• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Nobody has really mentioned the XC2 DLC yet aside from Burgundy (I think it's a physical version of the base game with the DLC, not just the DLC by itself btw) so I'll bring it up rn.
You can switch who's the driver and who's the blade in battle. So at 1 point Lora/Hinoka was the driver and Jin was her blade. Then they swapped and Jin was the driver and Hinoka was the blade. So that seems neato. Also Hinoka attacks by punching. Bare fist. No weapons. What a stronk gorl.
......That's all. We didn't see that much tbf. But bringing this back to smUsh, I'm really starting to think that Rex & Pyra would be too new for the game (and an ARMS character, rip). Inklings and everything Splatoon-related so far has been based off of the first game. The Inklings use their Splat 1 design, as well as their Splattershot, Roller, and Slosher. Their final smash is a Splat 1 special, their map is a (bad) Splat 1 map and all of the music on it is from the first game. The only content we've seen from any Switch games is all of the BotW stuff (which isn't even a Switch exclusive and has been in development since before even Sm4sh released) and New Donk City (which is in because... Mario privileges I guess). Plus we're getting less new characters and I'm not sure they'd use one of those few spots on a Xenoblade character (and if they do want to, I think at this point Cross or Elma is more likely). I think he's definitely going to be in as DLC but for the base game, not really.
So if we're getting characters from the Wii U and late 3DS era, can we get Wonder Red then, thx.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's been a long time since I came back to this thread but I just wanna say GOD DAMN I CAN'T GET OVER HOW ZELDA LOOKS!
DfggbaAW0AABe0L.jpg

MASSIVE upgrade from TP Zelda.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Ultimate Super Smash Bros. fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

I managed to watch the whole Invitational, it was great.

So far, I think I might as well get my thoughts on the Direct out the way; and then go onto the big meaty part being the Smash section and give my general opinion on it.

Daemon X Machina:
It looks interesting and I do like the art style. Reminds me of Killer7 for whatever reason.

Xenoblade 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country:
I'm very happy we actually got to see this, and the fact that we can now swap between Blade and Driver is pretty rad. Though I will admit, I wonder whatever happened to Lora/Hinoka's frozen corpse ever since the Torna's ship got destroyed? Did it just fall into the abyss, never to be seen again? Or will it be somewhere within the ruins of city under the World Tree?

Pokemon Let's Go!: Pikachu & Eevee:
While I love myself some Pokemon, I'm not bothering with this one; I wasn't interested in GO when it came out, and I won't bother with this one. Waiting for Gen 8 to come out next year.

Super Mario Party:
I'm glad we got an ACTUAL Mario Party game; no more of that bs car mechanic or huge grid-based gameplay. We can actually play a proper game of MARIO. FRIGGIN. PARTY. Good job Nintendo, you finally did it; after... what, almost 10 years? Jeez.

Fire Emblem: The Three Houses:
This looks rad, and I'm looking forward to it; the fact you can explore the house you're in is great and the formations look cool too.
But the big question is... Can we marry and can we go the yaoi/yuri route? :secretkpop:

Fortnite:
Oh look, it's the inferior version to Totally Accurate Battlegrounds. :secretkpop:
But seriously, I'm not bothering with this one; pass.

Overcooked 2:
I've never played Overcooked before, but it does look like some silly fun.

Killer Queen Black:
Never heard of this game, but it seems rad to play.

Hollow Knight:
Ayy. That nice, artsy game. Looks charming and nice.

Octopath Traveler:
I am SOOOO happy there's a new Demo of this coming soon, looking forward to getting it. I loved the first Demo they gave us last year, so I'm hype with anticipation on this one. :yeahboi:

Smash Bros. Ultimate:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So now, onto my thoughts on SSBU thanks to the invitational and the trailer.

I'm very happy and satisfied with this rendition so far.

And we've gotten a boat load of new stuff too. Which I am VERY pleased with.

First off, my boy Wolf is back and I'm happy he's back. Zelda looks really nice, but man her choice of footwear is just strange; just go with either heels or boots Zelda; not those stupid Naruto shoes. :V (Seriously, open-toed boots are just bad.)

Daisy being playable is cool, glad the Daisy fans are now acknowledged. Kudos to you all!

Pichu being back means one thing. Pichu's terrible again. :secretkpop:

Ryu looks like Kiryu from Yakuza to me. I dunno why, he just does and I find it hilarious.

Palutena getting buffed is great to see, I love the fact her Tilts are faster and her Specials have been streamlined. Now she can Counter projectiles. PogChamp

I also really like how out of the Stock icons. Sonic's is pretty much the logo of Sonic Team, that is a really cool touch.

Ike seems like he got buffed greatly which I think is fine. His Up Air looks significantly faster, and his Neutral B shoots three pillars in front of him instead of a decently sized explosion.

Doctor Mario has a Spike now which is god damn amazing. And Ganon FINALLY uses his god damn Sword! Took you long enough!

This is just a small handful of stuff, but I'm genuinely happy with this, hopefully we'll see some great stuff from this game in the future, still praying for a Xenoblade 2 representative. Oh, also forgot; Dash Dancing is back in the game and Sakurai plans on nerfing Bayonetta more. :yeahboi:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Hi gorls

Someone in the Smash Ultimate Zelda thread found this and I thought it might interest the few remaining Zelda mains here :secretkpop:
https://youtu.be/9e99Me0NjRw?t=3m21s

If anyone is at all interested in Smash 5 Zelda changes/ideas/thoughts there's some light discussion going on in that forum section

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hi gorls

Someone in the Smash Ultimate Zelda thread found this and I thought it might interest the few remaining Zelda mains here :secretkpop:
https://youtu.be/9e99Me0NjRw?t=3m21s

If anyone is at all interested in Smash 5 Zelda changes/ideas/thoughts there's some light discussion going on in that forum section
Ayy! Larry's turning to Zelda. :yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, that reminded me that the Falco boards were never really active. With Discord, most of the smUsh Falco discussion will probably be there while the smUsh Falco boards here will just exist.

Also, a freebie +Spd, -Atk 4* Hana.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
To give you an answer: I don't know. If you want a general tank, then you have Azama, but that comes at the cost of having very low attack for heals that aren't borderline minimum which are still pretty good since he should still be able to heal in the upper teens with Recover+ and it's only really Rehabilitate+ that suffers on units who aren't at low HP since it's the only heal to have a negative factor. If you want a mage tank who can hit pretty hard and by default comes with Pain+ for its shenanigans, then you have Lucius.

Sakura and Lissa for that matter are in this weird spot of not really excelling in anything where compared to each other, Sakura trades defense and health for speed while Lissa does the opposite. In the past, before upgraded staves and heals were a thing, I would have argued that -Atk Lissa and Sakura could work since they can gain bulk in some way. +Spd, -Atk Lissa is similar to +Spd, -Atk Azama where she's slightly slower and has less health, but has higher raw defense than Azama. Problem is that attack is factored into heals now and Lissa's attack is low and Sakura has a superbane with -Atk dropping her from an average 28 base to a low 24. Azama's attack is pointless, so he can take it, but for them, I feel like you'd try to emulate what he does, but he kind of does it better at least in physical defense or having high bulk, but low speed if you go for +Def or +Res, -Atk.

With Clarine, Elise, Nanna, and Priscilla, they at least have cavalry as something to make them distinct even if Priscilla has the most balanced stats out of them. Bride Lyn and Maria are fast, Genny, Lachesis, Lucius have high attack and high resistance, Serra doesn't have high of an attack like them, but she's fairly fast and has high resistance, and Mist and Wrys specialize in having high resistance even if their other stats are a bit lacking. I don't know, other than the usual Dazzling, Wrathful Staff shenanigans you can pull with all the healers, I don't really know what you could do with Sakura to make her very do something very different from Azama or Lucius. I guess you could go with +Spd on her, but you could have used Maria or Serra instead. +Def, -HP could work if you want her to have good mixed defenses, but you'll have to deal with her low health and healers not gaining any refined staves.
so other than a weird (and probably useless) debuffer set, i can’t think of anything sakura can do that’s different from what lucius and asama are already doing. as much as i like her, i guess there’s really no point in using sakura

so in that case, i’m not sure who i could use instead. i do have a 4*+atk -hp nanna that i could use as my third member. i could also choose wrys since he could go all out on res and be a mage tank, but lucius can kinda do the same thing but with actually usable stats. is there even a healer in the game who can do anything other than a cc set or a generic offensive one?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, they gave Falco a frame 10 Dair, the same as Luigi's whose trailer I also checked and Luigi still has his frame 10 Dair. Why? It seems like everyone will be faster, but Falco's jump is the default highest and unless they change Luigi's Dair's frame data, then Luigi will have a 1 frame spike hitbox to Falco's at least 2, how long it lasted before it was patched to 3 in Smash 4, and probably shorter late hit than Falco's. The major differences would be that Luigi's presumably would have a better auto-cancel window and if not, then 3 less landing lag if it's unchanged which Falco wasn't, still 23, unless he can act out earlier in his landing animation.

Oh, and Falco's ground Blaster recovery was dropped to 28 from 48 in Smash 4. Have fun. :p

It's based on a demo build, but man, they are going all in with smUsh. Competitively, I'm getting the feeling that smUsh isn't going to be about who's busted, but about who's more busted.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This honestly seems like it should be in Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion and not in my recommended videos.

btw can someone tell me why this thing is a meme I don't get it. Is it because his verbal diarrhea sounds like modern low quality rap or what?

Speaking of Spooky's Jumpscare Clustermess, I totally recommend that game since it's a nice free time waster. Especially if you ever had an irrational fear of the Windows maze screensaver. You know, like you were afraid that an eldritch abomination was going to jumpscare you from the darkness of the randomly generated maze so you'd run over and turn off the monitor your dad left on. Well the developers of Spooky somehow made it possible for that fear to no longer be totally irrational.

I hate it, thanks Lag Studios! :secretkpop:

just don't call it smush. imagine asking someone if they wanna smush. lol
idk if "do you wanna smash?" sounded any better tho.

ssbu is so basic so it has to be called smUsh at the very least. Maybe SmashU which would sound like SmashOO... Or like you're trying to say Smash in a horribly offensive Asian-ish accent.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going reformed Zelda mains? :4zelda: (I hope we get the SSBU stock icons soon on this website) :nifty:

Anyway, going to be watching some BBTAG stuff since the ArcLive stream showed off Jubei, Hakumen, Carmine, Vatista, Aegis, Naoto and Yang. They showed off a few unique intros too. :yeahboi:

Intros:
Yukiko/Carmine:
Y: Attacking with your nosebleed? Awesome!
C: No it's NOT! And it's not what I... GOD DAMMIT!

Hakumen/Yu:
Yu: I cannot lose, there are too many people I swore to protect!
H: It is one thing to claim determination, it is another to prove it with your blade.

Nu-13/Vatista:
N: Target determined to be a threat. Requesting arm to reinforcement.
V: The program has reached a conclusion. 87 to 13, 4
Both: Initiating annihilation of the target.

Hakumen/Rachel:
H: This battlefield is not your playground. Begone Harlequinn.
R: My, my. I don't believe you have the authority to give me orders Mr. Hero.

Ruby/Aegis:
R: NO WAAAY! Look at all of these weapons! Ah, so cool!
A: Your eyes are so sparkly, that I'm almost blushing.

Yang/Carmine:
C: Gah... Why am I stuck with someone like you!?
Ya: When this fights over. I'll take you on too. Now c'mon, let's go.

Naoto/Kanji:
K: Hell yeah! Let's get this done!
N: Right, we'll show them our strength!

Outros:
Yang/Carmine:
C: Weak! You're too weak! If I were as weak as you, I'd want to di--OW! The hell was that for?
Ya: Sorry, my hand slipped. Now come on, I'm your next opponent. Once I'm done with you, you'll REALLY want to die. ♪

Yukiko/Carmine:
C: The hell's wrong with you? Most people like you tend to run away screaming after they see me.
Y: You act a little bit like one of my friends, so your behaviour doesn't scare me. Besides, I wouldn't let some harsh language stop me.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Anyone who says SmUsh deserves to main Melee Kirby for the rest of their life

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Maybe we should call it $ma$h, pronounced "cash", because it's definitely going to bring in the money. :p

Or maybe Smult which apparently means lard in a Norwegian dialect.

Edit: I love how the Ultimate Falco boards is already dead.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Maybe we should call it $ma$h, pronounced "cash", because it's definitely going to bring in the money. :p

Or maybe Smult which apparently means lard in a Norwegian dialect.

Edit: I love how the Ultimate Falco boards is already dead.
Furries only care about Fox. What did you expect? :^)))

Actually no, Falco is the kewl boi. His VA is kinda kewldorable too. Wolf is an edgi boi. And Fox is such an annoying loser who deserves this fate:

I hope Spacies are less annoying (by comparison at least lol) in this game and I hope Ike finally gets to use Side-B and Up-B in one aerial session. It never made any sense why those little space turds could use all da B's until the sun went down, but Ike was SoL the moment he used 1. Pick a lane, Sakurai.

:bowser: y r u liek dis sack of rye :mad088:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hope Spacies are less annoying (by comparison at least lol) in this game and I hope Ike finally gets to use Side-B and Up-B in one aerial session. It never made any sense why those little space turds could use all da B's until the sun went down, but Ike was SoL the moment he used 1. Pick a lane, Sakurai.
Yeah, about that...
So, they gave Falco a frame 10 Dair, the same as Luigi's whose trailer I also checked and Luigi still has his frame 10 Dair. Why? It seems like everyone will be faster, but Falco's jump is the default highest and unless they change Luigi's Dair's frame data, then Luigi will have a 1 frame spike hitbox to Falco's at least 2, how long it lasted before it was patched to 3 in Smash 4, and probably shorter late hit than Falco's. The major differences would be that Luigi's presumably would have a better auto-cancel window and if not, then 3 less landing lag if it's unchanged which Falco wasn't, still 23, unless he can act out earlier in his landing animation.

Oh, and Falco's ground Blaster recovery was dropped to 28 from 48 in Smash 4. Have fun. :p

It's based on a demo build, but man, they are going all in with smUsh. Competitively, I'm getting the feeling that smUsh isn't going to be about who's busted, but about who's more busted.
Falco is possibly going to be annoying if he has an actual projectile let alone the presumed universal speed increase making him more mobile, at least horizontally. Fox is Fox even though people say he's weaker than in Smash 4 and I have a feeling they're going the rushdown route with Wolf. He definitely looks faster, at least on the ground, than in Brawl and unlike Falco, he had a working projectile. Assuming he gets the same Side Special treatment that Fox and Falco did, then he'll have two pretty good recoveries with Fire Wolf and Wolf Flash. Fire Wolf was already Fire Bird if it wasn't ****. Also, Wolf would actually have a fast-fall now since in Brawl it only increased his fall speed by 0.1.

Rushdown works with Wolf because it fits his aggressive looks and attitude, but Fox exists and that was his thing since 64. Brawl Wolf felt more like a bulldog who'd pester you and invade your space, but not necessarily overwhelm you like Fox. His shtick was having high aerial mobility to abuse his aerials, Bair, which if he has decent ground speed like around Mario's, would be pretty annoying. He'd only lose out on jump height assuming they don't give him a higher jump than Fox.

That said, everyone seems like they'll be annoying or become even more annoying. Captain Falcon comes to mind, Palutena's dash attack is apparently frame 4 according to their boards, Ike looked hella stupid with how fast he could move and his aerials when ZeRo played him, and Cloud already did that in Smash 4.

Anyway, apparently people are complaining about Snake's butt.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Gorls pls let me know when we move to the new social cause I’m totally not gonna remember to check :drsad:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They gave Fox back his Brawl Reflector startup. It's frame 3 as of the E3 demo build and apparently can do something... I don't know what happened to Sonic. Yay, spacies are going to be more obnoxious! :p

On the bright side, they nerfed Fox Illusion. Its startup is possibly 24 to 25 instead of 21 like in Smash 4 and it can't pass through shields anymore apparently.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Gorls pls let me know when we move to the new social cause I’m totally not gonna remember to check :drsad:
tbh they should just close this thread at the beginning of July 1st and then start the new topic. The last post in this topic and the 1st post in this topic can have a link to the new gorl hangout.

They gave Fox back his Brawl Reflector startup. It's frame 3 as of the E3 demo build and apparently can do something... I don't know what happened to Sonic. Yay, spacies are going to be more obnoxious! :p

On the bright side, they nerfed Fox Illusion. Its startup is possibly 24 to 25 instead of 21 like in Smash 4 and it can't pass through shields anymore apparently.
I hope Naryu's Love gets a speed buff too. It's the laggiest reflect the game. Meanwhile Fox over here with an infi-hold reflect and quick start-up/finish. **** outta here with that mess, Snack Awry.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I hope Naryu's Love gets a speed buff too. It's the laggiest reflect the game. Meanwhile Fox over here with an infi-hold reflect and quick start-up/finish. **** outta here with that mess, Snack Awry.
When I tried checking her Nayru's Love, it looked like it was the same as in Smash 4 on startup. No idea on recovery, though, so it could better in that regard and Nayru's Love in Smash 4 did reflect starting on frame 5 and had invincibility during frames 5-15. Its recovery in that game was 36 frames, but the move lasted for a long time, 59 total frames, so there's that.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Skid Cancelling fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

So with all of this information we got in regards to Zelda and pretty much a ton of characters... This is going to be amazing in my opinion.

Also, on a side note. I've tried out the Octo Expansion, it's pretty fun; going through this different trials and get unlocks along the way if you complete each Line. It's great.

Oh, and the Xenoblade 2 Challenge Arena is out too.

Shulk and Fiora are now "Blades" for this game. And you can unlock them, which is great. It'd be amazing if we also end up getting Reyn and Melia.

Oh, and I feel like Alpharad is probably one of few people that also did a video on My Hero One's Justice, which looks damn fun too. I'm definitely going to get that too.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
*struts ha way into the Zelda Social after 6 months*

Hey gorls! I realised I haven't posted since the start of the new year and have only been making posts in this place periodically now, haha. Hope you sisTerns are all doing well! (I'd imagine y'all would be after the E3 stuff lmao)

As usual I've been preoccupied with work, uni stuff and... cosplay, as usual. :secretkpop: I went to a couple of conventions since my last post here. Didn't take a lot of pics (especially during the April con because I was I was dying in heels lmao) but I had a lot of fun!

I cosplayed Natsuki and received a lot of, uh.... abusive dad jokes. Yikes lmao but I had fun memeing it up with my friends!

I was A2! My outfit here was kinda ratchet because it's A2 anyway lmao I was stupid and didn't give myself enough time to make it, and tried to juggle between this and my uni assignments. A lot I still need to fix but I'm glad I got the opportunity to cosplay my favourite NieR gorl <3

I was found by these two other cosplayers and they were so cute omg

Oh yeah, speaking of cosplay, I'm considering adding Edelgard to my backlog. Maybe I'll even try to get it done for this year's PAX in October. s w e a t s

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
There was a problem fetching the tweet
pls tell me there was some other idiot who started calling it smUsh before me, I don't want to be responsible for this (I'm still gonna call it smUsh sorrynotsorry).

The newest XC2 update is fun. The battle observer keeps track of every unique monster you've taken down and your fastest times for taking each one down. So you can use that as a time attack challenge, or you can use it like me and make it like a checklist for taking down every unique monster in the game. Also challenge mode is flooded with too many memes to handle. Shulk and Fiora are really feeling it, the return of the Ardanian soldiers, and to top it off Tora singlehandedly makes the entire Nopon race go extinct. btw Fiora is insanely broken (Shulk too but he requires at least a little bit of investment before when gets broken, Fiora just needs to exist to break the game). The new outfits all look really nice, except for Zeke's which looks like a failed elementary school art project on the primary colors.

Also Octopath got its newest demo yesterday and I chose Tressa as my starting character. Did anyone else here try it yet?

*struts ha way into the Zelda Social after 6 months*

Hey gorls! I realised I haven't posted since the start of the new year and have only been making posts in this place periodically now, haha. Hope you sisTerns are all doing well! (I'd imagine y'all would be after the E3 stuff lmao)

As usual I've been preoccupied with work, uni stuff and... cosplay, as usual. :secretkpop: I went to a couple of conventions since my last post here. Didn't take a lot of pics (especially during the April con because I was I was dying in heels lmao) but I had a lot of fun!

I cosplayed Natsuki and received a lot of, uh.... abusive dad jokes. Yikes lmao but I had fun memeing it up with my friends!

I was A2! My outfit here was kinda ratchet because it's A2 anyway lmao I was stupid and didn't give myself enough time to make it, and tried to juggle between this and my uni assignments. A lot I still need to fix but I'm glad I got the opportunity to cosplay my favourite NieR gorl <3

I was found by these two other cosplayers and they were so cute omg

Oh yeah, speaking of cosplay, I'm considering adding Edelgard to my backlog. Maybe I'll even try to get it done for this year's PAX in October. s w e a t s
nice sig btw

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
There was a problem fetching the tweet
pls tell me there was some other idiot who started calling it smUsh before me, I don't want to be responsible for this (I'm still gonna call it smUsh sorrynotsorry).
*pat pat*

I used it for, like, a day. But SmashOOO makes more sense.

Calling it just "Ultimate" isn't that smart since it'd mean nothing outside of the Smash community. It'd be more consistent and make more sense to just call it SmashU or SSBU (if you basic af). So with smart people logic, I choose SmashU. SmUsh is also acceptable but also silly because if SmUsh were a video it'd probably be this:

The newest XC2 update is fun. The battle observer keeps track of every unique monster you've taken down and your fastest times for taking each one down. So you can use that as a time attack challenge, or you can use it like me and make it like a checklist for taking down every unique monster in the game. Also challenge mode is flooded with too many memes to handle. Shulk and Fiora are really feeling it, the return of the Ardanian soldiers, and to top it off Tora singlehandedly makes the entire Nopon race go extinct. btw Fiora is insanely broken (Shulk too but he requires at least a little bit of investment before when gets broken, Fiora just needs to exist to break the game). The new outfits all look really nice, except for Zeke's which looks like a failed elementary school art project on the primary colors.
I haven't updated my game since 1.3 and kept it offline on purpose. I'll update for ng+ and get to experience all the awesome things. I finished off on chapter 10 atm and sunk 200+ hours into the first playthrough because Ursula is herself and because I figured maxing out Poppi would be OK. I wish I just skipped all the cutscenes and blindly went through with the game. It'd be more fun for the 2nd playthrough but w/e.

Do you know when the increased difficulty mode will be released? I plan on starting my ng+ around that.

Also Octopath got its newest demo yesterday and I chose Tressa as my starting character. Did anyone else here try it yet?
1) Wazzat?
2) Is it fun?
3) What kinda game(s) is it like?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Bayo nerfs? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

So I got some bad news for those that are getting the EU version of BBTAG.

Apparently, there's an issue with the game that prevents those who have the EU users from doing the following:
- Getting DLC Packs 2 + 3 and the Bundle.
- Joining US and Japanese lobbies and playing with those players.

PQubes is hoping to get it all fixed in 3-4 days. They better, cause I really do wanna play this.

Also, going to be catching up with My Hero Academia as usual.

Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo they released a new Structure Deck. I advise you NOT to get it, it's the only Structure Deck that you cannot purchase with Gems. Which is a huge letdown.

And speaking of which, I decided to change up my Amazoness deck to fit with the banlist that'll be coming in a few days.

Skill: Restart

Monsters:
x2 Amazoness Paladin
x1 Amazoness Queen
x3 Amazoness Princess
x1 Amazoness Swords Woman
x1 Amazoness Sage
x1 Amazoness Baby Tiger
x1 Sphere Kuriboh

Spells:
x2 Cosmic Cyclone
x1 Amazoness Heirloom

Traps:
x1 Powerful Rebirth
x2 Wall of Disruption
x2 Amazoness Willpower
x2 Amazoness Onslaught

This is with the Semi-Limited on the card Enemy Controller and Amazoness Onslaught. I've decided to get rid of my Enemy Controllers in exchange for running 2 Onslaughts, which I think is better for the deck anyway. Since I can always provide protection with cards like Heirloom and Wall of D if I need to. Sure, it does leave them vulnerable to the like of Hey, Vsauce!, and strong monsters like Hermitree; but I've had a run with this in Platinum and it's doing pretty well.

Also, anyone looking forward to My Hero One's Justice coming out in October?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i’ve decided that my healer emblem core is going to be lucius/asama/nanna (may be replaced with elise if i ever pull her). fourth member for pve content will be wrys because i have a +res one now

this next legendary banner has me somewhat nervous. there’s a possibility that la!roy will show up (whom i need to give zero gratia+). i’m only at 100ish orbs rn, so idk if i would be able to pull him. things would be better if he didn’t show up until the july banner.

i’m interested in seeing the palette swaps for the characters that weren’t in smash 4 since i’m pretty sure that all of those characters will be getting at least 1 new palette. i think i remember that orange and blue ice climbers palette was confirmed to return from melee? i think that leaves 1 more new palette for them? this of course goes for the other cut characters (young link, squirtle, ivysaur, pichu, snake. etc.) since they didn’t have 8 palettes for their original smash appearance. i do hope they kinda revamp the palettes for the smash 4 characters too just because it’s boring to keep the same 8.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I noticed that Fire Mario isn’t a palette in the demo, and I dunno if they would just cut one of his more iconic color swaps. Meta Ridley wasn’t there either, so who knows. I’m just hoping they give us a ton, I love pallets swaps
Also Zelda has a TP Zelda alt with brown hair and everything, that’s cool

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Do you know when the increased difficulty mode will be released? I plan on starting my ng+ around that.
Nope, but the last update added in options to make the game easier if you wanted that. :upsidedown: You can now have the game run on autobattle, do the button prompts for specials automatically, and you can make it so that enemies will never engage you, you have to be the one to initiate the fight. You can turn all of this stuff off tho so dw.
1) Wazzat?
2) Is it fun?
You play as a giant octopus who goes around and picks up people to use as pieces in his irl game of chess against the evil gianter octopus! :secretkpop:
...It's another Squeenix RPG made by the same team that made Bravely Default, and this game is really just Bravely Default without actually being named Bravely Default (anything that's like BD is good tho so yh this game is fun). But so far there isn't an Edea clone that says Mrgrgr so that's a point off.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo they released a new Structure Deck. I advise you NOT to get it, it's the only Structure Deck that you cannot purchase with Gems. Which is a huge letdown.
so you warn Buddha but not me? ok lemme just go to a corner and spam pre Ultimate Din's Fire

In other news today was the community even for Pokemon Go, i got 4 shiny Larvitars (<3) and 500+ candies so now i have a TTar, a shiny TTar, a shiny Pupitar, and a shiny Larvitar. They're beautiful

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
kacey musgraves’ album golden hour is so good

i don’t even like country but i’ve been listening to it on repeat for the past couple days

she’s also a super cool person in actuality and is an advocate for causes such as lgbtqa+ rights and legalization

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yay, I can proclaim myself as a Smultimate Falco main on Smashboards! Let the rage begin. :p

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Hey everyone. It's been a while.

How has everyone been? Any major life updates? Anything exciting going on?

I finished the 2nd year of my school counseling grad program in May. I have one more year to go. The 3rd year is my internship year; I'm interning at a local middle school and I'm really excited!

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going trap fans? :nifty::nifty:

so you warn Buddha but not me? ok lemme just go to a corner and spam pre Ultimate Din's Fire

In other news today was the community even for Pokemon Go, i got 4 shiny Larvitars (<3) and 500+ candies so now i have a TTar, a shiny TTar, a shiny Pupitar, and a shiny Larvitar. They're beautiful
My :GCB:. :secretkpop:

Speaking of which, Aster Phoenix has a bug right now in Tag Duels. When he activates his skill, the AI crashes and it doesn't add a Polymerization to his Hand. You have to close the app and choose to Quit the Duel.

This seems to only be against Lv. 50 Aster/Zane.

Also, the game still hasn't given me another of the new UR which I do want, at least I can get one from the EX Card Trader so there's that thankfully. And I'm close to getting Jesse to Lv. 45, so then that way I can run that pretty fun OTK deck involving Crystal Beasts. Looking forward to that.

With all of this talk of Smash Ultimate again. I will admit...

I can see the song Trinity from My Hero Academia being used for a combo video involving either of the following:
- Link, Zelda & Ganondorf (Represent each piece of the Triforce)
- Link, Y. Link & T. Link (Since we got 3 Links. :V)
- Marth, Roy & Lucina (Since Roy was and Lucina is a clone of Marth)

This is the song I'm referring to:
"Trinity - My Hero Academia's 2nd Season OST"

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
How's it going trap fans? :nifty::nifty:

My :GCB:. :secretkpop:

Speaking of which, Aster Phoenix has a bug right now in Tag Duels. When he activates his skill, the AI crashes and it doesn't add a Polymerization to his Hand. You have to close the app and choose to Quit the Duel.

This seems to only be against Lv. 50 Aster/Zane.

Also, the game still hasn't given me another of the new UR which I do want, at least I can get one from the EX Card Trader so there's that thankfully. And I'm close to getting Jesse to Lv. 45, so then that way I can run that pretty fun OTK deck involving Crystal Beasts. Looking forward to that.

With all of this talk of Smash Ultimate again. I will admit...

I can see the song Trinity from My Hero Academia being used for a combo video involving either of the following:
- Link, Zelda & Ganondorf (Represent each piece of the Triforce)
- Link, Y. Link & T. Link (Since we got 3 Links. :V)
- Marth, Roy & Lucina (Since Roy was and Lucina is a clone of Marth)

This is the song I'm referring to:
"Trinity - My Hero Academia's 2nd Season OST"

Ok, I gotta see this combo video when you have it done.

So you guys have any resentment towards the new Zelda?

*pat pat*

I used it for, like, a day. But SmashOOO makes more sense.

Calling it just "Ultimate" isn't that smart since it'd mean nothing outside of the Smash community. It'd be more consistent and make more sense to just call it SmashU or SSBU (if you basic af). So with smart people logic, I choose SmashU. SmUsh is also acceptable but also silly because if SmUsh were a video it'd probably be this:

I haven't updated my game since 1.3 and kept it offline on purpose. I'll update for ng+ and get to experience all the awesome things. I finished off on chapter 10 atm and sunk 200+ hours into the first playthrough because Ursula is herself and because I figured maxing out Poppi would be OK. I wish I just skipped all the cutscenes and blindly went through with the game. It'd be more fun for the 2nd playthrough but w/e.

1) Wazzat?
2) Is it fun?

Smart people logic? Your only point to your smart people logic is “it would mean nothing outside of the community”...neither would Smash U. Smash U would immediately make the casual consumer think it’s the Wii U game, easily. Or Smash U sounds like Smash University or something.

Ultimate would be no different than Melee being called Melee.

Since it’d mean nothing outside of the community? Uhh, that’s not something that’s really up for consideration, because we’re only talking about what the competitive scene should call the game. It’s simple. 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 4, Ultimate.

Top Bottom