• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Whenever Palutena gets a kill at 20% with Lightweight dthrow to nair to nair this song should play :')
I thought that combo would be much more stupid, but apparently you can DI the first nair towards her back so that you don't get carried away to the blastline.

That might not be possible with everyone, though :O

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I hope his Nair stays. I don't know if thats considered a bad move or not, but it was sooooo fun.
I don't even know what that nair was supposed to be but I loved it

felt like more of an electric type than the rats lol

I thought that combo would be much more stupid, but apparently you can DI the first nair towards her back so that you don't get carried away to the blastline.

That might not be possible with everyone, though :O
I'm not really sure if it entirely depends on DI so much as how Palutena moves, but yeah you can pop out either side of her nair. She needs to be ready for that if she goes for dthrow>nair>uair too, those combos aren't entirely free!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I don't even know what that nair was supposed to be but I loved it

felt like more of an electric type than the rats lol

I'm not really sure if it entirely depends on DI so much as how Palutena moves, but yeah you can pop out either side of her nair. She needs to be ready for that if she goes for dthrow>nair>uair too, those combos aren't entirely free!
Yeah I'd thought they'd be freer. Still, her dthrow>uair works at like 70% and that one IS pretty free. Her uair is so big your DI doesn't seem to matter much -_-

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah I'd thought they'd be freer. Still, her dthrow>uair works at like 70% and that one IS pretty free. Her uair is so big your DI doesn't seem to matter much -_-
Yeah that one's free with Lightweight lol. dthrow>uair is DIable without it though (unless that was only pre-1.0.4 with vectoring, I'm not entirely sure)

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah, if you know what you're doing, it's guaranteed. I dashed past you tho cuz I wasn't used to Lightweight and missed it lol, but did you notice how I always got it on you after that? It's definitely guaranteed and kills at like 80ish which is GROSS >_>
Yeah that one's free with Lightweight lol. dthrow>uair is DIable without it though (unless that was only pre-1.0.4 with vectoring, I'm not entirely sure)
Nah you can DI it and not get hit if Palutena doesn't have Lightweight active

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
Palutena is like, "We're going to make this kickass anime trailer and show off all of these awesome looking moves, then give her the worst not to mention least cohesive ones"

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah, if you know what you're doing, it's guaranteed. I dashed past you tho cuz I wasn't used to Lightweight and missed it lol, but did you notice how I always got it on you after that? It's definitely guaranteed and kills at like 80ish which is GROSS >_>

Nah you can DI it and not get hit if Palutena doesn't have Lightweight active
Yeah. f*ck the poledancing *****. I mean one thing is Zelda's elevator killing at 70 and being a super risky move and one thing is LOL 5 YARD GRAB U DED.

I'm glad that's not her standard moveset :p

Seki_

Smash Cadet
NNID
RCX420
I can't wait to see some crazy unknown Palutena player come to EVO and wreck house because noone knows how to fight her with customs

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Yeah. f*ck the poledancing *****. I mean one thing is Zelda's elevator killing at 70 and being a super risky move and one thing is LOL 5 YARD GRAB U DED.

I'm glad that's not her standard moveset :p
On the other hand she takes 20% more damage (and as a result knockback) during Lightweight, and has a cooldown period after where she's slow as hell.

Not that it's easy to dance around her during that due to what's basically monado jump+speed movement specs and she can bypass the cooldown with platforms, but eh.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Lightweight on platforms is another thing that's stupid. Can anyone even explain why that glitch happens? I mean I can understand why Glide Bouncing works, but why does falling through a platform and cancelling it with down b refresh Lightweight?

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
The best part about Miis for me is making ridiculous looking ones and loading them with OP equipment. I have a Gandhi mii (with min weight of course) that I stuck equipment to so he can do like 30%+ from one fsmash. Every now and then, I'll use it vs friends so I can see their reactions.

Soul.

Lightweight on platforms is another thing that's stupid. Can anyone even explain why that glitch happens? I mean I can understand why Glide Bouncing works, but why does falling through a platform and cancelling it with down b refresh Lightweight?
because the game thinks she's using lightweight on the ground

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Platforms are weird.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Can yew test passion? It's turning out to be pretty good.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
It basically is Rosa's Catch & Release or Ness' PSI Vacuum

except replacing a legitimately useful move, Rosas don't even use Catch & Release even in MUs without items/projectiles to GP

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
wut. Even if she was on the ground LW still would be in cooldown

PASSION? GOOD? Sis wtf did you find out about it that can make it good
Safe on Shield
Range is 2x bigger than Love
Can pull characters off stage or platform even in the middle of an attack or charging
Amazing at edgeguarding

When yew edgeguard if they get pulled by the windbox before they airdodge they could be pulled under the stage or just **** up their recovery... or they could get hit and die. They're choice

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Safe on Shield
Can pull characters off stage or platform even in the middle of an attack or charging
Amazing at edgeguarding

When yew edgeguard if they get pulled by the windbox before they airdodge they could be pulled under the stage or just **** up their recovery... or they could get hit and die. They're choice
Mmm alright, it sounds pretty good. But here's the actual question: is it worth giving up Love or Rejection for? Love is one of her best moves and Rejection is very good against non-rushdown characters, so I don't think it is.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
On the other hand she takes 20% more damage (and as a result knockback) during Lightweight, and has a cooldown period after where she's slow as hell.

Not that it's easy to dance around her during that due to what's basically monado jump+speed movement specs and she can bypass the cooldown with platforms, but eh.
Yeah I know, but depending on the character it's almost impossible to sort of wait her Lightweight out. I was able to do it with Brawler, but Zelda? LOL NOPE. Didn't try Villager but I don't think it's any better, although Counter Timber and Pushy Lloyd would def be useful against LW, not to mention that by using SS she gives up her ability to shut down camping.

Is this a thing? Why is this a thing? This shouldn't be a thing.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
How can an attack that pulls the opponent towards you be safe on shield?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Mmm alright, it sounds pretty good. But here's the actual question: is it worth giving up Love or Rejection for? Love is one of her best moves and Rejection is very good against non-rushdown characters, so I don't think it is.
I think it's good for some MUs like Little Mac and Marcina. There's a lot of more to be discovered too.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Yeah I know, but depending on the character it's almost impossible to sort of wait her Lightweight out. I was able to do it with Brawler, but Zelda? LOL NOPE. Didn't try Villager but I don't think it's any better, although Counter Timber and Pushy Lloyd would def be useful against LW, not to mention that by using SS she gives up her ability to shut down camping.

Is this a thing? Why is this a thing? This shouldn't be a thing.
Oh yeah, it's so great >_>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGvyPRiuKaY
^ The Superspeed thing in that video was pre 1.05 tho, so it still should work on the Wii U but not 3DS.

She can also do some stupid weird wavedash during Jump Glide!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yLtXGEc1M

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Safe on Shield
Amazing at edgeguarding

The actual explosion is DEFINITELY not 2x the size of NL. It actually has worse horizontal range than love to boot.

I also refuse to believe it's safe on shield when it has the same endlag as Love, which IS punishable on shield. (And NO, the slightly higher damage on a shield doesn't make enough of a difference.)

As for being amazing at edge guarding... Well, let's just say she has better options... Well, at least she has DAir, lol. *edit* ofc as mentioned by yew I'll give it that it can help against garbage recoveries.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
The actual explosion is DEFINITELY not 2x the size of NL. It actually has worse horizontal range than love to boot.

I also refuse to believe it's safe on shield when it has the same endlag as Love, which IS punishable on shield. (And NO, the slightly higher damage on a shield doesn't make enough of a difference.)

As for being amazing at edge guarding... Well, let's just say she has better options... Well, at least she has DAir, lol. *edit* ofc as mentioned by yew I'll give it that it can help against garbage recoveries.
The size is love is about 8, while Passions is 11-13. Also Nairo tried but he could punish it OOS but he couldnt

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
hitbox size comparison (Zelda pic probably not to scale), red is passion blues are love

Someone whiffing a punish online doesn't mean anything, stuff that'd normally be punishable offline like Shulk's nair becomes hard to punish with even a few frames of extra input lag. It'd be pretty easy to calculate if we knew the exact framecount for the endlag though.

EDIT: That last graphic was kinda wide, this is probably a bit more accurate (but still pretty bad).

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
My god WFT's hitboxes are depressing

Greninja can avoid completely her F-Smash, F-Tilt, Grab (sometimes? It works but sometimes she grabs me anyway) and uncharged Sun Salutations, plus make himself really hard to hit with all of her aerials except d-air just by crouching. Considering how good Greninja's d-tilt is as well for setting up combos, he might as well just stay crouched whenever he's on the ground.

This MU must be painful for WFT.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Someone whiffing a punish online doesn't mean anything, stuff that'd normally be punishable offline like Shulk's nair becomes hard to punish with even a few frames of extra input lag. It'd be pretty easy to calculate if we knew the exact framecount for the endlag though.
Thiiiisssss. I don't mean to sound preachy, but really, I'm getting more and more convinced that online doesn't have any meaning :'D. @ Macchiato Macchiato I'd love to back you up and say that online play is legit but it just isn't, no matter if it's super lagless, the input delay in comparison to an offline match makes an incredible difference.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
hitbox size comparison (Zelda pic probably not to scale), red is passion blues are love

EDIT: That last graphic was kinda wide, this is probably a bit more accurate (but still pretty bad).
What about the windbox

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Nayru's Passion is kind of like Angelic Missile in the sense that they're both good moves, but the fact that other customs for the same slot exist makes Passion and Missile completely irrelevant.

Oh off topic but I did the Palutena glitch where she grabs the ledge backwards and it looks freaky as hell :^)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Nayru's Passion is kind of like Angelic Missile in the sense that they're both good moves, but the fact that other customs for the same slot exist makes Passion and Missile completely irrelevant.

Oh off topic but I did the Palutena glitch where she grabs the ledge backwards and it looks freaky as hell :^)
Passion is lightweight. It's amazing in every single way.
Green for windbox:

OMG it's big af

Last edited:
Irony is that probably a dozen moderators frequent this social, but we are chill gorls and we can get away with it here. Heck, some mods themselves *AHEM @ Berserker. Berserker. COUGHCOUGH* double post sometimes--
:denzel:
Falco reminds me a lot of Luigi, but with a worse projectile (sure didn't think that was something I'd ever type before sm4sh) and less consistency in his ability to punish. And less ground speed. But they both hit disproportionately hard for their character type and frame data, even characters like Ganondorf don't want to trade with Falco or Luigi usually.

Falco uthrow combos are very real, I find it hilarious that fh dair>uthrow>uair>weak bair>strong bair is a true combo. Having a frame 4 kill move in bair can't be ignored either.

It's not the worst thing about the character, but it bugs me how easy it is to fall out of nair. I guess a frame 2 12% nair would be pretty ridiculous if it always hit fully, but still.
I got the same feeling too. I felt like Falco could end up like Luigi, to a lesser degree. Of course

Top Bottom