• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
lost world is bad. play Colors.
In terms of Sonic platformers you can get on Wii U, I'd say Colors > Unleashed = Lost World > Secret Rings > > > Boom: RoL (never played Black Knight).
Lost World is not bad, Colors is great, Unleashed is pretty good, but the werehog levels can get tedious, Secret Rings has terrible controls and we don't talk about Boom.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Somebody boost up the saturation or something in my avatar to match Triple Deluxe renders plsplspls

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Okay, then. You should definitely get it.

Don't listen to IGN's review by the way. With a combination of the run button and the spin dash you can go pretty fast.
you do realize IGN is a joke right? like they hold no merit in their reviews cause they are so bad at them. With out even trying I bet I could find some sort of meme with review headline from IGN
aaaaand done
shaq kart.png

The speed is basically what you'd see for Sonic in the Adventure games or Heroes. You just have to be careful so that you don't run into enemies/spikes/pits etc.
I'm not a fan of sonic adventure (1 or 2) to be honest
also you mean I have to jump obstacles? in a platformer? outrageous
lost world is bad. play Colors.
already did

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Colors is the best Sonic game. I like it more than Generations just for how much variety the wisps bring to the gameplay. Also it's probably the only time ever my favorite stage was the water one. Though Starlight Carnival is such eye candy.

Also hi guys, I'm back from spending 70% of the afternoon in bed

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
you do realize IGN is a joke right? like they hold no merit in their reviews cause they are so bad at them. With out even trying I bet I could find some sort of meme with review headline from IGN
aaaaand done
View attachment 38362
I have to agree. Their reviews don't hold too much water for me (pun somewhat intended), especially lately. I did think that they were doing a decent job around 3-6 years ago, but they mostly suck with their reviews. I still prefer them over GameSpot or Gameinformer though, at least depending on the game.
I'm not a fan of sonic adventure (1 or 2) to be honest
also you mean I have to jump obstacles? in a platformer? outrageous
I don't like SA1 either, but I thought Sonic's levels were fun in both at least. Lost World doesn't exactly play like them, but that's around where the speed level is.

I only said the latter part because some people actually don't realize that and expect to waltz in at full speed without a cost. I spend too much time with the horrible Sonic fanbase. -_-

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I only said the latter part because some people actually don't realize that and expect to waltz in at full speed without a cost. I spend too much time with the horrible Sonic fanbase. -_-
Yeah you should ditch the Sonic fanbase & become a Leffen fangirl like me :3

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
I wish Zelda's custom side b,Din's Blaze had less end lag (if you don't know what's that is basically a more controllable din's fire but when you release the button it stays there for 2 seconds,then explodes)
Is still very fun to use tho xP

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I wish Zelda's custom side b,Din's Blaze had less end lag (if you don't know what's that is basically a more controllable din's fire but when you release the button it stays there for 2 seconds,then explodes)
Is still very fun to use tho xP
I was actually messing with that a bit the other day, and I agree. They just can't ever seem to get Din's Fire, or variations of it right lol.

I wish the Din's Flare(?) lasted a little longer so you can do a fun combo out of it, similarly to Project M

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I wish it was Explosive Flame/Super Speed/Warp/Lightweight

I can't understand the appeal to Autoreticle when Explosive Flame's last hit is unblockable. Pretty sure EF is more useful with B-reverses and wavebounces too, but admittedly I didn't mess with AR much on that front.

Not that I think EF completely outclasses AR (they're both decent, though none of her neutralBs are amazing) but eh

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I can't understand the appeal to Autoreticle when Explosive Flame's last hit is unblockable.
Whut? But THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! Apparently you can punch a deadly moving [din's] fireball, but you can't even block ha's? It would be like Zelda's din's sweet-spot killing 10-15% later, but being unblockable. Which actually sounds kinda cool.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Speaking of custom moves there is gonna be a custom move tournament in team sp00ky I think in three weeks I can't wait! Not expecting Zelda's tho lol.
There was also a custom move money match yesterday it was Wii Fit Trainer vs Captain Falcon, WFT won by 3-1 it was soo hype

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Team Sp00ky, VGBC, I think Clash Tournaments? and iirc one other stream were all announcing that they were going to give custom moves a shot.

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.

Whut? But THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE! Apparently you can punch a deadly moving [din's] fireball, but you can't even block ha's? It would be like Zelda's din's sweet-spot killing 10-15% later, but being unblockable. Which actually sounds kinda cool.
Palutena has a lot of interesting quirks, so I don't question it.

Like an invincible dash attack.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Speaking of custom moves there is gonna be a custom move tournament in team sp00ky I think in three weeks I can't wait! Not expecting Zelda's tho lol.
There was also a custom move money match yesterday it was Wii Fit Trainer vs Captain Falcon, WFT won by 3-1 it was soo hype
WFT becomes downright crazy with customs. She quite possibly gets among the most benefit of their presence. Mega hoops alone can change a MU.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Did some For Glory to train for my upcoming online tourney match tonight! Surprisingly fought some capable players for once. :3

Then I made a list.

Characters I have greater difficulty beating for whatever reason: :4jigglypuff::4kirby::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario2::4ness::4peach::4zss:
Characters I do better against than I expect: :4fox::4falcon::4greninja::4sheik:
Characters I underestimate too much: :4bowser::4charizard::4shulk::4ganondorf::4pit::4dedede:
Characters I can usually win against for whatever reason: :4rob::4samus::4villager:

I need to find more Samus players on For Glory and beat them. ccccc:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
WFT becomes downright crazy with customs. She quite possibly gets among the most benefit of their presence. Mega hoops alone can change a MU.
Yeah Is pretty crazy and awesome that customs moves can change how a character plays can't wait for the tournament.
Yeah mega hoops is crazy and awesome it can be used a edge guarding tool and it can prevent spikes on some occasions however is not a great recovery xP

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Jumbo Hoops is better than her default for recovery though. Its horizontal distance is absurd, and I don't recall the vertical being noticeably worse.

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Jumbo Hoops is better than her default for recovery though. Its horizontal distance is absurd, and I don't recall the vertical being noticeably worse.
Yup! Just don't get gimped!....which is impossible to be honest xD unless you use a projectile or something
Also that exploding deep breathing tho.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Testing on a custom stage with platforms stacked, mashing B with both the default and Jumbo Hoops only had a one-platform difference, the default being higher. Definitely worth the trade.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Did some For Glory to train for my upcoming online tourney match tonight! Surprisingly fought some capable players for once. :3

Then I made a list.

Characters I have greater difficulty beating for whatever reason: :4jigglypuff::4kirby::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario2::4ness::4peach::4zss:
:4jigglypuff: Don't get impatient, don't commit to risky moves or you're putting yourself at risk of being Rested. She hits hard, but her lacking range and speed give her issues on the approach and she generally wants you to leave yourself open.
:4kirby: idk
:rosalina: Like Jiggs, she wants you to do things she can punish. I don't have much real advice for the matchup aside from "If you're playing Zelda, you can punish sh nair with Farore's, and dash attack dispatches Luma easily"
:4yoshi: Shield. His grab is terrible, his throws are terrible, shield beats all his threatening options. Be wary of your shield health around dair and downB, but Yoshi generally struggles to do meaningful things against shields...and if he starts whiffing his terrible grab he's going to get punished hard.
:4wario: I don't even know, I haven't fought enough Warios to develop much in the way of thoughts on fighting him. Shield bike and OoS aerial punish, Chomp's grabbox is dumb, that's all I've got.
:4ness: Respect fair, shield PK Fire for a free approach. Don't really know what else to say to help with the MU, main points are just that he has issues approaching and his keepaway tools are laggy, just don't underestimate the range on fair and don't try to challenge it.
:4peach: idk
:4zss: The more you expect downB the easier your life will be

basic tips, probably not helpful but oh well I tried :drsad:

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
:4jigglypuff: Don't get impatient, don't commit to risky moves or you're putting yourself at risk of being Rested. She hits hard, but her lacking range and speed give her issues on the approach and she generally wants you to leave yourself open.
Too bad risky moves are the only thing Zelda has xD

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I wouldn't say WFT benefits the most from customs on. That prize definitely goes to Palutena. WFT certainly becomes a contender with them though.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If we're just strictly looking at what new tools characters get out of customs, I think Palutena, Samus, (Dr.) Mario, Bowser, Rosalina, Ganondorf, DK, Villager, and WFT benefit the most, in no particular order.

There is of course also the question of "what tools do other characters get that improve their matchup against my character?"

EDIT: AND IKE, HOW DID I FORGET CUSTOM IKE???

Ike has the best customs

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Why are all the advanced techniques for Shadow Sneak so hard to do? ._.

I swear I've been practicing for like the past 2 hours and I still can't consistently platform cancel shadow sneak (like 3/8 times I can), and shield tilt out of shield shadow sneak, and I can't even do the running shadow sneak at all.

Halp

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Mocha Mocha You can foxtrot into running shadow sneak, it makes the timing a lot easier (dash, skid, dash+sideB instead of having to nail a frame perfect sideB timing)

I haven't messed with platform cancel SS or SS while shielding yet.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
If we're just strictly looking at what new tools characters get out of customs, I think Palutena, Samus, (Dr.) Mario, Bowser, Rosalina, Ganondorf, DK, Villager, and WFT benefit the most, in no particular order.

There is of course also the question of "what tools do other characters get that improve their matchup against my character?"

EDIT: AND IKE, HOW DID I FORGET CUSTOM IKE???

Ike has the best customs
I haven't used Ike with Customs in forever. Could you enlighten me on what he has please? : 3

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Past first round in the 34 man online tourney. Lucky for me, it was a ROB.

And as I said earlier, I can beat him no problem, for some reason. c:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Well, the best custom moves and who benefits the most can very different things.

Who benefits the most from customs in terms of improvement relative to their position w/o customs::4palutena::4miibrawl::4wiifit::4myfriends::4villager::4samus::4dk:

Best custom moves:Super Speed, Exploding Balloon Trip, Timber Counter, Storm Punch, Jumbo Hoops, Lightweight, Snaring Aura Sphere, Dense Charge Shot, Enriched SunSal, Chain Judge, etc.

You get what I mean?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
@ Mocha Mocha You can foxtrot into running shadow sneak, it makes the timing a lot easier (dash, skid, dash+sideB instead of having to nail a frame perfect sideB timing)

I haven't messed with platform cancel SS or SS while shielding yet.
I'm trying that now. He still seems to hesitate right before doing the SS, and at times I'm not certain whether I did it successfully or not.

The Platform Cancel SS isn't tooo hard, but it takes some practice, and I still haven't gotten it down consistently yet.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I haven't used Ike with Customs in forever. Could you enlighten me on what he has please? : 3
I don't play Ike at all so I'm probably going to be off about some things/not know about some tech, but:

- Tempest (neutralB 2) gives Ike an absurdly potent windbox for gimping, and possibly other purposes. Also gives him a little upward boost used midair that seems to improve his vertical recovery or could maybe be used to delay his descent (maybe he can escape juggles with this?)
- Furious Eruption (neutralB 3) has less damage/kill power than the default Eruption, but the hitbox lingers for a disgusting amount of time (16 frames fully charged lol) which also makes it amazing for edgeguarding

- Close Combat (sideB 2) doesn't stop when hitting shields and clanks projectiles, so it's both safe and useful as an approach against projectile characters. Also good for anti-Luma.

- Aether Drive (upB 2) greatly improves his recovery by making his upB diagonal; this comes with the added benefit of letting him go deep to edgeguard, which helps the character a lot in itself.

- Paralyzing Counter (downB 2) apparently does things, idk. I don't really know what kinds of followups Ike gets off of this, but his default Counter is comparatively the worst of the cast so I guess it's an upgrade regardless?

Last edited:
Past first round in the 34 man online tourney. Lucky for me, it was a ROB.

And as I said earlier, I can beat him no problem, for some reason. c:
Remembur not to feel bad when u rage and switch to da DD kong c:

@ Lavani Lavani

Wtf you're missing Shulk. He becomes really amazing with customs but he's actually not that amazing with customs because he doesn't benefit much from his meh SIDE B AND UP B customs. HI

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Team Sp00ky, VGBC, I think Clash Tournaments? and iirc one other stream were all announcing that they were going to give custom moves a shot.

Gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.

Palutena has a lot of interesting quirks, so I don't question it.

Like an invincible dash attack.

Holy **** wut?
It looked like her hair just absorbed the Aura.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
I don't play Ike at all so I'm probably going to be off about some things/not know about some tech, but:

- Tempest (neutralB 2) gives Ike an absurdly potent windbox for gimping, and possibly other purposes. Also gives him a little upward boost used midair that seems to improve his vertical recovery or could maybe be used to delay his descent (maybe he can escape juggles with this?)
- Furious Eruption (neutralB 3) has less damage/kill power than the default Eruption, but the hitbox lingers for a disgusting amount of time (16 frames fully charged lol) which also makes it amazing for edgeguarding

- Close Combat (sideB 2) doesn't stop when hitting shields and clanks projectiles, so it's both safe and useful as an approach against projectile characters. Also good for anti-Luma.

- Aether Drive (upB 2) greatly improves his recovery by making his upB diagonal; this comes with the added benefit of letting him go deep to edgeguard, which helps the character a lot in itself.

- Paralyzing Counter (downB 2) apparently does things, idk. I don't really know what kinds of followups Ike gets off of this, but his default Counter is comparatively the worst of the cast so I guess it's an upgrade regardless?
I figured Palutena's was the worst. Sure it has that range, but it can't KO well at all, or do that much damage, so i find it kind of useless, lol.

Anyway, i'll keep those in mind, i didn't figure i could use them like that though, definitely interested. I'll keep it in mind when im fighting my friends online. : 3

Top Bottom