• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

Seriously though, I hope your day gets better. Good luck with whatever it is that's wrong

EDIT:

Etrian Odyssey. I highly recommend the series
Etrian Odyssey.

If you love oldschool hardcore dungeon crawler RPGs then it's right up your alley!
Ah thanks! I like those kind of games so I might pick up one of the 3DS ones sometime.

And that GIF is the best.

Last edited:

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I'm still looking to play on the 3ds if anyone else wants to. Quite bored right now.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Apex commentary is making me mad

Mega Man's bair doesn't even have a sweetspot stop inventing things aaaaaaaaaa

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I went and glanced through the Rosaluma MU thread again (I'll sacrifice my sanity for the sake of my Zeldas.) and yeah, one thing;

@ Macchiato Macchiato AlmostLegendary is actually a troll user. Not only were his posts well... Y'know, but I'm pretty sure his name has even come up in modversations. So I'd recommend not replying to his posts, as it will truly get nowhere.

Also, lol Modsalina ova there trying so hard to keep the peace. Px

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yeah, this Seel guy has an awesome Yoshi! He, Sky Williams and Dr. Robotnik have made me motivated to play as him again! Really need to see some Greninja, Zelda or Dr. Mario representation though.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I went and glanced through the Rosaluma MU thread again (I'll sacrifice my sanity for the sake of my Zeldas.) and yeah, one thing;

@ Macchiato Macchiato AlmostLegendary is actually a troll user. Not only were his posts well... Y'know, but I'm pretty sure his name has even come up in modversations. So I'd recommend not replying to his posts, as it will truly get nowhere.

BAN HIM BAN HIM HE ANNOYS ME IN WAYS I DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
>>Went to the Rosaluma social for fun
>>Saw this

>>Is now scarred for life
RAID MATERIAL. Just realized that this came from the Rosa social like you said so no raid material...
It's RosaLuma. Literally.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Is anyone else watching APEX? This Yoshi is ridiculous. (Still waiting for Zelda tho.:4zelda:)
In the Shulk social some people said there was a really good and innovative Shulk playing on the stream but when I tuned in it was
DIDDY KONG DITTOS

if you can't tell I hope Diddy slips on his bananas and falls off a cliff

also lol @ Rosa social. I said "hi, i play rosa, nice to meet you all" in the social once and nobody replied lmao

Soul.

There was one earlier in the day!

I forgot who it was though. But I remember seeing him fight a Luigi that wasn't DIing uthrow>Thunder.
Yo there was one???
Lol I suppose DIing uthrow is hard. Maybe. Not sure. Could be easy if you predict it.
A good Pikachu would try to be unpredictable.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
In the Shulk social some people said there was a really good and innovative Shulk playing on the stream but when I tuned in it was
DIDDY KONG DITTOS

also lol @ Rosa social. I said "hi, i play rosa, nice to meet you all" in the social once and nobody replied lmao
His name was Banada or something like that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
oh my god now they're calling shadow sneak a counter

pfft chudat trying to untangle his controller and playing it cool
highlight of apex so far

Last edited:

Soul.

>shadow sneak
>counter
these commentators lack knowledge

this, my friends, is shadow sneak

Latte

Smash Ace
oh my god now they're calling shadow sneak a counter
I heard that and was just

What
DIDDY KONG DITTOS

This GIF is perfect. Bookmarking it for future use.

Last edited:

Soul.

Lmao I thought the crowd was hype for Melee at some point when an Edgy Pit and Sheik match was live.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apex commentary is making me mad

Mega Man's bair doesn't even have a sweetspot stop inventing things aaaaaaaaaa
That's better than saying Falco has no edgeguarding tools, Side Smash can't kill under 100% near the ledge, etc.

My second Falco rant of the day. Life as a SSB4 Falco moderator, everyone. :p

Oh... Him... He's the one who says X character sucks - mostly towards Greninja and someone else, I think it's Ganondorf - and that's it. At least someone else backs up their claims on why Mario isn't good, but seriously... He and another user in the Character Competitive Impressions thread always ******* posts vague-*** comments. It's like they're trying to spark something, but fail miserably since people either ignore them or counter them hard. I seriously wanted to call him out in the Rosalina MU thread, but whatever.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'm just going to reply here instead because reasons.

Un-DIable? Are you sure? I might have to look into this...
Stuff on wind vs windfall:

- Startup is increased 7f→13f, making it much worse as an OoS option and preventing combos from dthrow/dtilt.
- It is definitely DIable. However, the initial hit has much more knockback than default Farore's, and I would imagine DIing the first hit will get you killed when Zelda has rage both grounded and airborne at percents around 120% or so (will look into more later). 100%.
- FWF's spike from onstage "kills" later than FW. Even characters with poor recovery like Marth fail to recover at higher percents than they would straight-up die from FW elevator.
- The initial hitbox is larger, but located differently. Unsure how it differs overall.
- Reappear hitbox is smaller than FW

It just seems generally worse to me tbh

"Yay, a Diddy player!"

-No one
"Jesus Christ he just lost a game to ****ING GANONDORF"
-Everyone

Also I lost it at the father conversation when Coney said "I don't know, if my son mained Ganon I might not want him either."

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
That's better than saying Falco has no edgeguarding tools, Side Smash can't kill under 100% near the ledge, etc.

My second Falco rant of the day. Life as a SSB4 Falco moderator, everyone. :p

Oh... Him... He's the one who says X character sucks - mostly towards Greninja and someone else, I think it's Ganondorf - and that's it. At least someone else backs up their claims on why Mario isn't good, but seriously... He and another user in the Character Competitive Impressions thread always ******* posts vague-*** comments. It's like they're trying to spark something, but fail miserably since people either ignore them or counter them hard. I seriously wanted to call him out in the Rosalina MU thread, but whatever.
This little **** thinks Ganondorf sucks. Oh, I will give him a good reason to hate Ganondorf after he is neutered! I feel blood thirsty now, I am going to make him wish he was never born and crush him like the little insect he is!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm just going to reply here instead because reasons.

Stuff on wind vs windfall:

- Startup is increased 7f→13f, making it much worse as an OoS option and preventing combos from dthrow/dtilt.
- It is definitely DIable. However, the initial hit has much more knockback than default Farore's, and I would imagine DIing the first hit will get you killed when Zelda has rage both grounded and airborne at percents around 120% or so (will look into more later).
- FWF's spike from onstage "kills" later than FW. Even characters with poor recovery like Marth fail to recover at higher percents than they would straight-up die from FW elevator.
- The initial hitbox is larger, but located differently. Unsure how it differs overall.
- Reappear hitbox is smaller than FW

It just seems generally worse to me tbh

"Jesus Christ he just lost a game to ****ING GANONDORF"
-Everyone

Also I lost it at the father conversation when Coney said "I don't know, if my son mained Ganon I might not want him either."
So I was right about FWfall. As far as being relatively worse than standard FW.

As for the disappear hit-box differences, standard FW uses a stretchy hit-box that makes a large horizontal capsule, while FWfall is one large hit-box centered on Zelda. So the consequence as far as I can see is that FWfall would hit better above and below Zelda. IDK for sure which has more horizontal range, but considering FW standard uses a capsule, I bet it has the better range.

Something fun about windfall though, is that since it doesn't ledge snap, its hit-box will always happen, meaning when recovering to the ledge, it could clip people onstage near the edge, or possibly even if they try and go for the off stage BAir on the ledge, it might lolspike them.

*edit* LMAO I accidentally spelled far as fart!

Last edited:

Soul.

lol Ganon.

Would be better if that person won with a low tier character. Ganon is mid tier at best.

Speaking of which, what are the "supposed" low tiers?

---
Thunder Wave → USmash is legit even though Thunder Jolt is still the better Neutral B.

UThrow → Distant Thunder is also legit, but again. Normal Thunder.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Does Windfall work the same as the default one in the air? Meaning less KB and KBG with the aerial disappear.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This little **** thinks Ganondorf sucks. Oh, I will give him a good reason to hate Ganondorf after he is neutered! I feel blood thirsty now, I am going to make him wish he was never born and crush him like the little insect he is!
Here's the thing, I don't remember if he believes Ganondorf sucks, but someone does in that thread, meanwhile, the guy who mains, but bashes Mario likes Ganondorf. We had a discussion about Ganondorf and he constantly kept saying Mario would lose hardcore against Ganondorf... Then again, he says that about any character against Mario, probably including Mario himself and Dr. Mario. I guess he's the Mario version of the Zelda boards. Did I mention it's him alone? One man represents an entire board and this board jokes about it, but he doesn't. This guy is dead serious about Mario sucking donkey balls.

Top Bottom