• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
meanwhile Dins Passion be like

so the slow lady fart (squall) is more important than me? i see how it is...
Yes but honestly, squall is amazing and rejection is good. Passion is bad. Rejection has uses enough to be a considerable custom. I haven't found any good uses for passion. Too much lag, no invincibility, doesn't kill early for a power based move.

Edit: @ S.F.L.R_9 S.F.L.R_9 nope

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
So Ike is a monster at Classic. And the "get 8 KOs in Cruel Smash with Lucina" is making me pull my hair out.
For the 8 KOs just get to the edge and keep back throwing them off the edge. They probably won't be able to return and you're invincible during the throw.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
And the "get 8 KOs in Cruel Smash with Lucina" is making me pull my hair out.
Wow is this actually a thing? 3DS challenges are lame.

Back in October I got 40something KOs with Dedede and I think my runner-up is like 12 with Rosalina...past that I don't think I have more than 4 KOs with anyone.

I guess Lucina has a fast counter at least, you could cheese it and just pause buffer until you see a smash attack to counter! :nifty:

Soul.

what are you talking about
Wii U's challenges are lame. Hard, difficult, force you to use a character to get nothing but lolequipment.
So does 3DS but not as much.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
3DS' challenges aren't challenging, they're just busywork.

Something like "Get 8 kills in Cruel Smash with Lucina" is at least challenging on some level. It lives up to the name.

also sugoi moonrunes souru-tan :secretkpop:

Soul.

nah wii u challenges aren't even challenging
doing a clan war on mario kart 8 is challenging.

gotta keep frontrunning!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
3DS' challenges aren't challenging, they're just busywork.

Something like "Get 8 kills in Cruel Smash with Lucina" is at least challenging on some level. It lives up to the name.

also sugoi moonrunes souru-tan :secretkpop:
idk telling someone to get 8 kills with a mop sounds like busywork to me

Soul.

Bruh you didn't know.
MKBoards is the Smashboards of Mario Kart. Except with 100% more anime icons.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Doing another tbh. Will answer tonight after my business valuation midterm. If you want one you know the drill.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Macchiato Macchiato , someone on the Eventhubs tier list cancelled all your votes and dropped her down like crazy! D:

Now she's closer to where she should be in the tier list

did you also notice that it's all the girls that lose their tier ranking

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Trying out smashboards in emerald. I'm undecided.

Time for every to lobby for their favorite color scheme.
Keep it pls
takin the elevator to the top floor of my heart

Toying around with both; while she is absolutely better with customs, I'm still really bad at properly utilizing Super Speed/Lightweight so it isn't really making a huge difference to me yet. I just love her aerials and throws and jab and dash attack. I cry whenever I accidentally input ftilt or dtilt though.

I never learned Mario uthrow combos, but if I'm not mistaken it's his low percent combo starter? I think uthrow>dair>fair is a thing at really low percents or something idk. But yeah, good uthrows are pretty rare...:4diddy::4falco::4greninja::4lucario::4mario::4metaknight::4pikachu::rosalina:? I guess :4palutena::4marth::4lucina: have it as a kill throw option too.
:4miisword: and :4sonic: also have good u-throws, but I can see why the former is easy to miss. :4rob:'s u-throw also kills very well.
Just a question but can you guys name 3 legit good moves that Zelda has? By good move, I mean like it's a BnB for Zelda

I'm asking because Swordfighter has at least 1 good move which is u-air
Farore's Wind, U-tilt, D-tilt
Swordfighter's d-air and u-throw are also great moves. He's honestly not that bad, though he is still a pretty good candidate for worst character.
@ Macchiato Macchiato It seems pit talk must have been inspiring <.<
also the only pokemon profile pic allowed should be furret
View attachment 39707
Good thing I changed my avatar to Yoshi in time lol
*Goes to look for a Furret and Greninja pic*

Soul.

@ Macchiato Macchiato , someone on the Eventhubs tier list cancelled all your votes and dropped her down like crazy! D:

Zero Suit is low tier.
News to me.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Falcon's mouth doesn't move when he does his down taunt?

I mean they were able to make the game 1080p and 60 fps but they couldn't even animate his mouth.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
nah

Mario Kart Wii is best MK
If you don't state the DS version as the best mario kart you are too slow.
nope
Good thing I changed my avatar to Yoshi in time lol
*Goes to look for a Furret and Greninja pic*
good luck with that
most Furret with other pokemon are not hard to find but there is no for sure way to find a Furret + something else...
and then there's this
tumblr_nbexjuESUn1qjccmlo2_500.jpg

still not the worst thing I have found

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
idk telling someone to get 8 kills with a mop sounds like busywork to me
sounds much less grindy than "clear <game mode> with the entire cast" and more challenging than "get x kills in cruel smash using whoever you want, so feel free to pick the character with the best tools for cheesing it"

at any rate I tried it on 3ds for giggles and got it after half an hour. @ Kofu Kofu I think the best strategy is to hang around near the ledge until they all cluster up, then roll from the ledge>fsmash them all off>gimp with fair as needed (Miis don't upB or grab the ledge, but they always footstool/walljump if able; something to keep in mind). @ Nammy12 Nammy12 's suggestion is great for singular Miis if they don't cooperate (throw invuln actually saved me for KO #7), but you can fsmash four off at once and it speeds things up quite a bit to kill them en masse.

Lucina's usmash under the side platforms works amusingly well for getting them herded at the start too, though I'm not sure if it really contributed anything overall.

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Falcon's mouth doesn't move when he does his down taunt?

I mean they were able to make the game 1080p and 60 fps but they couldn't even animate his mouth.
Wait, it's still like that on Wii U? I thought his mouth just wasn't moving on 3DS because of hardware limitations

wtf

If you don't state the DS version as the best mario kart you are too slow.
This is a true and factual statement.

Wow, :4olimar::4charizard::4myfriends: moving up? Are they actually learning?

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
good luck with that
most Furret with other pokemon are not hard to find but there is no for sure way to find a Furret + something else...
I decided to take charge and make one for myself with Furret, Greninja and Yoshi, but then I lost motivation. Welp.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
sounds much less grindy than "clear <game mode> with the entire cast" and more challenging than "get x kills in cruel smash using whoever you want, so feel free to pick the character with the best tools for cheesing it"

at any rate I tried it on 3ds for giggles and got it after half an hour. @ Kofu Kofu I think the best strategy is to hang around near the ledge until they all cluster up, then roll from the ledge>fsmash them all off>gimp with fair as needed (Miis don't upB or grab the ledge, but they always footstool/walljump if able; something to keep in mind). @ Nammy12 Nammy12 's suggestion is great for singular Miis if they don't cooperate (throw invuln actually saved me for KO #7), but you can fsmash four off at once and it speeds things up quite a bit to kill them en masse.

Lucina's usmash under the side platforms works amusingly well for getting them herded at the start too, though I'm not sure if it really contributed anything overall.

I decided to take charge and make one for myself with Furret, Greninja and Yoshi, but then I lost motivation. Welp.
and I enjoy ms paint mains, dang

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Prepare to be shocked. Swordfighter can actually do the hoo hah
Maybe I'm just bad at fingers but I couldn't get it to work after 60% :/

Also Swordfighter feels not that bad. Maybe as a secondary? That Reversal Slash -> Fsmash true combo is glorious

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Wait, it's still like that on Wii U? I thought his mouth just wasn't moving on 3DS because of hardware limitations

wtf

"COME AWN" doesn't have him move his mouth either.
I'm pretty sure Falcon is the only one that doesn't move his mouth during a taunt that speaks.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

"COME AWN" doesn't have him move his mouth either.
I'm pretty sure Falcon is the only one that doesn't move his mouth during a taunt that speaks.
Not to mention some other speaking taunts are just animated...wrong. I.e. Robin's "Time to tip the scales!" and "Prepare your self!" looks like she badly attempted lipsyncing. Though at this point I'm just nitpicking since you'll never really notice that during the match...Falcon's is kinda noticeable tho

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
It really annoys me that the Mario Kart villager is a different than smash villager. I wish they had just chose one for both games. The faces are different and the change in body type is dumb.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
WHY DIDN'T I DISCOVER FLORENCE + THE MACHINE EARLIER? THEY'RE SO GOOD OMW

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Not to mention some other speaking taunts are just animated...wrong. I.e. Robin's "Time to tip the scales!" and "Prepare your self!" looks like she badly attempted lipsyncing. Though at this point I'm just nitpicking since you'll never really notice that during the match...Falcon's is kinda noticeable tho
complaining about lip sync in a Japanese game is like complaining that a clock you bought in California doesn't have the right time for Maine

Top Bottom