• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I love how when I go into training mode and put my opponent on random, it chooses Diddy for me to pepper with lemons for an hour. It's like it knows what I'm thinking.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Falco's Utilt is confirmed as a decent kill tool alongside Dtilt now. It kills Pit at 168% instead of 210% on pastebin.Mario... Mario's lighter... I swear if I mess around and use Bowser (Sr. not Jr.) as my dummy and he dies to Utilt at 120%...

Still, 168% for Utilt and 137% for a close-range Dtilt is pretty good.

Disclaimer: Too lazy to try to land only the final hit of Utilt. :p

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Considering I have the flu and while the meds are making me feel better, hallucinating is probably a bad thing. I'm going to go to bed now. Fun fact: Falco's Jab finisher does not kill until 383% on Pit at center stage of BF unlike pastebin.Mario who died at 356%. Weird, huh?
Huh...on BF?

From center of BF I have 356% for Mario and 354% for Pit, though those are the percents before jab1...and the percent they died at rather than lightning, so those are both probably less than useful for you but yeah.

I love how when I go into training mode and put my opponent on random, it chooses Diddy for me to pepper with lemons for an hour. It's like it knows what I'm thinking.
When I leave it on random I usually get a stupidly floaty character like Jigglypuff that won't work for whatever I want to test ;_;

I usually beat up Dark Pit instead of Diddy because the monkey noises grate on my nerves after a couple minutes and he's annoyingly short. Beating up the worst clone character ever made is good too.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Huh...on BF?

From center of BF I have 356% for Mario and 354% for Pit, though those are the percents before jab1...and the percent they died at rather than lightning, so those are both probably less than useful for you but yeah.
I spaced out Jab so only the Finisher hit. Granted, at that range, you'd have to be stupid to use Falco's Jab combo for a kill. I'd rather for a Dash Attack, Ftilt, Dtilt, Utilt, Bair, or anything but Jab. This is Falco we're talking about, he ain't no ground fighter like Little Mac. :p

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Spaced for just the finisher, I've got 382% (surprised this matters this much...) for Pit and 389% for Mario for red lightning.

BF is an awkward stage for testing this compared to FD, considering they respawn on the top platform and you have to push them down to the assumed center...it doesn't strike me as easy to get accurate results from.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So where should I have done it? If I had to pick, I'd choose omega Wily Castle because of the music.

Isn't BF a common place for people to test, though?

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
FD and all omegas have identical blast zones, so any of them would be ideal since the training dummy will respawn center stage after each death.

Though I can certainly see merit to wanting to get results for BF, I don't think there's a good, consistent way to do it.

For music I'd recommend either Gaur Plains, Wily Castle, or Arena Ferox (only Together We Ride) personally...though I've had music off for awhile now.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Eh, it's close enough since it could be a 1% margin of error which isn't as bad as say, a 5% margin of error. I'm probably going to switch to Wily's Castle or something since directing Pit to the center of Battlefield is a pain.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
So @TriforceOfWisdom, @kaazers, and I decided to get on Basic Brawl for the first time in forever. lol
Ah, the feeling of beating people up with Brawl Zelda. I got this one red Zelda who was pretty good, but her Farore's-bait-an-attack-then-counter strategy was easy to adapt to, and I could out-read her punishes. Also got a Ganondorf who wasn't too bad, but he switched to rageMK after losing, only to get beaten up worse. If it wasn't so hilarious winning over MK ragers, I would have felt bad. It's good to know that Basic Brawl isn't completely dead after all this time!

I don't miss Zelda's nonexistent offstage edgeguarding, though.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I'm glad you posted Twili because now I can boast about the greatness of this new page's OP.

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
That is a marvelous OP, I have to say.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
F*CK SONIC

It took you too long and I was already playing For Glory, sorry :( Let's do it tomorrow or wtv.
Jaysus, at least treat the little runt to a chili dog buffet or some kind of dinner first. :p

Play as Falco or Ike who can destroy Sonic's options. Reflector and Blaster destroys Spin Dash and Charge. Ike's Ragnell destroys Sonic by hitting him before he can get in and hit you. It's about timing and unless you're facing 6wX or a really aggressive and not campy Sonic, then Ike will be fine for punishing the blue hedgehog.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Jaysus, at least treat the little runt to a chili dog buffet or some kind of dinner first. :p

Play as Falco or Ike who can destroy Sonic's options. Reflector and Blaster destroys Spin Dash and Charge. Ike's Ragnell destroys Sonic by hitting him before he can get in and hit you. It's about timing and unless you're facing 6wX or a really aggressive and not campy Sonic, then Ike will be fine for punishing the blue hedgehog.
My problem is that I'm generally aggressive. I get bored really quickly if start being campy or defensive. I won't say I never play like that, but it's more natural to me to just go in. I didn't try Ness out in the MU but Zelda and Villager have a pretty rough time against the blue brain tumor.

I did like Ike a lot in this game so I might pick him up for that reason. I just need someone that's good against Sheik now and I'll have decent options against the top tiers if I do pick Ike.

Edit: Oh yeah btw I'm never picking Falco up. Sorry brosis but I just hate him and think he's super lame :'D

YES SONIC IS A F***NG BRAIN TUMOR.

Last edited:

Twili

The Queen
Premium
NNID
dearlyxbeloved
3DS FC
3368-2389-1288
Switch FC
3149 6967 1296
I know it's late as hell and I should be sleeping for work, but guys I think I just pulled a Fujin. You know how I told that story of the one Zelda on Basic Brawl who thought she was out of range of my Zelda's final smash on opposite sides of Temple, when I just turned around and shot her? I'm talking with friends and this happened:

"Walkin' in with her cheap rhinestone gems and cast-mold gold plates
In boots from Kmart thinkin' she so sly
Thought she was clear outta sight from my final smash
Wavin' at me when I shot her in the head; shoulda waved herself goodbye."

.. Should I be proud yet?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Can I just say,

IsmaR went HAM in the Denselina thread.

And I see we have new company! :D

Morning y'all!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
GORLS, I found out where their true social is;

They have a skype group. :^)
I knew about that, but I personally never asked to join. I never joined because I already had a couple skype groups I was a part of...

And I was afraid of what I would see...

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No wonder. They've also been consumed by the plague and poison that is Skype. Another unfortunate victim.

But can you imagine how their Skype conversation would be like? D: *shudder*

Oh, and we are fast approaching page 420. You know what that means. :^)

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Just woke up sis. I don't think I'll play until the evening but we'll see. Still also need to get a point for the are a against the Mopcinas. :^)

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
So I got Hyrule Warriors yesterday ... , BUT..
I can't play it cause I've no Pro Controller and holding the pad is really bad for my arthritis :(

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Very sweet. :3

So is Palutena mid tier with or without custom moves?
Without, I feel that with customs shes either top or high.
Holy butts. What am I reading?
Listen Macchiato, I love you man as a hero but this tier list... is wat
Yeah you right

PALLY AND ZELDA SHOULD BE HIGHER

Last edited:
Honestly, Palutena and Rosalina are the reasons why I'm starting to go anti-customs a bit. Like, I love customs but Jesus, I don't want to deal with those two with customs on

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, Palutena and Rosalina are the reasons why I'm starting to go anti-customs a bit. Like, I love customs but Jesus, I don't want to deal with those two with customs on
Eh, most characters gain a new custom that are good at stopping Luma even if Rosalina's are pretty good. Palutena I'm not sure on though since I don't fight too many of those.

I don't think Diddy Kong is a nightmare to Shulk at all. Customs-tena probably destroys him and probably most of the cast. Idk, I only had 5 matches with a lightweight/super speed Palutena and I got wrecked hard. Maybe this is a case of git gud

Only thing magnetizing me to customs at this point is Power vision and hyper arts. Other than that, meh

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
But hyper arts shulk.

Reserved has started to play some custom Palutena and it's quite annoying. That said, she's nowhere near as strong as I initially thought she'd be because her end lag on her moves is so high.

Custom Rosa really is a pain though. Luma warp takes a while to get used to, but I think it might just take more experience.

Top Bottom