• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
I beat Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. It did a good job expanding on MP1 without being a copy of it. They story was pretty good for a light FPS.
The downsides revolve around MP2 being more tedious than the 1st. It's harder but sometimes in a bad way. Ammo is required for the special beam weapons and is easy to come by but the game often is briefly interrupted by farming it. The dark world hurts Samus gradually and requires her to seek shelter in areas protected by light beacons and crystals. This slightly limits the freedom of exploration and creates a sense of urgency for most of the game. Some morph ball puzzles can be a pain in the butt too.
For a personal complaint, the environment isn't as pretty or fun as MP1 but that's my opinion.
With that said, MP2 is a very enjoyable game with no significant downsides. The controls are fantastic, there's tons to find and do, it's interesting and has good pacing. If you're a fan of sci-fi light shooters buying the Metroid Prime Trilogy from Wii U E shop at $20 is a fantastic deal as the first game alone is worth the money.

MP2 gets a 9 out of 10 from me. Onward to MP3 Corruption.

But anyway Aero, lmao doe. Didn't spot that at all~

ZSS' n-air has a weird hitbox. I feel like I'm missing something here but every time I try to land it, it doesn't hit at all. I'm not really for spamming stun lasers either so eeeeh. Also, her grab comes out really late so F no
I heard the dthrow utilt "combo" is scrub-ish
I use u-throw > d-air > f-air or d-throw > u-air > f-air or d-throw > u-airx99 instead of that.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
WEIRD. 3 months ago, I could manage to u-air juggle into Zamus' up B for an instant-death combo. Now, I can't do the same ****. I don't really like Zamus. She's way too dependent on her neutral B and n-air for her neutral :(

Mario is solid as always. Only thing keeping me away from using him is that everyone uses Mario

Shulk is Shulk. Gotta practice speed art more. My buster and jump usage are on point imo

@Indigo Jeans "Shooting slingshots" Why does that sound wrong? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ZSS and Greninja (among others) are slightly too mobile for my tastes. I'd like to use Greninja and he seems more my type than ZSS but I'm not technical/fast enough to use him.

FG Mario can get even worse I found out. Ran into one who barely used Fireballs but still didn't approach, opting for lots of jab and smashes with the occasional DThrow to Up-B and dash attack mixed in. His air game was almost nonexistent besides BAir and FAir every once in a while. Best of all, he used rolling as his main means of movement. I beat him 5 times, the first with Dedede who I picked and then with Ganon, ZSS, Samus, and Bowser, all chosen by random but most of whom I use. My first kill with ZSS was a clutch BAir that I don't think he expected. Regular Samus gets slammed by lag though, geez.

One thing he did that was decent was Cape into another attack. @ HeroMystic HeroMystic and @ Berserker. Berserker. is that a common thing to use like a counter occasionally? Additionally, everyone's favorite Mario theorist feels that his dash attack is bad, but I think it's decent since his leg seems to be invincible during the attack (I saw it clank with a 9 once, much rage). Thoughts?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I've only played Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Superstar Saga myself - loved them all though. If I had to rank them it'd be in the reverse order, Superstar Saga was way too good and I enjoyed the partners and badges in Paper Mario.

PiT is probably the only other one I'll play in the M&L RPG series though; I haven't heard good things about DT, and I already hate it when games decide "hey let's have a segment where you explore the innards of something!" so there's no ****ing way I'm going to sit through an entire game about it.

agghhh

I need to jack someone's Wii U copy

I also need to find a new potential Rosalina avatar since my two favorites are already in use
Bad things about DT? You're kidding right? The only bad things I can list are the 4th and 5th giant battles (ugh) and the slow start. Everything else was amazing, HOWEVER if you EVER play Dream Team, you must do it with high quality headphones. The music is unbelievably good. Also its battle system is super fleshed out and combat wise it is easily the most engaging in the series.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Since Mario is the subject, Mario's been giving my scrub Sheik a lot of trouble any advice from the Mario players on that MU?

One thing he did that was decent was Cape into another attack. @ HeroMystic HeroMystic and @ Berserker. Berserker. is that a common thing to use like a counter occasionally? Additionally, everyone's favorite Mario theorist feels that his dash attack is bad, but I think it's decent since his leg seems to be invincible during the attack (I saw it clank with a 9 once, much rage). Thoughts?
Cape into attack? I've never seen that. I've seen FLUDD set ups into u-smash or f-air, but nothing about cape. Maybe I'm being bad or I haven't watched enough videos.

Mario's dash attack is great for covering the ledge. IIRC, Ally used it to deal with Diddy's recovery (I think it was a match against Chrim Foish. Correct me if I'm wrong.) It's pretty good for land chasing, but other than that? Eh. It's too punishable to use at neutral imo
Since Mario is the subject, Mario's been giving my scrub Sheik a lot of trouble any advice from the Mario players on that MU?
Camp and bait harder

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Bad things about DT? You're kidding right? The only bad things I can list are the 4th and 5th giant battles (ugh) and the slow start. Everything else was amazing, HOWEVER if you EVER play Dream Team, you must do it with high quality headphones. The music is unbelievably good. Also its battle system is super fleshed out and combat wise it is easily the most engaging in the series.
I've never heard actual reasons, but when people list out the M&L RPGs I always see it listed last. If you're saying it's good though, I'll consider it at some point (backlog, etc). I suppose even if it were the worst M&L RPG relatively, that's like being the poorest man out of four billionaires (assuming the other games hold up to Superstar Saga's quality)

One thing he did that was decent was Cape into another attack. @ HeroMystic HeroMystic and @ Berserker. Berserker. is that a common thing to use like a counter occasionally?
I like to call that tactic "the lv9 CPU"

EDIT: christ how many times did I change my avatar in the last 24 hours
this must be what it feels like to be macchiato

EDIT2: palette swaps go

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I beat Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. It did a good job expanding on MP1 without being a copy of it. They story was pretty good for a light FPS.
The downsides revolve around MP2 being more tedious than the 1st. It's harder but sometimes in a bad way. Ammo is required for the special beam weapons and is easy to come by but the game often is briefly interrupted by farming it. The dark world hurts Samus gradually and requires her to seek shelter in areas protected by light beacons and crystals. This slightly limits the freedom of exploration and creates a sense of urgency for most of the game. Some morph ball puzzles can be a pain in the butt too.
For a personal complaint, the environment isn't as pretty or fun as MP1 but that's my opinion.
With that said, MP2 is a very enjoyable game with no significant downsides. The controls are fantastic, there's tons to find and do, it's interesting and has good pacing. If you're a fan of sci-fi light shooters buying the Metroid Prime Trilogy from Wii U E shop at $20 is a fantastic deal as the first game alone is worth the money.

MP2 gets a 9 out of 10 from me. Onward to MP3 Corruption.
I love a lot of Echoes but hate a lot of it too. The ammo system means I'm usually just using the Power Beam for most of the game unless I need to open doors, wreck Ing with Light Beams, or freeze Dark Metroids with Dark Beams. Knowing how to work with the copious supply containers to give you the ammo you want means you're usually not hurting too bad.

Someone pointed out that Dark Aether is actually safer than its light counterpart by the end of the game because you no longer take damage from the atmosphere and you still have all the healing beacons. There's also fewer enemies, at least by the Temple Grounds.

Most of the game isn't quite as beautiful as the first in terms of scenery (Sanctuary Fortress is gorgeous though), but it's interesting to see how each area changes as you move the light back to its proper realm. I wish we got a little more backstory about the war, I love that part of the setup.

Cape into attack? I've never seen that. I've seen FLUDD set ups into u-smash or f-air, but nothing about cape. Maybe I'm being bad or I haven't watched enough videos.
I've seen it a few times. It's a gamble if the opponent reads it, which is why I compared it to a counter, but you Cape as the opponent starts a preferably laggy attack, then you hit them. Cape seems to reverse horizontal inputs for a short time after it hits which can lead into a punish. Meanwhile I have no idea how you use FLUDD outside of gimping a handful of recoveries.

Mario's dash attack is great for covering the ledge. IIRC, Ally used it to deal with Diddy's recovery (I think it was a match against Chris Fisch. Correct me if I'm wrong.) It's pretty good for land chasing, but other than that? Eh. It's too punishable to use at neutral imo
I could see that. It's not like Jigglypuff's, Game & Watch's, or Ganon's dash attacks while thrust their user forward which makes them amazing. I just don't feel like it's a terrible move like he says it is.

I've seen it a few times. It's a gamble if the opponent reads it, which is why I compared it to a counter, but you Cape as the opponent starts a preferably laggy attack, then you hit them. Cape seems to reverse horizontal inputs for a short time after it hits which can lead into a punish. Meanwhile I have no idea how you use FLUDD outside of gimping a handful of recoveries.
Instead of gimping them, you can use it to position them for a f-air or up smash

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyWOlF-vr1A&index=17&list=PLe5nQdhHqwUXkebe1yI_14ezqU84R6dtI (12:37)
I could see that. It's not like Jigglypuff's, Game & Watch's, or Ganon's dash attacks while thrust their user forward which makes them amazing. I just don't feel like it's a terrible move like he says it is.
It's probably because it isn't an option to use it at neutral. It's alright. I guess. Situational uses but it isn't terrible
EDIT: christ how many times did I change my avatar in the last 24 hours
this must be what it feels like to be macchiato

EDIT2: palette swaps go
This is also my life

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm so tempted to use the other half of Lavani's avatar, assuming it the's one I think it is.

Too bad Cuccos are life now.

related/something that coincidentally happened today:

[5:58:58 PM] IsmaR_AZ: There's a rooster in my front yard
[6:02:17 PM] IsmaR_AZ: I'm confused
[6:02:25 PM] IsmaR_AZ: it turned to look at me
[6:02:36 PM] IsmaR_AZ: **** a doodle doo'd
[6:02:43 PM] IsmaR_AZ: then just kept walking down the sidewalk/crossing the road
[6:03:00 PM] IsmaR_AZ: It's like he was telling me
[6:03:04 PM] IsmaR_AZ: "Good day, ma'am"
[6:05:30 PM] IsmaR_AZ: "Excuse me, but I have rooster things to tend to."

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Good lord all of these Rosettas and Chikos are making me a bit worried.

Someone should switch to something from JoJos so I don't feel totally alone, isolated, and scared.

Ally is the reason why I use Mario

Shulk is the reason I use Shulk... and Sheik (sometimes)

Showing the light is the reason why I use Diddy

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Pretty sure it is. It was around when pranking first became a thing anyway
but you can only prank when you're premium
and you can only prank those who aren't premium

Too bad Cuccos are life now.

related/something that coincidentally happened today:

[5:58:58 PM] IsmaR_AZ: There's a rooster in my front yard
[6:02:17 PM] IsmaR_AZ: I'm confused
[6:02:25 PM] IsmaR_AZ: it turned to look at me
[6:02:36 PM] IsmaR_AZ: **** a doodle doo'd
[6:02:43 PM] IsmaR_AZ: then just kept walking down the sidewalk/crossing the road
[6:03:00 PM] IsmaR_AZ: It's like he was telling me
[6:03:04 PM] IsmaR_AZ: "Good day, ma'am"
[6:05:30 PM] IsmaR_AZ: "Excuse me, but I have rooster things to tend to."
man, chickens are cute

I wanna ride the Rosetta bandwagon but I need an ultra-cute Rosalina avatar first

Wait you know what. **** that. Edea's da bess.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Good lord all of these Rosettas and Chikos are making me a bit worried.

Someone should switch to something from JoJos so I don't feel totally alone, isolated, and scared.
You should join the party imo. I know just the pic for you, too!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Aw, I hate losing my awesome avatar for site pranks :c
What're (<-hey look I invented a new contraction :awesome:) the max dimensions for avatars now?

I had the long conversation with @SolidSense and concluded some things that were obvious and some that were interesting:

- Shulk is poopy against Sheik/Fox/Sonic or other characters that punish (*hint hint* : Robin)
- Sheik is amazing and poorly designed but she could have trouble against Pikachu
- Diddy Kong is brain dead and should be banned 4ever (nah, that was just me :p)
- Diddy Kong's meta out paces the game
- Mewtwo will be low tier
- Mewtwo will need disjointed, fast, hard hitting hitboxes to compensate for being light and tall
- Ganondorf is secret SS tier

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
WHY DID I SLEEP THROUGH THIS!?
Sorry man. You missed the beautiful avatar

Unfortunately, Lavani changed it because... things....

I think I also made my biggest post evar. Not really but it's about the community, and my perspective on several things about Smash 4:
Depiction of a pro diddy ban side

The thing with Diddy is that literally no one has an even match up or a positive match up against him. He beats everyone flat out. There's no way in hell that Sheik and Pikachu can handle Diddy at this point. His meta has out paced every other character's. Sheik is countered by Pikachu, and Pikachu is countered by any character that can space so they're balanced. Well... Sheik is borderline imbalanced but she isn't invincible and that's what matters. Diddy used to be iffy against Sheik and Pikachu but thanks to dat new technology, those match ups are now not problematic at all

If Diddy still has no counter after a year (at least), then a character ban may actually be something worth looking at. Smash bros. 4 seems to be more about counterpicking. You see a lot of professional players (Dabooze, N@K@T, Nairu, Fals3, Treluh, etc.) having multiple mains and they have fantastic results. Why? Because every character has a counter. Even the top tiers (Rosalina is borderline hopeless against Diddy) have horrendous match ups. Sheik blows against Pikachu so you're going to need another character that can deal with Piakchu well. That or you'll have to rely on outplaying the Pika player. Diddy doesn't seem to follow the trend. You can't really name one character that actually gives Diddy a run for his money. Only way you can beat Diddy is by respecting his whole moveset which is DUMB. I think everyone has gotten that message but that didn't stop Diddy at all

Because he's still winning all of them. If he isn't winning them, he's occupying a good percentage of top 4 or top 8:

http://smashboards.com/threads/project-playhem-weeklies-4-livonia-3-19-15.395603
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...ee-doubles-smash-4-project-m-smash-64.388331/
http://smashboards.com/threads/ktar-xii-results-106-entrants.395844/
http://smashboards.com/threads/no-m...read-melee-smash-wii-u-windsor-ontario.396323
http://smashboards.com/threads/umebura-13-tokyo-japan.394962/
http://smashboards.com/threads/fayettnam-march-wiiu-singles.396070/
http://smashboards.com/threads/sfc1-results-1v1-2v2-amiibos-cypress-da-goat.395938

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Depiction of an anti diddy ban side in a nutshell

Shut the **** up and play the damn game. Stop ******** and adapt. Just put up with Diddy Kong despite all the logical claims you have presented. But really, stop ******** and play the game. ADAPT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion: This game is perennially F'd because of the excessive divides. Let's move on to Splatoon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you want my opinion on all the divides,

- I've always been for 3 stocks because of 2 things: Rage mechanic, and more time to adapt at mid-matches

- I'm okay with customs. Tbh, some of them are too janky. Customs need to be tested first. I'd rather play it safe. We're rushing it too early

- Idc about the time limit. The longer, the better but IDC. As long as it's not too short

- About Diddy... HMM.... This one's difficult. I'm sure you all know my relationship with this ************. Unfortunately, I'm pro-ban. Cuss at me all you want. Blame his meta game for growing 99 times faster than the rest of the roster. My reasons are up there in my depiction of pro-Diddy banning btw. TLDR: There's too much empirical and factual evidence backing this up BUT... I'll give it time. Until our lord and savior Mewtwo comes, or until a character develops into a legit Diddy counter. I guess.

- The divides really are killing this game. I guess I'm not helping but the reality is, you can't be neutral with this situation. Sorry guys, there's no middle ground. There are only 2 sides and no matter how calm and rationale or indifferent you guys are to this situation, you WILL take a side. If you don't take either of them, you probably aren't playing Smash 4 atm or you're just flat out indifferent and you're fine with whatever. To say to "simply play the game" is impossible at the moment because no one is at an agreement as to how you can play the game. I know I said this at the Zelda thread. When I said, "How about we just play the game instead of worrying about it's 'inevitable death'," that's basically as neutral as I can get with the divides. The only way you can actually enjoy the game is if you don't give a ****. If you just play it because well... you want to play it. HOWEVER, if you actually assume that this is your stance yet question the motives of any of the other divides, you're definitely not neutral. Not trying to justify taking a side in this madness. The only solution is if we all get together and agree on ONE thing which will be easier said than done

- I don't really care much about 3v3 or 4v4's. They're all fun imo

- Doubles >>> Singles. MegaZard is too fun
I think I went off track but idk. These are my opinions

Edit: I just want this BS to end tbh. I know some guy said that we're simply having a formal debate. I'm sorry. I'm not seeing that at all. Not in Smashboards, not in social media especially. I may have taken a side but that's because I have my own opinions. I can't help it, but I still go to tournaments that don't accustom to my tastes. I still go and play the game. Alright, now I'm sounding neutral atm. I still want 3 stocks/no customs/sort of ban Diddy but whatever. I'm still having fun with this game

AND LIKE I SAID, I WENT OFF TRACK/DOZED OFF WITH MY LONG POST

~end rant~

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I think people are just sleeping.

Speaking of fitness, I tried to do pushups the other day and I managed 15.

How unimpressive, so I've made it a goal to be able to do 100 consecutive pushups thanks to training guides I've read on the net.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but day 2 is tomorrow so...
Congratulations Aero, you've finished your eight weeks today.

Here are some guidelines on posting your results :smash::
-Shirtless: Required
-Just Underwear: Highly Recommended
-Naked: Extra Credit

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I heard the dthrow utilt "combo" is scrub-ish
It's a good beginner's combo, but you can literally get the same damage off of one B-air (1% more if fresh), and it's worse than just using Up-B if you know you won't get punished for it after.

Good players will DI that **** anyway. Impossible to get more than one or two U-tilts against good players unless it's against lolFalcon because he takes it like a man, or lolLink because he has a skirt.

Ran into one who barely used Fireballs but still didn't approach, opting for lots of jab and smashes with the occasional DThrow to Up-B and dash attack mixed in.
seldom use of fireballs is okay against fast characters. Spacing is a huge deal against them and Fireballs have so much recovery you can only afford to throw out one. Other than that, sounds like a scrub.

Cape is decent for getting past aerials that beat yours, but comes out too slow and leaves you vulnerable. I've done Cape into another attack a few times but mainly for lulz. It has no real strategic merit except for making your opponent think "wait, wut?"

Dash Attack is getting more love from me personally. It's just risky to use because if you whiff, you might as well should've walked up to him and say "Kay, F-Smash me." It's super punishable and you can almost always use something safer, but it's great against evasive players.

Stop running into my Smash attacks and camp the **** out of me.

Seriously. Mario hates anyone who runs away and forces him to chase, which Sheik is perfect at.

Salted Caramel is amazing. Nutella sucks :3

(random note of the day)

Making avatars is difficult >_>

Last edited:
Top Bottom