• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Man, why do default palettes get so much hate? :'(
Idk. I usually just use default for most characters unless there's a palette swap that I really like. Even then, I still use default a fair amount on those other characters.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Viable-Zelda Palette Swap Tier List:
SSS:
(this is the one that is barely different from default)

S:

A:

B:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Personally, I'd switch White with Snow, Lavender with Grape, and Shadow with Carbon. I'd also move Chalk down to A tier but that's a non-issue.
Very good tier list, though.
I already mentioned reasons that explain snow/carbon for me

Lavender just uses better shades of purple than Grape does imo

ty tho

gonna start using the spray paint names for everything now thanks
your life is about to change for the better

godspeed

Man, why do default palettes get so much hate? :'(
bc they're boring and gross

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
@ Lavani Lavani I just realized that you're making color tier lists based on 3DS

3DS Kirby (especially default) is the most ugly thing ever, looks worse than Brawl Kirby. The defaults on 3DS are so bad. Wii U Kirby is amazing, though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I will say though, no song has ever affected me as much as this one. It just hit way too close to home to me, especially when I started to go through a minor depression period.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani I just realized that you're making color tier lists based on 3DS

3DS Kirby (especially default) is the most ugly thing ever, looks worse than Brawl Kirby. The defaults on 3DS are so bad. Wii U Kirby is amazing, though.
yeah it's kind of sad how much palettes vary in quality between 3DS and Wii U

Rosalina's red palette is gorgeous on 3DS, but Wii U makes it pale and boring

Viable-Zelda Palette Swap Tier List:
SSS:
(this is the one that is barely different from default)

S:

A:

B:
r we doin this gorl

S:

A:

B:

C:

Overrated:

D(efault):

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"I didn't want to finish the match unless I got a flashy/cool last KO"

Friend let me live until 150%. He got KO'd by elevator hax at 60% as Falco.
.... Nothing... There is absolutely nothing Falco can do that's "flashy/cool" for his KO. EVERYTHING IS STRAIGHTFORWARD. You dunk with Dair, kick people to death with Up Smash, Down Smash, Uair, Ftilt, Dash Attack, and Bair, hammerfist someone with Side Smash, launch with Dtilt and Utilt, Drill Peck with Fair, throw and shoot with B-throw and U-throw, and Falco Phantasm meteor. Falco's style is like a regular basketball player, he ain't got jukes and **** like a streetball player... If he wanted to do something stylish, then he should have played Devil May Cry... Hell, play as Marth or something... Someone with grace or Mega Man and go 1987 OG on people...

Falco is the last person you want to style with... Same with Ike and Ganondorf. Trying to pull fancy **** with those brutes just means being clumsy and easy to kill. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Next time I see the name granny or Zelderly for Black Dress, some heads and gonna get bashed.
It's not our fault that Zelda ages like 63 years when using that palette.
Its only redeeming factors are the cool colors on her dress flag and the purple gems. Other than that, it's trash. Sorry sis :4dedede:

S:

A:

B:

C:

Overrated:

D(efault):
>putting white sheik that low
>making me meme arrow
Do you hate America????

While it may be overrated, it does look good. I still haven't used it since release day, though.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I will say though, no song has ever affected me as much as this one. It just hit way too close to home to me, especially when I started to go through a minor depression period.
Sorry to hear that. Meh, me being a girl... and well, what the stereotype of what we are, I go through these phases as well, and it can be very annoying at times. Music tends to be a double-edged sword for me when I'm feeling down; it can either make me feel better, or it can enhance my depression and make me even more sad and thoughtful due to the lyrics or tunes.

Soul.

People criticize the way the 3DS characters look but they don't know the game pushed the system to its limits :(

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I don't really have a problem with the 3DS palettes myself, but then again I haven't played the 3DS version much since I got the Wii U version.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People criticize the way the 3DS characters look but they don't know the game pushed the system to its limits :(
I hate Link's look on the Wii U. His face looks so damn derpy while on the 3DS he looks all right and closer to his artwork. As for Ganondorf, I don't really care since he's hilarious to me whether or not he looks it. I mean, listen to his boss battle music for Beast Ganon in Twilight Princess! It's supposed to be all epic, adrenaline-pumping, and tribal, but the chants just sound so wacky to me.

Or they do know but criticize it anyway.
"MOTHEREFFING FINAL FANTASY X LOOKS **** ON THE PS3! STUPID MARIO GAME ON THE 3DS CAN'T RUN AT 120FPS WITH 3D AND LUIGI AIN'T GOT JEANS TEXTURES! WHY DOES THE FIRE LOOK **** ON DEMON'S SOULS?! AND XBOX ONE RUNS ON 900P, BUT I GOT A 480i CRT!" Gee, I wonder why, *******.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Though now I'm reminded that I have a friend who doesn't like the green palette for Greninja much because he thinks it makes Greninja look like he's sick.

Soul.

I hate Link's look on the Wii U. His face looks so damn derpy while on the 3DS he looks all right and closer to his artwork. As for Ganondorf, I don't really care since he's hilarious to me whether or not he looks it. I mean, listen to his boss battle music for Beast Ganon in Twilight Princess! It's supposed to be all epic, adrenaline-pumping, and tribal, but the chants just sound so wacky to me.
You're not alone honestly. I don't like Wii U Link's model too. It's like he's in the uncanny valley.
3DS Link is fine though. Looks closer to his artwork like you said.
Ganon is hilarious. Don't know what to think about the Pikmin.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The worst palette of all is Rosalina's purple. It looks like she spilled grape cold medicine all over her K-mart nightgown dress. She would've looked soooooo good if they just went for a darker cosmic-like purple

On a related note I've literally never seen anyone use her pink. At least that's actually usABLE /paletterageintensifies

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I like Kirby's MK palette but it's not really even MK cuz unmasked MK is blue w/ fuchsia feet and blush, but idk what to call that skin.

Here's a pic:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I agree a different shade of purple would've been better for Rosalina, but it's still probably my most used palette.

Gold, red, and black are great too though.

Gold is the best because it lets me channel the power of Banana Shiki

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I want to like Rosalina's white and red palettes but then I see that the little inlay thing at the front of her dress is a really weird bright red, so I just avoid using those two.

Green and Purple are her best alts imo, followed by gold and pink.

I just want a white dress red-haired Rosalina so she can look like she did in her story book ;-;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even though I don't use Rosalina, I think her best palette is the yellow/gold one cx.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
White is my favorite palette on Rosalina :(
I'll also use black, default, green, and pink, in order of frequency.

Top Bottom