• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Wow what a mood. I haven't checked in to the Danganronpa community since December or so but considering how people acted about the 2 spoiler thumbnails in Lucah's recent videos, it hasn't changed at all it seems.
The character in my avatar is sexist trash when the worst thing he said was "I don't think weapons suit women." Meanwhile there's like 3 other characters in the same game that could actually be considered sexist but 2 of them are waifus and you aren't allowed to attack any DR waifu, and the third is the most popular guy in the game so you'll be run over by an angry mob if you say anything. :upsidedown:

Enough negativity, moving on! New Symm looks great now that we can see/play the changes ourselves. Altho I will say that I originally thought that her ult would last indefinitely until someone broke it instead of just being up for 10 seconds, but that's still fantastic. You could do some really hilarious things with her turrets if the changes go live (and they most likely will). She also seems more fun to play against since playing hide-&-seek with her old ult could get really annoying.
btw the Anniversary event ends on Tuesday right?
Like, the worst thing Blake says in her interactions is stuff like “You don’t know what I had to go through” in reference to the battle she and Ragna just had where Ragna didn’t pay attention to what she was doing or where she was when he was fighting. Or how she doesn’t take Jin’s **** since he’s unfairly mean to everyone (which this one guy kept defending and kept calling anyone who defended Blake delusional)

Idk gorl. YouTube comments still haven’t changed and probably never will

Last edited:

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
I just picked blake as my second character since she allows chie to get 17k damage midscreen using 4 bars and cross combo which is enough to kill pretty much everyone at full health

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Like, the worst thing Blake says in her interactions is stuff like “You don’t know what I had to go through” in reference to the battle she and Ragna just had where Ragna didn’t pay attention to what she was doing or where she was when he was fighting. Or how she doesn’t take Jin’s **** since he’s unfairly mean to everyone (which this one guy kept defending and kept calling anyone who defended Blake delusional)

Okay well if you're going off then I'm gonna need to go off too
Kaito in the first chapter of the game (before anybody has been killed yet so this isn't really spoiling anything if you ever decide to play this terrible awful wonderful game) decides to take a small team of students to battle Monokuma so they could escape. There's 8 girls and 7 other guys to choose from, and his team ends up having 4 girls and 3 guys (and that's including himself, so only 2 other guys). So if you're translating "I don't think weapons suit women" into "women can't fight" or "women are too weak to fight" or something else then why would he make a team to fight Monokuma that mostly consists of girls???? Also the 2 people closest to him are Shuichi and Maki and he treats both of them with nearly the same respect and kindness so......... ugh

Meanwhile, Tenko has to explicitly remind everyone that she hates males every 5 seconds or else she will instantly stop breathing. Kirumi is the Ultimate Maid, and she doesn't do anything wrong herself, but the fact that she's a maid and her entire character is just "i am maid, i help my master, the only feelings i have are the satisfaction of fulfilling my master's commands" leaves a bad taste (I really wanted to see her break down and completely change her personality halfway through the game but it never happened, rip). And Kokichi, who I can't quote since BJN will sTeal my soul if I do because of all of the colorful language he spits out, but he gets away with it all because "he's so smol and cute!!" and "oh he's gay so it's fine if he's rude to every girl". [Important sidenote: here is an extremely cursed video of his VA saying YAS QUEEN. The most cursed thing about it is that it's exactly something he would say.]

I'm trashing these characters so much but I really love the V3 characters I promise. Except for Korekiyo maybe but he's top tier meme material so he has that going for him.

And yeah I still get quite a few comments on my videos even though I don't upload much anymore and most of them are reeeeeeeally bad. I think my favorite one came in about a month ago and was something along the lines of "You think the Spinner is the best lightning weapon? You clearly haven't played the Crossbows." and......... the Crossbows aren't even a lightning weapon??? Huh? I mean let's just convert that over to some other games:
"You think Bayonetta is the best Sm4sh character? You clearly haven't played Ice Climbers."
"You think the E-Liter 3K is the best Splatoon 1 weapon? You clearly haven't played the Clash Blaster."
"You think Kangaskhan has the best mega evolution? You clearly haven't seen Alolan Exeggutor."
Yes thank you for your valuable input, I enjoyed the use of "clearly" and how it states that I - without a doubt - have no knowledge on this specific weapon because of my unrelated opinion of a completely different weapon.

O yeah and I also got a comment this morning, something about Ghirahim's butt, idk. I don't understand the context behind it and I'm the one that made the video. help.

Whew, that made me feel better! Moving on... Gunnthra won. Wot.
ᴡᴏᴛ.
Team Alf had TipScaleGirl, NtInSmashMan, and ippers. How did we lose with these 3 legends on our side. :<

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just saw dis yay:

I like OR3O's voice but her electro-swing music tracks are really nice. Still pop-ish, but different because it's also jazz-ish. In other random and probably unimportant news, I found out that Reese's smashed all their candy-types into one thing called Reese's TRULY TRULY TRULY Outrageous Candy Bars and I've eaten an entire bag of them. help me pls i cannot stop

SPIDER-MAN INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE IS LOOKING AMAZING OH MY GOD
The style looks amaaaaaazing ♥

I'm used to having just 1 good Super Hero/Anti-Hero/etc movie per year but looks like there will be 3 this year if The Incredibles 2 is good. I hope either of these movies spiral into their own Netflix/TV series, but more so Spiderverse over The Incredibles. As for the other good movie, it was Deadpool 2. I really loved Domino in that movie. I also enjoyed how they turned chain reaction gimmicks (staple for lame Final Destination movies) and made it into something fun/worth watching. Domino is the best gorl.

Whew, that made me feel better! Moving on... Gunnthra won. Wot.
ᴡᴏᴛ.
Team Alf had TipScaleGirl, NtInSmashMan, and ippers. How did we lose with these 3 legends on our side. :<
I wish Alphusbando won. Then again, Gunny could use the win considering she's done nothing but lose the very moment she appeared lol. Ha hair, ha clothes, ha story, ha stats, ha BBQ - the gorl just couldn't catch a break.

Also, after finding out that Kaito shares his VA with Frederick your signature makes a lot more sense now. Knowledge is power. Kaito's apparently some energetic and positive dude-bro? He is also purple-ish and purple is the best color tbh. So I can see why he is a top tier husbando. :^)

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
What's poppin' Gen 8 in 2019 fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

Got up a bit late, but these things tend to happen. Oh well.

Gonna check out the rest of the BBTAG Tournament and hopefully find some neat combos with some of the characters from the VODs and combo guides.

Waiting two weeks for this game is probably gonna be hell... but at least we got E3 this weekend. :yeahboi:

Looking forward to the Nintendo Presentation and what characters are going to be in Smash Switch Invitational.

Also, I've now made a Noble Knights deck; while it does have 2 URs, so it is kind of expensive since they're both from a Main BOX, but this is what I ran.

Duelist: ---
Skill: Restart

Monsters:
x1 Noble Knight Medraut
x2 Noble Knight Drystan
x3 Noble Knight Peredur
x3 Noble Knight Gwalchavad

Spells:
x1 Nobleman of Crossout
x1 Mage Power
x2 Storm
x3 Glory of the Noble Knights
x1 Noble Arms - Arfeudutyr
x1 Noble Arms - Gallatin
x1 Noble Arms of Destiny

Traps:
x1 Treacherous Trap Hole

I have had a solid run with this in Ranked; but due to the LP count being 5000, it's a bit tough getting it to work; plus, needing the Spells to make the Noble Knights work.

But once they get going, they can easily get a field wipe with thanks to Arfeudutyr, Storm and Drystan. With all help clear backrow and with Crossout, can really stop Sylvans.

However, while this can be a strong deck; I have done misplays with the deck and struggled with it due to bricking or just getting denied. But hopefully I can make it to KOG with this deck. Cause it's pretty fun. If I can't I'll make some adjustments and use one I saw on Reddit.

Duelist: ---
Skill: Restart

Monsters:
x1 NK Medraut
x3 NK Drystan
x1 NK Peredur
x2 NK Bedwyr

Spells:
x2 Enemy Controller
x3 Glory of the NKs
x2 NA Arfeudutyr
x2 NA Gallatin
x2 NA of Destiny
x2 Storm

This was ironically used to climb up WCS to DLv. MAX. I'll see if I can make it useful in Ranked, dunno though.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think I’m gonna focus on maining Blake in Blazblue. Her moveset has clicked with me the most out of the three RWBY girls we can play rn. Just not sure if I should have Ruby as the partner or try someone else.
Please pick anyone other than Ruby. It feels like 90% of teams are running her.

See, your problem was reading them to begin with.

Also, I've now made a Noble Knights deck; while it does have 2 URs, so it is kind of expensive since they're both from a Main BOX, but this is what I ran.
Out of curiosity, where are you and Antonykun Antonykun in KC at the moment?

I got knocked back down to Tier 23 last night, and all I've managed to learn from it is that Spellbook Players deserve a rot in a special type of hell.

I can deal with OTK decks. A lot of it is based off of starting hand and sometimes it's bull****, but it's not so bad in DLs yet. D-Heroes being able to summon multiple 3000 ATK monsters on command that can attack directly is bull****, but at least it's fast and uses up the hand.
I can deal with stall decks. They require thinking ahead where you have to figure out what they're doing, play conservatively, and because they're so long you get you utilize your entire deck.

What I can't deal with are OTK stall decks. Losing by turn 3 should not take more time than playing a 36 turn duel against a stall deck.

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
https://gfycat.com/AcrobaticQuarterlyKawala
going for a meterless ender still gives me 15k and the combo is way easier in the corner

blake just seems like a better gordeau tbh
same dumb range but with actual lows and mixups

the only thing gordeau really has on her is his damage but everyone does so much damage that its not really a factor and he has a bit easier time anti airing

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i accidentally won the vg??? i only picked gunnthrá because i thought she would lose to the new ryouma alt wtf

at least i got a free 1.5k feathers for the wins

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

See, your problem was reading them to begin with.

I got knocked back down to Tier 23 last night, and all I've managed to learn from it is that Spellbook Players deserve a rot in a special type of hell.

I can deal with OTK decks. A lot of it is based off of starting hand and sometimes it's bull****, but it's not so bad in DLs yet. D-Heroes being able to summon multiple 3000 ATK monsters on command that can attack directly is bull****, but at least it's fast and uses up the hand.
I can deal with stall decks. They require thinking ahead where you have to figure out what they're doing, play conservatively, and because they're so long you get you utilize your entire deck.

What I can't deal with are OTK stall decks. Losing by turn 3 should not take more time than playing a 36 turn duel against a stall deck.
Yeah I kinda noticed. I just wanted to keep it in the RWBY gorls and Weiss hasn’t clicked with me. But I’ve tried Blake/Orie and they seem great together. That’s probably a common team too though
I hope I like Yang, she looks fun

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Weiss 5a is the goat

Chie level 3 looks dumb af. I saw her throw does 6k alone.

Been playing Weiss/Linne but I'm waiting for Yang. Only day 2 though, but both characters are starting to feel comfortable. I'm super bad at air combo>jump cancels though ;_;

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I just discovered the OW Reddit has just as much magical content as FEH and this makes me happy.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also, after finding out that Kaito shares his VA with Frederick your signature makes a lot more sense now. Knowledge is power. Kaito's apparently some energetic and positive dude-bro? He is also purple-ish and purple is the best color tbh. So I can see why he is a top tier husbando. :^)
Just realized that I haven't obsessed over him that much over here so I'm gonna change that rn.
It's now waifu/husbando show-&-tell at the Zelda Social, it's not like there's much else happening now anyways thanks to maintenance.
If you know anything about Kamina from Gurren Lagann, Kaito is basically his twin brother that watches Eric Andre and asked the important question of "what if I was purple?" and here we are. Becoming purple made him better ofc. They even share the same VA too. Seriously Kyle Hebert is a legend for so many iconic quotes. "Believe in the me that believes in you!" "Who the hell do you think I am?" "Pick a god and pray!" "The impossible is possible, all you gotta do is make it so!" "I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!" He also voiced Valbar from Echoes but he's sorta lacking in good quotes.

Anyways uh, Kaito! He's a happy astronaut guy that just wants everyone to stop being so depressed! He joined NASA before even graduating high school by... forging a college diploma. But even after finding out, they liked him enough anyways and let him stay (see, everyone likes him). He spends most of the game trying to make the cast work together, and also emotionally supports everyone because I'm pretty sure anyone would need help in a situation like that. He spends most of his screentime helping Shuichi and Maki to be more confident with themselves since both of them are introvert shutins.
If you don't like him then you don't like happiness. I'm sorry but that's just how it is. I mean, you can't be angry at a powerful quote like this:
Life's not just some thing! You can't trade it or put a price on it! And your life doesn't just belong to you. It's for your parents, your grandparents, your friends, even your neighbors. It's not something you can just decide to throw away on your own. So we didn't do the wrong thing! Life's purpose is to be lived! As long as you stay alive, anything's possible. You can even go to the stars... So I'm just gonna go ahead and say it! I wanna live! I haven't even traveled to space yet. There's no way in hell I'm gonna die here!
Then there's the five months of daily avatars I've been doing on LINE and I'm prob going to continue throughout the entire year. It's fun, I see why EODM does ha daily yuri.

btw his jacket is cool so that's a plus
Also I haven't mentioned this here yet but I'm also going to my first con in September and I'm gonna be cosplaying Kaito so that'll be fun.

....Is the maintenance over yet? Can I play dress-up now?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Well this is... what, my 6th 5 star I've gotten from a free summon? Anyways it was Karla this time. +HP -Spd so right over to the fodder pile you go. And I think I know just who to give Even Spd Wave to... tbh even if she was +Spd -HP I'd still probably use her as fodder, the bad IV's just makes it easier to do so.

Edit: Whoa, Kaze is in the standard summoning pool now, and at 3*-4* too! Well rip anyone who folded off a NY!Takumi for his mochi yet again. Also I'll just use this as a quick reminder that Kaze has Atk Smoke available at 4 stars, so have fun slapping that onto pretty much everyone.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going E3 has now officially started fan? :nifty:

Good thing I'm not maining Ruby. Sticking with Gordeau/Rachel. :yeahboi:

Speaking of which, people have been datamining the Steam version; and found a bunch of stuff related to it.

For one, a bunch of characters that got leaked as DLC are incomplete.

I'll leave them in a spoiler incase anyone wants to check out the information, I'll also leave a link to the Twitter page that has the info:

Yang Xiao Long:
  1. She is in the game, however she is incomplete; she has her Astral just without the effects, same goes with her Supers.
  2. Yang also has some Dev Notes underneath her as well, this will most definitely get removed when she becomes available on the 19th.
Mika:
  1. Mika is VERY incomplete. Her Supers are buggy and don't function properly. But you can hear her Eng Dub for the first time.
  2. She's also missing a bunch of animations, from getting hit and some attacking animations too.
Lobby Avatars:
  1. There are a bunch of these that got datamined. So I'll list them here.
  2. Merkava, Yuzuriha, Vatista, Carmine and Mika for the Under Night side.
  3. Labrys, Naoto, Akihiko, Mitsuru and Aigis for Persona 4 Arena.
  4. Mai, Izayoi, Hakumen, Nine and Jubei for Blazblue
  5. Yang for RWBY. And of course, we got Pakumen and Terumen as chibi avatars too.
Misc stuff:
  1. There has been some more datamined stuff about the Senran Kagura cast. Again, listings of Asuka and Yumi, they also list them in a set of text after the RWBY cast; same goes with their Tactics Mode listing too, they listed after the RWBY cast. So potentially we can see them make it in?

Ehm's Tweets related to BBTAG Datamining.
BBTAG News' Twitter feed, has images of datamined Lobby Avatars.

I am currently sitting at DLv. 21 with Noble Knights, I did climb up earlier with Amazoness, but I wanted to try and change things up by going with a different deck, and while I do have a guilty pleasure and do find Amazoness decks kind of fun; I feel like Noble Knights are now a big favourite of mine; they're soooo much fun to play.

Would that hell be the same one that Sylvans belong into? Since they're pretty much scummy af to deal with, whenever they're drawing cards; I just mock them with the taunts that comment on how long they take. Such as "I'll use this time calculate more dueling equations.", "If I knew how long it'd take for you to make a move, I woulda brought a magazine!" and "Go already, guppy!" :secretkpop:

While I do not like facing Spellbooks; they at least have to think of what Spellbook to draw instead of Sylvans where they have to use their nonexistent IQ to make plays. :secretkpop:

I'm fine with OTK decks myself, since they just wanna get a match done and move on. Stall/Burn decks can just rot, I genuinely hate those kinds of players, like Sylvans, I find them to be very scummy. Thankfully from what I've played, NK Drystan hard counters them; one Chazz Stall player tried to Massivemorph on my Medraut, but because of Drystan's effect, he couldn't select it as a target and was forced to select Drystan which I was so happy for. Plus, the fact that Drystan can easily get rid of Temple of the Mind's Eye is even better thanks to the Noble Arms spells. Plus, if you get out a Drystan whilst you're Lava Golem'd, you can just get rid of it which is great thanks to the NA Equips.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
when the husbandos are so fine and you can't S support just 1 so you go from pure gorl to straight up heaux
Have you heard the new characters' voices yet? Canas reminds me of Otacon as a goofy, awkward nerd and his voice actor is also Fox's in Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins, Legault's is just damn, just damn, and Linus's English voice works to make him sound young and hot-headed in contrast to his brother Lloyd. Japanese Linus sounds weird to me. Dude sounds like he's the older brother or even uncle to Lloyd. Allegra Clark's performance as Karla makes me think she would be a perfect fit as Samus's voice actor if they ever have her talk again in a future Metroid game. She's also the voice actress for Josephine in Dragon Age: Inquisition. And Nino is Nino. Big sister Florina is also a thing.

So, Dead or Alive 6 was announced for PC, PS4, and Xbox One and for a 2019 release: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/0...ps4-xbox-one-pc-via-steam-early-2019-release/. Maybe it was unrelated, but DoA5: LR getting official support as a side tournament at EVO 2018 is very appropriate. A last hurrah or perhaps even as a prelude to DoA6 gameplay.

Dontnod is also developing a new game called Twin Mirror, a mystery thriller: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...me-is-small-town-mystery-thriller-twin-mirror. I wonder if they're referencing Twin Peaks which I never watched, but apparently it's pretty good. Speaking of Dontnod, has anyone picked up their recent release, Vampyr? I watched some gameplay of it and its combat looks okay. The voice acting, however, is really good.

And finally, mecha action with a US president might become a thing with Metal Wolf Chaos possibly getting a port or something: https://gematsu.com/2018/06/devolver-digital-teases-potential-metal-wolf-chaos-localization.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How is it going (B)aldi's (B)asics in (T)echnology (A)nd (G)raphics fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

Done some of my rounds today, and I'm gonna be checking out last week episode of MHA.

So not much has really happened tbh.

I'll leave this here by the way.

Also, gonna be checking out the tournaments that VGBC and WNF had of BBTAG. So that's gonna be rad too. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
anyone mind enlightening me on what purpose the gaiden maps in fe7 serve? i just beat the first one, but i don’t really understand the point. are they just for extra lore/exp or something?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hey, I think I found Antonykun Antonykun - I guess Antonykun can't hide from us forever. :^)
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8psmnj
anyone mind enlightening me on what purpose the gaiden maps in fe7 serve? i just beat the first one, but i don’t really understand the point. are they just for extra lore/exp or something?
Extra story, exp, items, and sometimes characters. You won't miss much important info/stuff if you skip them.

16x in fe7 has Canas and an Arena that's fairly easy to abuse if you need to. I used the 16x Arena to grind up my healers so they could use magic at the very least. If you do skip the extra chapters, just don't skip 16x. Be sure to talk to Anna so you can see her precious husbando Jake. It doesn't do much, but it's a cute call-back imo.

Side note: don't kill Dart or Fargus omg y wuld u anywae aaaaaaa

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hey, I think I found Antonykun Antonykun - I guess Antonykun can't hide from us forever. :^)
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8psmnj

Extra story, exp, items, and sometimes characters. You won't miss much important info/stuff if you skip them.

16x in fe7 has Canas and an Arena that's fairly easy to abuse if you need to. I used the 16x Arena to grind up my healers so they could use magic at the very least. If you do skip the extra chapters, just don't skip 16x. Be sure to talk to Anna so you can see her precious husbando Jake. It doesn't do much, but it's a cute call-back imo.

Side note: don't kill Dart or Fargus omg y wuld u anywae aaaaaaa
thanks for the incredibly helpful answer

i had already decided beforehand that i would attempt to do all of them regardless of their function, but i’m glad there are actually decent reasons to do them. the first one was super cute/a lil spoopy, but it featured mermaid dragon girl herself being happy which was adorable. i’m excited to be done with lyn mode and actually play the game

i’m interested to recruit canas after seeing the outrage against his feh incarnation. i don’t know anything about him beforehand, which is good i guess??

so in general my run is going well. my favorite characters so far are matthew, florina, serra, and lucius. i was not expecting to like matthew bc his feh incarnation is gross but he’s super cute in this. i already liked florina bc feh but she’s even cuter in fe7. serra is just sassT (totally have to build her in feh now), and lucius is my husbando. i’m annoyed by how much i like lyn already tho

i’ve been getting a weird amount of str procs on units like matthew and florina who shouldn’t really be getting them that often. i’m just waiting for the RNG gods to just stop giving me str procs since i’ve getting so many right now

i really like fe7 so far. i wish i hadn’t waited for so long to play it

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Finally got the silver border in OW yey
Screenshot (36).png
And I'm done with the Anniversary event. I got pretty lucky and got most of the stuff I wanted from my boxes, the only thing I ended up having to buy was Brig's dance. (Altho I didn't get a single non-Anniversary legendary from my boxes, smh game. I did have to get a bunch of standard legendaries ofc, I think Industrial Zarya and Sunyatta were in there, Frogston too iirc. So basically worthless trash. Woo.)
So now it's time to save up for Summer Games and splurge on that.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Adding on to what Lil Puddin already said, there is a gaiden chapter or two that deals with the final boss's past, but I think you have to play through the game again on what's Blazing Blade's "Second Quest" or New Game+. I'm not going to mention who since I don't know how far you've gotten in Blazing Blade. One thing to note is that the localization did screw up some things and one of them does involve the final boss's past and a piece of dialogue.

i’m interested to recruit canas after seeing the outrage against his feh incarnation. i don’t know anything about him beforehand, which is good i guess??
He's a tanky mage and the only druid in the game meaning he can use Nosferatu and Luna, a dark magic tome that ignores the enemy's resistance, has a high hit rate, and has high crit rate according the wiki. His stats, outside of being bulkier, are average compared to the other mages, but Canas is special given what he is. The other thing is while -owl tomes are good and Rauthowl should have been available through 4* summons by now, there are several dark tomes that haven't been introduced into Heroes and I don't think there are many significant dark mages who use generic tomes. For one, Canas, Henry, Odin, Raigh, and Tharja were given Heroes original tomes and Sophia is the only one with a generic dark tome, Fenrir+, but it's a Silver tome. Others, like Jeddah, Julius, and Lyon, are bosses with their own tomes. And then there's mage knight Eirika showing up with Gleipnir and pissing off people who figured an actual dark mage, Knoll, should have had that which might have transferred over to Canas getting screwed out of having a dark tome and showing up with a generic tome instead.

Elibe has Apocalypse, Ereshkigal, and Gespenst as legendary dark tomes. Apocalypse people figure should go to Raigh or Sophia if they are given new weapons or perhaps Niime or even Bramimond if they ever introduce actual legendary heroes. Ereshkigal is a boss tome, so it's locked to its user. Gespenst is similar to Basilikos and the Regal Blade as being regalia weapons of Blazing Blade, but unlike Basilikos and the Regal Blade which were used by named characters, Gespenst is used by a generic druid and is the only legendary dark tome usable in Blazing Blade since Apocalypse only appears in Binding Blade and Ereshkigal belongs to a boss. Canas is the only playable druid in Blazing Blade and the other named druids as far as I remember, don't use anything special. It happens from time to time, but people think the tome in Canas's art in Heroes as depicted by Tobi is either Gespenst or Luna. The tome has a diamond shape with lines coming from its corners and corner decorations on the cover. Both Gespenst and Luna have a diamond shape on their sprites, but Gespenst is the only one with what look like corner decorations and has lines coming from the top and bottom corners of the diamond.

Anyway, they could give him Gespenst, Luna or whatever, in the future and that could happen if Kaze's introduction in regular banners is something the developers might do with the TT units since Canas would actually be obtainable in other means, but he could have had something unique from the start and it's not like they haven't given us TT units with legendary/personal weapons or even personal skills. Stat-wise, it's Canas and it fits from what he's like in Blazing Blade, so I don't know what people are complaining about there other than asking for busted units while complaining about busted units. Case in point, complaining about Karla's stupid 35/40 offenses and speed superboon, but also asking for Canas to be some kind of miracle red mage.

Even Linus is being complained about not being a good enough unit or being a copy of Raven when Raven's more of a high speed and high attack unit while Linus is more of a high attack unit with decent speed. Sure, let's ignore his high 37 base attack which is equal to +Atk Raven's and decent bulk after unique refined Basilikos. Dude even has Brazen Atk/Spd. If Wrath was more common, you could slap that and Glimmer/Moonbow on him and call it a day. Dropping into Wrath's range means with Glimmer, Moonbow, Noontime, or Reprisal he'd have a special charged every turn and +7 Atk/Spd through his default Brazen Atk/Spd. Linus has 65 attack and 45 speed with unique refined Basilikos and Brazen Atk/Spd 3, so he's going to hit really hard and also be able to double a lot of units which makes Desperation work too, but Raven, especially +Spd Raven, would pull it off better since he'd be faster. If you want, Brazen Atk/Def also gives him 34 defense when he's in its range to help him take another hit if he needs to. He'd need to take 12 damage out of his 45 HP and 27 defense with unique refined Basilikos to be in Wrath's range. By some miracle you can get him to take exactly 12 damage, he'd have 33 HP and 34 defense remaining bulk which is kind of dumb when you think about it. That's 67 total or 51x2 total physical bulk and he has 38 speed with unique refined Basilikos, so it's going to take someone with >= 43 speed to naturally double him. That is if he doesn't slam Basilikos on them before they can do that. Whatever, there goes my Linus rant.

i’m annoyed by how much i like lyn already tho
Well, there's nothing really wrong with Lyn. It's just the developers shoving her down everyone's throat that is pissing off people. Yes, she's popular and she's pretty cool, but she doesn't need to be everywhere. She's like the Pikachu of Fire Emblem, but not as cuddly. :p

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going E3 fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

So it's now officially started, and EA's conference was disappointing as usual.

Surprised they didn't make people pay $4.99 just to go to the venue. :V

Either way, I'm waiting on Nintendo's which will be on Tuesday and I think the Smash Switch Invitational will be after it? Also, what's interesting is that while we all call it Smash 5, Sakurai refers to it as "Smash 6", since he sees as Smash 3DS and Wii U as seperate games.

So technically from Sakurai's perspective, we've already had Smash 5 since 2014. :secretkpop:

By the way, I checked out the BBTAG Tournament that was hosted at AKon 29 yesterday.

Here's the results of it thanks to SaltyMayhem.

1st. MILK_KAICHOU (Orie/Nu-13)
2nd. iiGGY (Chie/Blake)
3rd. AeroLink (Ruby/Nu-13)
4th. SDVXPLAYER (Es/Nu-13)
5th. Baus (Makoto/Weiss)
5th. Raioh (Yu/Weiss)
7th. Chino (Gordeau/Azrael)
7th. B-Boy Dragon (Ruby/Blake)

I think Nu-13 may be seeing a lot of usage now due to how strong she is as an assist character. Since she can really mess with the Neutral of the game thanks to her Gravitron and the Floor Swords (Yes, I am calling them floor swords) which while they have really long startup, can definitely cause some havoc.

No Jins surprisingly at this tournament. But at least we got to see a bit of variety to be honest.

I'll leave some VODs here anyway if any of you peeps wanna check them out. :yeahboi:

SaltyMayhem's BBTAG Tournament (2:09:15)
LevelUpSeries' BBTAG Tournament (2:29:20)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's finally coming out! Kingdom Hearts III is confirmed for a January 2019 release. Japan's getting it on the 25th and the rest of the world is getting it on the 29th: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/09/kingdom-hearts-iii-launches-january-29-2019/.

Y'know, in this day and age, they really should be releasing international releases on the same day. It doesn't really matter for games that are released only in one region because the developers and publishers don't think it'll sell outside and until they're convinced, but for games, especially story-driven ones and massive ones, that are planned for international releases, then why are they still being released on different days? A day or two is okay, but four days is probably enough for some dude to play through the entire game and if they're that kind of person, spoil the entire thing for people. Whatever, the game's finally coming out.

Also, DoA6 gameplay: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/09/dead-alive-6-gets-first-gameplay-footage-e3-2018/.

Edit: Freebie +Def, -Spd 4* Selena.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I wound up getting a +spd/-atk Ryoma for a free pull. I was thinking of making a Firesweep gorl just because why not and the options were a +atk/-hp Ryoma or a +atk/-hp Lon'qu. A +spd/-atk Ryoma is somehow worse than Lon'Qu so lmao oops. I was hoping to put my +10 Ryoma to work somehow but it looks like it won't be today or ever oopsie.s

With a +3 spd seal, LnD3, and Summoner Support:
+spd/-atk Ryoma hits 57/52
+atk/-hp Ryoma hits 63/49
+atk/-hp Lon'qu hits 58/53

So looks like he's just a free 1000 feathers! That's not too bad I guess. Better than fodder I don't need/a 5* idk about.

There aren't any dudes who can use the Firesweep build besides L!Ryoma who is just stupid-good with it (ty IS I guess but lol 5* limited x2). wtf is this **** IS? Lances at least have Shigure and low-key Oscar. Both can be found at 4* and abuse X-emblem buffs, except I like Shigure way more than Oscar even if Meek Mercer isn't my favorite Mercer and Mild Papenbrook is an OK Papenbrook (I prefer his Henry voice or even his Cat Noir voice tbh). But it's going to take a long time to find a Shigure that I can use and then +10.

Anyway... Me waiting for the next Fire Emblem Heroes schedule:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dude! Devil May Cry 5 was announced! HELL YEAH! Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLxAEWAik7I.
Nero's back and he looks hilariously like DmC Dante with that haircut. I wonder if people are going to call him Punished Nero or Venom Nero since he's missing his Devil Bringer arm. It got chopped off and he had to replace it with a prosthetic that functions sort of like it and like the arm from Bionic Commando. Now that I think of it, Nero losing his Devil Bringer is like Capcom combining Bionic Commando and God Hand. The Devil Bringer is this unique, powerful manifestation of Nero's powers and by extension, the blood of Vergil and Sparda in him where Sparda's considered a god to some. So, supernatural arm containing godlike powers: God Hand. Losing it and getting a prosthetic arm that can grab stuff to emulate his Devil Bringer is Bionic Commando. Screw it, DMC5 is DMC + Bionic Commando + DmC + God Hand + Metal Gear Rising + MGSV + maybe Star Wars + whatever dumb **** they can do to make this into the dumbest game ever. I swear if it's actually Vergil who chops off Nero's arm and not some new bad guy. I need more power indeed or maybe this power belongs to me.

Also, Nero screams out Kyrie at the end, but she doesn't appear in the trailer from what I've seen.

Now, for something else, there was a leaked, blurry screenshot of what was said to be the back of DMC5 and it said that Dante and Vergil? are back as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/DevilMayCr...eaked_blurry_as_****_screenshot_of_dmc5_real/. It's probably real now since it did mention Nero having a robotic Devil Bringer arm. There were three screenshots on the back and the top one someone said looked like Dante with a beard and Sparda and the bottom really looks like Nero in the trailer. The middle I don't know. It might be Dante since Sparda is a single-edged sword or it could possibly be Vergil -- apparently the text mentions Vergil's bodyguards.

For other stuff, a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III showing something really cool.

And we're getting Dark Souls set in Japan by From Software: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/10/softwares-sekiro-shadows-die-twice-set-come-2019/. Kind of hilarious with Nioh having done it first and Nioh was in development hell until they figured out a combat system based on the Demon's/Dark Souls games and whatever else they needed to do to go through with its development.

SO HYPED FOR DMC5.

Edit: It really is Dante, Nero, and... some dude. Is that supposed to be Vergil? Image link since it's not showing up for some reason: https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HpiR5Kq.jpg.

Apparently this is Dante from some screenshot. Man, Dante looks old. I think DMC5 might be after DMC2 which might explain everything being so messed up.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
vergil is playable in dmc5
Speaking of whom, people caught the frames when Nero's arm gets ripped off and noted that the person who did it is most definitely Vergil. The gloves were noted to be the same or at least similar to the style of gloves Vergil wears in DMC3, the face has the same vein-y look that Vergil has when he's wearing his corrupted Vergil costume in DMC3: SE which also lets him become Nelo Angelo when he uses Devil Trigger, and the person's wearing a cloak, something Vergil did in DMC4: SE for his two cutscenes. And I got a chance to look at the key art again and the guy to the right of Nero is probably Vergil. I thought it was a guy with black hair, but it's the shadowing that makes it look darker and probably done deliberately which even then, he's wearing a blue coat, something Vergil is associated with. It looks like it's sleeveless which is a bit weird, but coatless Vergil in DMC3 wears a vest with no long-sleeved shirt under it and it could be mimicking a sleeveless haori which goes with the aesthetics of Vergil wielding a katana to Dante wielding a zweihander and also his weird cowboy getup in DMC4. Blue and red, east and west, more demon and more human.

Considering there are three playable characters, Nero being the first one showcased and Dante being teased at the end, I don't think they're going to go with the Vergil is plain evil and him taking the Devil Bringer is part of that. I think Vergil start out "not complete". From DMC3 to DMC4, Vergil is shown going to Fortuna, fathering Nero somehow in DMC4: SE where his stuff is set before DMC3, going through the events of DMC3 and getting brainwashed by Mundus, dying sort of in DMC1, and having his remains be used to create the Alto and Bianco Angelo enemies in DMC4. He comes back for DMC5 and is probably really messed up, so I think the reason why he attacked Nero was to get back a part of him. Basically, I think he's like a Heartless in Kingdom Hearts and the Devil Bringer which also contains his Yamato and Nero being his son is like the heart he wants back. When he gets it back, it might take some time, or he's still trying to get other parts that belong to him and that might explain Nero's anger at him if Nero's quote about getting back at someone is directed specifically at him. I doubt Vergil even knew he had a son, but he probably could feel Sparda's power in him and question who he was before he attacked if he was in the right state of mind. Right now, I think Vergil in the beginning is going to be a mindless being fixated on getting back what he thinks belong to him and it'll take something, a boss battle probably, for him to get back some sense into him. Also, because of that, I feel like the character progression might be Nero whose troubles with Vergil starts the story to Vergil who regains his sanity after a proper fight with his son to Dante who arrives late to the party to save the day. It might even start with Vergil first as a prologue showing he's back, but not entirely. This is all speculation on a short trailer, though.

Anyway, Capcom Unity has some more info on the game: http://www.capcom-unity.com/devil_m...-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc-in-spring-2019. The lady with Nero is named Nico and is his sidekick for his branch of Devil May Cry. Some people figured she might be the shop vendor for DMC5. At least for Nero and his prothethic arm upgrades. The extended trailer on it shows Dante and his motorcycle reminds me of Gilgamesh. It has the same red, pink-ish glow-y things on it and it wouldn't be surprising if it could actually transform into a motorcycle. It's freaking Devil May Cry. Anything can happen.
Spoilers for an old game, but at the end, Dante enters Hell on a motorcycle. A regular one, but part of me feels like DMC5 is really going to be set after DMC2. Dante looking much older, disheveled, and literally like Hell would make sense if he spent a long time in Hell itself for one reason or another. Dante also coming back on a demonic motorcycle would also make sense too. Seriously, would you rather keep a standard bike or take a badass bike from Hell that probably has some wicked powers and stuff? :p

Really hyped about the game because it's another Devil May Cry. Unfortunately, like always, people are complaining about it. Some people are saying it's DmC2 because of the art style, namely the setting, and the music. It's a short trailer showing Red Grave City and Nero. What do you expect of out? To show you the entire game? DMC3 and from what I remember, DMC2, had city sections, so that's nothing new for DMC5 to have missions in the city. We don't know if they're going to Hell or some demonic area like DMC1 and DMC3 and they're probably going to since I think every DMC game including DmC had us going into Hell or a demonic place at the end. DMC is associated with Gothic architecture and there's nothing saying DMC5 won't. Maybe we'll going into a Gothic church which probably served as the base of operations for the demonic invasion. Maybe Hell has some Gothic stuff going on or maybe Red Grave City has a old town section with Gothic architecture. And then there's the art style where people are saying it looks like DmC. DMC4 and DmC had pretty realistic styles. Not to the extent of Resident Evil 6 and 7, but enough where stuff looks real, but aren't because of the stylized demons and stuff. It's just the progression of graphics. It had happened with Monster Hunter going onto Monster Hunter: World and it would probably happen to Dragon's Dogma 2 where the first game basically looked like DMC4 if everything was medieval fantasy. With music, Nero has a different music style to him compared to Dante, Vergil, Lady, Trish, and maybe Lucia? I didn't play Lucia's section in DMC2. It was more subtle in the previous games, but they might be making it more distinct so that Nero stands out on his own more. For all we know, Dante's music is DMC-like while Nero's is the DMC5 trailer style and Vergil has his own thing going on.

If anything, I think the developers were trying to mess with us by giving Nero a haircut and sort of outfit like DmC Dante only for them to show that no, this is really DMC5 and we're starting with Nero. There was someone who said that Nero's shorter hair might have been done to make him look like Vergil more. Vergil's hair is long, but he always sweeps it back giving it a "shorter" profile compared to Dante's laid-back hairstyle.

Man, I'm hyped about this game and I just remembered there's going to be Death Stranding and Super Smash Bros. Switch coming up among others like things that weren't announced yet. Come on, surprise me with a F-Zero, Shinobi game, spin-off Zelda with Ganondorf as the protagonist, or something.

Edit: Never mind, we'll just have to wait. The official site has a closer look of the key art and the dude on the right looks like he's wearing a black coat, his hair is pretty dark, and his arms are covered in tattoos: www.devilmaycry5.com. Nothing says Vergil can't change his form like Trish did in DMC4 by becoming Gloria, so V could be Vergil just as much as the hooded arm ripper dude is Vergil too. Also, the story is set after DMC4 which once again doesn't mean it can't also be set after DMC2.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Tales of Vesperia is getting a PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One definitive version: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/1...on-ps4-xbox-one-pc-and-switch-in-winter-2018/. Yay, I don't have to buy an Xbox 360 or import the PS3 version to play the game.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh, it's happening. Metal Wolf Chaos XD is confirmed for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/10/metal-wolf-chaos-xd-coming-playstation-4-xbox-one-pc/. It's time for the POTUS to kick butt in a giant mecha again, but this time, internationally. This is such a dumb game. I have no idea why it wasn't released in the states or even in Europe and Australia.

On another note, I'm wondering why DMC5 wasn't announced for the Switch. I don't know about the RE engine, but MT Framework was pretty damn flexible. Unless it was pushing something like high graphics in Lost Planet 2 or an open-world in Dragon's Dogma, most of the games had good framerate and graphics quality at the time and the ports to PC almost always ended up being capable of running at +80 FPS fairly easily if you had a decent system. The Switch isn't as strong as the PS4 or Xbox One, at least not the Pro and One X, but they could do something like with Fire Emblem Warriors and Nioh where you could choose between performance and graphics. In a game like DMC5, though, performance is pretty important, but even if they had to drop it down to 720p gameplay to achieve consistent 60 FPS on DMC5, a game like DMC being on the Switch is pretty awesome. Hack 'n' slash on the go. For now, it's only really Bayonetta.

Same dealio with DoA6. They could, although it's not the greatest of solutions, basically have it be DoA5: LR on the Switch in terms of graphics. Then again, outside Blazblue, Smash, and SNK Heroines/kind of KoF, I can't think of any other big fighting games on the Switch or rather, any of the big fighting games being considered for the Switch and some of them like Tekken 7 and maybe Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball FighterZ could probably run on potatoes if you set everything to the lowest settings. Now that I think about it, I don't know why SNK didn't port KoF XIV over to the Switch too or haven't announced it. I mean, why not? They're already developing SNK Heroines on it. Well, whatever.

Also, I watched the Kingdom Hearts III trailer. Poor Aqua.

Last edited:
maybe it's because we're expecting those type of games (that really maximize the power of the PS4/X1) too soon. take note that the success of the switch came off as a surprise to the gaming industry so there weren't any games ready for it. if that were the case then expect more 2019 and beyond. either that or the switch might (or probably is) too weak for most of the AAA games nowadays. i wouldn't be surprised though if it was the latter

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think it is the hardware of the Switch and the need for developers to put games on multiple platforms, so dealing with a weaker system and one with a different architecture isn't ideal for some, but there are some games that don't seem that demanding and could have been on the Switch. That said, developing and porting takes time and games are planned way ahead, so it makes sense why multiplatform games haven't been showing up on the Switch.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Nintendo's E3 tomorrow fans? :nifty::nifty:

So Tales of Vesperia will be coming out again with all of the extra content that the Japanese version had; and it's coming to Switch and PS4 as well. :yeahboi:

So I guess that means Tilk Tilk gets to see her waifu again. :secretkpop:

Also, I'll be getting a new chair for myself; since my current one is just not that good anymore. Hoping to get one with some cushions on it so I can just lean back and relax.

And since Nintendo's is tomorrow. I'm expecting stuff on Xenoblade 2's expansion, Yoshi, Prime 4, Mario + Rabbids expansion, etc. Oh, and stuff on Smash 6. :secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wait, what? Life is Strange 2 is getting a prequel: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...trange-2s-brilliantly-unexpected-free-prequel?

That reminds me of A Bird Story which set up the sequel to To the Moon and apparently that sequel, Finding Paradise, was released last year in December. I was wondering when the continuation to A Bird Story was coming out. Anyway, pretty neat and the prequel, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, is going to be released on June 26th for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It's also free.

This was announced yesterday, but we're actually getting a new Battletoads game for PC and Xbox One. Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise is also confirmed for an overseas release for the PS4 on October 2nd.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
This was announced yesterday, but we're actually getting a new Battletoads game for PC and Xbox One.
OK, but why? Also they look horrifying, I am spooked.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so the new feh calendar dropped and there are some decent things coming

most exciting thing is probs the fact that we know about a hector banner coming on the 5th. i might be tempted to pull to get DC for F!Corrin so i can use it with the refined dark breath

i’m interested to see what the next seasonal units are going to be. maybe we’ll get another 2 part summer banner thing again?

also ready for the TT starting on saturday. what are the datamined seals? i saw someone mention live to serve being one of the new seals

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
OK, but why? Also they look horrifying, I am spooked.
Eh, they're ugly cute in a way. Their sprites and box art look cool in a 90s cartoon way. I hope they go with that kind of art style instead of a more realistic, toad warts and all style.

More E3 stuff includes the Yakuza series coming to PC starting with 0 and Kiwami. I don't think Kiwami has a release date set for PC yet, but 0 is going to release on August 1, 2018: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/1...ly-headed-pc-starting-yakuza-0-yakuza-kiwami/.

Ubisoft announced that their new Starlink: Battle for Atlas will feature Star Fox on the Switch version of the game. Starlink looks like it's literally Star Fox, but if it was made by Ubisoft and ironically features Star Fox, based on their most recent appearances in Zero, on the Switch. The idea of the game is that you can buy Starlink compatible toys of pilots and starships and scan them in to use them in-game. The video showing how it works for the Switch version shows them using an accessory to scan in a Starlink pilot and ship, but considering Nintendo has amiibos, they might have the Star Fox stuff be unlocked with the preexisting Star Fox amiibos. It's kind of like Smash or Skylanders, but if the gameplay was Star Fox. Looks interesting, but I get the feeling it's going to be pretty expensive. The article on Siliconera has three videos on it, the trailer for Starlink, the Star Fox trailer, and the trailer of how it works: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/1...tar-fox-content-october-16-2018-release-date/.

Just going to note this one down. Has anyone played the Sherlock Holmes games by Frogwares? Well, they're making a game based on H.P. Lovecraft's works called The Sinking City: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11/sinking-city-open-world-adventure-inspired-works-h-p-lovecraft/. That reminds me of Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and there's also a new Call of Cthulhu game in development by Cyanide.

Also, shark simulator by the developers of Killing Floor: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/06/11/maneater-shark-simulation-action-rpg-eat-way-open-world/. Why? Why not. I kind of want a camel simulator that lets you spit on people now.

Edit: I just saw this on the Devil May Cry forums.
Image is from the DMC subreddit since the image from the Devil May Cry forums didn't work.

Edit 2: Edit Harder: Resident Evil 2 is getting a remake and is set to be released on January 25, 2019, Nioh 2 was just announced, Sucker Punch's Ghost of Tsushima's gameplay looks all right, and Kingdom Hearts III is getting a limited edition PS4 Pro and they showcased the Pirates of the Caribbean world and man, it looks amazing coming back from what it looked like years ago in Kingdom Hearts II. Kairi's new haircut and outfit is pretty cute and Riku Replica might be returning if it's not just Riku's imaging of his past, corrupted self from Kingdom Hearts I.

Y'know, with Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, I hope Capcom revives Onimusha in the future. Also, Tenchu where Ghost of Tsushima's stealth gameplay reminded me of it. On Ghost of Tsushima specifically, the combat system reminds me of Sly Cooper 2's where once you enter combat, the gameplay shifts to a combat mode essentially. Assassin's Creed ended up using that and probably some others that I don't remember or know of, but Sly Cooper 2 is the earliest game I can think of that did that exploration and stealth to combat switch. Sucker Punch going back to that is pretty nostalgic and hilarious since Ghost of Tsushima at a glance could be considered Assassin's Creed: Japan, something people have been asking for a while along with Egypt which was recently answered.

Edit 3: With a Vengeance: I just watched the new Death Stranding trailer. Yep, still doesn't make sense and is still eerie, creepy, and weird. They finally showed off gameplay and the first thing that I thought of was Metal Gear Solid 3. I don't remember the source, but Hideo Kojima said he wanted MGS3 to have been like MGSV where it was an open-world or at least large like MGS4. It would have emulated that feeling of being alone and operating in enemy territory where Naked Snake would have had to travel and sneak by in Soviet Russian rainforests and encounter some of the smaller bases before reaching the main base in Groznyj Grad. Man, I was getting feelings of what could have been by watching Death Stranding. With MGSV, I didn't get that feeling since the settings were an island, the Afghanistan deserts, and the Congo jungle. But with the trailer of Death Stranding taking place in what probably is post-apocalyptic Iceland, it reminds me more of Tselinoyarsk.

From what gameplay was shown in the trailer, it reminds me of Breath of the Wild, but if stealth was a stronger focus or a stronger mechanic. Makes sense since Kojima Productions recently developed MGSV and stealth games are their forté, but also because of how lonely the place feels as Sam, the main character, does his own thing collecting whatever and climbing and scaling mountains, but in a way more impressive way than Link does in BotW. It's even lonelier feeling than MGSV or BotW. In both games you encounter living beings of some kind where MGSV is mainly hostile soldiers guarding their bases and wildlife roaming about while BotW adds to that with friendly people you can meet in towns or on the roads. In Death Stranding, it seems like it's nobody, but Sam and the occasional cutscene with a character he interacts and the monster things. Stealth is showed off at the end of the trailer with the monster things. Those things are creepy as hell and they're like shadow-y, floating adult humans with umbilical cords. It doesn't seem like traditional stealth with them since I don't think line of sight matters to them. Proximity probably is a factor, but the trailer implies they are attracted by breathing and I don't know how the hell you're going to deal with that other than have an oxygen meter of which wasn't on the screen at all.

I end this with Sony is really letting Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions go out with their budget. Before the trailer, they had Norman Reedus, Guillermo del Toro, and Mads Mikkelsen. Now they added Léa Seydoux and Lindsay Wagner. I had to look up who Léa Seydoux was and she's Belle from the 2014 Beauty and the Beast film and Gabrielle from Midnight in Paris. For a moment, her character reminded me Game of Thrones, but nope, I'm familiar with her most from Midnight in Paris.

Last edited:
Top Bottom