• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I wish Kirby had his D-Tilt switched to the Kick Slide he has in his games. Why did Mega Man have to steal it?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Too bad there wasn't some kind of projectile Link could have thrown or explosive he could have pulled or air based attack or dodge to prevent that interception. :p
Air dodge would've been the right answer; Mac's neutralB has superarmor during both the charge and punch so it beats projectiles and attacks.

The AI used to upB earlier before 1.0.5, it makes the demonstration less amusing now. Not that I'd seriously recommend Macs jump offstage to edgeguard with neutralB anyway.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I still don't get why Samus can't crawl in her morph ball if you wanna play that game. I've practicing with her more recently and holy mackerel I've never noticed how good Dense Charge Shot is for setting up a checkmate on anyone hanging on the ledge. It appears your only option for not getting hit is by rolling, and then she can just throw or d-smash you into the blast for the kill. It KOs Mario at the ledge at 65%, and the superior homing on Relentless Missiles are great for forcing low recovery as well. I haven't been able to get much from shinespark or Slip Bomb, but the missiles and Charge Shot are definitely what any Samus should be running, IMO.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
I think the only reason LM got hit by that is the lack of belief that little mac was attacking off stage with a all or nothing attack. Kinda like last stock Farore's wind snipes off stage.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I still don't get why Samus can't crawl in her morph ball if you wanna play that game. I've practicing with her more recently and holy mackerel I've never noticed how good Dense Charge Shot is for setting up a checkmate on anyone hanging on the ledge. It appears your only option for not getting hit is by rolling, and then she can just throw or d-smash you into the blast for the kill. It KOs Mario at the ledge at 65%, and the superior homing on Relentless Missiles are great for forcing low recovery as well. I haven't been able to get much from shinespark or Slip Bomb, but the missiles and Charge Shot are definitely what any Samus should be running, IMO.
Spam Nayru's Love

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I learned yesterday that Slip Bombs spike airborne opponents, and pretty hard too (Palutena fails to recover at 49%). Pretty silly for a move that already had a trip mechanic onstage.

Relentless Missile/Shinespark/Slip Bomb are by far Samus' best three customs; I'm not sold on Dense Charge Shot yet, I can see the potential but I think the faster charge/projectile speed of the default giving it the function of a long range punish/kill move are rather valuable.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Air dodge would've been the right answer; Mac's neutralB has superarmor during both the charge and punch so it beats projectiles and attacks.
Boomerang could have been thrown to hit before Mac started, bomb would have exploded and gave Link a 2nd upB and Dair can potentially bounce attacks, although it was low for that. I'm just saying, sure Mac wins in the air when the opponent moves strait into easily avoidable attacks. It doesn't mean he wins in the air if the opponent does something.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Boomerang could have been thrown to hit before Mac started, bomb would have exploded and gave Link a 2nd upB and Dair can potentially bounce attacks, although it was low for that. I'm just saying, sure Mac wins in the air when the opponent moves strait into easily avoidable attacks. It doesn't mean he wins in the air if the opponent does something.
You're reading too far into a joke post, I'll leave it at that.

So I spent like an hour playing Crazy Orders in order to unlock more customs and I only got like 4. I hate this game.
60 hours of classic grinding and I'm still missing something like 20 customs on 3DS myself :drsad:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Lavani said:
60 hours of classic grinding and I'm still missing something like 20 customs on 3DS myself :drsad:
Once I reached a certain point on the 3DS, I just rounded off my Custom Moves by playing Smash Run with the characters I still needed customs for. It worked pretty well. But if you don't like Smash Run it might get tedious (I really enjoy it so IDK).

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Right that's why you responded with tips about Mac's super armor in a serious way.
If you ignore half the post, sure:

The AI used to upB earlier before 1.0.5, it makes the demonstration less amusing now. Not that I'd seriously recommend Macs jump offstage to edgeguard with neutralB anyway.
You didn't seem to be aware that Mac's neutralB had superarmor while charging that would beat attacks in the hypothetical situation, so I thought I would point that part out.

Once I reached a certain point on the 3DS, I just rounded off my Custom Moves by playing Smash Run with the characters I still needed customs for. It worked pretty well. But if you don't like Smash Run it might get tedious (I really enjoy it so IDK).
I might give that a shot. I didn't play Smash Run much, so it'd be something new at least.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
All right I spoiled the gif, I don't really much problem with flashing lights so I kinda forget that there are people who do =P

But hey giving people seizures is the best way of celebrating.

I hadn't heard of it, geez...

This reminds me that while I was sleeping today, there was some shooting right in front of my house. I heard the gunshots in the middle of the night and it gave me quite the scare. It took me a while to relax and go back to sleep.
Weird, there was a shooting near my area last night too. Apparently a news caster got shot. That's like the 3rd time ive heard someone around my area getting shot in the last 2 years. O_o

To be honest I'm quite excited for a customs meta because after playing with the default movesets for so long, playing with customs is almost like playing a different game altogether and it's going to make things a lot more diverse.

And with customs on, all hail Palutena and Ganondorf
Lol, don't forget Ike. Prepare yourself for a better Edge Guard and Recovery game. :4myfriends:

Okay, this is happening a lot now. I win against someone with Greninja, then suddenly they counterpick to Captain Falcon or Little Mac.
It might just be a coincidence. Alot of people think they're good against speedy characters in general because they are speedy. Not to mention they're pretty popular.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Imo all stars is a good method, on hard
I had no idea All-Stars gave customs :'D

I honestly don't even know the ways you can unlock customs because I've never been too interested in them. But I guess I should get around to do it if people wanna come and have fun or whatever.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I hear best way to farm customs with Wii U version is Crazy Orders. I go in with Custom stats/equipment and go to town with whatever character i wanna farm customs for. It works really well. As for 3DS version, Smash Run's the best choice.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I had no idea All-Stars gave customs :'D

I honestly don't even know the ways you can unlock customs because I've never been too interested in them. But I guess I should get around to do it if people wanna come and have fun or whatever.
Normal gives yew like 5 while hard gives yew 9 I think

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
PS, Kuro kun had said 3 months. (*edit* reiteration: at maximum.) :3 What you saw was probably his spam bot him just glancing in and deciding to cause a stirrup via hi.

Even HE can't resist looking in even though he's supposed to be on hiatus~

As for customs, I'll use then when I play Wii fit, ha customs are like...fun. I don't expect I'd start using any of Zelda's customs in their current design state.
Yeah but then I got recognised on gamefaqs

I can't seem to kill "Aerodrome" for longer than 10 mins without someone recognising it

Also i saw your post about your username and I want to say that when I recommended you I had a lot of trouble trying to remember your username lol

@Aleate your avatar is amazing

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Crazy Orders is supposedly the best for customs on Wii U, but I don't really know anything about Wii U.

Trophy Rush lets you use customs on Wii U so doing that with Palutena's Heavenly Light is probably productive.

Apparently you can semi-idle in Smash Tour and get customs without having to play, too.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Crazy Orders is supposedly the best for customs on Wii U, but I don't really know anything about Wii U.

Trophy Rush lets you use customs on Wii U so doing that with Palutena's Heavenly Light is probably productive.

Apparently you can semi-idle in Smash Tour and get customs without having to play, too.
Until homerun contest >.<

Rizen

Smash Legend
All star can be good for customs but the best way I've found to collect them is classic on a moderate dificulty. You can breeze through it and move to the fighters with red wrenches.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So, am I the only one who finds the vocal version of the Light Plane song from Pilotwings super catchy?

It gets very distracting when I'm playing on Omega Pilotwings on For Glory.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So, am I the only one who finds the vocal version of the Light Plane song from Pilotwings super catchy?

It gets very distracting when I'm playing on Omega Pilotwings on For Glory.
You're not alone there.
Tataladeeah!

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Yeah but then I got recognised on gamefaqs

I can't seem to kill "Aerodrome" for longer than 10 mins without someone recognising it

Also i saw your post about your username and I want to say that when I recommended you I had a lot of trouble trying to remember your username lol

@Aleate your avatar is amazing
So you're back then, bro?

I have to say I was a little concerned when you left. Hope things are fine!

(Btw turns out one of the colleges my bf is looking at for his master's is in Queensland!)

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ike is one of those characters I want to play cause I see everyone play him wrong, but he's also hard ><
Ike is one of those characters I want to play because he looks good/fun in this game, but I'm really bad at him.

I also hate his recovery without customs on, being able to go deep to edgeguard is one of my must-have qualities on a character. I should probably just accept that he's the sort of character I should just enjoy watching more than the type of character I should try to play myself.

His bair is the thing dreams are made of, though.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Remember that montage on Falco I posted? Someone mentioned about a sliding throw at 1:01 in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8POl1s-SCc#t=60.

Are sliding throws common? I know "sliding" grabs are commons with Captain Falcon's dash grab.
Little Mac KO Punch windbox.

Which makes me wonder what combos are possible utilizing that. It'd be cool if Greninja could do something like bthrow>usmash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom