• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
OUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUT

Once I had to pay $65 USED for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which was released in 2007. Sure, it's somewhat of a rare game, but I was totally shocked when I saw the price.
My EB games or any store around me don't even carry older games like that.
Their inventory generally lasts maybe a year or two before its never seen again, unless its REALLY popular.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
OUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUTOUT

Once I had to pay $65 USED for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which was released in 2007. Sure, it's somewhat of a rare game, but I was totally shocked when I saw the price.
I wish my Gamestop didn't get rid of their gamecube section. They sold me Kirby's Air Ride for like $20.
Wasn't there a scandal with Gamestop about selling Xenoblade Chronicles for ridiculous amounts of money? I want to say it was like $80-90 but I can't remember.

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 I bought Lungs yesterday and omg it's fantastic. Bird Song and Girl with One Eye are some of my favorites so far.

UkeNicky

Smash Ace
NNID
UkeNicky
There's a male WFT? Dayum, and I thought there were only three clones in this game. *remembers Koopalings, male/female Robin, Alph, "Daisy", ninja Zelda, Toon Link, black Captain Falcon, Blood Falcon, green Mario, yellow, fat Mario, purple Mario, Mewtwo, and "Chrom"*

Never mind, this game has too many clones. :p

Why does everyone hate on Male WFT and Robin?
They scared of the D?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why does everyone hate on Male WFT and Robin?
They scared of the D?
I just like female WFT and Robin more. :)

Anyway, did the thread's title change back to an old one? 'Cause I'm getting a case of déjà vu.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Wasn't there a scandal with Gamestop about selling Xenoblade Chronicles for ridiculous amounts of money? I want to say it was like $80-90 but I can't remember.
Ooh, yeah. That was ugly.
Basically they were accused of getting reprints and opening the case so they could call it pre-owned and charge their own price of 90$ instead of the MSRP of like 50-60$
Greedy ********.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Good gurl! You're the real MVP for buying it too! :p
gorl, I always show good artists some love by buying their stuff. They deserve it after all of the work they put into their music.

Example: I have 55 Sia songs, 30 Lily Allen songs, and 27 Imogen Heap songs on my iPhone lol

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Also btw my SSB soundtrack arrived. It's pretty sweet, except for the fact that you basically have to snap the CD in two to get it out of the box

Also now I have 3 versions of Gaur Plains and 3 of You Will Know Our Names what is happening

And I have the monstrosity that is the Xenoblade Medley ;-;

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Ooh, yeah. That was ugly.
Basically they were accused of getting reprints and opening the case so they could call it pre-owned and charge their own price of 90$ instead of the MSRP of like 50-60$
Greedy *******s.
my question is how they always seem to have the nicest employees. Like they are backstabbing company (like EA) but the employees always seem nice and helpful. Not sure about your experience with the employees, but I've been to several gamestops and haven't really had a negative time from them

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
B A N N E D

YOU FILTHY GOLD DIGGER

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Why are you reading Youtube comments? Don't you know what kinds of people post those?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Or Dark Pit could have used the other weapons in Uprising that Pit doesn't use in SSB4. Speculation being speculation, people have started to think that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Wolf Flash, Falco's "new" Bair, PK Freeze, the issue with the Ice Climbers, and whatever else are evidence that the developers ran out of time. They could have delayed the game, but didn't and Wolf and Lucas were never finished, Mewtwo might have been considered, but never finished, and the two clones and semi-clone were added to pad the game out because without them, it'd be 49 characters if you count the Mii Fighters as one character.

So, the Ice Climbers might have cost them a lot of time because they were trying to figure out them. Chrom might have been considered, but something happened and he ended up as a Final Smash with a lot of bad, insulting jokes to him, and Lucina was considered for as an alt which is stupid to say the least. She doesn't have Marth's build, except in Awakening and even then, Marth was probably taller or because nobody's seen Marth in a millennium, they don't know what he looks like, so Luci could pass off as him. Dark Pit as an alt would have been fine, but Dark Pit as a unique character would have been awesome, but nope, and Dr. Mario as an alt is kind of iffy because well, Melee.

Then you have "sources" saying Namco loved Wolf as a character or that he was Sakurai's favorite character. In terms of bias and staying neutral, Sakurai didn't want to do that, so he doesn't say who's his favorite character or if he does, he doesn't let it influence whatever character is being picked. Still, if a company, and let's say, 20 to 30 dev team members liked Wolf as a character, then why wasn't he worked on or prioritized on? You'd think that many people could persuade Sakurai or Nintendo since they're developing the game.

Then there's "alienation". Really? I swear if Ganondorf ends up as a fast moving, swashbuckling, precise, but brutal magician and trickster in Zelda Wii U and that sticks as a characterization and SSB5 still has Ganondorf as a slow, powerful Captain Falcon semi-clone... Really? And Toon Link! Where's the other iconic and unique Zelda gear he could use? And let's not get on why Zelda's design is stupid - three sweet-spot aerials. Characters evolve and while they have traits associated with them, it's not that bad to switch up something like giving Toon Link the Fire Rod or giving Zelda a rapier which is as of now, her current associated physical weapon until say, Zelda for the next console, popularizes her with pair of short swords or a magical staff.

Then there's Melee with Ganondorf's victory poses and his challenger pose suggesting he was supposed to use a sword and Wolf's "cameo" which I think was confirmed later on as Wolf being replaced by Falco because he'd "look too similar to Fox". How a wolf with an eyepatch, who's probably larger than Fox, and probably would have worn a different coat would look similar is beyond me. This might explain why Falco's air speed is ****.

Should we delve in Brawl's data dump where stuff like Toon Zelda, Roy, and Mewtwo were found? Or how Wolf's idle animation was said to resemble Fox's in the first frames before he moves to his low, battle-ready stance? Or hell, look at Wolf run and it sort of looks like Fox's stance, but in motion rather than at idle.

Whatever, speculation and all. Oh, and one last thing: Luigi wall jumping.

I meant more in terms of money. So, let's say for whatever reason Diddy drops to 4 in 5 years, but in those 5 years, someone could place consistently and get a ton of cash and a ton of reputation as a 5 year veteran of SSB4.
There are so many things that don't make sense, I really hope DLC can fix some of these things. Though yeah I really don't get why Wolf would have looked to similar to Fox in Melee. That's why I'm not so big on Dark Pit, because he got into smash as a couple of extra palette swaps for Pit, heck one of his alts makes him look like Pit, which can be confusing for a bit in online matches. Though I think another reason Sakurai didn't add Wolf in Melee is because he felt he deserved better than to be a Fox clone.

D

Deleted member

Ew, Gamestop. One time, I went in to see if they had any Gamecube controllers, and the guy at the register said they had none. I checked online, and I see that they DID have them. The next day, I went back in and there was a new guy there (with the guy from the day before close by) and I asked for a GC controller again. This new guy actually gave me what I wanted. The best part was that the guy from the day before was looking at me the entire time, and on the inside, I was like "You lying little *****". I then looked over at him, smirked, and left the store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
my question is how they always seem to have the nicest employees. Like they are backstabbing company (like EA) but the employees always seem nice and helpful. Not sure about your experience with the employees, but I've been to several gamestops and haven't really had a negative time from them
The employees at mine are nice and I've gotten into some friendly discussion with them about games.
I know that they're a business but lying about the game being preowned to charge an extra $20 kind of leaves a bad impression.
The practice itself is kind of... unethical? I guess?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Gamestop is a rip off. I tried selling my UNOPENED full edition copy of Fall Out, and they only offered $1
When I sold them my GameCube, all the cables, GBA - GC adapter and a GC controller it paid for the tax on my 3DS

I was a strange moment when the bill came up as 30 cents under retail even though we'd literally just given them an entire bag of stuff

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
When I sold them my GameCube, all the cables, GBA - GC adapter and a GC controller it paid for the tax on my 3DS

I was a strange moment when the bill came up as 30 cents under retail even though we'd literally just given them an entire bag of stuff
Better off selling on Amazon. You'd get more out of a shipping fee than what Gamestop would give you.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
gorl, I always show good artists some love by buying their stuff. They deserve it after all of the work they put into their music.

Example: I have 55 Sia songs, 30 Lily Allen songs, and 27 Imogen Heap songs on my iPhone lol
I try to buy when I can but music is too dear to always buy (plus I tend to get vinyl because #mastervinylrace) :/

I think you might like Girls Aloud, check out their Greatest Hits compilation from about 2006/2007. And check out Nicola Robert's (one of the members of GA) solo stuff it's really quirky.

D

Deleted member

Oh how tempting it is to press... :')

Btw does anyone want to play a few matches? I need to practice my Robin against some more MU's
I'll play ya :p Which version?

EDIT: WAIT NEVERMIND. DUMB QUESTION. Wii U, right? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom