• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Latte

Smash Ace
GGs @Successor of Raphael once again, I had a @ L Latte fun. Any advice for wii fit & ZSS
I'm trying to think of puns involving the word macchiato, but none are coming to mind

I like how the first Google Search autofill for "macchiato" is a comparison of us.

@ L Latte who is your favorite EO and why is it Hexer?
Wow who's my favorite EO. Is that a mix of "what's your favorite EO game" and "who's your favorite EO class?"
Maybe I'm just slow today or something; I'll answer both questions LOL

I'm fairly new to EO, so I've only played IV and Untold so far. EOIV is definitely my favorite of those two, though that may change when I get more into Untold. If I remember correctly, I've only put 5-6 hours into Untold.

As far as classes go, I really liked the Arcanist class in EOIV. I loved Bracing Walk, and the whole "circle" concept was interesting to me.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I'm trying to think of puns involving the word macchiato, but none are coming to mind

I like how the first Google Search autofill for "macchiato" is a comparison of us.

Wow who's my favorite EO. Is that a mix of "what's your favorite EO game" and "who's your favorite EO class?"

I'm fairly new to EO, so I've only played IV and Untold so far. EOIV is definitely my favorite of those two, though that may change when I get more into Untold. If I remember correctly, I've only put 5-6 hours into Untold.

As far as classes go, I really liked the Arcanist class in EOIV. I loved Bracing Walk, and the whole "circle" concept was interesting to me.
Eh, Mocky Auto?

no...?

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur

EOIV is the best in the series, imo. And, again, imo, if you played that one, you've played the rest :p. The rest are slightly less complex in terms of how the story unfolds, and have less variety in dungeon exploration.

Fortress and Imperial ftw <3

D

Deleted member

"7-3 in Rosalina favot. Zelda sucks din fire is bac and she hhas nothing threatening to Rosalina. Sorry but dins firr isn't a good enough move to win amy MU. This MU is boring and Zelda one dimensional."- Someone in that Rosalina thread.

Goodbye, brain cells.

Latte

Smash Ace
EOIV is the best in the series, imo. And, again, imo, if you played that one, you've played the rest :p. The rest are slightly less complex in terms of how the story unfolds, and have less variety in dungeon exploration.

Fortress and Imperial ftw <3
I didn't realize anyone played EO for the story, actually. Although the storytelling was decent, it was so scarce that it felt nonexistent. My favorite part of EO is definitely testing different party strategies; something I do often in games like Bravely Default and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Farorae

Smash Ace
"7-3 in Rosalina favot. Zelda sucks din fire is bac and she hhas nothing threatening to Rosalina. Sorry but dins firr isn't a good enough move to win amy MU. This MU is boring and Zelda one dimensional."- Someone in that Rosalina thread.

Goodbye, brain cells.
Has to be a troll the guy has like 4k posts and 20 likes. I know likes don't mean much but come on!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

It was supposed to be a joke like when people ask "Who's your favorite Touhou?" like the series name is referring to the characters themselves. "What's your favorite game" was going to be my next question too though :>

Sadly I still haven't gotten around to buying IV yet; none of the local stores stocked it and I dislike digital copies when buying physical is an option, so...yeah. Arcanist is by far my favorite class design in that game (maybe overall?) though, in terms of function they're basically Hexers but even cuter, and with more supporting options I think.

I've beaten EO2 and EO3 multiple times each, and routed EO2 for speedrunning but never actually got around to doing a run. I haven't done much postgame on either though; essentially none on EO2 (I need to fix that), and while I have a save at the stratum 6 boss on EO3 my party comp both can't fight him and isn't good for grinding exp, so I'm kind of just not doing anything with that because grinding new characters is boring and effort. EOU I left off on 15f for similar reasons; lv26 feels waaaaaay too low for the boss fight there on Expert and I both refuse to grind levels or turn the difficulty down. I can't say I really enjoy the Story cast either, should've just gone Classic...though Gladsheim stuff is interesting at least.

imo EO2 > EO3 > EOU out of the games I've played, favorite characters in each would be Hexer (EO2), Zodiac (EO3), and I guess Simon in EOU since I still don't fully know how other classes were rebalanced and Medic's poison is nuts in that game.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I didn't realize anyone played EO for the story, actually. Although the storytelling was decent, it was so scarce that it felt nonexistent. My favorite part of EO is definitely testing different party strategies; something I do often in games like Bravely Default and Final Fantasy Tactics.
Oh well I didn't mean the story per se, but because of the airship mechanic, I think EO4 is less monotone than the rest because you get to go to other lands and it feels like the landscape is actually changing as you travel and move through what little story the game has to offer. Going back to the same dungeon over and over in EO1 was bit of a turn off for me, for example.

Latte

Smash Ace
It was supposed to be a joke like when people ask "Who's your favorite Touhou?" like the series name is referring to the characters themselves. "What's your favorite game" was going to be my next question too though :>

Sadly I still haven't gotten around to buying IV yet; none of the local stores stocked it and I dislike digital copies when buying physical is an option, so...yeah. Arcanist is by far my favorite class design in that game (maybe overall?) though, in terms of function they're basically Hexers but even cuter, and with more supporting options I think.

I've beaten EO2 and EO3 multiple times each, and routed EO2 for speedrunning but never actually got around to doing a run. I haven't done much postgame on either though; essentially none on EO2 (I need to fix that), and while I have a save at the stratum 6 boss on EO3 my party comp both can't fight him and isn't good for grinding exp, so I'm kind of just not doing anything with that because grinding new characters is boring and effort. EOU I left off on 15f for similar reasons; lv26 feels waaaaaay too low for the boss fight there on Expert and I both refuse to grind levels or turn the difficulty down. I can't say I really enjoy the Story cast either, should've just gone Classic...though Gladsheim stuff is interesting at least.

imo EO2 > EO3 > EOU out of the games I've played, favorite characters in each would be Hexer (EO2), Zodiac (EO3), and I guess Simon in EOU since I still don't fully know how other classes were rebalanced and Medic's poison is nuts in that game.
You should definitely get IV at some point; it's quite possibly my favorite 3DS game. I'm not too keen on digital copies either..Untold's constant sales enticed me into a digital purchase, though.
I have this awful habit of falling in love with games, then not finishing them because I know I'll be sad when they're over. That's the horrible fate EOIV was doomed to.

I've been wanting to get EO2/EO3 at some point, but I'm going to force myself to finish Untold beforehand.
I feel the same way as you; I should have gone with Classic in Untold. I have no idea why I didn't.

Oh well I didn't mean the story per se, but because of the airship mechanic, I think EO4 is less monotone than the rest because you get to go to other lands and it feels like the landscape is actually changing as you travel and move through what little story the game has to offer. Going back to the same dungeon over and over in EO1 was bit of a turn off for me, for example.
Oh, was going to the same dungeon repeatedly a thing in EO1? I can definitely see how that would be a turn off. Untold is a remake of EO1, right?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
"7-3 in Rosalina favot. Zelda sucks din fire is bac and she hhas nothing threatening to Rosalina. Sorry but dins firr isn't a good enough move to win Amy MU. This MU is boring and Zelda one dimensional."- Someone in that Rosalina thread.

Goodbye, brain cells.
Since when is Amy Rose in this game?

Also guys, I think I might pick up Pale Tuna. She's really fun
(bless whoever made lady sakurai)

edit: @ Macchiato Macchiato That guy replied to the Rosa mu thread again but I honestly don't think it's worth arguing lol

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533

Yes, play Pollutena. She's my other main, and it's so satisfying winning with her. She's also very fun to play, and her u-smash is my fave in the game.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788

I like her. She's one of my mains, but she will forever be known by me as seaweed hair. Off topic, now that I've changed my avi like 50 times, I guess I'm keeping it like this, even though it looks a little odd. I'm mainly keeping it because it took me so ****ing long to make it work..

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You should definitely get IV at some point; it's quite possibly my favorite 3DS game. I'm not too keen on digital copies either..Untold's constant sales enticed me into a digital purchase, though.
I have this awful habit of falling in love with games, then not finishing them because I know I'll be sad when they're over. That's the horrible fate EOIV was doomed to.

I've been wanting to get EO2/EO3 at some point, but I'm going to force myself to finish Untold beforehand.
I feel the same way as you; I should have gone with Classic in Untold. I have no idea why I didn't.

Oh, was going to the same dungeon repeatedly a thing in EO1? I can definitely see how that would be a turn off. Untold is a remake of EO1, right?
I might just cave in and buy it off eshop sometime soon...though, I don't have a debit card anymore so it'll be an annoying purchase. From what I've heard of it it's the "easiest" EO, due to all classes being good and something about gold FOEs that give absurd amounts of EXP I think, but I guess by the same token that means it's the least grindy and most balanced so we'll see.

It's probably going to feel weird going back to EO2 after playing 4 and U. They really polished each game more and more by quite a bit; EO1 didn't even let you strafe with L or R so you had to turn to go around corners! Granted I like the older games more, but the further back you go the more little luxuries you lose compared to the recent games and it can be a bit annoying if you're used to having them.

EO1 and EO2 only had the main labyrinth for exploration, same for EOU in classic mode. EO3 had ocean exploration and I guess EO4 apparently had airships? Dunno how that differs from EO3.

I did it for you, my child.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I like Palutena but I cannot understand why people main her because she only half of her moveset is usable. All smashes (except for Usmash) are laggy as all hell and her tilts are useless. Her default specials aren't great, either (counter is just flat out bad imo). However, her aerials are pretty good.

If you like her, then go ahead and play her. (I just wanted to get that little rant off my chest).

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Having only half a moveset is a lot of the reason why I can't get used to Palutena

but her aerials, jab/grab, and invincible bair/dash attack are all amazing, and usmash is still cool even if it's laggy. I think she's better than people give her credit for even without customs, she's just weird to play.

The fact that an invincible bair means she can dive right into upBs like Kong Cyclone, Spin Attack, Dolphin Slash, or PK Thunder 2 and hit them out of it unharmed was the most appealing thing about her to me and pretty much singlehandedly made me want to try and learn her early in the game's life, but I can't really adapt to how she plays at all sadly.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I like Palutena but I cannot understand why people main her because she only half of her moveset is usable. All smashes (except for Usmash) are laggy as all hell and her tilts are useless. Her default specials aren't great, either. However, her aerials are pretty good.

If you like her, then go ahead and play her. (I just wanted to get that little rant off my chest).
I main her because 1. She's fun, 2. She's definitely not the best character, which makes it satisfying to win with 3. Dat up smash... I think that's it. :p

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I like Palutena but I cannot understand why people main her because she only half of her moveset is usable. All smashes (except for Usmash) are laggy as all hell and her tilts are useless. Her default specials aren't great, either (counter is just flat out bad imo). However, her aerials are pretty good.

You can use ftilt to punish spotdodges and ledge getups!
and that's all it does lol
dtilt is a mixup i guess, and utilt for antiair?? lol

i wish we could use custom Palutena, cuz Superspeed and Lightweight are insane

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I might just cave in and buy it off eshop sometime soon...though, I don't have a debit card anymore so it'll be an annoying purchase. From what I've heard of it it's the "easiest" EO, due to all classes being good and something about gold FOEs that give absurd amounts of EXP I think, but I guess by the same token that means it's the least grindy and most balanced so we'll see.

It's probably going to feel weird going back to EO2 after playing 4 and U. They really polished each game more and more by quite a bit; EO1 didn't even let you strafe with L or R so you had to turn to go around corners! Granted I like the older games more, but the further back you go the more little luxuries you lose compared to the recent games and it can be a bit annoying if you're used to having them.

EO1 and EO2 only had the main labyrinth for exploration, same for EOU in classic mode. EO3 had ocean exploration and I guess EO4 apparently had airships? Dunno how that differs from EO3.

I did it for you, my child.
EO4 is definitely the most balanced, but I wouldn't say it's the easiest, since it is the most balanced after all :p haha. The thing about the gold FOEs is that you can farm them but it takes a while and it only works to get your toons to level 40ish relatively quickly. After that it's as grindy and slow as everything else.

I didn't play EO3, but in 4 you explore 4 different lands aboard an airship, and the overworld map of each area has FOEs that can attack you on the airship, as well as food collection mechanics. You can get food on the overworld, cook it and get bonuses. There's also a lot of different mazes to explore which gives the game more variety and more things to look out for. Also the final, extra dungeon is mother****ing scary.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I use Palu's tilts, and it hasn't ruined me yet. D-tilt isn't that bad at least. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
You can use ftilt to punish spotdodges and ledge getups!
and that's all it does lol

Actually, u-tilt is great for people approaching above, but if you miss it... You're gonna get hurt. But her back air is one of the safest, if not the safest aerial to use for gimping. I've gotten a ton of kills with that.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
3. Dat up smash... I think that's it. :p
Her up smash is really fun. It's still kinda annoying that the end of it still doesn't have hitboxes, though.

2. She's definitely not the best character, which makes it satisfying to win with
This (and liking the character) are the biggest factors in choosing who I play. Playing the top tiers never feels as good to me since you kind of prove to yourself that you can win even when using bad characters. It's like a mini morale-booster.
(lol I play a lot of Rosalina and a little bit of Sheik but I have different reasons I play them)

You can use ftilt to punish spotdodges and ledge getups! and that's all it does lol

When I play Palutena, I like to spam utilt because she does a weird crouch thing and it's oddly amusing to me.
I'm honestly surprised that her tilts have uses, though.

Explosive Flame/Super Speed/Jump Glide/Lightweight is my favorite custom Palutena set. Too bad customs aren't legal or else she'd be high tier.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
I use Palu's tilts, and it hasn't ruined me yet. D-tilt isn't that bad at least. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.
D-tilt can edgeguard teleport recoveries because it's a lingering hitbox. Aka Sheik.

If I'm not mistaken about the lingering hitbox...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
EO4 is definitely the most balanced, but I wouldn't say it's the easiest, since it is the most balanced after all :p haha. The thing about the gold FOEs is that you can farm them but it takes a while and it only works to get your toons to level 40ish relatively quickly. After that it's as grindy and slow as everything else.

I didn't play EO3, but in 4 you explore 4 different lands aboard an airship, and the overworld map of each area has FOEs that can attack you on the airship, as well as food collection mechanics. You can get food on the overworld, cook it and get bonuses. There's also a lot of different mazes to explore which gives the game more variety and more things to look out for. Also the final, extra dungeon is mother****ing scary.
Well I fought 2's final boss at 42 and 3's at 45 on my first playthroughs so...

It sounds kind of like EO3's ocean exploration, aside from the labyrinth bits. EO3's ocean exploration was limited by the types of food and sails and other items you possessed, and navigating the ocean let you find a bunch of different extra bosses you could fight.

Scylla was an infamous one because, despite being a lv65 boss, you got a partner for the fight that opened with an instant kill move so you could repeatedly fight her to get mountains of free exp for lv1 characters lol. Unfortunately that really starts slowing down once they're around 40 too, so it isn't exactly useful for postgame grind.

D-tilt can edgeguard teleport recoveries because it's a lingering hitbox. Aka Sheik.

If I'm not mistaken about the lingering hitbox...
Her usmash actually does that better, it reaches further below the ledge and hits much harder/can kill.

Also, it's not just teleport recoveries; it's all recoveries. Characters don't get ledge invuln until they grab the ledge on frame 3 of the snap, so the first two frames where they're reaching for the ledge are vulnerable.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Her up smash is really fun. It's still kinda annoying that the end of it still doesn't have hitboxes, though.

This (and liking the character) are the biggest factors in choosing who I play. Playing the top tiers never feels as good to me since you kind of prove to yourself that you can win even when using bad characters. It's like a mini morale-booster.

When I play Palutena, I like to spam utilt because she does a weird crouch thing and it's oddly amusing to me.
I'm honestly surprised that her tilts have uses, though.

Explosive Flame/Super Speed/Jump Glide/Lightweight is my favorite custom Palutena set. Too bad customs aren't legal or else she'd be high tier.
Yes, I hate using high tier characters. It feels easy and cheap, and honestly, boring. Playing Pollutena is fun against like Shiek because of the challenge it brings. For you, at least. I bet the shiek is barely trying lol

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Well I fought 2's final boss at 42 and 3's at 45 on my first playthroughs so...

It sounds kind of like EO3's ocean exploration, aside from the labyrinth bits. EO3's ocean exploration was limited by the types of food and sails and other items you possessed, and navigating the ocean let you find a bunch of different extra bosses you could fight.

Scylla was an infamous one because, despite being a lv65 boss, you got a partner for the fight that opened with an instant kill move so you could repeatedly fight her to get mountains of free exp for lv1 characters lol. Unfortunately that really starts slowing down once they're around 40 too, so it isn't exactly useful for postgame grind.
Oh no man, if you try fighting 4's boss at level 40 you're gonna get your ass handed to you BADLY. Actually, even some random encounters could kill you at level 80 if you're not careful :'D I'd say 60 is a not super bad level for the final boss, and the extra bosses (meaning the dragons) require at the very least a 70, and that's only cause your first fight against each of them you're assisted by an NPC. If you want to fight them again, though, you're on your own, and you're probably gonna need to be 80 or higher. Also, you have to kill the dragons in order to unlock levels 70-99 :O

Most story bosses are ridiculously hard too :(

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Yes, I hate using high tier characters. It feels easy and cheap, and honestly, boring.
Some of the top tiers are fun to play (in this game, at least). Luma shenanigans are very fun imo and I like Irrelevina's character in general so I play a lot of her.
Sheik's bouncing fish is a ton of fun to spam/mess around with. The BF customs are cool, too.

Playing Pollutena is fun against like Shiek because of the challenge it brings. For you, at least. I bet the shiek is barely trying lol
I miss brawl Sheik more than I can say. She was pretty bad so it made a lot of matches very difficult to win. My only friend that plays smash is a Marth main so he has given me a ton of hell. Winning against his Marth with Sheik (or even Zelda but it's like lol impossible) in brawl is soooo satisfying.

Now Sheik is kinda lame to play :/

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
Some of the top tiers are fun to play (in this game, at least). Luma shenanigans are very fun imo and I like Irrelevina's character in general so I play a lot of her.
Sheik's bouncing fish is a ton of fun to spam/mess around with. The BF customs are cool, too.

I miss brawl Sheik more than I can say. She was pretty bad so it made a lot of matches very difficult to win. My only friend that plays smash is a Marth main so he's given me a ton of hell. Winning against his Marth with Sheik (or even Zelda but it's like lol impossible) in brawl is soooo satisfying.

Now Sheik is kinda lame to play :/
Alright, yeah I have to admit Luna is pretty fun to mess around with. But playing like Diddy Kong for example, is boring because the lack of effort required to play him. Think of it; A killing blow with a big laser, or spamming u-air...

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
"Now what are Zelda's approaches? Dash attack dash grab? How slow? How safe? SH nair?"

^^ The only right thing the guy in the Rosa MU thread has said so far lol

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Omg I can't with him. I feel embarassed for the rosies that they have him. My pinkie has more sass in it than his whole body

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oh no man, if you try fighting 4's boss at level 40 you're gonna get your *** handed to you BADLY. Actually, even some random encounters could kill you at level 80 if you're not careful :'D I'd say 60 is a not super bad level for the final boss, and the extra bosses (meaning the dragons) require at the very least a 70, and that's only cause your first fight against each of them you're assisted by an NPC. If you want to fight them again, though, you're on your own, and you're probably gonna need to be 80 or higher. Also, you have to kill the dragons in order to unlock levels 70-99 :O

Most story bosses are ridiculously hard too :(
The japanese wikis recommended 60~70 for eo2/eo3's final bosses too when I went back and checked those after the fact, so we'll see. :smirk:

If killing the dragons means you don't need to retire to break lv70 then I can only consider it a positive change. I never bothered going past 70 in 2 or 3, even postgame...that said, I never fought the dragons in 2 or 3.

I should start another playthrough of 2 after I finish U.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
The japanese wikis recommended 60~70 for eo2/eo3's final bosses too when I went back and checked those after the fact, so we'll see. :smirk:

If killing the dragons means you don't need to retire to break lv70 then I can only consider it a positive change. I never bothered going past 70 in 2 or 3, even postgame...that said, I never fought the dragons in 2 or 3.

I should start another playthrough of 2 after I finish U.
It does mean that. Half of my party are my starting characters, with two of them being new only because you unlock new classes as you play through the game. I think I only retired two people so that I could make new characters with their same name and pretend they never left ; n ;

If you do manage to beat the final boss at level 40 then I want your children.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I looked at some of those pie charts and realized that I'm like the only person who uses Zelda over 50% of the time. DISSAPPOINT.

Also what's this EO game's full name? It sounds like my kind of game!

I am in such a bad mood today. Today can go die in a hole
Aw, I hope things get better for you today, man. When the dark lord is mad the world explodes...

And I've GOT to see what's happening in the Rosalina thread, lol.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I looked at some of those pie charts and realized that I'm like the only person who uses Zelda over 50% of the time. DISSAPPOINT.

Also what's this EO game's full name? It sounds like my kind of game!
Etrian Odyssey.

If you love oldschool hardcore dungeon crawler RPGs then it's right up your alley!

Top Bottom