• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

If what I read was correct, then don't expect much from the Nintendo direct outside of Smash

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Soon husbando Linus will be available for all gorls to hoard and/or marry. I'll build him for the arena but idk if I'd use him as a serious part of my arena. Oliver is coming back soon too, hopefully that'll bring 2 copies of him instead of just 1. My beautiful boi is only +1. I also pulled F!Morgan somehow so maybe I can give my tome to him? Though defense wise it's probably worse than a Blarraven.

-=not fe stuff tho=-
Studio Killers put out a new song after 2 years so that's nice. Not my favorite song from them but I like it lots still. I think Friday Night Gurus is my favorite from them so far. Pretty sure some of these lyrics are L E W D too but idk I'm jussa frageel babbee.

so the new feh calendar dropped and there are some decent things coming

most exciting thing is probs the fact that we know about a hector banner coming on the 5th. i might be tempted to pull to get DC for F!Corrin so i can use it with the refined dark breath

i’m interested to see what the next seasonal units are going to be. maybe we’ll get another 2 part summer banner thing again?

also ready for the TT starting on saturday. what are the datamined seals? i saw someone mention live to serve being one of the new seals
If it's anything like last year, x2 new Summer Banners and August will have CYL2.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going True Selves? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

So Nintendo's E3 presentation will start in a few hours. I'm hoping for some good stuff.

Mainly stuff on Xenoblade 2, Prime 4, Yoshi, Pokemon, Smash, etc.

And maybe the new Fire Emblem? Since the last time we heard about FE17 was just an announcement of it being developed on the Switch, that's it.

Then again, they're probably just trying to figure what new waifus to add to the game. :secretkpop:

i actually don't know what to expect outside of smash except the leaked games like fortnite so uh, i'll leave myself open to surprises

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
i actually don't know what to expect outside of smash except the leaked games like fortnite so uh, i'll leave myself open to surprises
We'll just have to wait and see. But at least we'll know one thing... Nintendo's will be infinitely better then the trash heap that was EA's. :V

I was about to ask what everyone's Top 10 favourite Pokemon were, but then I remember that I already listed my own a while ago. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Also, in BBTAG news. I found out that Arc Nama will only be focusing on DLC Packs 2, 3 and Yang.

So we sadly won't get anything new on DLC Packs 4 - 6. No sign of Mika, Merkava, Labrys, etc. Maybe during July or August we might see them talk about them.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah, about that Starlink game yesterday, there is a Star Fox starter pack for the Switch: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nks_star_fox_starter_pack_for_nintendo_switch. Maybe there will be some amiibo functionality or maybe there won't be any for the Switch version. Who knows.

It's a small collaboration of something from Nintendo, but I'm at a point where I'd want to see F-Zero and other Nintendo games handled by other developers just to see what would happen. Look, if Nintendo can't figure out what to do with games like F-Zero, then maybe some other company can. Another Capcom collaboration on a Zelda game would be pretty neat too since they helped develop the Oracle games, the GBA version of A Link to the Past & Four Swords, and Minish Cap. This would be hilarious, but a Blizzard collaboration for a Pikmin spin-off in the same vein as a Warcraft or Starcraft game. Watch that actually happen in our lifetime and it end up being a competitive staple.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i’ve decided that i don’t care about arena anymore after IS ruined it, so i’m now going to invest all of my resources into healer emblem

the planned core is lucius/asama/sakura. lucius is going to be offensive with (eventually) pain+/ atk/spd bond/WS/ploy. asama is going to be the typical pain+/cc/guard/savage blow 6

sakura has such a balanced stat distribution that i’m not sure what to do with her, even when it comes to choosing a boon/bane for her, let alone the set.

Ffamran Ffamran Lil Puddin Lil Puddin what do you two think i should do with sakura that lucius and asama don’t already cover?

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
ayy free brazen atk/spd, didn't know linus was coming with it

this is probably the final form of galeforce cordelia
With a hone flier and a brave lucina with drive atk/spd she reaches 77/63 offences with desperation active

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i'm not sure if i understand the new pokemon games. they're spin-offs, right? these are not the "mainline pokemon games on the switch" that were mentioned last e3?

FE16 LOOKS INCREDIBLE. IT'S SO PRETTY. I CANNOT WAIT.

guess that leak was real because overcooked 2 was correctly predicted

still excited for octopath traveler to drop.

THE MAD MEN ACTUALLY BROUGHT BACK EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER WHAT THE ****

I AM SO EXCITED FOR POKEMON TRAINER AND THE ICE CLIMBERS TO COME BACK

WOLF LOOKS AWESOME TOO

not a big fan of zelda's new design tho

i thought smash was dead but i think sakurai managed to save it

THANK ****ING GOD THEY REMOVED THE STAMINA MECHANIC FROM POKEMON TRAINER

rip people who wanted fiora lol

rodin!!!

lol daisy wtf. at least Cenizas Cenizas will be happy now

midna also deconfirmed lol

can't believe they brought back directional air dodges

also nerfs to rolls and perfect shielding

title seems to be Super Smash Brothers: Ultimate

ridley reveal????

LMAO THEY DID IT THEY ADDED RIDLEY

DECEMBER 7 RELEASE DATE

Last edited:

Suicidal_Donuts

Smash Ace
NNID
IfItIsntBryson
GORLS WE GETTING .....the same Zelda. Great, just what I wanted. :secretkpop: As long as they buff her I am happy. I just want her to be viable. Same moveset but obviously a couple changes, noticeably she seems faster in runspeed but that's all I really noticed from the quick Treehouse snippet.

Stage transition loading screens look great. Also, I'm not the only one that's excited for our forgotten princess, Daisy, to join the fray! She's really been getting the shaft lately since Rosalina has come along. Seeing exact point values on percentages also helps a lot. Gravity seems to be increased a decent bit based on some gameplay footage. I hope wavedashing does not return because it's more of a chore to do than it feels fun, but I like directional dodges. There's also a map on the corner of the screen so you can see where you are on the stage when you get out of camera bounds and shows blast lines. Picking stages before characters seems a little strange though. Surprisingly enough Ganon has new smash attacks now but it seems everything else is the same. Link's slight moveset revamps seem pretty good as well.

That's it for now, I'll post more thoughts and observations later. So nice to see some of you again!

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Now we need to ask the important question; who's going to make the new Zelda Social now that the character boards are up?

Edit: The website is up with every character. Also interesting is that every character has their own trailer! And since we're the Zeldas, I watched ha trailer for us. Her trailer seemed to be pretty standard stuff. The phantom is back so Sheik is a separate character again. Also I think her jab had a second hit or something?
Edit 2: TOON LINK'S TRAILER PLAYED TRIFORCE HEROES MUSIC, THEY DID REMEMBER IT!!!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But y Link Between Worlds Zelda tho
I was wondering about that, but she still has her sass, so whatever. I think they might be going for having the Zelda characters representing certain games. Link represents Breath of the Wild, the newest console Zelda game, Ganondorf, young Link, and Sheik represent Ocarina of Time, the first 3D Zelda game, Toon Link represents Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, games with a unique aesthetic, and by having Zelda represent A Link Between Worlds, she might be representing the 2D Zelda games. I'd need a closer look of Sheik's outfit since it looks a bit different, but she might also represent Hyrule Warriors, a spin-off. That said, I hope they have her Twilight Princess outfit and maybe even include her Ocarina of Time and other outfits. Ike gets his PoR and RD appearances, Mario gets his builder and Odyssey outfit, and Link has his Champion's tunic and Hero's clothes in BotW.

I'm really liking the animation changes and touch-ups. Zelda's animations have a different and dynamic feel to them than in Smash 4 which felt like polished Brawl animations which were Melee animations. Donkey Kong is the winner for me since he looks so much more like his DK Country self than the more real, but not real look he had in Brawl and Smash 4, something Bowser had changed in Smash 4 and definitely for the better since it's kind of weird for Bowser to be all monster-y in Smash, but be more of a cartoon supervillain in the main Mario games.

Also, I'm pretty sure that when the Squid Sisters were revealed, Falco suicided. I don't think he even got KO'd by the boy inkling?, but used Fair and moved towards the blast zone and died. Falco's appearances in the video were pretty bad. He landed and did jab 1 and 2 as part of Fox's introduction, showed up to show his slightly different Final Smash where he does a spinning drill with his Arwing, and he's in the middle of getting hit when the Squid Sisters are shown, fires off a laser, gets hit after its recovery, tries to create space with Reflector, gets hit again, does a Fair hitting nobody, and dies off-screen. At some point he also did a Dair and hit nobody.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
The most important part seems to be how they decloned the characters, at least, by their animations. Like Gdork uses his swords instead of his thickly muscular tree trunks. Still no hunky Ganondorf from HW. i cri

idk how to take the Zelda change. She's got the glamour at least. But her animations make it look like she's semi-sadistic lmao. *happily sends someone into another ****ing dimension of pain jajajajaja* I guess they wanted to have a LoZ from each time period, so to speak. Would that make Shiek a Hyrule Warrior's rep?

It seems Peach has been updated and Daisy is a clone of Sm4sh Peach, which is pretty cool. It seems Ridley is a clone of Charizard.

Snake is the husbando skintight suit we've needed forever.

Ike comes in both yaoi and bara style, tyvm Daddy S.

I'm excited to see what they meant by speed-up. I know that means less lag across the board, but I wonder how it will change the characters who had awkward amounts of lag like Greninja, Palutena, Zelda, etc.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I was wondering about that, but she still has her sass, so whatever. I think they might be going for having the Zelda characters representing certain games. Link represents Breath of the Wild, the newest console Zelda game, Ganondorf, young Link, and Sheik represent Ocarina of Time, the first 3D Zelda game, Toon Link represents Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, games with a unique aesthetic, and by having Zelda represent A Link Between Worlds, she might be representing the 2D Zelda games. I'd need a closer look of Sheik's outfit since it looks a bit different, but she might also represent Hyrule Warriors, a spin-off. That said, I hope they have her Twilight Princess outfit and maybe even include her Ocarina of Time and other outfits. Ike gets his PoR and RD appearances, Mario gets his builder and Odyssey outfit, and Link has his Champion's tunic and Hero's clothes in BotW.
I'm not seeing any other appearances for Zelda on the website, and they highlighted the changes for every other character in the Direct so I think it's just gonna be LBW Zelda only. Sheik has her OoT design I believe, but maybe it's the "TP-styled Sheik even though she was never in the game." It def isn't her HW design, I can say that for sure.
In the Treehouse thing, I think they said something along the lines of "in other Smash games, we would have all of the Zelda characters use their design from a single game. This time around, Sakurai chose his favorite designs for each of the fighters." So we got LBW Zelda just because Sakurai likes her. It's his game tho so if that's really the reason then I'm fine with it. :p

Looking a bit more on the website, Alph is still a palette swap for Olimar. Considering they're kinda embracing the "echo fighters" thing you'd think that they would've made him his own character this time around but o well.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ffs this site is running slow for me. Is it running slow for yew gorls too? I assume that's because of all the Smash buzz. Though it's SSB6 not SSB5... So... Like... Sm6sh? 6mash? how2abbreviate without using the actual abbreviation?

We should let Smashboards start the next topic btw. May as well keep up with tradition...
Fuujin Tho.png
Fuujin Tho.png
Fuujin Tho.png

snaaaaaaaake
Don't forget his costume swap that is supposed to reference 2 characters instead of 1.

looks like theres way more hitstop
probably sakurai's way of balancing bayonetta by giving more time to sdi lol
Hitstop is anti-fast tho. I can see if it's for hella powerful hits like Lightning Kick or pretty much anything Ike hits you with, but for little combos... Bleh. I wonder if we'll have an oppertunity to turn it off. Hitstop can ruin game flow, as Fire Emblem Warriors demonstrates.

Also grats on making an absolute monster. I say that knowing full well that Cordelia's art makes her look like a monster. :^)

Well, at least she's not Llyod I guess. I want a Shigure to build with Firesweep, but realized he can't use Wrath. So, like... What do?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The most important part seems to be how they decloned the characters, at least, by their animations. Like Gdork uses his swords instead of his thickly muscular tree trunks. Still no hunky Ganondorf from HW. i cri
His Down Smash looks like Cloud's where he crouches down and hits with the hilt of his sword and slams it back. His Up and Side Smash are brutish-looking which are all right. Up Smash kind of resembles Ike's, but there's not much you can really do if you want a half circle upwards slash like that. They could have given him an uppercut with a sword, but whatever.

But her animations make it look like she's semi-sadistic lmao. *happily sends someone into another ****ing dimension of pain jajajajaja*
I love that about her. Maybe it was unintentional because of the lighting change when characters have their Final Smash auras, but she looks like she's in absolute glee she's going to destroy someone when she uses her Final Smash. Sassy and sadistic. I guess she's Zelda S. :p

Sheik has her OoT design I believe, but maybe it's the "TP-styled Sheik even though she was never in the game." It def isn't her HW design, I can say that for sure.
Yeah, it's not HW, but they added shoulder pads to her which reminds me of BotW's Sheikah armor. Actually, I think they gave Sheik the Sheikah armor. Here's Ultimate Sheik's page: https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/16.html.

I've watched Falco's introductory video and he has a new rapid jab finisher, back roll, and I think sidestep. Also, I think his forward jump is slightly different. His rapid jab, and presumably everyone's rapid jabs since they're much faster, actually looks usuable now. His new finish is a spinning axe kick. What even are you doing, you flappy bird? He and Wolf are probably not sharing roll animations anymore, at least back roll for Falco; Falco does a backwards somersault into a back step sort of like Ike's. I think the back step was what Falco did when he showed up with Fox in the Smash Ultimate part of the Direct. Falco's sidestep change is that he just steps back, sort of like Mario's sidestep, instead of the crouch thing he used to do and Fox probably still does. Blaster's recovery looks much faster, but I'm unsure why they still kept his ability to fire multiple times, especially now that the recovery looks to be shorter. It's not really necessary since for Smash in general, as a 1v1 fighting game or a free-for-all game.

So, remaining things to be confirmed is if Fire Bird is still a piece of steaming **** and worse than Fire Fox and Fire Wolf or whatever Wolf's new Up Special might be, what his Bair might be with Wolf back and him kind of stealing it in Smash 4, and what will the frame data for Dtilt will be. I hope Dtilt is closer to Melee than Smash 4. Losing the disjoint for consistent damage and good knockback is a fair trade-off. He'd lose something that is pretty unfair since the disjoint is massive relative to Smash 4, but he'd gain a fast and more consistently powerful move.

Wolf seems to have gained a new Nair or Fair in his introductory video. Revamped animations were expected since Brawl Wolf's idle was probably built on Fox's and dude coincidentally shared similar animations to Pikachu and Sonic's Nair, Diddy's Dair, Sonic's Uair for for Up Smash. I love that Blaster draw animation. It's like a quickdraw.

Edit: And Falco's Down Smash has a new animation shown as part of the Smash to cancel a dash. I think it's closer to Brawl Fox's which I liked and don't know why they changed it again in Smash 4. Well, I got my wish of it coming back. :p

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
ffs this site is running slow for me. Is it running slow for yew gorls too? I assume that's because of all the Smash buzz. Though it's SSB6 not SSB5... So... Like... Sm6sh? 6mash? how2abbreviate without using the actual abbreviation?
It's slow for me too yeah.
Forget numbers and just call it Smash Ultimate tbh. But that's still too long so... SmUsh.

This new game is now smUsh. No arguing against this is allowed.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Snake and Wolf coming back was the best for me. Worst was definitely the return of ICs and Cloud.
I can’t actually believe that they’re bringing EVERYONE back. That’s so unbelievable.
Unpopular opinion but I’m personally not too interested in Inkling.
Zelda’s redesign is cute but less sassy looking than the TP Incarnation.
Cannot wait for the invitational tournament now!
Also, since Pichu is coming back, that might mean that Jigglypuff will actually get buffed since they can’t say “Oh she’s just the joke character of the game” anymore.
I’m also curious how they will separate the play styles of the three Links.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I kinda lost interest in this game now. The only thing that can revive my hype is if at least, say, ten newcomers (not counting echoes) are revealed. That's not looking hot though.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
rosalinda has a new nair where she spins her wand in a circle

it also looks like peach's dtilt is now a sweeping kick instead of the ***** slap

i'm interested to know exactly how they changed each character. i assume bayo/cloud/zss/whoever else will get nerfed in some fashion

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I just saw Palutena's introductory video and the first thing they showed was her tilts being faster in startup and recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yD_B4ZkdME. They knew. Also, it seems like everyone's recovery is way lower than in the previous games. Ally said that Ike's aerials have little to no landing lag and someone said his aerial mobility is really good. It seems like the direction for smUsh is to make everyone faster and stronger, but mostly faster at least in recovery.

I'm not sure now. I was expecting Falco if they had introduced him in the trailer to be meh, but they introduced everyone from the previous games, the Inklings, and Riddles Ridley. I'm torn if I want to play Palutena, Snake, Wolf, and Zelda. Snake and Zelda in particular fight in ways I'm not so keen on, something Samus shares. There's also the physics differences. There's a reason why I stuck with Falco even though he's garbage in Smash 4; I like fast fallers. At the same time, smUsh's new designs for some of the characters have turned me away from them like Ganondorf looks a bit weird and I think I just prefer his Twilight Princess look more than his other appearances and Ike and ZSS look off, especially ZSS's face compared to in Smash 4. Even Wolf's face looks a bit weird compared to Fox's and Falco's.

Falco's ironically the only character I'm locked in on. And this is a character who has caused me so much grief ever since I decided to take an in-depth look at him. So far, it's looking all right. It better be because goddamn, four goddamn games and he's still busted in some dumbass way? I think I'm leaning towards Falco, Palutena, and Wolf. Wolf at least I can probably just play competently like with Fox. I'll mess around with Zelda and Snake will be always be the fun character.

Edit: Apparently perfect pivots are gone and you can tech grabs: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8qm712/void_extended_vanish_is_in_you_can_tech_grabs/.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
rosalinda has a new nair where she spins her wand in a circle

it also looks like peach's dtilt is now a sweeping kick instead of the ***** slap

i'm interested to know exactly how they changed each character. i assume bayo/cloud/zss/whoever else will get nerfed in some fashion
I saw Alpharad on Twitter say that Bayo still feels mostly the same, carrying someone up to the top and KOing them is still a thing. Of course that could get changed for release but as of now, no nerfs for her.
Someone did point out that Bayo got a buff for free-for-alls. If she activates witch time on someone, and someone else attacks her while she's still doing her backflip, they'll get witch timed too.
For ZSS, from her trailer she was able to down b like 6 times in a row. Did wall jumps reset the counter for that, because that's the only explanation I could think of (unless she really can endlessly down b, because in that case there's another buff [Edit: Just watched it again and she didn't wall jump until the end of her 6 down b's, so yeah she can just spam that now I guess lmao]).

And why nerf Cloud when Cloud is bad. :secretkpop: (More edits yay: I'm seeing some people say that his Limit goes away if you don't use it for 15 seconds lul)

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Holy shist i'm finally back! had problems with my account.

ok some things to answer:

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo I got to leve 24 and had a massive lose streak that killed my motivation in KC :mad088:

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin would you beleive me if i said that i have little to no sexual attraction for Camilla? I like her either for how ridiculous she is or just how consistently powerful she is in all her appearance

Also Swordfighter looks lit

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wait if Ryu is always facing the opponent, then how will his back air work? Will it just be useless in 1-v-1's?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait if Ryu is always facing the opponent, then how will his back air work? Will it just be useless in 1-v-1's?
I don't think he can use Bair in 1v1 and his "backwards run" is a series of fast back steps. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure someone played Ryu and confirmed those things. I'm not sure how he'll deal with cross-ups since I don't know if smUsh will have auto-correct anti-air specials like in SFV. So, if Ryu inputs a Shoryuken and his opponent jumps over him, it would turn around and hit his opponent because of the need for opponents to always face each other in traditional, 1v1 fighting games. That's if you input it at the correct time. Do it too early, you'll Shoryuken in front of you and miss your target and do it too late, well, you better hope your opponent was bluffing with a cross-up attack.

Granted, people said that the representatives were encouraging feedback, so this will hopefully be addressed. What they could do is somehow allow Ryu to disengage and engage what's basically a lock-on by pressing the analog stick or some other button. Problem with using the analog stick is that you can't do that on the GC controller and I don't know if the Switch controllers have pressable analog sticks. And the other problem with using buttons is that there might not be enough buttons.

Another idea is for Ryu to actually Bair forward. By that, I mean if say, you hold forward and Bair, Ryu will do a Bair in that direction, but if you don't hold forward, then his Bair hits normally. It's not the greatest of solutions and people might take offense to Ryu players not needing to learn how to do pivot/RAR Bairs.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Idk what you gorls are talking about the new Zelda looks beautiful
Also I’m hype as **** about Young Link and Pichu and Ice Climbers and Wolf
Basically everyone they brought back. The renders for everyone looks so good
This game looks sick, I’m a big fan of pretty much all of it. I’m fine with only a few newcomers since so many are coming back. Maybe they’ll be able to make a story mode this time too

Other than smash, the Direct was alright. Super hype about Xeno 2 DLC and FE. Also apparently the Xeno 2 DLC is getting a physical release which is strange, but I’ll take it to save on memory :p

idk how to take the Zelda change. She's got the glamour at least. But her animations make it look like she's semi-sadistic lmao. *happily sends someone into another ****ing dimension of pain jajajajaja* I guess they wanted to have a LoZ from each time period, so to speak. Would that make Shiek a Hyrule Warrior's rep?

It seems Peach has been updated and Daisy is a clone of Sm4sh Peach, which is pretty cool. It seems Ridley is a clone of Charizard.

Snake is the husbando skintight suit we've needed forever.

Ike comes in both yaoi and bara style, tyvm Daddy S.

I'm excited to see what they meant by speed-up. I know that means less lag across the board, but I wonder how it will change the characters who had awkward amounts of lag like Greninja, Palutena, Zelda, etc.
How tf does Ridley look like a clone of Charizard?

Edit: OH YEAH idk if you gorls heard but DINS FIRE NO LONGER CAUSES FREE FALL
THE CURSE IS BROKEN

I don't think he can use Bair in 1v1 and his "backwards run" is a series of fast back steps. I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure someone played Ryu and confirmed those things. I'm not sure how he'll deal with cross-ups since I don't know if smUsh will have auto-correct anti-air specials like in SFV. So, if Ryu inputs a Shoryuken and his opponent jumps over him, it would turn around and hit his opponent because of the need for opponents to always face each other in traditional, 1v1 fighting games. That's if you input it at the correct time. Do it too early, you'll Shoryuken in front of you and miss your target and do it too late, well, you better hope your opponent was bluffing with a cross-up attack.

Granted, people said that the representatives were encouraging feedback, so this will hopefully be addressed. What they could do is somehow allow Ryu to disengage and engage what's basically a lock-on by pressing the analog stick or some other button. Problem with using the analog stick is that you can't do that on the GC controller and I don't know if the Switch controllers have pressable analog sticks. And the other problem with using buttons is that there might not be enough buttons.

Another idea is for Ryu to actually Bair forward. By that, I mean if say, you hold forward and Bair, Ryu will do a Bair in that direction, but if you don't hold forward, then his Bair hits normally. It's not the greatest of solutions and people might take offense to Ryu players not needing to learn how to do pivot/RAR Bairs.
Afaik he can always bair, but once he hits the ground he turns around
Maybe they’ll make some sort of scenario where there’s an exception and he can turn idk

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Afaik he can always bair, but once he hits the ground he turns around
Maybe they’ll make some sort of scenario where there’s an exception and he can turn idk
I meant he can't do pivot Bairs in 1v1 which everyone can and he used to be able to do so in Smash 4. He can always use Bair, but the lock-on will always make him hit behind him which isn't useful.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
btw Fuujin started a new social but then got banned and the thread was locked, rip.
Idk what you gorls are talking about the new Zelda looks beautiful
I don't think any of us are saying she isn't fanTastic, it's more of just... why that Zelda? She did p much nothing in LBW and you saw her for maybe 10 seconds throughout the entire game. Not to mention that LBW wasn't really a big or important game in general.
But I did find the part I was talking about earlier now that we have the VODs. (25:30 of this video, "In the past, we've made it so all of the Zelda-related characters are all from the same game. But this time we've spread it out, so I picked out what I really liked.") So yeah the reason is just that Sakurai likes LBW Zelda.
I'm really growing on her now, it was more of a surprise imo. Most of us expected BotW Zelda, but maybe they would've kept TP Zelda for a third time, or maybe they'd say forget all of that and go with SS Zelda since she had a unique design among the Zeldas and she was a really important character in her game. But I don't think anyone was expecting her LBW self to be the one that got picked. But we got a reason and it's a perfectly fine reason so I'm really excited to see more of her now!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Geez, they made Ike fast. Everyone looks faster and ZeRo was playing him, but damn, did they get lucky with his speed level ups or something?

So, with the other, non-Smash stuff. I don't know how to feel about Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The one thing I love about it is that when you fight, you see an army or at least the character's squadron. It was probably technical limitations at the time, but it felt odd in the previous games, especially ones where it's implied you and the enemy have large armies, you couldn't see any of the random grunts. In cutscenes you can like in SoV, but not in actual gameplay. There are armies fighting each other and it's probably happening in the background, but to see it actually happen makes it look so much more believable I guess. The iffy part is that main character or lord guy. His face looks sort of like Chrom and Marth again. His hair isn't blue, but they could have used any other shade of color and made his outfit work with it, but nope, here's this teal-haired lord who uses a sword as his primary weapon again. I was hoping for a lance or axe lord or even a mage or archer one. A lord with facial hair would be cool too. His coat cape is stupid too. Damn sleeves will catch onto something and oops, he's dead. Edelgard being an axe and sword gorl is cool, though.

Ffamran Ffamran Ffamran Ffamran Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Lil Puddin Lil Puddin what do you two think i should do with sakura that lucius and asama don’t already cover?
To give you an answer: I don't know. If you want a general tank, then you have Azama, but that comes at the cost of having very low attack for heals that aren't borderline minimum which are still pretty good since he should still be able to heal in the upper teens with Recover+ and it's only really Rehabilitate+ that suffers on units who aren't at low HP since it's the only heal to have a negative factor. If you want a mage tank who can hit pretty hard and by default comes with Pain+ for its shenanigans, then you have Lucius.

Sakura and Lissa for that matter are in this weird spot of not really excelling in anything where compared to each other, Sakura trades defense and health for speed while Lissa does the opposite. In the past, before upgraded staves and heals were a thing, I would have argued that -Atk Lissa and Sakura could work since they can gain bulk in some way. +Spd, -Atk Lissa is similar to +Spd, -Atk Azama where she's slightly slower and has less health, but has higher raw defense than Azama. Problem is that attack is factored into heals now and Lissa's attack is low and Sakura has a superbane with -Atk dropping her from an average 28 base to a low 24. Azama's attack is pointless, so he can take it, but for them, I feel like you'd try to emulate what he does, but he kind of does it better at least in physical defense or having high bulk, but low speed if you go for +Def or +Res, -Atk.

With Clarine, Elise, Nanna, and Priscilla, they at least have cavalry as something to make them distinct even if Priscilla has the most balanced stats out of them. Bride Lyn and Maria are fast, Genny, Lachesis, Lucius have high attack and high resistance, Serra doesn't have high of an attack like them, but she's fairly fast and has high resistance, and Mist and Wrys specialize in having high resistance even if their other stats are a bit lacking. I don't know, other than the usual Dazzling, Wrathful Staff shenanigans you can pull with all the healers, I don't really know what you could do with Sakura to make her very do something very different from Azama or Lucius. I guess you could go with +Spd on her, but you could have used Maria or Serra instead. +Def, -HP could work if you want her to have good mixed defenses, but you'll have to deal with her low health and healers not gaining any with refined staves.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Lorde Lorde sorry sis didn't see the healer thing. If Lucius is your dmg gorl, then your healer should have Wings of Mercy and probably something defensive for her A slot. And of course Hone Speed or Hone Attack while using another buff seal. As for the staff idk which is best on her since her atk is weird. I guess Recover+ still works, but Rehab+ is good for the glass cannons that don't utilize Desperation/have to go again/whatever.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin would you beleive me if i said that i have little to no sexual attraction for Camilla? I like her either for how ridiculous she is or just how consistently powerful she is in all her appearance

Also Swordfighter looks lit
Touching a tiddy doesn't have to be sexual tho. :^)

Don't worry gorls, I did it.
View attachment 147961
B R A V E S T • O F • G O R L S

btw Fuujin started a new social but then got banned and the thread was locked, rip.
They should've at least left the topic open.

I don't think any of us are saying she isn't fanTastic, it's more of just... why that Zelda? She did p much nothing in LBW and you saw her for maybe 10 seconds throughout the entire game. Not to mention that LBW wasn't really a big or important game in general.
But I did find the part I was talking about earlier now that we have the VODs. (25:30 of this video, "In the past, we've made it so all of the Zelda-related characters are all from the same game. But this time we've spread it out, so I picked out what I really liked.") So yeah the reason is just that Sakurai likes LBW Zelda.
I'm really growing on her now, it was more of a surprise imo. Most of us expected BotW Zelda, but maybe they would've kept TP Zelda for a third time, or maybe they'd say forget all of that and go with SS Zelda since she had a unique design among the Zeldas and she was a really important character in her game. But I don't think anyone was expecting her LBW self to be the one that got picked. But we got a reason and it's a perfectly fine reason so I'm really excited to see more of her now!
What I liked about Zelda was her style in general. She was basically a magical gorl, without the over-sexualized magi-ho OR cutesy moe witch. She was a stone cold diva with a lot of glitter and even more sass. So that made her very different from the norm. This new Zelda is leaning towards cutesy territory, but doesn't seem dangerously close to becoming a gross moe blob. She still seems like a classy lady. There might be some sass left somewhere.

Since we can't have 1000% Sass Zelda, I hope she's similar to Peach at least. Peach is a magical princess stereotype except there's a difference! Those other magical princesses fight with all their UGUU ♥s, Peach ain't fighting tho. The gorl is just skipping around, dancing, and practicing how to double-hand flip pancakes... But those dumb heauxes keep getting in her way smh. WFT is also pretty hilarious in that way too since the gorl is literally just doing yoga and heauxes get destroyed.

At the end of the day, at least we still have Sassonetta for our hardcore sassing needs. Hopefully she gets balanced.

Top Bottom