• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gurl

You've been sleepin on Flo-sizzle all this time?

Smdh
Well, I listened to The Dog Days Are Over on repeat for like a month back in 2012, but I never looked into her other stuff.

She's legit flawless, though.

Omg her best song imo is dog days are over
That one's great. I'm liking Cosmic Love and Rabbit Heart a lot, too.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Well, I listened to The Dog Days Are Over on repeat for like a month back in 2012, but I never looked into her other stuff.

She's legit flawless, though.

That one's great. I'm liking Cosmic Love and Rabbit Heart a lot, too.
omg have you listened to Spectrum? It's so good

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Playing around with Zelda + Mega Man atm and I found something kinda cool. When Zelda uses her phantom Mega Man can shoot his sticky bomb and blow it up instantly on the phantom and refresh the move instantly. This damages anyone nearby and bypasses the waiting time the move normally has.

So for example, you can use the blind spot and shoot a fully charged phantom from behind Mega Man to both cover him and attack opponents then he can use it to blow up 3-4 sticky bombs very quickly.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
For the 8 KOs just get to the edge and keep back throwing them off the edge. They probably won't be able to return and you're invincible during the throw.
This would work if they only came at you one at a time. Plus Gunner FSmash :mad:

But it's a decent strategy in general. I'll try yours as well, @ Lavani Lavani , it sounds effective.

I'm just glad I got a few of the event match challenges out of the way.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
omg have you listened to Spectrum? It's so good
I just listened to all of the minute and a half long previews on Itunes of the songs on Ceremonials and I think my favorite one is What The Water Gave Me. I also like Heartlines, All This and Heaven Too, Never Let Me Go, and Breaking Down. Everything else seemed forgettable to me.

Lungs is a much better album, imo.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Ceremonials has a much more fuller/grandiose in sound & I dig that so it slightly edges over Lungs for me.

That new song she has 'What Kind Of Man' is a belter of a tune it must be said. Why does June have to be so far away? ;_;

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Oh yeah, this may be a pointless greeting, but a happy Chinese New Year to those individuals that have this day relevant. c:

Might post food here just bexause.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just wrote a big thing about why I like Lungs more and I accidentally erased it ;-;

In a nutshell, I had said that half of the songs on Ceremonials were forgettable. That's why Lungs is a better album. The fuller sound doesn't really make up for a lack of substance.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Hey @ Macchiato Macchiato I saw you were maining Pit and Pikachu this morning and now something looks a little off. Are you trying to cramp my style thinking you can main R.O.B. w/o me noticing? OH HELL NAW. Fight me irl if you think you can randomly steal my waifu away like dat. Ima hunt u down boy, so u best b on ur guard when I come 2 hand u ur *ss on a silver platter.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I just wrote a big thing about why I like Lungs more and I accidentally erased it ;-;

In a nutshell, I had said that half of the songs on Ceremonials were forgettable. That's why Lungs is a better album. The fuller sound doesn't really make up for a lack of substance.
Fair enough but I must disagree with the lack of substance. There is an awful lot of thought into each of the songs, even the lesser ones like "Heartlines" have some great ideas (the intro is love).

Though if you are basing the album from one iTunes preview listen you're not really doing the album justice. It's certainly a grower. If you have listened to the whole thing a few times & stand by your opinion then yeah fair enough

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Hey @ Macchiato Macchiato I saw you were maining Pit and Pikachu this morning and now something looks a little off.
Least you weren't me, adapters were available for pre order this morning and by the time I got on my computer they already closed preorders

Potpourri

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2921-9942-8562
When talking about BnBs for Zelda, why does everyone exclude her jab? Its great at low percentages for setting up a throw. At high percentages it's a great "Get outta my face" type of move.

Also, her dsmash is one of her best moves even with the nerf in KB and range.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Zelda's jab seems great tbh. Disjointed, no end lag, combos into dash attack

only problem is it's really slow to start (frame 11) but that's why it has the offset of no end lag. Just like :4metaknight: fsmash, which is also an amazing move.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
When talking about BnBs for Zelda, why does everyone exclude her jab? Its great at low percentages for setting up a throw. At high percentages it's a great "Get outta my face" type of move.

It's pretty good, but it is still a tad slow for a jab. That's why I didn't list it anyway. The reward on it is nice though with the throw/dash attack followup.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

Because other characters can get more off of a not 11 frame jab, Which requires less effort, pays off better, and fancy that low end lag. Like jab isn't bad, it's just not as fast as it should be

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Fair enough but I must disagree with the lack of substance. There is an awful lot of thought into each of the songs, even the lesser ones like "Heartlines" have some great ideas (the intro is love).

Though if you are basing the album from one iTunes preview listen you're not really doing the album justice. It's certainly a grower. If you have listened to the whole thing a few times & stand by your opinion then yeah fair enough
I don't really have the time to listen to the entire album multiple times right now, but I do understand what you mean. I've been basing my opinions off of first impressions and I know how flawed that is.

Before I stupidly erased my last post, I had a point about how Lungs is such a good album that her work will always be compared to it. It's not that Ceremonials is a bad album; it's that Lungs is so good, if you understand what I mean.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
When talking about BnBs for Zelda, why does everyone exclude her jab?

...her decently ranged, endlagless, possible extra followup Jab...
; w ;

But on a more serious note it's just about as useable as Dtilt. Better used against tall people or people who prefer want to approach from the air obvi. :4falco:

Follows up Dtilt well too, and can do so at a slightly longer range of percent than a second Dtilt.

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Before I stupidly erased my last post, I had a point about how Lungs is such a good album that her work will always be compared to it. It's not that Ceremonials is a bad album; it's that Lungs is so good, if you understand what I mean.
Funeral syndrome all over again :p Yeah I get ya & I know the feeling

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Funeral syndrome all over again :p Yeah I get ya & I know the feeling
It's the same way with La Roux. Her first album was absolutely fantastic, which led to her second record being instantly labelled as "not as good as her first." I guess it's hard out there for those artists with fantastic debut records.

I guess the above could kind of apply to Adele too, but not to the same degree. 21 was a pretty good record despite how strongly I prefer 19.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I think I just saw a CPU Robin discard two Levin Swords...but I don't have room to save the replay to doublecheck, so I don't want to go cry wolf to the Robin forums without evidence.

I was doing Palutena's jab>jab>grab. After the first jab Robin dropped the Levin Sword and I thought "Okay, sword's gone, cool." Then another sword dropped after the second jab and I was like "uhh...."

Guess I get to clear some replays and try to replicate this for a few hours. Guess I should also tag @ Raziek Raziek so he can wonder why he's being tagged in the Zelda boards in case this actually is a thing.

I haven't been able to 100% replicate it, but my best guess is that it happens when you get hit DURING the ejection animation.

If you can find a way to do it consistently, do let me know.

It's also worth noting that I haven't been able to do it with Tomes, only the Levin Sword.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Have you guys heard the Seven Lions remix? Pure love in the form of sound.
I'm not a dubstep fan at all (in fact, I kind of hate it) but that Cosmic Love remix is fantastic. By far, that's the best dubstep remix of any song I've ever heard.

Just a minor nitpick, but I don't like how the music is so loud that it drowns out the lyrics. Half of the time, it just sounded like gibberish.

_

So I was going through an old playlist and I found a gem I haven't listened to in a long time.
the shirelles are life
I'm so sad that I didn't listen to her music when she was still alive. She was so talented :/

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I'm not a dubstep fan at all (in fact, I kind of hate it) but that Cosmic Love remix is fantastic. By far, that's the best dubstep remix of any song I've ever heard.

Just a minor nitpick, but I don't like how the music is so loud that it drowns out the lyrics. Half of the time, it just sounded like gibberish.
I can definitely relate; most dubstep I hear is, imo, trash. It's not for me, but this remix was shown to me by a friend a few months ago, and I'll still listen to it on repeat for hours. I've heard very few dubstep remixes and originals that I like; one original I absolutely love being Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling. That woman has some serious talent.

Again, while I do love the song, I also agree. Especially in headphones, the music can be overwhelming and just, as you said, drowns out the lyrics. I wish I knew enough about audio editing to fix it like I fixed the abrupt ending I didn't favor.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
It's the same way with La Roux. Her first album was absolutely fantastic, which led to her second record being instantly labelled as "not as good as her first." I guess it's hard out there for those artists with fantastic debut records.

I guess the above could kind of apply to Adele too, but not to the same degree. 21 was a pretty good record despite how strongly I prefer 19.
Can't say much about La Roux since I've only heard the two (very good) singles that were everywhere from her debut :p

Adele on the other hand, I'm not a fan of her personally & I prefer 21 over 19 to an extent but 19 has its quirks

Have you guys heard the Seven Lions remix? Pure love in the form of sound.
Not yet, but I'll make an effort to listen to it when I get up tomorrow.

James Blake is your future bae (if you haven't heard him yet lol)

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I used to like Dog Days, but its the only Florence+machine song that plays at my job so now i despise it lol. but i still catch it and sing along anyhow simply because i like Florence+machine.

Personally i prefer Ceremonials over Lungs. it may be due to how i found Florence+machine at a low point in my last relationship and Ceremonials really spoke to me, it was everything i needed at the time.

Zelda jab has nice properties but its still an 11 frame move that stops comboing to throw after 60ish percent (except weegee), hard to aim unless its someone tall and reliably only does 2% damage on the regular. Like its good against herself but sketchy everywhere else outside of Dtilt>Jab lol. we all know Dtilt is Zelda's version of jab, its more reliable at hitting people in the air than jab ever will be.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I can definitely relate; most dubstep I hear is, imo, trash. It's not for me, but this remix was shown to me by a friend a few months ago, and I'll still listen to it on repeat for hours. I've heard very few dubstep remixes and originals that I like; one original I absolutely love being Crystallize by Lindsey Stirling. That woman has some serious talent.

Again, while I do love the song, I also agree. Especially in headphones, the music can be overwhelming and just, as you said, drowns out the lyrics. I wish I knew enough about audio editing to fix it like I fixed the abrupt ending I didn't favor.
I prefer my music to be softer and more sensitive, but I also can appreciate a good anthem. Good vocals are a huge part of music for me, so dubstep's distortion and vocal editing isn't something I can really enjoy listening to. Combined with immensely loud instruments that drown out the lyrics (which is another important part of music to me; i can't relate to songs that don't have meaning), dubstep isn't really for me and never will be. idk idk sorry for rambling kind of

I've heard a surprising amount of negative stuff about Lindsey Stirling. Stuff like her violin technique is very bad and she doesn't deserve her recognition. I've only heard her video game medleys so I can't really comment about her. She's pretty cool, though. I'll have to check that song out.

@ evmaxy54 evmaxy54 So I'm listening to a James Blake album and idk if I've even been more confused. Is this what it's like to be high?
He's not bad, but this genre is just weird af. Idk what's going on.
If it matters at all, I prefer female singers because I find higher notes to be more pleasing to the ear. Idk if I could even name 5 male singers that I genuinely like.

Oh, and about Adele, 19 is better written and every song on that album is fantastic. 21 does have high points, including my favorite Adele song (I Found A Boy) and Don't You Remember is amazing, too.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Zelda jab has nice properties but its still an 11 frame move that stops comboing to throw after 60ish percent (except weegee), hard to aim unless its someone tall and reliably only does 2% damage on the regular. Like its good against herself but sketchy everywhere else outside of Dtilt>Jab lol. we all know Dtilt is Zelda's version of jab, its more reliable at hitting people in the air than jab ever will be.
Totally agree. Dtilt needs to get some added sparkle effects and become her jab, or jab needs to be completely revamped or just replaced. It'd be cool if she got a new jab in the next Smash that used light arrows or her TP sword and functioned as a 3 hit / rapid jab damage racker. That'd help her a lot.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
To be fair, dtilt is basically another jab for a lot of characters. :4dedede:'s is his fastest move period, :4greninja: is almost as fast as his jab1 to start and end, :4robinf: might have even less end lag than jab1 while :4lucario: definitely does, and :4metaknight: both starts and ends his dtilt long before his jab. I could go through like half the cast, it's the quick poke move for a lot of characters; point being that Zelda's jab compared to dtilt isn't an unique case.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
@ Lorde Lorde Your music taste is really similar to my sister's. She's a big fan of Florence, Adele, La Roux, James Blake, etc.

I appreciate a lot of the above artists, but my musical tastes are more of alternative, rock and electronic music. My favorite artists/bands are Pendulum, Celldweller, Gorillaz, Julien-K, Bassnectar and Muse.

Not surprsingly, I listen to a fair amount of video game music, though mostly Sonic and Pokemon. I need to listen to more Zelda and Megaman music.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
To be fair, dtilt is basically another jab for a lot of characters. :4dedede:'s is his fastest move period, :4greninja: is almost as fast as his jab1 to start and end, :4robinf: might have even less end lag than jab1 while :4lucario: definitely does, and :4metaknight: both starts and ends his dtilt long before his jab. I could go through like half the cast, it's the quick poke move for a lot of characters; point being that Zelda's jab compared to dtilt isn't an unique case.
but do any of them have an 11f jab that does 2%?

technically Zelda might not be a unique case but all of those characters can jab if they wanted to and it not be quirky like Zelda's lol

i think i would like jab more if it reliably did 6% lol

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
:4metaknight: doesn't have a jab

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
but do any of them have an 11f jab that does 2%?

technically Zelda might not be a unique case but all of those characters can jab if they wanted to and it not be quirky like Zelda's lol

i think i would like jab more if it reliably did 6% lol
Startup no; damage for a singular jab, more or less for all but Dedede (and at 10f his is pretty close to Zelda's in startup)

None of those jabs have anything near 9f end lag though.

:4metaknight: doesn't have a jab
And if his neutralA reflected that ingame all the Meta Knight mains of the world would be happier for it.

Ftilt is his jab combo as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
At least Zelda doesn't have Robin's rapid jab. People get out of that even easier than fsmash/usmash, and it doesn't combo into or from anything besides jab1 & 2

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
And if his neutralA reflected that ingame all the Meta Knight mains of the world would be happier for it.

Ftilt is his jab combo as far as I'm concerned.
I mean really and I'm sure you looked at his file for jab1, jab 2 and jab 3
def game_50():
pass
def game_51():
pass
def game_52():
pass
awesome, frame data so good it does it's own work in data charts

Top Bottom