• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Luma warp, luma lasers, lightweight and super speed are the 4 prime reasons why I might be against customs

Power vision, hyper arts, power vision, and power vision are the 4 prime reasons why I might be for customs

Edit: Another reason for anti-customs: so that Zelda isn't the worst. She's definitely better than Mii Swordfighter without customs

Edit (2): My reasons are selfish but bleh. I guess I'm counted as neutral towards customs

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Luma warp, luma lasers, lightweight and super speed are the 4 prime reasons why I might be against customs

Power vision, hyper arts, power vision, and power vision are the 4 prime reasons why I might be for customs
I don't use lightweight, my tuna set is

Explosive Flame
SuperSpeed
Jump Glide
Celestial Fireworks

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I have yet to land a power vision... Mostly because I haven't been playing Shulk enough.

DK's customs are hilarious though. Everyone talks about his broken up-B (which I don't even think is that good) but his windbox giant punch is amaaazing.

@ Macchiato Macchiato - ... Lightweight is the reason why custom palutena is ridiculous... Dthrow>uair kills at like... 80% and her mobility specs are disgustingly good. Her fast fall is like Kirby's stone and she jumps like Jump Shulk.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I have yet to land a power vision... Mostly because I haven't been playing Shulk enough.

DK's customs are hilarious though. Everyone talks about his broken up-B (which I don't even think is that good) but his windbox giant punch is amaaazing.

@ Macchiato Macchiato - ... Lightweight is the reason why custom palutena is ridiculous... Dthrow>uair kills at like... 80% and her mobility specs are disgustingly good. Her fast fall is like Kirby's stone and she jumps like Jump Shulk.
Actually it's super speed

Lightweight is literally what happens when you combine Monado jump and Monado speed except without the damage dealing debuff. Really crazy stuff with that custom special
Actually it's super speed
I'd say it's both

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
*Reads Rosalina Thread*
You :4zelda: mains are cray, but I still like you all. ¦3

Man I love using Diddy. Makes me feel horrible in a good way

But then again, I refuse to use him in tourneys because **** Diddy

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Spirst

@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 @ Spirst Spirst one of yew wanna play?
Ended up waking up then going right back to sleep. Maybe tonight or tomorrow.

As for custom Palutena, I can attest to how annoying she is. The lightweight/super speed dthrow>uair is as braindead easy to do like Diddy's but with more effectivity due to her mobility. Everytime she does lightweight when I'm in the 80% region, I just roll my eyes and gay her out as best I can. Since I'd been using Pacman recently, that usually means trampolines and hydrants galore.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gorls, we did it.

We hit 420.

OBLIGATORY IMMATURE CELEBRATORY GIF.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Both. =P
But really though, this is the first time I came into this thread and I'm already liking it.
We ALL get along and respect each other ,
so if you want to become a regular feel free to <3

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Honestly, Palutena and Rosalina are the reasons why I'm starting to go anti-customs a bit. Like, I love customs but Jesus, I don't want to deal with those two with customs on
I was going to rattle on about anti-luma customs then remembered who you play.

Yeah I can imagine most of those matchups against Rosalina getting worse lol

Another reason for anti-customs: so that Zelda isn't the worst. She's definitely better than Mii Swordfighter without customs
Well, if the western scene didn't have this ban-happy scrub mindset Miis would be allowed to use whatever they wanted because they're able to with customization OFF anyway

and we'd have more interesting stagelists but eh.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I was going to rattle on about anti-luma customs then remembered who you play.

Yeah I can imagine most of those matchups against Rosalina getting worse lol

Well, if the western scene didn't have this ban-happy scrub mindset Miis would be allowed to use whatever they wanted because they're able to with customization OFF anyway

and we'd have more interesting stagelists but eh.
Norfair needs to be legal again yeah

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Norfair needs to be legal again yeah
I mainly had Kongo, Skyloft, and Wuhu in mind

but I wouldn't complain about PS2 or Norfair getting a chance either, though Norfair is probably a godawful Rosalina stage.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
I mainly had Kongo, Skyloft, and Wuhu in mind

but I wouldn't complain about PS2 or Norfair getting a chance either, though Norfair is probably a godawful Rosalina stage.
Those 3 yeah they would be quite fun for a change.

And regarding Norfair, that's an even better reason than anything I could ever think of :p

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
#legalizemariocircuit - seriously. That stage is so amazing and the only thing holding it back is one glitch nobody understands.

Also, AA says norfair isn't bad for Rosa. It's actually quite good in theory since there's no main platform and she can control air space so well. The lava wave hitting luma is annoying, but meh, pros and cons.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh right, I forgot about Mario Circuit. Haven't seen much of that stage but it looked neat too.

How much % does the lava do/does it launch Luma? If it isn't going to die every wave then maybe it's fine.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Question: Does anyone know what are all the non-omega 3DS stages that could be considered legal? Since I've had the FW ledge cancel project I want to make sure and add any relevant non-omega stage data.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Question: Does anyone know what are all the non-omega 3DS stages that could be considered legal? Since I've had the FW ledge cancel project I want to make sure and add any relevant non-omega stage data.
Battlefield, FD, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower...maybe Arena Ferox and Brinstar?

3DS stage list is booty.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I love the shy guys and the asymmetric positional play based on the blocked blast zones. The locations with walls make a good camping spot temporarily until the shy guys come or the stage starts to transition. Same with the walkoffs, which many people just say "nope" to even though you just wait it out.

Lava wave does 18% according to the stage research thread. I don't know if it puts Luma into tumble, but I'd assume it probably kills the star. You can try and put it in the capsule I guess.

Some 3ds people like Tomadachi Life... (Not me)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Battlefield, FD, Yoshi's Island, Prism Tower...maybe Arena Ferox and Brinstar?

3DS stage list is booty.
no the stage lists are booty because they divided them into two different games

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Omega just disables items if they were on, I think.

no the stage lists are booty because they divided them into two different games
well, that too

Yoshi's Island is the only legal 3DS stage I'd legitimately miss if I only had Wii U though

Although I'm forever sad about no HD Magicant.

Some 3ds people like Tomadachi Life...
Gross.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I haaaate Mario Circuit so much. All the upside down components means you can get launched onto the stage as it goes on near the blast zones and you randomly die. :///

Also, Omega Mario Circuit and Omega Temple are soooo bad for Zelda's Recovery omg.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I haaaate Mario Circuit so much. All the upside down components means you can get launched onto the stage as it goes on near the blast zones and you randomly die. :///

Also, Omega Mario Circuit and Omega Temple are soooo bad for Zelda's Recovery omg.
^^ Omega Bridge of Eldin is Brawl Yoshi's Island all over again ugh

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But what on Mario Circuit will kill you that can't be avoided, or even utilized positively, with stage knowledge? As I understand it the Shy Guys are on a timer rather than being random, even.

From the limited observations of someone that hasn't played on Wii U, the only objectionable thing I've noticed about the stage is on the ceiling sections, Meta Knight/Kirby/Charizard uthrows apparently get really janky and pin the players inside the track, where they get hit repeatedly.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Randomly? >.>

And you can do the same to your opponent. It's impactful without being intrusive. Even the shy guys don't bother you unless someone uses them.

@ Lavani Lavani - yeah... But that's like... Only at the start of 1 transition, and I kind of want to say "don't get grabbed by those characters during that small window" kind of like the Wuhu boat thing.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

honestly I don't think anything beats halberd in terms of stage believes you should die so it killed you, with both the claw (i've practiced my timing with that thing too, it still gets me) and those stupid ledges

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
honestly I don't think anything beats halberd in terms of stage believes you should die so it killed you, with both the claw (i've practiced my timing with that thing too, it still gets me) and those stupid ledges
Yeah, I dislike Halberd for the fact it randomly chooses someone to hit/target.

That and the fact that it doesn't tell you when it is going to transition from being on the deck to the flying portion (which is an even bigger issue on Delfino making me dislike the stage).

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well here are my tuna sets

Offensive Tuna
Auto reticle
Super Speed
Jump Glide
Lightweight

Defensive Tuna
Explosive Flame
Reflect Barrior
Warp
Counter

Teams Tuna
Heavenly Light
Reflect Barrior
Rocket Jump
Celestial Firework

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
Also, if your interested,
Me and a few others have been trying to get a Casual Fun group going to play friendlies with o:

None of us pass judgement, say " your bad @ this " , trash talk , bash characters you play , / etc. and the idea is that we'll have a very calm set of people who play together whilst just aiming for fun ^^

Also if your the type who likes Customs for characters like :4palutena: or just wanna fool around with them vs real people, play on silly stages that are banned in tourny ( think Poke'mon stages ) we're open to that too :]

Top Bottom