• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
As for MK, I fail to see how he's underrated when I typically see a number of people talking him up now that he's the flavor of the month.
It's only March 2nd though, how can he be the flavour of the whole month? :^)

Anywho, I'll clarify that I personally believe from the standpoint of passive "competitive" players (people that think they know what they are doing but lol nope) that they tend to overestimate characters like DH or Villager's abilities, while just assuming that MK and MM suck in this game, which is CLEARLY not the case.

You know how frustrating it is to argue with people who say that Zelda has good ways to alleviate aerial pressure and Diddy-like RELIABLE kill moves? Oh, and some guy told me Dsmash has a vacuum effect and I was like NOPE.

Diddy's back flip kick deals 17% damage sweetspotted wtf.

His powerful up B (the one that hits hard) blows. It isn't worth it. Giant peanut also sucks

The only customs that seem to be actually good are Back flip and Battering banana. The rest are meh. I still need to get neutral B 2

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Diddy's back flip kick deals 17% damage sweetspotted wtf.

His powerful up B (the one that hits hard) blows. It isn't worth it. Giant peanut also sucks

The only customs that seem to be actually good are Back flip and Battering banana. The rest are meh. I still need to get neutral B 2
I'm probably missing the point of neutral b 2 but it's Spinphony/Melee Charge Shot tier, or "did they actually think this was useful at all" tier. You know the popgun backfire from the normal move if you charge it for too long? That's all neutral 2 is. I think it gets to that point faster than the default but it has no range. It's a Falcon Punch commitment-type move IIRC. I was going through the customs on my 3DS to see which ones I liked and Diddy's were very underwhelming. I still need to finish that actually.

Soul.

Shocking Bananas could be decent. I dunno. Opponent is stuck into paralyzed animation > Diddy has time to KO with a smash attack > lol rekt
ofc shield before you get rekt

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So a Zelda question for all you gorls.

Is it strange to play her as a weird rush down type character? She has a hard time approaching, so once I get in on whoever I'm fighting, I try to stay on them and keep the pressure on, although I suck at doing it in lag. Is this a viable strategy?

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
So a Zelda question for all you gorls.

Is it strange to play her as a weird rush down type character? She has a hard time approaching, so once I get in on whoever I'm fighting, I try to stay on them and keep the pressure on, although I suck at doing it in lag. Is this a viable strategy?
I do that too sis.

I love Power Luma shot. It's great at stopping ledge rolls and ledge attacks due to the lingering hitbox.

Shocking Bananas could be decent. I dunno. Opponent is stuck into paralyzed animation > Diddy has time to KO with a smash attack > lol rekt
ofc shield before you get rekt
Need to get that custom also. Hehe

Anyway about Robin...

Robin is a hard one to coin but if you want me to sum Robin up, she's all about zoning, set ups, stage control, and micro management. Robin has great projectiles like thunder and arc fire for zoning and her levin normals have nice range, insane damage and insane knockback, plus they come out fairly fast. She wants to use arc fire and thunder to take control of the match while most of her damage will come from her levin sword. Robin can easily set up air dodge traps with arc thunder and arc fire. Robin's levin normals demand a LOT of respect. Most notably, her u-air which has insane coverage, insane knockback, and great juggling ability. Robin's jab is also great. Comes out at frame 4, decent range and great damage output. It can also KO if you use the fire finisher. One thing that most new Robin players (*cough* myself) tend to neglect are her tilts. Her tilts are actually fairly fast and their disjoint is decent. Utilizing her tilts more often and using them at the proper time will help in managing Robin's tome durability. I almost forgot to mention that Nosferatu is great if you know how to land it (OH and it's also unblockable since it's a command grab). Nosfeartu really helps in reducing the deficit in a match. This kinda sounded incoherent coming from me since I'm saying a lot of different things but that's basically because Robin's moveset is versatile. She's got an answer for every situation. Well, most situations

Robin has some serious flaws though. Her mobility is... REALLY... BAD. Like, oh my God. I think there's a reason why Robin's moveset had to be versatile. It's because her mobility is outright awful. We can go on about her grab range and her pummel being awful and all, but she has another big weakness which is pretty much caused from two things: lack of escape options and lack of mobility in general. If you guys do the math, Robin's incredibly efficient at mid-range (and at projectile-range) but.... once you get to Robin, it gets really really bad for Robin. I know Robin has tools to handle pressure, and by tools I meant, just jab (Comes out at frame 4) but she's really lacking in options against close-range pressure. The thing is when Robin is at a disadvantage, things can really go south fast for her because she really lacks options to escape being at a disadvantage. I won't forget to mention that she's easily juggled so being below her is advantageous for your opponent.

Playing as Robin is difficult. She requires a lot of precision, accuracy, and meticulousness. She always wants to stay at mid-range against her opponent. She definitely has ways on how to keep her opponents at bay but when the distance between Robin and her opponent are closed, oh boy. I make her sound low tier but honestly, she's mid-high tier purely because she has great representation (one of the more popular characters in SSB4) and her moveset is generally all-around and great

..... How did I end up talking about Robin? Ah **** it

Last edited:

Soul.

Need to get that custom also. Hehe

Anyway about Robin...

Robin is a hard one to coin but if you want me to sum Robin up, she's all about zoning, set ups, stage control, and micro management. Robin has great projectiles like thunder and arc fire for zoning and her levin normals have nice range, insane damage and insane knockback, plus they come out fairly fast. She wants to use arc fire and thunder to take control of the match while most of her damage will come from her levin sword. Robin can easily set up air dodge traps with arc thunder and arc fire. Robin's levin normals demand a LOT of respect. Most notably, her u-air which has insane coverage, insane knockback, and great juggling ability. Robin's jab is also great. Comes out at frame 4, decent range and great damage output. It can also KO if you use the fire finisher. One thing that most new Robin players (*cough* myself) tend to neglect are her tilts. Her tilts are actually fairly fast and their disjoint is decent. Utilizing her tilts more often and using them at the proper time will help in managing Robin's tome durability. I almost forgot to mention that Nosferatu is great if you know how to land it (OH and it's also unblockable since it's a command grab). Nosfeartu really helps in reducing the deficit in a match. This kinda sounded incoherent coming from me since I'm saying a lot of different things but that's basically because Robin's moveset is versatile. She's got an answer for every situation. Well, most situations

Robin has some serious flaws though. Her mobility is... REALLY... BAD. Like, oh my God. I think there's a reason why Robin's moveset had to be versatile. It's because her mobility is outright awful. We can go on about her grab range and her pummel being awful and all, but she has another big weakness which is pretty much caused from two things: lack of escape options and lack of mobility in general. If you guys do the math, Robin's incredibly efficient at mid-range (and at projectile-range) but.... once you get to Robin, it gets really really bad for Robin. I know Robin has tools to handle pressure, and by tools I meant, just jab (Comes out at frame 4) but she's really lacking in options against close-range pressure. The thing is when Robin is at a disadvantage, things can really go south fast for her because she really lacks options to escape being at a disadvantage. I won't forget to mention that she's easily juggled so being below her is advantageous for you.

Playing as Robin is difficult. She requires a lot of precision, accuracy, and meticulousness. She always wants to stay at mid-range against her opponent. She definitely has ways on how to keep her opponents at bay but when the distance between Robin and her opponent are closed, oh boy. I make her sound low tier but honestly, she's mid-high tier purely because she has great representation (one of the more popular characters in SSB4) and her moveset is generally all-around and great

..... How did I end up talking about Robin? Ah **** it
How many characters are you playing lol

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
(^: berserker confirmed second Macchiato in coming. :^)

Soul.

lol this Shiny Sylveon.
"From: Route 7"
"Where: a Day-Care Couple"

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Doesn't Macchiato have 2 definitive mains? I think it was Zelda and ZSS, but I rarely ever see ZSS mentioned.

Soul.

im sorry i had to do this
HE HAS
NO MAINS
HE HAS
NO DEFINITIVE MAIN
THIS GUY
HAS A FUNNY AVATAR

Not naming names but someone has this as his profile status
Choosing "top tiers" is child's play and noobish. If anyone wants to truly be a professional, they have to use all characters in moderation.
Seriously, these type of remarks need to stop. Like.... Really... WHY?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think it's good to learn many characters. When I did that in Brawl it helped my gameplay all around.
I don't have anything against people choosing top tiers if they don't look down on others for playing worse characters or think 'my character is better therefor I'm a better player than this low tier player'. That's how I define tier w****s.

Idk I've been using Rosalina lately
I talk about Dr. Mario = You main Dr. Mario at the same time
I talked about Shulk = You decide to use Shulk
I told you to go back to Zelda = You main Zelda again
I talk about Elsa/Rosalina = You main Rosalina
I talk about how bad WFT is = You main WFT

Duuuuuude. You're scaring me

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Macchiato's denying that Zelda is his true main because he wants the D(oc) smh gold digger. :^)

Soul.

When you say "use every character in moderation" that sounds pretty dumb.
Use the character you want to use. Tiers barely matter in Smash 4.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
He already has more relationship experience than me what is life. :^(

Top Bottom