• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I'm unable to ever use any color other than default and rarely shiny because I'm just too used to Greninja's default appearance for anything else to look right.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The magic of creation, sisters. This should go on our Sistine chapel.

Geddit doe, the SIStine chapel.

Amirite

Rite?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
you're good with other character colors but not Kirby

like wow CHALK? CHALK KIRBY?

and MK is just...
how can you not love chalk

if you didn't use chalk in amazing mirror/squeak squad you were playing the game wrong (unless you used sapphire)

it even doubles as a retro throwback palette because it's just that good. I bet kids these days don't even know oldschool Kirby didn't have copy abilities because they're ****ing casuals

MK palette is great, who cares if it's a scrub magnet. If you let scrubs make your decisions for you then you hate America.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Funny how the Zelda MU discussion in the Falco boards is the first MU discussion I started to get 2 pages and the first one to be "revived" or discussed more than after a week... Meanwhile, the ZSS and Fox MU discussions.

Also, I found the second song to make me want to cry and this time, I'm not really sure why. Syd Matter's Obstacles that was featured in Life is Strange. No wonder that game/interactive movie made me so interested. Aside from the girl with blue hair, Chloe, the song was tugging at my heart... Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqWcpEZ3GY0.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Zelda Palette Tier List:

SSS:

S:

A:

F:

Granny Tier:

if you didn't use chalk in amazing mirror/squeak squad you were playing the game wrong (unless you used sapphire)
snow is the best SS palette. anything else is wrong. (i do like grape, though)

edit: icons are here for any interested persons

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
late reply

The female characters in this game got all the good palettes though. I really can't decide which one to use when I play Peach/Zelda/Palutena/Rosalina.
For Palutena, I exclusively love light blue over the others, though Viridi palette gets honorable mentions for the teal shield.

Despite usually defaulting to white peach with the occasional daisy in melee/brawl, I love her black palette; incidentally it's the only palette I've seen Peaches use (aside from dark.pch using the Daisy palette)

Zelda is a three way tie between blue/white/black, I favor blue because the other two are popular

Rosalina I just bounce between everything

snow is the best SS palette. anything else is wrong. (i do like grape, though)
I will accept these answers too.

I didn't like snow as much as chalk because of the red feet though.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Funny how the Zelda MU discussion in the Falco boards is the first MU discussion I started to get 2 pages and the first one to be "revived" or discussed more than after a week... Meanwhile, the ZSS and Fox MU discussions.

Also, I found the second song to make me want to cry and this time, I'm not really sure why. Syd Matter's Obstacles that was featured in Life is Strange. No wonder that game/interactive movie made me so interested. Aside from the girl with blue hair, Chloe, the song was tugging at my heart... Link to song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqWcpEZ3GY0.
Usually if I'm looking for songs to make me depressed I just go look for some of the sadder vocaloid songs.

Seriously Japan, how do you make such depressing songs.

late reply

For Palutena, I exclusively love light blue over the others, though Viridi palette gets honorable mentions for the teal shield.

Despite usually defaulting to white peach with the occasional daisy in melee/brawl, I love her black palette; incidentally it's the only palette I've seen Peaches use (aside from dark.pch using the Daisy palette)

Zelda is a three way tie between blue/white/black, I favor blue because the other two are popular

Rosalina I just bounce between everything
I like the medusa palette for Palutena, Peach I use the Fire Flower outfit, Zelda and Rosalina I choose at random.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I will accept these answers too.

I didn't like snow as much as chalk because of the red feet though.
The red feet are what makes it great. It gives Kirby red cheek things so it looks like he's blushing.
White palettes have a tendency of being bland since most developers will either make it all white or just pair it with black/grey. The snow palette defies this by adding the bright red. It's brilliant.

I remember there being a fantastic blue color in Squeak Squad, too. I want to say it was ocean or something like that. I'll have to check.

EDIT: I JUST LOOKED UP THE DIFFERENT SPRAYS IN SS AND I FORGOT CHERRY. THAT **** IS FANTASTIC. IT'S NOT SNOW LEVEL GOOD BUT IT'S CLOSE.

EDIT 2: IVORY TOO!!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Usually if I'm looking for songs to make me depressed I just go look for some of the sadder vocaloid songs.

I wasn't looking for a song to make me depressed, I was looking for the song used in Life is Strange's trailer. The song made me sad for some reason. Enjoy Youkoso Hitori Bocchi from Welcome to the NHK, originally a novel, then a manga that was loosely based on the novel, and then an anime based on the novel about the pressures of society, the hikikomori issue in Japan, anxiety, depression, abuse, and other "fun" stuff people deal with. I think it's worth a watch and read, but I don't like the manga because it deviates from the novel and the anime, surprisingly.

Or would you like some of The Real Folk Blues?

I've been a jazz, swing, blues, classical, folk, reggae sort of guy... Maybe that explains a lot about me along with me liking rock, aggrotech, electronic, and stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-9BBiC0VU.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
does nayru's even have true invincibility

i was messing with it against smart bombs earlier and seemed to always get hit no matter when I timed it

other explosives didn't seem to hurt Zelda at any point during the active frames but I'm unsure if the reflective properties affected that

The red feet are what makes it great. It gives Kirby red cheek things so it looks like he's blushing.
White palettes have a tendency of being bland since most developers will either make it all white or just pair it with black/grey. The snow palette defies this by adding the bright red. It's brilliant.

I remember there being a fantastic blue color in Squeak Squad, too. I want to say it was ocean or something like that. I'll have to check.
I guess I didn't consider that, but red and orange are my least favorite colors so I can't really get past that. I love white/grey/black and how retro monochrome makes things feel so I don't overly mind anyway, though mixed with other colors is generally better (white+gold and black+purple/blue are the best)

And yeah, you're probably thinking of Ocean.

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Please don't say that ;_;

Do you wanna play later tonight? I feel bad that we didn't get to play yesterday.
Sorry for the late reply, but I can't today.
I got curious and googled that.

Omg now I'm convinced the fact that we have to censor our posts sucks. That would be such a hardcore thing to post here. Imagine all the screaming!
I would love to be able to post pictures of animals killing each other. Damn kiddies!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

I like the medusa palette for Palutena, Peach I use the Fire Flower outfit, Zelda and Rosalina I choose at random.
I find this song kinda sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CElazRXkosc

Not so much the lyrics, just the tunes

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Sorry for the late reply, but I can't today.

I would love to be able to post pictures of animals killing each other. Damn kiddies!

Aw, alright. I hope we can play some other day~

And yeah man, these kids and their sensitive stomachs!

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I guess I didn't consider that, but red and orange are my least favorite colors so I can't really get past that. I love white/grey/black and how retro monochrome makes things feel so I don't overly mind anyway, though mixed with other colors is generally better (white+gold and black+purple/blue are the best)

And yeah, you're probably thinking of Ocean.
It was ocean. That palette is gr8.
I edit my last post but you probs didn't see it so here:
EDIT: I JUST LOOKED UP THE DIFFERENT SPRAYS IN SS AND I FORGOT CHERRY. THAT **** IS FANTASTIC. IT'S NOT SNOW LEVEL GOOD BUT IT'S CLOSE.

EDIT 2: IVORY TOO
Citrus, while obnoxiously bright, is good too. I'd put it in A tier, probs.

Cherry is soooo good, though. I can't believe I forgot it.

edit: did someone say sad songs?
this one even has a sad story about puppy mill beagles on the screen behind her.

Last edited:

Soul.

I just noticed Smash Greninja has Protean.
Of course, Game Freak. Of course.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd make a SS/AM spraypaint tier list if I remembered what half of these looked like

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I still haven't seen anyone use Greninja's green palette.
I do! :)
Approximate Greninja palette ratio:
Green: 85%
Shiny/Black: 8%
Silver: 5%
Default: 2%

Zelda palette ratio:
Green: 60%
Black: 20%
Default: 20%

Yoshi palette ratio:
Default: 100%

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
how can you not love chalk

it even doubles as a retro throwback palette because it's just that good. I bet kids these days don't even know oldschool Kirby didn't have copy abilities because they're ****ing casuals

MK palette is great, who cares if it's a scrub magnet. If you let scrubs make your decisions for you then you hate America.
oh don't get me wrong I love it but why are you calling it chalk lol

the smash white Kirby is made to represent dreamland Kirby not the spray paints from the games

MK palette sucks so much though, I can't stand it

1v1 me m8
G&W Kirby is definitely the best though
i thought that until yesterday when i realized he's super glitchy and broken because they did a **** job on the model swaps

S:
A:
B:
C:
D:
F:
agree with most of this because ya

smash is completely different than spray paint though lol

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think the sounds of the song sounded a bit more joyful than the lyrics/artwork, but that could just be me. Then again, Japanese translation is known to be a bit wonky sometimes
Japan loves to make happy-sounding songs that are secretly either very dark or very sad once you actually understand the meaning of the lyrics. This is especially true with Vocaloid. Seriously, just listen to this

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I find this song kinda sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CElazRXkosc

Not so much the lyrics, just the tunes
The uploader is "MrSuicideSheep". How can I not be sad?

Welp, time to drown my sorrows like Max Payne.

Enjoy this: About Today by The National. For people who know family, friends, or even strangers in active duty in the military of any branch, any rank, any station, any nation, and for those who know someone who might not be here anymore the next day.

Or listen to Fiona Apple's Slow Like Honey.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Japan loves to make happy-sounding songs that are secretly either very dark or very sad once you actually understand the meaning of the lyrics. This is especially true with Vocaloid. Seriously, just listen to this
I swear this is like some female Owl City 8-bit thing. Those translations though lol

Top Bottom