• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

I play customs Palutena because she's fun to use even before it was discovered that super speed and light weight were godlike

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Zelda with customs yay. She gets a better phantom, slightly better dins, slight worst Nayru and a completely useless one, and she gets a great defensive recovery tool thing. I don't think she'll fall down the tier list with customs on tbh.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
What "defensive recovery tool" do you mean, because I can't see anyone giving up the Queen of Elevators.
I play customs Palutena because she's fun to use even before it was discovered that super speed and light weight were godlike
TOO LATE

I BRAND THEE FLAVOR "VANILLA (light)"

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I already gave up on Miss Elevator when Mouse Pokémon was confirmed good
If only Zelda was an Earthbender. She's already got fire and air, so now all she needs is to master earth and water and she'll be a fully realized Avatar. :p

Soul.

If only Zelda was an Earthbender. She's already got fire and air, so now all she needs is to master earth and water and she'll be a fully realized Avatar. :p
She just needs to watch Korra.
:troll:

Last edited:

Soul.

ok so I'm making an index thread fo the Pika boards. Can a mod be kind and sticky it once I make it?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
She just needs to watch Korra.
:troll:
Korra would body Zelda. Hell, Asami would body Zelda. :p

The sad part is Zelda is implied to have immense magical power, but in every game she appears in, none of her powers really do anything except help others: blessing the Master Sword, holding Ganon down for Link to land the final blow, giving Link the Light Bow, and reviving Midna. Her combat roles are little and 2 of them are non canon: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks?, SSB, and Hyrule Warriors. Meanwhile, Peach has Super Princess Peach, Super Mario Bros. 2, 3D World, SSB, Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and if you want, Mario Kart and Mario Strikers. I feel like I might be missing one. Did I mention how Peach was playable in all those games while Zelda was playable only in non canon games and technically in Spirit Tracks?

We get it, Peach and Zelda are the princesses that need to be saved, but could Nintendo make them less pathetic? Freaking Peach beats the **** out of people in SSB and Super Princess Peach, but in Mario's games, she's about as useful or as relevant as a sack of potatoes. Bowser didn't even go after her in 3D World. It'd be a good excuse to make Daisy or Rosalina playable from the start and have Peach unlockable. And then there's Zelda...

Last edited:

Soul.

The sad part is Zelda is implied to have immense magical power, but in every game she appears in, none of her powers really do anything except help others: blessing the Master Sword, holding Ganon down for Link to land the final blow, giving Link the Light Bow, and reviving Midna. Her combat roles are little and 2 of them are non canon: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks?, SSB, and Hyrule Warriors. Meanwhile, Peach has Super Princess Peach, Super Mario Bros. 2, 3D World, SSB, Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and if you want, Mario Kart and Mario Strikers. I feel like I might be missing one. Did I mention how Peach was playable in all those games while Zelda was playable only in non canon games and technically in Spirit Tracks?

We get it, Peach and Zelda are the princesses that need to be saved, but could Nintendo make them less pathetic? Freaking Peach beats the **** out of people in SSB and Super Princess Peach, but in Mario's games, she's about as useful or as relevant as a sack of potatoes. Bowser didn't even go after her in 3D World. It'd be a good excuse to make Daisy or Rosalina playable from the start and have Peach unlockable. And then there's Zelda...
Agree with all this.
inb4 but smash is non canon so of course Peach and Zelda can fight ! ! ! !

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
ok so I'm making an index thread fo the Pika boards. Can a mod be kind and sticky it once I make it?
Ask Pikabunz. Y'know, the mod for the Pikachu boards? People have been confusing me, Indigo Jeans, and a couple others for Competitive board mods when kyokoro_pamuyo and SamuraiPanda are.

Also, apparently the Pikachu boards have a Skype group.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

The sad part is Zelda is implied to have immense magical power, but in every game she appears in, none of her powers really do anything except help others: blessing the Master Sword, holding Ganon down for Link to land the final blow, giving Link the Light Bow, and reviving Midna. Her combat roles are little and 2 of them are non canon: Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks?, SSB, and Hyrule Warriors. Meanwhile Peach has Super Princess Peach, Super Mario Bros. 2, 3D World, SSB, Super Mario RPG, Super Paper Mario, and if you want, Mario Kart and Mario Strikers. I feel like I might be missing one. Did I mention how Peach was playable in all those games while Zelda was playable only in non canon games and technically in Spirit Tracks?

We get it, Peach and Zelda are the princesses that need to be saved, but could Nintendo make them less pathetic? Freaking Peach beats the **** out of people in SSB and Super Princess Peach, but in Mario's games, she's about as useful or as relevant as a sack of potatoes. Bowser didn't even go after her in 3D World. It'd be a good excuse to make Daisy or Rosalina playable from the start and have Peach unlockable. And the there's Zelda...
Agreed 100%. Btw, you can play as Peach in TTYD for a few segments but that's just a little side thing sooo I wouldn't really count it
I have no clue why Zelda is almost always portrayed as defenseless. Princess ≠ Defenseless. I feel like TP did the best job so far at portraying her as the strong, wise woman she's supposed to be. She's the ruler of a kingdom, she's never kidnapped, she has a sword to fight with, she helps fight the final boss, and she's courageous enough to
sacrifice her right to the throne for the sake of her people, and to sacrifice her physical form to revive Midna
In OOT she disguises herself as Sheik and hides for 7 years and she does it almost all by herself, with some help from Impa. Thanks to SS we know she's
a reincarnation of the goddess Hylia, so she must be powerful
We see her use very powerful magic in almost every game but somehow she keeps getting kidnapped and is "not strong"? We need a Zelda game where she's playable and/or is actually portrayed correctly.
tldr; Nintendo is dumb :')

Soul.

Ask Pikabunz. Y'know, the mod for the Pikachu boards? People have been confusing me, Indigo Jeans, and a couple others for Competitive board mods when kyokoro_pamuyo and SamuraiPanda are.

Also, apparently the Pikachu boards have a Skype group.
They have a Skype group but has like 75+ people in it and I'm not in the group. I don't feel like it.
I would tag based @ Spirst Spirst and do the job pls spirst pls

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They have a Skype group but has like 75+ people in it and I'm not in the group. I don't feel like it.
Pikabunz said most of the Pikachu board's activity is done through Skype and it's the same thing with Sheik and I believe ZSS's. The issue is that I don't know if anyone's sharing and archiving all discoveries from the Skype talks on the boards.

Soul.

Pikabunz said most of the Pikachu board's activity is done through Skype and it's the same thing with Sheik and I believe ZSS's. The issue is that I don't know if anyone's sharing and archiving all discoveries from the Skype talks on the boards.
When I was in that Skype group all they did was talk about tournaments and nothing else.
Skype group has 75+ people as I said before; it will lag so much. ._.

Spirst

If you make it and send me the URL, I'll do it.

Skype stuff is iffy. The issue with having most of the activity done on Skype is that there's no way to archive it like you would on a forum.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
When I was in that Skype group all they did was talk about tournaments and nothing else.
Skype group has 75+ people as I said before; it will lag so much. ._.
Really? Not even any Pokémon social stuff like what teams they were using or talking about Pikachu's techs, customs, or alt preferences?

Last edited:

Soul.

If you make it and send me the URL, I'll do it.

Skype stuff is iffy. The issue with having most of the activity done on Skype is that there's no way to archive it like you would on a forum.
Done.
http://smashboards.com/threads/pikachu-index-thread.392301/
Really? Not even any Pokémon social stuff like what teams they were using or talking about Pikachu's techs, customs, or alt preferences?
They did that too but eh. I don't remember now.

Soul.

And done. Edited the sticky order so it's #1. It'll always be at the top which makes sense considering it's an index.

Trust me though, people will still find a way to disregard it and make threads/posts about things already covered in the index.
Thanks lol. Yeah of course people will do that.
If I had powers I would lock unnecessary threads.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Good games @ Macchiato Macchiato but now I need to stop and get some things ready for college tomorrow.

That Farore SD was hilarious though. And god does Greninja mess with Kirby's recovery badly.

Nice finish on our last match as well, that was an amazing read.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Good games @ Macchiato Macchiato but now I need to stop and get some things ready for college tomorrow.

That Farore SD was hilarious though. And god does Greninja mess with Kirby's recovery badly.

Nice finish on our last match as well, that was an amazing read.
Thanks yew too GGs. Yew had great mix ups and stuff with shadow sneak. Same with your nair combos. Wow kirbys uptilt can combo greninja for days haha. GGs

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Farore's Wind is so scary when you're at a kill % at your last stock, but baiting them worked fairly well for the most part. I didn't know Nayru's Love was so good at getting the opponent away from Zelda too.

Do you mind if I record a couple of the matches and put them on youtube?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Farore's Wind is so scary when you're at a kill % at your last stock, but baiting them worked fairly well for the most part. I didn't know Nayru's Love was so good at getting the opponent away from Zelda too.

Nayru's Love is a wifi move. To normally deal with it, you need to get in the habit of holding your shield a little longer, then free punish cause of Zelda's lolcooldown

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

Sure definitely. Just not the ones where I was absolutely crushed vice versa

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'M SORRY @ Ffamran Ffamran I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A PHOBIA FOR FISH WHEN I POSTED THAT ORIGINAL PIC. ; w ;

AND INACTIVITY IN THE ZELDA BOARDS FOR 20 MINUTES IT'S THE END OF THE WOOOORRRLLLDDDD

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'M SORRY @ Ffamran Ffamran I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD A PHOBIA FOR FISH WHEN I POSTED THAT ORIGINAL PIC. ; w ;

AND INACTIVITY IN THE ZELDA BOARDS FOR 20 MINUTES IT'S THE END OF THE WOOOORRRLLLDDDD
I left for 24 hours, there are more pages new then what I am willing to read

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
College starts tomorrow, so I went out yesterday to buy a new notebook for it.

I think it's going to be a good way of showing how much of a geek I am right off the bat.
Good luck dude! Have fun :)
That really is a nice notebook :o

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Picked up Customs-tena btw. I still need to have maybe 2 weeks before being sold on having her as one of my mains. Having 3 mains covers up a lot of match ups so yeah, I'm pretty hyped

Shulk (Decisive arts, back slash charge, air slash, power vision)
Mario (Fast fire ball, shocking cape, super jump punch, scalding FLUDD)
Palutena (Exploding flame, super speed, warp, lightweight)

*Sell out skill has leveled up*
Just picking up everyone I was trying earlier, aren't you
Does that mean Lucario's next?

Also, Scalding FLUDD? How's that working out? I went straight to High Pressure and never tried it, I don't even know what's different beyond it doing damage.

Well, I just woke up so let's check out what has been going on in Smashboards and-

Well, I think this is the highest number of alerts I've had at once so far.
I woke up to 28 alerts and 2 conversations and was like "nope not reading all of this", then clicked the first one and saw you commenting on 7. Wanna trade? :substitute:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I'm at about 100/140 for the Wii U challenges. Most of them left will be challenging (20 Crazy Orders with Mario why) or time-consuming (beating stuff with all characters). I think I'm just under half of custom moves, too, although finishing up Classic and All-Star will help with that. I just hate how you can get duplicates and how I almost always get ROB customs since apparently Battlefield and Final Destination yield those for him.

EDIT wasn't Pikachu trash tier in Melee? I mean, so was my main but that's w/e.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'd argue Fox is below mid tier in Brawl but... that's fine. If we compare Smash characters to competitive Pokemon....

:4pikachu: = :094:
:4fox:= :065:
:4bowser:= :015:
:4metaknight:= :202:
:4zelda:=:083:

Top Bottom