• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
At least Ftilt has range. It's faster than fsmash, right? So... sometimes you can ftilt punish. Lame, but at least you get something.

Oh my god. Off screen play is amazing. I can watch Djokovic Murray while playing Smash. Wii U, why are you so good.

Edit: nope. Williams vs Sharapova. Still good to watch. Djokovic Murray tomorrow.
3 frames faster on startup, end lag isn't much better though and it does less than half the damage without the disjoint or kill power.

Off screen play = playing on the gamepad without taking up the TV? I hadn't even considered that as being a thing, I almost want a Wii U now. Nothing I'd want to buy on it though aside from Sm4sh Wii U though, and I don't plan on shelling out hundreds to get another version of a game I already have.

i swear to god

Spirst

3 frames faster on startup, end lag isn't much better though and it does less than half the damage without the disjoint or kill power.

Off screen play = playing on the gamepad without taking up the TV? I hadn't even considered that as being a thing, I almost want a Wii U now. Nothing I'd want to buy on it though aside from Sm4sh Wii U though, and I don't plan on shelling out hundreds to get another version of a game I already have.

i swear to god
Yeah, that's exactly what off screen play is. Quality is 480p but it still looks good on the screen.

You could sell your Smash 3DS version and get the Wii U version. Then you wouldn't have to complain about getting a game you already have since you wouldn't have it anymore.

Last edited:

Soul.

Off-TV Play is only good because the GamePad has an ultra low latency streaming tech inside it. You can use it as a screen mini TV and use the precious Pro Controller.

Dammit whats up with the 3ds hate today

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You could sell your Smash 3DS version and get the Wii U version. Then you wouldn't have to complain about getting a game you already have since you wouldn't have it anymore.
But then how will I play Etrian Odyssey games and FE:A and Gunvolt and Dark Witch and all my old DS games I hadn't been able to play for years after my DS died?

I think all of Nintendo's appeal to me these days is in their handhelds. Having a 3DS is worth it just for Etrian Odyssey alone.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206

Soul.

Nah man play Gates to Infinity. I swear that game is so good.

MK8 is full of fire hopping scrubs using Wario / Bowser / Morton. Where's our lord and savior Funky Kong? Even MK7 is better and that game is getting custom tracks (omg?!?!?!?!)

:troll:

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I tried playing EO III's demo and I just couldnt... it was so boring :(

Well, the series isn't for everyone I guess. EO/7th Dragon are by far my favorite RPGs though, if not games in general. Knights in the Nightmare would probably overtake them on that if there wasn't so much to try and remember. Lots of the non-boss stages feel tedious and generic in that too, so...

Y'all should play Radiant Historia
>The game's development team mostly consists of Atlus staff who previously worked on Megami Tensei games like Nocturne, Persona 3 and Strange Journey as well as the Etrian Odyssey series. The development team also includes other members who had previously worked on Radiata Stories.
>The game gives a unique take on the concept of non-linear branching storylines, which it combines with the concepts of time travel and parallel universes, similar to the games Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.

Into the backlog it goes

Last edited:

Spirst

Nah man play Gates to Infinity. I swear that game is so good.

MK8 is full of fire hopping scrubs using Wario / Bowser / Morton. Where's our lord and savior Funky Kong? Even MK7 is better and that game is getting custom tracks (omg?!?!?!?!)

:troll:
But MK8 has 3 whole Peach costume swaps, a bunch of babies, and the koopalings. It's a very diverse roster.

Also, Link. For the DLC release, Link everywhere.

Lava I please its a really good game with a really good plot and a really good combat system literary goty of the year

Also I just know about 7th Dragon cause of Mikus excellent design from it...

Last edited:

Soul.

But MK8 has 3 whole Peach costume swaps, a bunch of babies, and the koopalings. It's a very diverse roster.

Also, Link. For the DLC release, Link everywhere.
3 Peach costumes is pointless to me. I mean yeah it's a good idea, but I dunno. Just think Peach was fine on her own. Pink Gold is lol. Cat Peach is even more lol.
Koopalings and babies are eh.

MK8 isn't getting a lot of stuff "competitively" because most people in the lolmkwii community complained about the game.

hahahaha bikes nerf'd

Spirst

On the other hand, I have never once considered playing Mario Kart competitively. It's the game I'll play for a few hours during a week then stop altogether for a while until I get bored again.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
When I looked at the roster for mk8 I was like

what the **** is pink gold peach and why is it a character

why are there eighty gorillion babies now

why everything

hahahaha bikes nerf'd
What exactly happened to bikes?

I should probably mention Wii was the last MK I played.

I'm pretty upset that we have bs like Pink Gold Peach (NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF "PINK GOLD") but not Platinum Rosalina.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wished I could upload replays on my 3DS or that you could rewind, fast forward, etc. replays.

Why do I play For Glory again? ... I had a Villager who camped at one end of the stage with the stupid tree. He just sat there and if you got near him then chop, chop, chop and maybe a Lloid Rocket. It was so stupid... There was also another Villager who rolled and waited while using Fair and Bair to cover stuff. Man, it was annoying... I should play others on here more and not be lazy about asking for FCs.

At least I got a series of good matches with a Jigglypuff and later on, a Ganondorf, Ike, and purple Yoshi. After the spammers, I got to fight a decent Fox. Fox is one of those characters that is never spammy. Good or bad Foxes, they're not as frustrating to fight like a spamming Link, Samus, Ness, Duck Hunt, Villager, or Little Mac. With Falco, I think Fox might be an even matchup or one that is favored to Falco. Why? Well, tune in next week because that's when I start the Fox MU thread. :p

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Guys, I just KO'd some Sheik in FG at like 50% with an elevator. It might have been less %. And I wasn't in rage I don't think! Maybe just a little bit but I had like 70 tops.

I think it was really bad DI on their part but it's surprising how ridiculously early that thing can kill some lightweights O_o.

And this time I did save the replay @ Lavani Lavani :p

Last edited:

Soul.

On the other hand, I have never once considered playing Mario Kart competitively. It's the game I'll play for a few hours during a week then stop altogether for a while until I get bored again.
I have played MK competitively since MKWii back in late 2011. Trust me when I say the community is full of beloved drama.

Nowadays I just play MK whenever I feel like it.

When I looked at the roster for mk8 I was like

what the **** is pink gold peach and why is it a character

why are there eighty gorillion babies now

why everything

What exactly happened to bikes?

I should probably mention Wii was the last MK I played.
Pink Gold Peach is what the SA-X is to Samus.

Bikes were deemed "overpowered" in MKWii by the community thanks to them being able to "wheelie" almost instantly.

In MK8, bikes got nerfed and now they are not able to "wheelie" almost instantly. You're only able to wheel a bike if you get a Mushroom or hit a boost thing.

Karts outclass bikes in MK8.

I wished I could upload replays on my 3DS or that you could rewind, fast forward, etc. replays.

Why do I play For Glory again? ... I had a Villager who camped at one end of the stage with the stupid tree. He just sat there and if you got near him then chop, chop, chop and maybe a Lloid Rocket. It was so stupid... There was also another Villager who rolled and waited while using Fair and Bair to cover stuff. Man, it was annoying... I should play others on here more and not be lazy about asking for FCs.

At least I got a series of good matches with a Jigglypuff and later on, a Ganondorf, Ike, and purple Yoshi. After the spammers, I got to fight a decent Fox. Fox is one of those characters that is never spammy. Good or bad Foxes, they're not as frustrating to fight like a spamming Link, Samus, Ness, Duck Hunt, Villager, or Little Mac. With Falco, I think Fox might be an even matchup or one that is favored to Falco. Why? Well, tune in next week because that's when I start the Fox MU thread. :p
You always have me if you ever feel like doing a match. Of course FCs would need to be added, but it's fine.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Here's my pie chart #fashionablylate:

:4zelda: 30%
:4villager: 30%
:4jigglypuff:10%
:4wiifit:10%
:4robinm:4%
:4ganondorf:2%
:4miigun:1%
:4samus:1% (dat victory theme tho)

Never, ever, ever feeling it tier::4sheik::4diddy::4sonic::4lucario::4greninja::4mario::4drmario::4falcon::4ness::4yoshi::4wario2:+sword characters lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
grammys peach was weird to me, and then add cat peach while I'm Stuck with only Wendy cause they took birdo away. But now online is mostly Links....i like MK8 but its more about how bad or ignored you are by items cause I switched sets just to see if I won any better and still came in 6th place because nobody in front is getting item screwed but me when I get up there lol.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
grammys peach was weird to me, and then add cat peach while I'm Stuck with only Wendy cause they took birdo away. But now online is mostly Links....i like MK8 but its more about how bad or ignored you are by items cause I switched sets just to see if I won any better and still came in 6th place because nobody in front is getting item screwed but me when I get up there lol.
Anyone wanna play?

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Also late but I've played
Wizzzrobe
Chillindude
Nairo
TKBreezy
I've beaten all of them once except chillindude
0-0 really? I mean I've played Nairo on stream but that's the most I've done, and I've never actually taken a set

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Every Villager I've ever fought on FG just does dumb strats that don't work and waste time massively. Certainly doesn't do anything to help my opinion of my least-liked character.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I keep thinking you gurls are talking about Mortal Kombat 8 every time I see " MK8 ".
" What? Nintendo has console exclusive characters like Peach and Link performing Fatalities? o.O "

Then I see Pink Gold and realize I'm just stupid lol..

Latte

Smash Ace
Having a 3DS is worth it just for Etrian Odyssey alone.
i luv u
I tried playing EO III's demo and I just couldnt... it was so boring :(

Y'all should play Radiant Historia
Because you mentioned RH, I can almost forgive your disdain for EO. I never got around to finishing RH, but that game is amazing; I definitely need to start playing it again.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lol Aero. In disguise, he uses Down B to transform back into Zelda.

The Boozelinas' reaction to my post though. "Oh, people are only coming here with character values now, and you said that Rosalina has bad qualities I'm not contributing to this thread anymore."

.... Okay then.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm pretty upset that we have bs like Pink Gold Peach (NOBODY HAS EVER HEARD OF "PINK GOLD") but not Platinum Rosalina.
Pfffft, please Syst, Rosalina has to go on the same level up track as any char. Gotta get that baby alt firsT. Then yew can get the loloddball "jewel" or cat alt.

Or maybe she'll go for the dry bones alt like bowser in Mario Kart 10. P: (Skipping nine apparently is kool these days. Though, wasn't MK8 actually the 10th lmao.)

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
My amiibo is better than me now. I can't ever beat it. Is this normal? Because it's dodging and shielding every single d*ng attack.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Just tried tap jump off and I'm loving it. Zelda has benefited the most out of all the characters I play since I can actually use U-tilt now and do combos. Plus, short hop aerials (especially U-airs) are easier to perform now.
Kind of surprised that I've eluded the optimism tier list at this point btw lol.

As for pie charts, I don't have the exact data for my character usage, but it's probably something like this.
:4greninja:35%
:4zelda:24%
:4drmario:16%
:4yoshi:10%
:4pikachu:8%
:4miibrawl:4%
:4charizard:2%
:4sheik::4sonic::4miigun:1%
Here's my pie chart #fashionablylate:
Never, ever, ever feeling it tier::4sheik::4sonic::4lucario::4greninja::4drmario::4yoshi:
:'( Listing all my favorite characters (aside from Zelda)

Last edited:
Top Bottom