is spam Fire Arrows, Bomb > NAir, ZAir, camp yadda yadda yadda
Just lost round 1 of a Pokemon tournament that I spend so much time teambuilding for. This needs to not happen next tourney.
Showdown?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Question: Was Falco even good in any of the games?

Warning: Rant below.
Looking at it, he just exploited the game mechanics. In Melee we had wave dashing and Fox's moveset as a template and knowing Fox who exploited the mechanics to all hell, we knew Falco would be good. In Brawl, we had chain grabbing. The only things good to broken about Falco was his Melee and Brawl fast Dair spike, Melee Reflector allowing him to combo, and Brawl Blaster being broken as a Fiat in the 1950's or something - there's a saying of, "Fix it again, Tony", against Fiats including the new ones which from what I've heard are good, especially the Abarth model. That was it.

Melee's Blaster was good, but not Brawl Blaster good, hell, it was 64 Fox's Blaster. Speaking of Fox, he was a good character since the beginning, but Melee is where he exploited the engine while the other games was where he was good by design and his own merits. Likewise, Wolf was good by design and his own merits. Falco? Falco's a chump who rode on Fox's glory and Ganondorf rode on Captain Falcon's glory; same aerials, except for Fair, but more powerful, anyone? On his own "merits" Falco had only his fast Dair spike and 64 Fox's Blaster.

So, question to the question: Why the hell did they think it was a great idea to make him have a horrible Blaster, a FUBAR'd hitbox on his Falco Phantasm, removed front hitbox to Bair and having Wolf's Bair, and make his grabs and Dash Attack slow? If Falco couldn't chain grab in Brawl and his Blaster wasn't so horribly and brokenly programmed in Brawl, he'd probably be at Fox and Wolf's level if not mid to low tier. We're taking about a character who without chain grabbing and laser spam, a character who couldn't force approaches well, camp, and rack up damage in a stupid way. He'd have to play a legitimate game like Fox and Wolf. Well, he's doing that now, but worse than Brawl and Melee Falco. LOL Falco indeed.

Y'know what the sad part is? As Falco became "legitimatized", Fox became a bit broken with his Jab lock and Jab cancel to whatever. Luigi went from being goofy to Mario Kart 8, the Pale Green Rider, and "Youse'a gonna die, pal".

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Never seen a good one either.
TL in a nutshell is spam Fire Arrows, Bomb > NAir, ZAir, camp yadda yadda yadda

Showdown?
Yeah. It was a tournament called Starter Overload where you're only able to use Pokemon that have been starters in various games (including spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon, XD, Collosseum, etc.). Lost 0-2 to a Choice Scarf Togekiss :/.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
but I believe the reasoning for banning Aegislash was basically "it restricts other Pokémon usage and we don't like that."
Incidentally the only ban I found highly questionable this gen, and iirc there was some finger-pointing that it wouldn't have been banned if someone didn't fearmonger some people into changing their votes.

That's the typical ban argument Smogon does to a Pokémon.
"It puts a huge strain on teambuilding. It restricts the usage of other, good Pokémon, making you use ***** lower tier ones as uncommon checks/counters."
There is, of course, a difference between pokes like M-Lucario and M-Mawile that require some specific Moltres/Volcarona/Yzard spread to actually counter (which they won't actually be able to do more than one time because of 4x Stealth Rock weaknesses) that will be a wasted teamslot against any other team comp, and something like Aegislash that isn't requiring niche sets to beat (Mandibuzz is perfectly fine in OU and handles Aegislash well, but loses to Head Smash) but can lucksack its way past just about anything with opponents fearing King's Shield combined with its substantial offensive and defensive specs.

EDIT: Well, the bigger issue to Smogon was that Aegislash meant a lot of pokes such as M-Garde, M-Hera, M-Medi, and various others were useless in the metagame and that it was limiting what could be used substantially. Point I'm trying to make is it's still a very different thing from the other suspects.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'll add you when I get the chance. My old FS was rock but idk my new one after I got the 3ds fixed and reset :(
Sweet, thanks! I'll let you know when I boot up the game next.
@ Twili Twili the profile of a true Zelda main lol
Hm? Did you mean my 3DS message? Haa yeah, a friend and I made Smash into a soap opera completely by accident while sticking eight CPUs, all of one character, into 8player smash and pausing at random times to see what we could get. Zelda is a bird.. Half the Duck Hunts are stoned, and our official soap opera is Super Smash Soaps: All My Luma.

We entertain ourselves in unorthodox ways.

I think the benefit is getting Hidden ability Riolus, which I believe are suppose to be good for little cup or something.
It's a good reason, I'm just not a competitive battler. I want to get more friend safaris to help towards eventually completing the national dex, since I never did that. I got so lazy with Y after I beat the game.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So, question to the question: Why the hell did they think it was a great idea to make him have a horrible Blaster, a FUBAR'd hitbox on his Falco Phantasm, removed front hitbox to Bair and having Wolf's Bair, and make his grabs and Dash Attack slow?
The same reason they thought it was a great idea to remove Marth's (and by extent Lucina's) double SH fair as well as nerfing Zelda when she was the 2nd worst character in Brawl. The developers don't seem to be very logical sometimes.

SpiralGalaxies

Smash Lord
NNID
SpiralGalaxies
One of the staff there must have been a Zelda/Marth/Falco player who kept beating sakurai. This is his revenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom