• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
If :mewtwomelee: is anything like he was in Melee, then I'll be playing him a ton. He has almost everything I look for in a character (namely being floaty, having a good recovery, and great aerials). I'm looking to continue playing him.

Also, I'm excited for all of his new palette swaps that he'll get.

Last edited:

Soul.

You tell us!

Substantial shield damage, pierces so the needles won't be walled by Gordos/Bonus Fruit/Luma etc., increased damage lets them actually deflect Gordos...I always felt like Penetrating Needles got a ton of gain for only dropping needle count from 6 to 3.

Re: :mewtwomelee:
I'll need to see what happens with him before I decide whether or not to pick him up, but he was one of my favorite Melee characters and I'm stoked for his inclusion.
I agree with this. Maybe Sheik's most common set will be 2211. idk maybe 1211 because normal needles are still good

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
1211 is what most sheiks like I think

2211 is what I've been running on her since I first tried customs

Are any of her downB customs worthwhile? I know Jellyfish and Pisces both have the pre-nerf kill power but they both seem really niche and much less versatile than Bouncing Fish.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So passion pulls your opponent of the stage and cancels they're smash if they charging it. This seems to be very useful against some characters like Little Mac, Rosalina, and Ike.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
If :mewtwomelee: is anything like he was in Melee, then I'll be playing him a ton. He has almost everything I look for in a character (namely being floaty, having a good recovery, and great aerials). I played him a ton in Melee and I'm looking to continue that.

Also, I'm excited for all of his new palette swaps that he'll get.
Except the fact he was pretty weak in melee. Even precious Zelda was more powerful.

Spirst

If Mewtwo has a splashscreen with anything other than, "MEWTWO STRIKES BACK" then I will be very disappointed.

I'm going to play him regardless though since he's one of my favorite Pokemon and I've waited for his re-inclusion for far too long. The three characters I plan to play extensively are :4greninja::4pacman::mewtwopm:though EVERYONE is going to be playing Mewtwo for a period after he's released. He's probably going to be 3DS Version Little Mac 2.0 because of how common he'll be initially.

That said, Mewtwo really needs some changes. Being a legendary Pokemon who is actually heavier than Charizard canon-wise be lighter than Peach in-game combined with a large hurtbox and weak attacks makes me wonder what the hell they were doing when balancing him.

Soul.

I'll "play" Mewtwo if I see that it's good for once and not the meh tier thing it was in Melee
also Sheik's down B customs aren't good imo

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm afraid for the people expecting Mewtwo to be amazing because of his uthrow, like it's guaranteed to make it over from Melee untouched.

Rosalina turned out great for a character with Mewtwo-ish specs so maybe they'll take a similar approach to Mewtwo this time.

Also all tails/wings/etc are disjointed in this game to my knowledge so it'll be nice to not have that making Mewtwo's hurtbox eighty times longer.

Speaking of customs

I would like to confirm that custom Palutena is literally stupid.
I don't entirely agree, if only because they don't fix her tilts or smashes, though they help the character substantially. It goes to show just how much mobility can help a character, but I think her base options are limited enough that Super Speed+Lightweight still aren't enough to make her pants-on-head ******** or anything.

Now, if Diddy had Lightweight...

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I agree with this. Maybe Sheik's most common set will be 2211. idk maybe 1211 because normal needles are still good
1211 is what most sheiks like I think

2211 is what I've been running on her since I first tried customs

Are any of her downB customs worthwhile? I know Jellyfish and Pisces both have the pre-nerf kill power but they both seem really niche and much less versatile than Bouncing Fish.
PISCES guys

Excellent kill power, less end lag if you just use it for the flip onstage, it's faster and it may go a bit farther (don't quote me on that last thing). You do miss the comboability out of F-throw and sending the opponent backwards instead of forwards can be a double-edged sword, but I think it's an overall beneficial change over Boucing Fish.

1213 and 2213 are the best sets imo, though of course Bouncing Fish is more than viable.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
My crappy day has turned into a crappy week :/
Hey zeldas
Idk who to main
Random
GORLS! Secret power get!

Phil

You can link users with other names by doing a bracketed "USER=(user#)"! Then you can type what you want there instead between that and a bracketed "/USER". The rules are similar to doing spoilers, but instead you just input the user's user number, which can be found in their profile page URL.

:secretkpop:

Edit: You can also do this with images, but it apparently doesn't work with :secretkpop:
yuuuus
Amazing, I've been searching for a way to do that
What have you done
image.jpg

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 I'll play you boybert, make a room.

I also cannot complain about Rinkario because the Rickster, Jaguar and Rizen do that to me all the time.

Not that I mind, mind you :p

Pocket confirmed OP.
My like spam is a side effect of the 70+ alert like attacks I used to get from another thread. :awesome:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
and sending the opponent backwards instead of forwards can be a double-edged sword
This ruins it for me, because Bouncing Fish is amazing at the ledge and running Pisces just ruins that. You can potentially turn a situation around if your opponent is sloppy with their edgeguarding while you use it to recover, but I don't like the idea of givingup something like Bouncing Fish for a move like that.

Also I'm sure you give up all the BF kill setups like Needles>fish, nair>fish, fair>fish, fthrow>fish, etc.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Except the fact he was pretty weak in melee. Even precious Zelda was more powerful.
I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I love bad characters.

I'm a fan of Jellyfish, despite it not being very good. It kills early, gives decent height in regards of recovery, and the initial hit combos into the second (which has all of the kill power). BF is always the superior option, though.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
@ Fernosaur Fernosaur Like I said, Palutena is stupid LOL. I'm sooo not used to Jump Glide. GG and thanks for playing tho, I gtg <3
I have no idea how Jump Glide and SS work but you gotta work on controlling that **** better XD. So many SDs.

Customtena is such a pain with Zelda.

But yeah GGs! That was actually fun :)

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Honestly, with the Smash 4 mechanics, Mewtwo doesn't need much changing from Melee to be good. Teleport recoveries are great in Smash 4 with the new ledge game, so Mewtwo benefits from that. He had two kill throws, which are all the rage in this game. D-tilt, U-tilt and U-air already give him a nice Smash 4 combo game and his edgeguarding would be good great given his air speed, b-air, d-air and Shadow Ball (for onstage edgeguarding). Plus, multi-hit moves are harder to fall out of in Smash 4 than in Melee overall, so that automatically buffs n-air and jab. (Yes, even Sm4sh Zelda's U-smash, F-smash and n-air link better than they do in Melee).

The only glaring flaws I see with Melee Mewtwo in Smash 4 are the tall frame + light weight (hasn't stopped Rosalina) and the lack of kill moves outside of his throws (he has f-air, d-smash, and fully Charged Shadow Ball for his most reliable ones assuming no buffs to his forward and up smashes).

It seems to me that Mewtwo doesn't need that many buffs to be viable in Smash 4 even if he were just a Melee port (which he likely won't be given how much time the dev team is spending on him).

I'm definitely going to at least submain Mewtwo because I play multiple characters like that. Speaking of multiple characters, I decided to pick up Little Mac, Ganondorf, Bowser and former Brawl main Lucario as submains for this game when I was playing with customs. At this rate, I'll probably actively play half the cast by the end of the year lol. I think I'm merging with @ Macchiato Macchiato .

I have main or submain these characters so far:
:4yoshi::4greninja::4zelda::4drmario:|:4pikachu::4sonic::4sheik::4charizard::4miibrawl::4bowser::4ganondorf::4wiremac::4lucario:

Seriously considering:
:4gaw::4myfriends::4ness::4palutena::4robinf::4metaknight::4miisword::4miigun::4dk::4mario::4luigi::4falcon: 32px-MewtwoHeadSSB4-3.png

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'll probably end up using Mewtwo to some extent since...well it's a Pokemon, lol. I've also never used him before since I haven't played Melee. I heard he's bad there, so I'm interested to see what the dev team will do to make him work.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I never put time into playing good characters before Smash 4 (besides Melee Sheik).

To be fair, I was going to play Rosalina no matter what she was like and I've been playing Sheik since Melee.

As for the rest, I didn't plan on playing any of them; they just kind of happened. I only play ZSS for fun because uair and boost kick are life. Peach is the essentially the only top tier contender that I enjoy playing and I have wanted to pick her up since Brawl. The Frog is just fun. I didn't like him at first and actively avoided him for a while, but I warmed up to him over time.

tl;dr the characters I play just happened to be good in smash 4. I was a solo Sheilda main before sm4sh. Sheik isn't as fun anymore, so I'm branching out and playing non-trash characters. However, my heart will always lie with the low tiers.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Somebody else wanna play? I have a lone room that's only partially covered in @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 's and my bodily fluids waiting for someone else :secretkpop:

Soul.

Honestly, with the Smash 4 mechanics, Mewtwo doesn't need much changing from Melee to be good. Teleport recoveries are great in Smash 4 with the new ledge game, so Mewtwo benefits from that. He had two kill throws, which are all the rage in this game. D-tilt, U-tilt and U-air already give him a nice Smash 4 combo game and his edgeguarding would be good great given his air speed, b-air, d-air and Shadow Ball (for onstage edgeguarding). Plus, multi-hit moves are harder to fall out of in Smash 4 than in Melee overall, so that automatically buffs n-air and jab. (Yes, even Sm4sh Zelda's U-smash, F-smash and n-air link better than they do in Melee).

The only glaring flaws I see with Melee Mewtwo in Smash 4 are the tall frame + light weight (hasn't stopped Rosalina) and the lack of kill moves outside of his throws (he has f-air, d-smash, and fully Charged Shadow Ball for his most reliable ones assuming no buffs to his forward and up smashes).

It seems to me that Mewtwo doesn't need that many buffs to be viable in Smash 4 even if he were just a Melee port (which he likely won't be given how much time the dev team is spending on him).

I'm definitely going to at least submain Mewtwo because I play multiple characters like that. Speaking of multiple characters, I decided to pick up Little Mac, Ganondorf, Bowser and former Brawl main Lucario as submains for this game when I was playing with customs. At this rate, I'll probably actively play half the cast by the end of the year lol. I think I'm merging with @ Macchiato Macchiato .

I have main or submain these characters so far:
:4yoshi::4greninja::4zelda::4drmario:|:4pikachu::4sonic::4sheik::4charizard::4miibrawl::4bowser::4ganondorf::4wiremac::4lucario:

Seriously considering:
:4gaw::4myfriends::4ness::4palutena::4robinf::4metaknight::4miisword::4miigun::4dk::4mario::4luigi::4falcon:View attachment 42489
Custom Ike is the truth brah

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Custom Ike is the truth brah
The fun part is that I haven't even experienced custom Ike for myself yet. I just unlocked Tempest late last night. I'm definitely going to play around with Tempest at least the next time I play since I've heard great things about it and I want to unlock his Side B and Up B customs as well. I'm not sure where Ike himself is in my priority list though. He'll get his chance another day oh wait wrong character

Soul.

The fun part is that I haven't even experienced custom Ike for myself yet. I just unlocked Tempest late last night. I'm definitely going to play around with Tempest at least the next time I play since I've heard great things about it and I want to unlock his Side B and Up B customs as well. I'm not sure where Ike himself is in my priority list though. He'll get his chance another day oh wait wrong character
2222 is Ike's best set and is like, the general consensus. Tempest is really good because -insert tldr-

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I like 2221 more tbh

Paralyzing Counter is potentially good but it's slower to start, slower to end, and has less counter frames than the default

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina turned out great for a character with Mewtwo-ish specs so maybe they'll take a similar approach to Mewtwo this time.
Well I mean. Rosalina has a little help.

Though, I think Mewtwo does have a chance to become a good character.

I hope his Nair stays. I don't know if thats considered a bad move or not, but it was sooooo fun.

Top Bottom