• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
no love for Wendy? She's the closest thing I can get to Birdo in smash and I've been meaning to give the koopaling move set a whirl just for Wendy lol
The only game I liked Wendy's design in was Superstar Saga. She seems pudgier to me in other games, though I'm not sure she actually is...

I only really use Roy/Ludwig if I play Koopalings anyway, they've been my favorites since I was 3.

Morton's only as high as he is because salt jokes.

Last edited:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
@ Rickster Rickster , well think about it this way... you're a better <insert everything else>, and I don't know why but after my second Zelda game I decided I shouldn't disrespect the character in our matches, b/c that was atrocious.

I'm beginning to think Robin has a harder time in that matchup than I thought.

EDIT:

by the way, I kept count.

17 Zelda Farore's Wind kills on me.

I never thought Zelda could ever get me salty but my god.

Last edited:

Soul.

koopalings
lol
only good one is bowser jr. himself

also didn't know VGC was full of "pros"

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
@ Rickster Rickster , well think about it this way... you're a better <insert everything else>, and I don't know why but after my second Zelda game I decided I shouldn't disrespect the character in our matches, b/c that was atrocious.

I'm beginning to think Robin has a harder time in that matchup than I thought.
Thanks, but don't put yourself down like that. :c You're really good! Your reads were on point and you always played a safe neutral game, which is something I really need to work on.

Well the only Robins I've played are yours and Nairo's, so I can't offer much input on this. It's evenish imo.

MY PIE CHART
PIE CHART
Zelda: 75%
Fox: 10%
Sheik:5%
Lucario:5%
WFT: 3%
Palutena: 2.5%

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My inner OCD with math forced me to check the numbers; if you sum everything you get 101% :p
Ironically I want to use :4fox: more to hear his screams more often
Damn it, I must have missed one... There's just so many of them!!! Welp, time to take off a % of the practice gals crew. :smash:

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
wtf you've played nairo?

All I can play out here are coyotes.

... and I'd probably lose.

Thanks, but don't put yourself down like that. :c You're really good! Your reads were on point and you always played a safe neutral game, which is something I really need to work on.
I'm not exactly competitive, so it's no big deal. I haven't been to a tournament since 2008, and I haven't actually played anyone else in person since then.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
wtf you've played nairo?

All I can play our here are coyotes.

I'm not exactly competitive, so it's no big deal. I haven't been to a tournament since 2008, and I haven't actually played anyone else in person since then.
Nairo streams on Twitch quite often and takes match requests. I've improved A TON since I got the courage to request matches. Nakat, too. Playing top players (even just online) can really help you see what you do wrong.

Oh and I haven't EVER had a local match either, lol. Well, at least not a serious one.

http://www.twitch.tv/nairomk/profile

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ike is undoubtedly the easiest character to slaughter scrubs on Roll Glory with.

The number of free Usmash kills I've gotten...
Really? I find Ganondorf easier to slaughter scrubs with... Hmm, maybe I really am a read-heavy player. It does make sense when I slow down with Falco and start punishing more than going full rushdown.

wtf you've played nairo?

All I can play out here are coyotes.

I thought I played Logic on the 3DS. I was mislead...

Last edited:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Oh I didn't realize they played people online. I'm used to everyone hating online play from Brawl... and rightfully so.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Hey, @ Lavani Lavani or anyone who knows stuff, could you explain this? Zionaze and others wondered about it a while back and nothing was really confirmed aside from maybe Ganondorf's weight had to do with it.

But, Zionaze did find something about it that might be related.
so I've been snoopin around Izaws videos and this comment from MaskedCritic1932 caught my eye.
MaskedCritic1932 said:
Izaw, have you gotten any use out of the jab-trap that Link now has with the c-stick attack control scheme? I'm sure you know about it, but to clarify: crouch and hit the c-stick at a 45 degree angle, and keep spamming only the first attack of the jab that way. Only works with c-stick set to attack instead of smash, though. When done right the only safe escape seems to be to DI and footstool out of it, from what I hear.
Anyway, useful tech? Or just a fun gimmick to mess with friends and newbies with?
is this what i did? I do recall crouching to do this.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Oh I didn't realize they played people online. I'm used to everyone hating online play from Brawl... and rightfully so.
I would recommend trying Nairo first. It's a lot easier to get a match with him than with Nakat since Nakat does more sub-only and sub-priority stuff. You can also ask either one of them questions and they'll answer them (well unless they don't see it).

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I'll keep the thought in mind.

In the meantime I need to go to bed... have a great evening.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Hey, @ Lavani Lavani or anyone who knows stuff, could you explain this? Zionaze and others wondered about it a while back and nothing was really confirmed aside from maybe Ganondorf's weight had to do with it.

But, Zionaze did find something about it that might be related.
I'm not sure what the C-stick has to do with anything since that's the jab's usual FAF. Unless it just makes it easier to time?

I doubt it's airtight but without a Wii U I can't really look into it myself. Jab's hitstun compared to its endlag shouldn't be long enough to make anything like that work beyond as a gimmick against opponents that don't expect it. If nothing else I'm sure Ganondorf could SDI out.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not sure what the C-stick has to do with anything since that's the jab's usual FAF. Unless it just makes it easier to time?

I doubt it's airtight but without a Wii U I can't really look into it myself. Jab's hitstun compared to its endlag shouldn't be long enough to make anything like that work beyond as a gimmick against opponents that don't expect it. If nothing else I'm sure Ganondorf could SDI out.
So, it's probably just a thing to mess friends and newbies with? If only Falco could Jab-cancel like Fox. Oh well.

I don't have a Wii U either and I have never heard about the C-stick thing for Link.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
I feel people in the Smash 4 community in general underestimate the power of hard reads.
^this
It's every game community tbh :I
Imo, doesn't matter if your character isn't as reliant, there's no downside to learning to read and it's useful for every character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
^this
It's every game community tbh :I
Imo, doesn't matter if your character isn't as reliant, there's no downside to learning to read and it's useful for every character.
I wonder who the most illiterate character in this game is. I bet it's Link; Navi, Tatl, Midna, Fi, and even Zelda do all the reading for him. :p

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Here's my pie chart....
image.jpg

Please, leave your 'likes' at my desk.
just kidding you guys hate me.-.

...wow looking at this page, just realized no ones doing pie charts at all anymore...

pie charts were so last page...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
wasting my life in the lab

maybe some day a greninja player good enough to do this in actual matches will rise up and restore him to top 10

Those last couple of SFX are way too lewd

Also Diddy sounds less obnoxious on the 64 than he does in Smash, how

@ Lavani Lavani ty for showing UTilt isnt totally useless maybe

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
@ Lavani Lavani ty for showing UTilt isnt totally useless maybe
wat

gorl, utilt is one of my favorite moves in Greninja's kit

He crouches low, sends a wtfhuge disjoint above and around him, and it has amazing combo potential. It's a godly antiair and it beats rolls.

Also it's better than usmash at hitting people on platforms above you, though not by much (it's stupid precise, but unlike usmash at least it actually hits properly)

Last edited:
Huh, what am I doing wrong

Then again I just dont do greninja not wrong H o w d o I F A i r

I mean I love the move cause licking people out of the air is really hilarious but I usually just NAir or try and do a read

I just wish the GFX changed to match Lavendar's green tongue ;_;

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Huh, what am I doing wrong
I have no idea. You have guaranteed followups off utilt at like every percent and it's pretty much impossible to challenge from the air.

git gud i guess

Then again I just dont do greninja not wrong H o w d o I F A i r
The secret to using fair is
getting asspained that it's a godawful aerial and only using it when it combos after dash attack or nair
though spaced retreating fair is safe on shield I think

I mean I love the move cause licking people out of the air is really hilarious but I usually just NAir or try and do a read

I just wish the GFX changed to match Lavendar's green tongue ;_;
Nair as...antiair? Does that actually work? I've only ever used it against grounded opponents unless I'm going for a midair combo ender lol

I was going to ask what you meant about the GFX since it just uses his tongue but then I tried it ingame and was like oh

Last edited:

Spirst

Yeah, spaced retreating fair is safe on shield.

Also wtf, utilt is amazing. Dtilt>usmash sweetspot is so good too. I can't find a use for ftilt though.

I have no idea. You have guaranteed followups off utilt at like every percent and it's pretty much impossible to challenge from the air.

git gud i guess

The secret to using fair is
getting asspained that it's a godawful aerial and only using it when it combos after dash attack or nair
though spaced retreating fair is safe on shield I think

Nair as...antiair? Does that actually work? I've only ever used it against grounded opponents unless I'm going for a midair combo ender lol

I was going to ask what you meant about the GFX since it just uses his tongue but then I tried it ingame and was like oh
I'm not even gonna lie, I'm a **** greninja. I just play for the rising counters man

Last edited:

Spirst

I'm not even gonna lie, I'm a **** greninja. I just play for the rising counters man
I vaguely remember you being active on the Greninja boards for like the first few days of JP or NA then you just went poof. The **** happened

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Ftilt might honestly be one of the worst ftilts in the game I think. Its damage and end lag are garbage and it doesn't lead into anything, all it really has going for it is range. I guess there's some really niche combo stuff with pp ftilt but I'm not even going to try to learn that on 3DS.

Greninja sux. def bottom 3 char in the game.
I'm getting deja vu from a certain someone over at the character competitive impressions thread

I vaguely remember you being active on the Greninja boards for like the first few days then you just went poof. The **** happened
The sneakest frog.

Maybe Indigo is actually the best Greninja of all.

Spirst

Ftilt might honestly be one of the worst ftilts in the game I think. Its damage and end lag are garbage and it doesn't lead into anything, all it really has going for it is range. I guess there's some really niche combo stuff with pp ftilt but I'm not even going to try to learn that on 3DS.

I'm getting deja vu from a certain someone over at the character competitive impressions thread

The sneakest frog.

Greninja sux he has no ground game and eater shuriken cant be store def worse character imo

Ftilt is pretty bad from what I've seen. Even with PP stuff, there much better options in utilt/dtilt which can legitimately be chained into things or otherwise, fsmash. At least he looks like a ballerina while doing so though so that's funny.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Greninja sux he has no ground game and eater shuriken cant be store def worse character imo

Ftilt is pretty bad from what I've seen. Even with PP stuff, there much better options in utilt/dtilt which can legitimately be chained into things or otherwise, fsmash. At least he looks like a ballerina while doing so though so that's funny.
Off the top of my head the only thing I can remember it being good for was for forcing a getup like this:

Ftilt even has a blind spot like fsmash, it's the dumbest thing. Because the move definitely needed to be worse.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
At least Ftilt has range. It's faster than fsmash, right? So... sometimes you can ftilt punish. Lame, but at least you get something.

Oh my god. Off screen play is amazing. I can watch Djokovic Murray while playing Smash. Wii U, why are you so good.

Edit: nope. Williams vs Sharapova. Still good to watch. Djokovic Murray tomorrow.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember you being active on the Greninja boards for like the first few days of JP or NA then you just went poof. The **** happened
Greninja is one of those characters that I WANT to play because they're hella fun, but I've come to terms with my awfulness. I don't have much to contribute to the forum anyway.

Do not be mistaken though, I still love our dear PUNCHFROGE despite being covered in Sakurais ****

Lavani said:
(;:::

Bottom 3 of Ubers imo
tfw no tier between OU and Ubers

Spirst

Off the top of my head the only thing I can remember it being good for was for forcing a getup like this:

Ftilt even has a blind spot like fsmash, it's the dumbest thing. Because the move definitely needed to be worse.
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that and thinking, "Wow, if I could ever do that mid-game on the fly, I can die happy."
Did not know about the Z-axis issue though for ftilt too...wowwww..

At least Ftilt has range. It's faster than fsmash, right? So... sometimes you can ftilt punish. Lame, but at least you get something.

Oh my god. Off screen play is amazing. I can watch Djokovic Murray while playing Smash. Wii U, why are you so good.
Yep, comes out 3 frames earlier than fsmash. Rarely ever seems worth it though considering FAF is 42f while fsmash is 50f. 42f FAF is lol for a tilt that does like nothing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom