• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Will still be unleashing my anti-Tuna weaponry in this so-called "visit". :^)

Jimmies may be rustled. Or rustles will be jimmied. Either way. :^)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm having a look at those character endings in this game. I thought it was cute how Sakurai made a little story of a presumed love triangle between Peach, Link and Zelda.

Oh... I mean a love square.

PEACH W A T R U D O I N

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I'm having a look at those character endings in this game. I thought it was cute how Sakurai made a little story of a presumed love triangle between Peach, Link and Zelda.

Oh... I mean a love square.

PEACH W A T R U D O I N
Don't you see that Zelda is murdering Shulk with her dress knife.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Don't you see that Zelda is murdering Shulk with her dress knife.
OH MY

THAT'S PATRIOTISM RIGHT THERE. Imma post more just because. c:

FemRobin is always drunk.

I love this a bit too much.

That's cute, I suppose.

... Still no comment.

Based Sakurai and his ships. He loves to ship his Tuna waifu with lots of people. :^)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
we made it to 500 gorls
we did it

How do you check that?
Hover the cursor over your mini-avatar on the thread

I don't know if that sentence makes as much sense to you as it does to my half-asleep mind

Lozjam

Smash Champion
well two things
  1. the fact you equate yourself to ganondorf just makes it seem like you are easy to mess with :p
  2. I comment a lot on this thread

I mean Aonuma might disappoint slightly. This is a personal opinion, but also a bit of Nintendo making sure to entertain the casual gamer while at the same time making sure to get into the hair of the actual gamer

can't you just remove posts before page 500 and get this post to the top of the page.
Point taken.
Though I will add I am no equal to Ganondorf. Ganondorf lives inside of me, and lends me his power, yet I am not Ganondorf. Ganondorf can communicate with me, yes, and I express Ganondorfs will! I am merely a vessel for Ganondorf, yet it is the greatest job in the world! BAHAHAHAHA!
As for Zelda Wii U..... It's really a coin toss, we really need a proper trailer for it. Show off a dungeon or two, some of the story, what Zelda will look like, and more items. That again is why I wish for more information.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
we made it to 500 gorls
we did it

Hover the cursor over your mini-avatar on the thread

I don't know if that sentence makes as much sense to you as it does to my half-asleep mind
Number 20,000 impressive.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
OH MY

THAT'S PATRIOTISM RIGHT THERE. Imma post more just because. c:

I like this one, "prepare yourself {insert witty banter here}"
Point taken.
Though I will add I am no equal to Ganondorf. Ganondorf lives inside of me, and lends me his power, yet I am not Ganondorf. Ganondorf can communicate with me, yes, and I express Ganondorfs will! I am merely a vessel for Ganondorf, yet it is the greatest job in the world! BAHAHAHAHA!
Ganondorf says bring @ Furret Furret the least handsome and most smart *** man in the world some tacos
As for Zelda Wii U..... It's really a coin toss, we really need a proper trailer for it. Show off a dungeon or two, some of the story, what Zelda will look like, and more items. That again is why I wish for more information.
wanna bet for E3 direct or a Nintendo direct before E3? There's no way Nintendo is gonna hold of on information to one of its best selling franchises at E3 (with it coming out this year), so the only question is will it happen before.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I like this one, "prepare yourself {insert witty banter here}"

Ganondorf says bring @ Furret Furret the least handsome and most smart *** man in the world some tacos

wanna bet for E3 direct or a Nintendo direct before E3? There's no way Nintendo is gonna hold of on information to one of its best selling franchises at E3 (with it coming out this year), so the only question is will it happen before.
I don't doubt we will get a trailer at E3, yet.... I am really not sure whether we will get it before.... I know we will get a direct on either March or April. The question is if it will be a general direct, or a game specific one. I don't doubt we will get game specific directs for Splatoon and Xenoblade X, but I'm not sure whether we will get a general direct... Also, Aonuma has been refusing to talk about the game.... We haven't got any substantial news since December... So, the pessimist inside of me says we will see it at E3, the optimist in me says before..... Overall, I support the former more, but I would love to be wrong.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I don't doubt we will get a trailer at E3, yet.... I am really not sure whether we will get it before.... I know we will get a direct on either March or April. The question is if it will be a general direct, or a game specific one. I don't doubt we will get game specific directs for Splatoon and Xenoblade X, but I'm not sure whether we will get a general direct... Also, Aonuma has been refusing to talk about the game.... We haven't got any substantial news since December... So, the pessimist inside of me says we will see it at E3, the optimist in me says before..... Overall, I support the former more, but I would love to be wrong.
Personally, I only care about a release date ATM. It's usually the first thing I care about

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Personally, I only care about a release date ATM. It's usually the first thing I care about
Well, that's an extremely easy one. Zelda Wii U is going to release in the U.S.(as long as they aren't any unforeseen delays) between November 13th-November 27th. Most likely November 20th, Zelda Wii U has to release in the U.S. before Black Friday. Zelda games have also traditionally been released in November(in America).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
WFT definitely gets among the most benefit from customs. As well as being super hype. Volatile Breathing looks incredible on the WiiU.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Hahahaha I had never seen volatile breathing. That's the most stupid thing in the world hahaha. It's pretty cool, though, and it looks like it's strong as **** too.

I just wanna test Counter Timber :'D

Lozjam

Smash Champion
WFT definitely gets among the most benefit from customs. As well as being super hype. Volatile Breathing looks incredible on the WiiU.
Ganondorf as well! I love Ganondorfs customs.... They are so good.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I just noticed that the Luigi CPU tries to down taunt you on the ledge. That cheeky little monkey deserves to go die in a hole for god's sake man.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Jumbo Hoop is amazing like its Brawl Mach Tornado all over again. It does like 30%, break shields, edgeguards, and its a safe recovery. I just wish it had just a little more height.

Soul.

Jumbo Hoop is amazing like its Brawl Mach Tornado all over again. It does like 30%, break shields, edgeguards, and its a safe recovery. I just wish it had just a little more height.
so tell me did you drop Pikachu

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ike customs best customs

Real talk though, a lot of people underestimate what's being given up when they call certain customs ridiculous. Timber Counter may create what's basically an immobile banana, but Villager also loses her air usable, ~100% KOing, frame 6 axe for it; Kong Cyclone's super armor doesn't start until frame 20 and it has 30 frames in the middle with no hitbox, making it a worse grounded/OoS option than the default upB; Luma Warp allows for quick punishes and potential combos at a specific distance but no longer covers the in-between; Wizard Dropkick has a non-trivial damage drop and also strips Ganon's downB of its kill power.

Not saying that these aren't great customs or that they shouldn't be favored over the defaults, but it's extremely rare that even the good customs are straight upgrades.

meanwhile Pit gets...
what does Pit get?
Pit's at least got some decent sidegrades, no? The more aimable arrows and both orbitar customs seemed good to me. Nothing gamechanging, but nothing bad either.

Nothing like MK's shuttle loop that strips the first hit and slows the animation down so much that the second hit doesn't come out until frame 39...and without anything to compensate the fact that the attack does less damage and is that much slower now to boot.

Last edited:

Soul.

Pit's only "MK tier" custom is Guiding Bow.
Up B customs lose the distance.
Side B customs are garbage lol
Down B eh.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Pit:

Guiding arrows are the best, allows for more control over the arrow.
Breezy Flight could be used to gimp, similar to Farore's Squall.

I've never messed with Interception Arm, but it looks handy as a counter.

lolorbitars

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
There's a funny case to be made for Amplifying Orbitars considering they both boost the power of reflected projectiles, and their reduced health means they break sooner; the Orbitars breaking have less end lag than manually putting them away, so the downside frequently ends up being an upside lol

I'm not sure what you mean by saying Guiding Arrow is MK tier, considering all eight of MK's customs are straight downgrades outside of maybe niche uses for Dreadful Tornado (nearly half the damage/shield pressure of default and can't mash to prolong it, but kills around 140% and has high BKB for earlier rage kills) and High Speed Drill (can't aim and seems to do less damage, moves faster). Even then those give up too much for me to ever consider anything but 1111 for MK, maybe 1211 if HSD is going to help break through projectiles.

Also Breezy Flight has like 60f landing lag if not more so lol. I think the speed and windbox are interesting though.

Last edited:

Soul.

So what'd yew think about my pikachu
It's alright. You need to use QA more though. If only to avoid getting hit by lolturnips and approach. And get a free aerial thanks to the second hit.
Customs I dunno. Thunder Wave is as good as Paralyzer so of course you should use it more to get a free grab follow up (TWave → grab > dthrow → nair / uair). HSB is good after a jab lock but everyone knows that. QA customs are meh and Thunder customs are also meh.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@Nammy12 Can yew get a HD picture of Zelda in her blue dress doing her dins fire animation in a pretty background. Thanks Nammy. Don't include dins fire in the picture, just a close up of Zelda using it, like in BJ's profile pics.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
His customs are merely preference.
The arrows are preference
Same with the upperdash arm
Same with the flight
For the orbitars, 2&3 are better
flight 2 and 3 are both worse then standard (by generally making his recovery worse, when they are both supposed to aid it), upperdash loses it's niche uses with customs and gains smaller niche uses in my opinion
Pit:

Guiding arrows are the best, allows for more control over the arrow.
Breezy Flight could be used to gimp, similar to Farore's Squall.

I've never messed with Interception Arm, but it looks handy as a counter.

lolorbitars
orbitars or whatever are already a gimp tool and tend to be the best way to use orbitars, rather then just making Pit's recovery distance worse
There's a funny case to be made for Amplifying Orbitars considering they both boost the power of reflected projectiles, and their reduced health means they break sooner; the Orbitars breaking have less end lag than manually putting them away, so the downside frequently ends up being an upside lol

I'm not sure what you mean by saying Guiding Arrow is MK tier, considering all eight of MK's customs are straight downgrades outside of maybe niche uses for Dreadful Tornado (nearly half the damage/shield pressure of default and can't mash to prolong it, but kills around 140% and has high BKB for earlier rage kills) and High Speed Drill (can't aim and seems to do less damage, moves faster). Even then those give up too much for me to ever consider anything but 1111 for MK, maybe 1211 if HSD is going to help break through projectiles.

Also Breezy Flight has like 60f landing lag if not more so lol. I think the speed and windbox are interesting though.
IDK why people think guiding arrow is good, the arrow is slow as butt. Must be something I don't know about it

Top Bottom