• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Dang straight. Pretty much every Mario RPG is top-tier material. Like I said, I haven't played Partners in Time, Bowser's Inside Story, or Dream Team. I've heard PiT is good but not as good as the original. I believe the other two were pretty well received by the fans, though.

I believe SS was the first game to introduce Boomerang Bros. [quick research shows I was wrong lol] And they're not some tacky Hammer Bro knockoffs either, they have swag.

There were also these guys:

And if anyone wants to know why so many fans were disappointed that Luigi didn't get an electric fireball custom? This game is why.
I've only played Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Superstar Saga myself - loved them all though. If I had to rank them it'd be in the reverse order, Superstar Saga was way too good and I enjoyed the partners and badges in Paper Mario.

PiT is probably the only other one I'll play in the M&L RPG series though; I haven't heard good things about DT, and I already hate it when games decide "hey let's have a segment where you explore the innards of something!" so there's no ****ing way I'm going to sit through an entire game about it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have two games to register for Mewtwo.
agghhh

I need to jack someone's Wii U copy

I also need to find a new potential Rosalina avatar since my two favorites are already in use

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Welcome! I can't play right now, but I'm sure a few people can help you out if you ask around the right hour. Be warned though.

I'm pretty sure 75% of us here actually don't play Zelda.

*looks at the 75% of people here*
I play Zelda QQ, how could you accuse me of such a thing.
why do you see ppl complaining about falcondorf
i mean clones
cause they could have been unique to their game and not just have koolaid graphics added on them
Don't get me wrong I don't mind the clones and some of it's is unavoidable, but I definitely think other character (ex: Samurai Goroh) would have done a heavy falcon better and not waste what would at least be a more unique kit for a character people think makes a large portion of the franchise
TLDR : the move set could have belonged to someone else who would fit it better in canon, rather then just shoehorn a character that people feel is important into the game
furret deal with it.png

agghhh

I also need to find a new potential Rosalina avatar since my two favorites are already in use
ew

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I've only played Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Superstar Saga myself - loved them all though. If I had to rank them it'd be in the reverse order, Superstar Saga was way too good and I enjoyed the partners and badges in Paper Mario.

PiT is probably the only other one I'll play in the M&L RPG series though; I haven't heard good things about DT, and I already hate it when games decide "hey let's have a segment where you explore the innards of something!" so there's no ****ing way I'm going to sit through an entire game about it.
Well you kinda explore a certain character's innards in SS but it's only for one battle. My understanding of BiS is that it's presented in a similar manner. And man, Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body was one of my favorite PC games, don't be hatin'.

I would highly, highly recommend the Thousand-Year Door. It is an absolutely fantastic game, IMO it improves on almost everything from the original Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario, while technically a platformer with RPG elements, still manages to capture the spirit of the first two games and it retains a lot of its charm.

agghhh

couldn't you just buy a copy of the game? You don't need a Wii U to enter the code. :p

Themeatgrinder

Smash Cadet
NNID
Badboi117
3DS FC
0130-2293-8436
Welcome! I can't play right now, but I'm sure a few people can help you out if you ask around the right hour. Be warned though.

I'm pretty sure 75% of us here actually don't play Zelda.

*looks at the 75% of people here*
She's one of my secondaries actually

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
So I saw this on the survey after registering my Wii U copy:

"MewTwo"

Apparently we're supposed to capitalize the "Two" part of his name. :drshrug:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Smash 4 is really neutral-heavy. There aren't that much universal techs to know about. It's basically all about spacing, making the right reads, and abusing safe moves (which is why Sheik and Diddy are too good for this game)

I mean, this isn't to say that you shouldn't practice for the game but the game is really accessible.
Real talk, if I aimed to time out everyone at my weekly I'd probably be a top player.

I need to find a way to combine my rushdown style with my time-out style.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Well you kinda explore a certain character's innards in SS but it's only for one battle.
There is a fire sea, storm clouds with lightning, and architecture involved in that. As far as I'm concerned, there's a wormhole or some **** in that character's throat.

And man, Magic School Bus Explores the Human Body was one of my favorite PC games, don't be hatin'.
Didn't realize they made a game just for that

I was not a fan of that episode, sorry.

I would highly, highly recommend the Thousand-Year Door. It is an absolutely fantastic game, IMO it improves on almost everything from the original Paper Mario. Super Paper Mario, while technically a platformer with RPG elements, still manages to capture the spirit of the first two games and it retains a lot of its charm.
Yeah, TTYD's in my (enormous) backlog. SPM I probably won't touch though, it didn't look appealing to me.

couldn't you just buy a copy of the game? You don't need a Wii U to enter the code. :p
I mean

I guess?

I thought it was mentioned that Mewtwo would be available as paid DLC outside of this promotion though.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Wait @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 is it possible for you to photoshop a certain face onto that drunk stumbling gif that bluecrow/furret posted
And by certain face I mean a certain slow and I mean veeeery slow "target" :^)
I'm gonna go to bed rn so I can't but maybe tomorrow that target will be made into a gif :^)

^ just to be sure you mean this one right?

Real talk, if I aimed to time out everyone at my weekly I'd probably be a top player.

I need to find a way to combine my rushdown style with my time-out style.
Real talk, if I dropped Shulk and mained Diddy or Sheik, I'd probably be a top player :troll:

NNNNgggh. All these Rosalina avatars. Makes me want to bandwagon quickly

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
>browsing a pixiv album with Rosalina pics
>random Hacker (7th Dragon 2020) pic in the middle of it

That feeling when an artist likes the same characters as you is like

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
There is a fire sea, storm clouds with lightning, and architecture involved in that. As far as I'm concerned, there's a wormhole or some **** in that character's throat.
This is probably true. There's a lot more going on with that character than most, that's for sure.

Didn't realize they made a game just for that

I was not a fan of that episode, sorry.
I was going to link a "at my old school" complaint but this is better
I just find anatomy fascinating, thus this game was fun.

Yeah, TTYD's in my (enormous) backlog. SPM I probably won't touch though, it didn't look appealing to me.
Fun fact: the only Paper Mario trophies in the Wii U version are from TTYD and SPM. I haven't played Sticker Star, I heard they screwed the battle system up in that it actually discourages battles.

I mean

I guess?

I thought it was mentioned that Mewtwo would be available as paid DLC outside of this promotion though.
Just buying DLC later makes more sense unless you plan to get a Wii U in the future, in which case you may as well save a very small amount of money.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The artists who drew Rosalina's boobs in both of your avatars have no idea how breasts work in the real world.

Tsk tsk tsk.

D

Deleted member

That moment where you're in the bathroom, on Instagram, find something hilarious, try not to burst out laughing but instead let a really awkward noise slip out :colorful:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd start linking Gainax gifs but I think that's going to cross the line rather quickly

here have these gems instead

@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans should appreciate these :smirk:

Last edited:
Lavani with the keyhole turtlenecks and Rosalinas, you know me too well :4dk:

As a side note those poorly drawn breasts are known as impossible clothes

Gonna have to break out my own Rosetta when I get home.

Last edited:
WEIRD. 3 months ago, I could manage to u-air juggle into Zamus' up B for an instant-death combo. Now, I can't do the same ****. I don't really like Zamus. She's way too dependent on her neutral B and n-air for her neutral :(

Mario is solid as always. Only thing keeping me away from using him is that everyone uses Mario

Shulk is Shulk. Gotta practice speed art more. My buster and jump usage are on point imo

@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans "Shooting slingshots" Why does that sound wrong? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Top Bottom