• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Or you could take 20 seconds to learn the difference. Then you might know how to use them better than I would.
don't give me that sass. Languages do evolve, common place words and their tenses change all the time. I'm not really talking about anything crazy as much as your high school English teacher would like to make you believe otherwise.
I'm starting to think that Usmash isn't that bad. Maybe because we compare it to brawl Usmash too much. It's still better than diddys usmash
I haven't hit a grounded person once with it yet and out of the three times I have landed it, someone fell out of it one of those three times. You are better off just using Utilt it has a hit box.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
don't give me that sass. Languages do evolve, common place words and their tenses change all the time. I'm not really talking about anything crazy as much as your high school English teacher would like to make you believe otherwise.

I haven't hit a grounded person once with it yet and out of the three times I have landed it, someone fell out of it one of those three times. You are better off just using Utilt it has a hit box.
Really? Thats my 2nd most used killing move. It's not that bad imo

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend

Zelda's usmash is bad. :/

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Almost every single post I have made in smash boards has been for this thread. Farore help me. I initially came for the data. I stayed for the sass.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Page 500?

Edit: stupid mobile ruining my life

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 yew wanna play?
Still in bed lololol. I'm such a lazy f***. Hmm, maybe in about 3 hours or so?

Edit: Damn, it's 500 pages and I made such a lame post. :///////

BUT IT'S TIME TO RAID PARTEHHHH

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Ganondorf is here to celebrate this occasion.
My wish?
I hope we see Zelda Wii U leaked a little bit and/or Nintendo releases more information about the game. Furthermore, I wish that Zelda Wii U will be the best videogame I have ever played.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I know Rosalina has the star bit that's pretty much Falco's blaster but better, but is it that much of a game breaker for her?
She also gets Luma Warp which combos into any of Luma's moves, including smashes. It's also super quick and safe.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Ganondorf is here to celebrate this occasion.
My wish?
I hope we see Zelda Wii U leaked a little bit and/or Nintendo releases more information about the game. Furthermore, I wish that Zelda Wii U will be the best videogame I have ever played.
Well you set your hype bars high don't you?
It's 40 iirc
I wish I could make it 41 so you guys would look like idiots and I would have an evil little smug knowing fully what I have done.

My scene's also planning to legalize customs. My custom Shulk is ready to release the stupid jank. I'm just afraid of customs Rosalina >_____>

I might have to start going for the Mario grind again. I was really drained from too much classic mode runs

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'd rather not have customs personally. It complicates things. Which customs are banned, more set up time, all Wii Us must have them unlocked, 3x each move to memorize :psycho:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Imo the scariest characters with customs will be
Wii fit
Custom Wii Fit is awesome. Enriched SS lets you spam the huge sun and if you charge it, it does 20% lol. Also Jumbo Hoop = Brawl MK tornado and the Volatile Breathing is life and kills super early.

Custom Wii Fit is bæ.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Well you set your hype bars high don't you?

I wish I could make it 41 so you guys would look like idiots and I would have an evil little smug knowing fully what I have done.
First, I realize that you comment on every single post I make in this thread... Would you care to elaborate why? Does Ganondorf fascinate you that much?
Also, it is no bar nor is it expectation. It is a wish. When it comes to Zelda Wii U, I really like what I see, and I have no doubt that it will be good(every single Zelda game I see as at least good, except for Phantom Hourglass). I do have many worries about it however... There are a ton of things that Aonuma needs to get right, and I have worries about difficulty, dungeons, sword combat, story, items, and generic side quests. Like I said, Zelda Wii U is pretty much guaranteed to be good, but some detriments could limit it from being the greatest videogame ever. Zelda Wii U has a ton of potential, but I do not expect for it to be the best videogame I have ever played, I merely wish for it to be because it has that potential.

Memorizing customs isn't really a big deal when most of the customs of most characters are basically variations of the default special. The set up time "problem" for customs is over exaggerated

Although match ups will become a lot more "bearable", there's a chance that over the course of the customs meta, there will be stupid jank that will be discovered. This "jank" may have a counter strategy sooner or later but whatever. I'm still neutral on customs. I find them entertaining to watch and I find the craziness I discover to be hilarious but I have some doubts. It's nothing about logistics or memorization. Just worried but I'm interested and sort of excited because hyper smash :awesome:

Last edited:
It's only going to be terrible for those viewers that can't stand time outs. Timing out is a tactic and every player knows this. It's lame but it works. It's also going to be terrible for Dabuz's opponents but it's not like they're going to kill him for timing out

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Custom Wii Fit is awesome. Enriched SS lets you spam the huge sun and if you charge it, it does 20% lol. Also Jumbo Hoop = Brawl MK tornado and the Volatile Breathing is life and kills super early.

Custom Wii Fit is bæ.
I can't tell which header is better tbh. Weighted is great for stopping approuchs and edgeguarding while huge gives yew so much stage control with volatile breathing.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Was this finally confirmed to work on shield? I've been wondering about this since it was first brought up in the thread and to my knowledge it's still been "Izaw said it doesn't but nobody feels like confirming". Kind of pisses me off because I could have it confirmed/debunked in 5 minutes tops if I had a Wii U myself, getting the CPU to cooperate with shielding on 3DS is too unreliable though.
I think it was confirmed, but there was no evidence of it.

ZSS is honestly my least favorite character to fight on FG just because they're all so flowcharty. They always open with paralyzer, they always spam paralyzer at a distance, they dash grab if you shield or get hit by a paralyzer shot, and they all have a love affair with dash attack. Also downB the instant you might get hit always, no exceptions. Even if you've been getting punished for it all game, no exceptions.
This is funny because the only combo I know is D-throw to Uair. Everything else I do with her involves Ftilt and Dtilt to space, Utilt and Up Smash for anti airs, and Side Smash for punishes. I also play her slowly like she was Falco, Ganondorf, or Ike. My ZSS is probably exploitable if you know what you're doing.

There's also a fair chance there's just tier stigma against the character. Like I was saying awhile back, I never had people try to mirror match me with Dedede/Meta Knight and it only happened once or twice with Greninja, but it seems to happen once each FG session with Rosalina.
As of now, she, Fox, and Luigi are the only "high tiers" I play. I'm not sure about Greninja and Yoshi while Meta Knight and Peach are being slept on, but everyone else is around mid tier like Pit and Ike would be upper mid or something. Even then, ZZS isn't like Diddy who an eight year-old could figure out while Sheik needs more precision. As for Rosalina, I only know Ike does well while Falco and Ganondorf get shut down if the Rosalina knows what she's doing.

Mops do not make for adequate weapons.
Unless you're Jackie Chan who can use clogs, chairs, ladders, and crutches as weapons.

For future reference, you don't want to do that against Kirby either.
I think I remember a Kirby fishing for ledge kills with Stone and Final Cutter. Speaking if ledges, does Ganondorf's Dark Dive have a disjoint with his uppercut?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Agh, I knew I'd miss it if went to bed. Judging by its post time, I just would'a needed to get up earlier. :/

Anyways; 500 PAGES

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
WOO page 500!
So is the raid going to be tonight or tomorrow?

I'd love to see customs and I hope EVO will help it grow.
This is a pretty interesting (but never going to happen) way of setting up customizations.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
First, I realize that you comment on every single post I make in this thread... Would you care to elaborate why? Does Ganondorf fascinate you that much?
well two things
  1. the fact you equate yourself to ganondorf just makes it seem like you are easy to mess with :p
  2. I comment a lot on this thread
Also, it is no bar nor is it expectation. It is a wish. When it comes to Zelda Wii U, I really like what I see, and I have no doubt that it will be good(every single Zelda game I see as at least good, except for Phantom Hourglass). I do have many worries about it however... There are a ton of things that Aonuma needs to get right, and I have worries about difficulty, dungeons, sword combat, story, items, and generic side quests. Like I said, Zelda Wii U is pretty much guaranteed to be good, but some detriments could limit it from being the greatest videogame ever. Zelda Wii U has a ton of potential, but I do not expect for it to be the best videogame I have ever played, I merely wish for it to be because it has that potential.
I mean Aonuma might disappoint slightly. This is a personal opinion, but also a bit of Nintendo making sure to entertain the casual gamer while at the same time making sure to get into the hair of the actual gamer
Agh, I knew I'd miss it if went to bed. Judging by its post time, I just would'a needed to get up earlier. :/

Anyways; 500 PAGES
can't you just remove posts before page 500 and get this post to the top of the page.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can't tell which header is better tbh. Weighted is great for stopping approuchs and edgeguarding while huge gives yew so much stage control with volatile breathing.
I like to use the huge header because you can control where it goes better, so you can use it a lot more situations. I'm a big fan of shielding the header and using dtilt, ftilt, or dsmash on the ball.

Default header is probably the best header, though.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Raiding the Tuna boards tomorrow evening. Yes? Or HYESSS!?!?

I think we can afford to go more crazy this time because we have so much anti-Tuna ammo ready, and they aren't as dense as the Boozelina peeps. :^)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Tuna?

Did Bowser have a custom sideB klaw that was banned?
I'm fine with TOs having custom legal events but the main rules shouldn't allow them imo. Also setup time in Brawl took too long; custom setup adds a little to each match and it adds up.

Last edited:

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I wish for senpai would notice me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom