• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Lol the Zelda characters all ended up next to each other.
HYRULE TIER CONFIRMED

Interested in your thoughts in placing Lucario, Toon Link, and DK.

I like how we all thought Ike was fine and viable but we still put him at the lower half of our lists (Most of us, not all of us)
I'd put him in B with customs

I think he lacks the flexibility to be higher than where I put him with customs off. He only barely missed the "middle of the cast" cutoff though!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Rosalina was obvious where she was going to be place in these list, Villager is nice to see mostly highly opinion on.

Sad you guys think Jigglypuff is meh. : (

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
HYRULE TIER CONFIRMED

Interested in your thoughts in placing Lucario, Toon Link, and DK.

I'd put him in B with customs

I think he lacks the flexibility to be higher than where I put him with customs off. He only barely missed the "middle of the cast" cutoff though!
Lucario was a weird one for me. I think he's really good because of the aura + rage mechanic. But then again, his frame data sucks. If I revised the list, I would probably put him in front of Falcon or just behind him.

Toon Link just seems like a faster, weaker Link to me. Normally I would think that this is good, but Link can actually kill pretty well this time, IMO. I think he maybe deserves to be either right behind Link or right in front of him, thinking back on it.

I don't see what DK really has going for him. He's pretty strong, and maybe a tiny faster than some of the other heavyweights. But he doesn't have any disjoint, he's combo food, and still on the slower side. I'll give him points for his bair, though. He doesn't have a great command grab like Bowser that can also kill, nor a projectile for stage coverage like DeDeDe (even if you can just knock them back). He just seems outclassed by other heavies.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
When you guys make all these tier lists, are you even considering that tier lists reflect a character's viability in tournaments in regards to how well they can fare in comparison to the most used characters? Cause Bowser's way too high up there in those lists when Sheik can basically 0-death him without much effort. It's like Brawl DK except Sheik is much more used in Sm4sh than DDD was in Brawl.

Also, if you take rage out of the game Zelda takes a dive towards the very bottom of the list.

*goes back to exile*

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Also, if you take rage out of the game Zelda takes a dive towards the very bottom of the list.

*goes back to exile*
if they took rage out they could give characters (across the whole cast) more KB growth to compensate. although yes the trade off of Zelda being worse would be sad

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
When you guys make all these tier lists, are you even considering that tier lists reflect a character's viability in tournaments in regards to how well they can fare in comparison to the most used characters? Cause Bowser's way too high up there in those lists when Sheik can basically 0-death him without much effort. It's like Brawl DK except Sheik is much more used in Sm4sh than DDD was in Brawl.

*goes back to exile*
I...actually didn't think much about that.

My list is more of a "who I think is good, decent, and bad disregarding tourney usage". :p

EDIT: Also, what's this I'm hearing about new avatar sizes?

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

*goes back to exile*
So wii fit beats rosa, and is even with sheik and diddy. So does that mean that she should rise up the list

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Sad you guys think Jigglypuff is meh. : (
+ Surprisingly high damage per hit, surprisingly good frame data on ground moves (utilt kills as well as usmash and has less end lag than certain jabs, notably), Rest, tied with Yoshi for best air speed, Pound legitimately threatens shields in this game
- Outranged by most characters, ridiculously light, new star KO mechanics mean Jiggs can be revenge killed after Rest if the opponent gets the normal death animation, most combos into Rest are finnicky and precise

I actually think she's good, I just don't think she matches up well against characters that matter. Outside of joking around I have a hard time saying any character in this game is legitimately bad, though Zelda/Dedede/Samus have some unfortunate design choices and Lucina is literally redundant and outclassed. I think out of those, Samus in particular has room to grow though.

I don't see what DK really has going for him. He's pretty strong, and maybe a tiny faster than some of the other heavyweights. But he doesn't have any disjoint, he's combo food, and still on the slower side. I'll give him points for his bair, though. He doesn't have a great command grab like Bowser that can also kill, nor a projectile for stage coverage like DeDeDe (even if you can just knock them back). He just seems outclassed by other heavies.
All of his tilts, usmash, dsmash, uair, and upB are massively disjointed actually. He may not have a command grab, but sideB nearly breaks healthy shields in one hit and downB breaks shields in...4, I believe, so he instills fear of shielding all the same.

That's funny, I was going to ask you this when I saw him as the last character to be ordered.
I fully blame Manzoku's Tink for all my thoughts on the character. Quick character with better frame data than Link compensating the worse range, still has a good projectile game, and his bthrow is one of the strongest kill throws in the game. Manzoku's been playing the character and getting results since 3DS days, at any rate.

Most recent vids of him I've watched:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVCet_YNE4 vs selcia :4sheik:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gImT8Vu2UMM vs ikep :rosalina:

EDIT: My rationale in the character's ranking is mostly that I think he's deserving of better than C tier, but with only one notable rep (to my knowledge) and my own lacking knowledge on the character I don't feel I can place him higher and defend his position well.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
All of his tilts, usmash, dsmash, uair, and upB are massively disjointed actually. He may not have a command grab, but sideB nearly breaks healthy shields in one hit and downB breaks shields in...4, I believe, so he instills fear of shielding all the same.
Wow, those are all disjointed? I didn't know that. I probably should've just put him in the "unknown" section.

Yeah, he can break shields easily, but I don't think that's a really good tactic to rely on, especially since the shield regen rate is pretty high this time around. Most chars can just run away and play defensive if their shield gets low. It's even worse for DK if they have a projectile.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@XDanDan612 sorry all these stupid phone calls make me want to shoot the phone. 2 were from a number I didn't know existed before tonight. I hate my phone.
I should get off anyway.

GGs! I need to stop trying to play Brawl and start playing SSB4 with increased hitstun and chains, lol. Good Peach/Jiggz. Thanks for helping me learn the MUs. A lot of what happened surprised me (Fsmash missed sing- no wha?! Link got sucked in to the other side?!) lol

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
In other news, I can't PP to the right... I wonder if using the gamepad has anything to do with that...
I can't either. I can get it maybe 50% of the time going left.

I was going to make a tier list but then I realized I'm a scrub

D

Deleted member

@XDanDan612 sorry all these stupid phone calls make me want to shoot the phone. 2 were from a number I didn't know existed before tonight. I hate my phone.
I should get off anyway.

GGs! I need to stop trying to play Brawl and start playing SSB4 with increased hitstun and chains, lol. Good Peach/Jiggz. Thanks for helping me learn the MUs. A lot of what happened surprised me (Fsmash missed sing- no wha?! Link got sucked in to the other side?!) lol
JIGGLYPUFF'S SINGING IS JUST TOO GREAT. Duuuuude I tried playing Brawl these past couple of days and man, everything is SO DIFFERENT. o-o Anyway, Awesome games, dude! I loved your Link! He's great :D

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
So wii fit beats rosa, and is even with sheik and diddy. So does that mean that she should rise up the list
If she can start showing concise results against all of them at some point, then yeah, why not.

Tier lists don't flat out tell you "this character is GOOD," they just number how viable each character is in tournaments for the most up-to-date meta, which is why people often mistake tier lists for being a numbered ladder of characters' strength. That's why Zelda was in the very bottom in Brawl. Disregarding that she had like 2 MUs in her advantage, she wasn't drop dead bad, but the existence of Metaknight, Olimar, Marth, Falco and the ICs made it basically useless to try and use her in any form of competitive environment because those matches were unwinnable.

In the current meta, Sm4sh is nowhere nearly as extreme in MUs disadvantages, and thanks to rage and 2-stock format Zelda can have at least a shot in her more terrible MUs (Sheik particularly).

Some characters in the bottom of lists also suffer from underusage, which is why Lucina and Mii SF will never rise from the bottom (Lucina being a pointless character except for taste and Mii SF being terrible and uninteresting)

Ok my files are finished saving so going back to exile for real now :p

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I don't know enough about Toon Link either other than the basic kill throws, bomb>aerial KO setup, projectile wall, and usmash/jump canceled usmash which slides him like an old DACUS. I just know that his sword is a dagger and he lost a lot of what made him good in Brawl.

And I know that zoning him out is a fun task for Mega Man.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Locke your avatar is dead cool. We should play sometime after I'm done with work.

OK GOING FOR REAL NOW.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Looking for internships is so nerve-wracking.

People tell you that if you've done one, the rest will follow easily.

Yeah right. Biggest bull**** career advice I've heard. I've done two in two past summers, and after two months of looking I'm still looking.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I don't know enough about Toon Link either other than the basic kill throws, bomb>aerial KO setup, projectile wall, and usmash/jump canceled usmash which slides him like an old DACUS. I just know that his sword is a dagger and he lost a lot of what made him good in Brawl.

And I know that zoning him out is a fun task for Mega Man.
Fortunately I remember nothing of Brawl so I have nothing to compare to :^)

Dagger sword is kind of unfortunate, but he still has more range than Meta Knight so eh.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Do any of you know how to make a table on here? I tried looking around but couldn't find any guide on how to.
Code:
[table=head]Column title 1 | Column title 2 | Column title n
thing | stuff | etc
thing | stuff | etc[/table]
Column title 1 | Column title 2 | Column title n
thing | stuff | etc
thing | stuff | etc

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Add meeee. (Anyone can, really).

But I'm gonna go play piano. So...

@ Lavani Lavani - I don't know much about Brawl/didn't follow or play it seriously, but according to my source*, his aerials combo'd into each other, better airspeed, a quick bow glitch, and item tossing shenanigans up the butt. All of which went poof.

*Spirst

D

Deleted member

I'm dying. I just versed someone named Nick on FG, our first match was with me being Zelda and him being Dr. Mario. I lost the match, then he changes his tag to "FUFU LAME" (cause my tag was "FUFU;P") and then I switched to "LMAO". I went Peach the second round and I wrecked him. I was about to switch my tag to "NICK LAME" but he left ._.

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Looking for internships is so nerve-wracking.

People tell you that if you've done one, the rest will follow easily.

Yeah right. Biggest bull**** career advice I've heard. I've done two in two past summers, and after two months of looking I'm still looking.
Honestly, the internship system is a scam for employers to get free (or near free) labor.

But because it's hard to get a job if you haven't done one, we're forced to play along. It is bull****

Top Bottom