• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Move Qustions:
-So I shouldn't be using dsmash as SoRo? I thought that it'd be useful since it has pretty large hitboxes and hits on both sides of her.
-Since nair is pretty slow to hit in front of Rosalina, should I avoid using it? I think I use it a bit too much because I get punished for it sometimes. As SoRo, I could see nair not being a great option.

I usually am quite grab-heavy, so grabbing shouldn't be a problem for me. But holy ****, I had no idea that her throws did so much damage. It's too bad they nerfed bthrow as a kill move in 1.0.4, though.

Regarding fair:
-I'm a big fan of dthrow>fair, despite it not being guaranteed afaik
-I like to use it in edgeguarding occasionally, especially if they're close to the side blast zones.
-Fast falling it can be fun (as you said). FF fair>dsmash can be kinda useful.
-Dsmash is always good, with or without Luma. Admittedly I probably don't use it as much as I should, but I don't think you should use it any less when Luma's gone (maybe even more)
-I rarely ever use nair for Luma's version, so it makes no difference to me whether he's there or not. If you want to hit in front of you quickly use RAR nair, otherwise my main uses with it are for retreating hits against poor approaches, jumping projectiles (since she flips up, it's much easier to move over things), and airdodge traps with the lingering hitbox.

I almost never grabbed with her early on because I didn't realize how good her throws were either lol, it changed everything

dthrow>fair always gets airdodged for me, and fair is such a heavy commitment that it almost always means I'm getting punished. Probably cool for edgeguarding occasionally, but eh she has other options in those situations too. I mean, if it's working for you then cool, but it's easily the least-used move of mine in her moveset. If I get a grab I do uthrow>(uair/jab/usmash) at lower percents, and bthrow/fthrow after uthrow combos stop being a thing.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Can you counter jong cyclone last hit?
Yeah, you can.

Characters with invincibility frames during their counters might invuln the windboxes and have something weird happen though...

Mac's and Lucario's counters probably go flying off the sides lol

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Not a big loss imo about lucario and LM they can fly to hell idc

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
FW is a great move but it's shield-able and DI-able if the opponent knows what they're doing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
You know he was mocking don't you?
No, I am no longer familiar with human mannerisms because I have lived on Mars for the last ten years, surviving in an isolation dome by growing my own food and harnessing solar power during the calmer months, weather wise. I have long forgotten social innuendos and tones like sarcasm and irony. I have no idea what anyone really means.

Are you coming on to me?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
@SBphiloz4 I LOVE THAT PICTURE OMG. Thank you for making it gorl

@ Macchiato Macchiato I think Rosalina would be a good secondary but both her and Lucina struggle with rushdown characters. Though if you pick up Rosalina you might as well use her in every MU instead of Lucina lol

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Though if you pick up Rosalina you might as well use her in every MU instead of Lucina lol
rip :4greninja:

speaking of :4greninja::4lucario:, to hell with Greninja's fall speed. I've known for a long time that Greninja could wall cling+jump repeatedly, but there isn't any point in doing it for recovery because he'll lose a bit of height between each recling. Lucario's so floaty he actually gains height on reclings, and on walled stages he can recover from the bottom blast zone without his double jump or using upB

It's actually pretty amusing, but I'm really sad Greninja can't do it when other characters can.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
No, I am no longer familiar with human mannerisms because I have lived on Mars for the last ten years, surviving in an isolation dome by growing my own food and harnessing solar power during the calmer months, weather wise. I have long forgotten social innuendos and tones like sarcasm and irony. I have no idea what anyone really means.

Are you coming on to me?
How mars is? Heard there is nazis there. Or maybe it was the moon can't remember.
Anyway i have a little trouble understanding 3rd degrees of humour. Don't even know if i speak existent language right now i'm translating without verifying expressions.

Lavani wall are not a common thing outside of FG anyway

Soul.

Custom Moveset Project Thread: EVO Edition has been posted and I just noticed that.
time to make sets!!!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Welp. I'm addicted to Mario golf world tour. I mean wow this is such a technical game. So much strategy.

How did camelot go from too simple Mario tennis open to amazingly complex mario golf world tour?

I need to take up golf.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Huh, no Paralyzing Double Team sets for Lucario and pretty much all Paralyzing Counter sets for Ike.

Weird.

All the sets I use and care about are in though, which will totally be useful when I go to EVO.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
My biggest Smash struggle is whether or not I should use thinnest/shortest or thinnest/tallest Mii Brawler :(

@ Lavani Lavani helplsplspfl

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I beat a sheik and they said OMG, crescent slash is more OP than hoo hah... Ok
I ate a banana and thought it was more op than hoo ha, that count?
Welp. I'm addicted to Mario golf world tour. I mean wow this is such a technical game. So much strategy.

How did camelot go from too simple Mario tennis open to amazingly complex mario golf world tour?

I need to take up golf.
golf is a weird hobby

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I clicked the stream and the first thing I see in chat is a guy saying all of Mac's customs suck except for his actually-terrible upB 3

brb getting my popcorn

EDIT: Dang, the Nowi palette looks a ton better on Wii U

EDITEDIT: lol this mac player
nice jab lock gorl

EDITEDITEDIT: lol
not that you need advice when you're 3stocking this guy but you should be a bit more patient around his counters, he's throwing them out so much

4x EDIT COMBO: Squall vs Mac is hilarious

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I actually forgot how to use SlayUtena help pls

image.jpg

Edit: stream guy throwing out the word "professional" -_-

Edit2: Macchiato putting in work with that custom Mop :O

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I honestly always forget Greninja can wall cling and wall jump. It's not like he really needs it considering he already has S tier recovery.

Also I don't think MU threads should be taken too seriously when it comes to the ratios everybody decided on because most of the time there's only input from one side of the MU which can lead to a lot of wrong statements that won't get corrected due to nobody actually noticing it's wrong. It doesn't help that it's not very often that the MU thread will receive input from the other side even if you go ask for it in their boards so yeah.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
About MU even if someone is saying it's an impossible match up usually he will anounce a 6-4 or 7-3. I think we analysed ssb4 MU like brawl ones: we need to consider 9-1 as the worst MU of the game, and if it's not unwinnable for the 1 side then it's not a problem.
Then 8-2 is a strong advantage, 7-3 a straight advantage, 6-4 a slight advantage.
With this system you can know how a MU is compared to other MU while currently good luck to know if ROB has more trouble against Diddy than let's say Marth cuz they both listed as 6-4 MU (that's not a fact)

Other subject macchiato you're really strong you gave me wings lol

Last edited:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Well didn't make the top 8.

Went 4-2 (same as 11 others, one of which made the top 8) but the tie breaking system that ranked us by the sum of our opponents' scores screwed me. The bracket was not in my favor - got 16th place, when 8-17 all were 4-2.

Swiss style was fun, but I don't think I'll enter another one. I'd rather get ranked on how far I make it into the bracket (and tie with others who made it just as far) than get tie breakers based on the random chance of who my opponents were.

#slightlysalty

@ Macchiato Macchiato made the top 8 though - congrats sis :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom