• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh no I think I did something to anger (?) the RNGoddessT Anna.
My free summon on the Tempest banner was a 5 star Tharja... And then I decided to pull the rest of the circle anyways and also got a Leo.
Tharja idc about, she's Bladetome fodder for... someone. Maybe Neighrika. Leo is -Atk. His refinement looks really fun to use, but I'm not sure he's gonna be doing much with an attack stat of 39 which does include his weapon... He's +Res tho which is pretty good I think.

Unrelated note but since I know a lot of you watch Lucahjin, how many of you are watching her Dangan LP? Just curious... and also giving a reminder that Chihiro is the best chatacter of DR1 and you'll see why soonish.
Edit: Pagesteal, and now is a good time for a new signature.
Commissioning art was a great invention that I fully support if only Smashboards signatures didn't have to be 160 pixles tall, what are you even supposed to do with that? I'll prolly get premium again when E3 comes around and the site and this social become more active, and then you can see it in much better qualiTy.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going lack of BBTAG News? :nifty::nifty:

It's been rather quiet recently news wise. But hopefully we'll get some more news out next month on the DLC, since we only got a week left before it's out in Japan (And 2 weeks before it's out in the US, and a whole month before it's out in the UK/EU/AUS). But at least Orie, Kanji, Platinum, Blake and Yang will all be Free DLC.

Also, I'm slowly making my way back to Legend 3, I just need to get through Legend 2 again and then make my way up to KOG. But I'll be taking it slow from now on, I'll try and reach Legend 3 today and then KOG tomorrow.

And speaking of which, the new BOX is out; but one of the Noble-Knights cards is bugged. rip

But now onto doing some work! :yeahboi:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
And now Rabbid Cranky is a thing. He has a cane shotgun and he's grumpy. Yep, he's a "get off my lawn" kind of old Rabbid. Also, bananarangs. This game is so dumb and I love it.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
"O boi, I have 14 Legendary Crystals, 38 Rare Crystals, and 77 Common Crystals. Since I already used 100+ Commons, 100+ Rares, and 30+ Legendaries since my last rare blade, that must mean 1 of these contains Dahlia!"

Xenoblade consulting its summoning system:

While I semi-appreciate the variety the gacha thing adds, Xenoblade 2 is just a single player game. So having the rates as low as they do is just stupid. Made worse by the fact all Blades have H2Hs or Quests. I'm using Zeke who can get lvl 13 Truth and he has about 700 luck.

My gorls are level 70 so the story itself is a joke now. Currently beating up the Rolly Polly Haywire gorl since it's so easy. Just gotta seal Self Destruct and spam Smash combos. I'll just farm 99 Legendary Crystals and then try so I can keep track. If I don't get her, I give up.

And now Rabbid Cranky is a thing. He has a cane shotgun and he's grumpy. Yep, he's a "get off my lawn" kind of old Rabbid. Also, bananarangs. This game is so dumb and I love it.
This is what a successful merging of 2 different worlds looks like tbh.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
HOLY CACTUAR! I saw a video suggestion of the battle themes in Final Fantasy Record Keeper going from FFI to FFXV. I figured why not, let's listen to it since Final Fantasy has good music. Marvelous, splendid, magnificent! I got goosebumps throughout my listening. Also, when it got to FFXV's "Stand Your Ground", I could immediately tell it was Yoko Shimomura. Something about her music, especially her battle music, easily betrays that it's hers. Nothing wrong with that, but it's kind of funny when playing something like Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and all I can think of is this sounds like something from Kingdom Hearts. Here's the video if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ngI_uC-2o.

Anyway, Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 are getting remasters for the PS4: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/22/yakuza-3-4-5-remasters-will-run-1080p-60fps-content-originals/. They're currently set for release only in Japan, but I remember people really liking the Yakuza series, so I could see them being given overseas releases.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
In FEH: sweeet, i got a ninian in a few pulls my luck must be nice today

in Duel Links: WHY THE HECK ARE YOU DUCKING ME GRANDMASTER WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BUILD MY FAVORITE YUGIOH DECK?!?!?!?!?!?!?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Me when I play against Sylvans in Duel Links: v

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

Gonna be trying to write up some of the ideas that me and my TA came up with for my report and then aim to get as close to 1500 words as possible before next Thursday, I don't think it should be too difficult, since then afterwards; I have the whole Summer to myself; so I'll probably use my time to play some BBTAG when it comes out. And check out E3 and EVO. :yeahboi:

Speaking of BBTAG news...

While it's a small bit of information; I think Gag Reels are coming back?

Someone in the BBTAG Discord posted an image from Famitsu of an article, and it showed Yu Narukami in his classroom, and he sees Ragna, Noel, Hyde and Ruby all wearing the school uniform of his school and attending their class as students.

Sorry I can't find a big enough image; but this is as close as we'll get. But you can see Ragna, Ruby, Noel and Hyde attending Yu's school as students. :secretkpop:

Oh, and BBTAG got a score of 35/40 from Famitsu. That's damn good.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
That Xenoblade 2 speedrun I mentioned a bit ago beat the game in just over six hours. Seeing them beat it a mere half an hour after getting to where I stopped playing made me pick the game back up.

I'm reasonably sure I'm on my way to the final boss? Anything I should go do beforehand / before NG+?

Also, never played Xenoblade 1, but is Klaus supposed to be Shulk? Cause he looks like him, just with brown hair. And Klaus is almost "Shulk" backwards.

Also, we got a new Box coming out soon; so that should be good as well.

And speaking of Duel Links; I fell all the way down to Legend 1, so I'm not too happy with that. But oh well, I'll just try and see what I can do to reach KOG before the end of the month; but other then that, may run some meme decks from now on or make adjustments to my main Amazoness deck; like give it a few Swords Woman cards.
New box is great, went ham on it cause I had over 10,000 gems stockpiled, got a Prismatic Silent Swordsman Lvl7. Of the four legitimate Level archetypes (Swordsman, Magician, Horcus, Armed Dragon) Silent Swordsman is probably the weakest (excluding trying to build Armed Dragon without his support cards that Chazz has but we don't), but I can't not try to build a deck with him now. I'm hoping at some point they add the last two level cards to the Card Trader; Silent Magician and Silent Paladin.

Also, grinding crystal tokens in PvP in low rankings is so much better than being up in Plat or Legend.

Character: Bastion
Skill: None

1x Evil Dragon Ananta
2x Alien Overlord

2x Alien Telepath
2x Alien Warrior
1x Alien Grey
3x Alien ShockTrooper

2x Mysterious Triangle
2x Enemy Controller
2x "A" Cell Recombination Device
1x Molting Escape
1x Otherworld - The "A" Zone

1x Floodgate Trap Hole
2x Wall of Disruption
1x Orbital Bombardment

^That's a quick Alien deck I threw together to level up Bastion, and I don't even use that OP Alien trap card.

Like, even super basic stuff like Alien Telepath + Molting Escape basically shut down everyone up to Silver 3. Besides surprise Sylvan decks, I haven't been able to lose up to Gold 2 so far.

in Duel Links: WHY THE HECK ARE YOU DUCKING ME GRANDMASTER WHY WON'T YOU LET ME BUILD MY FAVORITE YUGIOH DECK?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Six Samurai is gonna be so much more fun to play now with him and the Secret Samurai added.

Also, did either of you manage to get three Rare Values?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Six Samurai is gonna be so much more fun to play now with him and the Secret Samurai added.

funny thing as soon as you quoted me me i pull grandmaster but 0 of the fusions

also i pulled a rare value from jesse got another from the event and got my third by trading ex points.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Finally got Dahlia after 30 legendary orbs. Haywire Phoebus and Haywire Radclyfe are amazing UMs to farm. I suggest you do that a bit before completing your pre-NG+ run Buddhahobo Buddhahobo to get the good stuff. Pretty much 22% crit heal medals galore and ofc Legendary Crystals. Also if you started Ursula's quests, get that heaux's Affinity Chart maxed out since it's literally the worst and you have to start over. Roc isn't as bad since Merc rank carries over.

I'm going to save the Core Chip farming for NG+ tho. I don't want my heauxes to be super OP during NG+. There's a new difficulty mode coming out in 1 or 2 months so I'll probably just wait for that after I beat the game. Unless the new game mode makes all mobs level 99 or something absurdly hilarious like that, then I guess I'll farm chips.

Though with OW Anniversery I'm gonna be spending more time there to get as much stuff as possible. I already got 2 dance emotes and 2 new Legendaries, but ofc not the ones I actually wanted.

Moira irl:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNMZlkrzaU

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i got sherlock mccree, cybjorn torb, lightning tracer, and formal doomfist through the lootboxes i've earned so far

i really want to get shieldmaiden brigitte because it looks so good. i also need to get moira's dance emote bc it's amazing

other than that, i'd be happy if pajamei, blackwatch moira, or 2008rihanna!sombra dropped, but it's okay if they don't

also i've gotten like 2 sombra potgs in the last 12 hours wtf

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
That Xenoblade 2 speedrun I mentioned a bit ago beat the game in just over six hours. Seeing them beat it a mere half an hour after getting to where I stopped playing made me pick the game back up.

I'm reasonably sure I'm on my way to the final boss? Anything I should go do beforehand / before NG+?

Also, never played Xenoblade 1, but is Klaus supposed to be Shulk? Cause he looks like him, just with brown hair. And Klaus is almost "Shulk" backwards.

New box is great, went ham on it cause I had over 10,000 gems stockpiled, got a Prismatic Silent Swordsman Lvl7. Of the four legitimate Level archetypes (Swordsman, Magician, Horcus, Armed Dragon) Silent Swordsman is probably the weakest (excluding trying to build Armed Dragon without his support cards that Chazz has but we don't), but I can't not try to build a deck with him now. I'm hoping at some point they add the last two level cards to the Card Trader; Silent Magician and Silent Paladin.

Also, grinding crystal tokens in PvP in low rankings is so much better than being up in Plat or Legend.

Character: Bastion
Skill: None

1x Evil Dragon Ananta
2x Alien Overlord

2x Alien Telepath
2x Alien Warrior
1x Alien Grey
3x Alien ShockTrooper

2x Mysterious Triangle
2x Enemy Controller
2x "A" Cell Recombination Device
1x Molting Escape
1x Otherworld - The "A" Zone

1x Floodgate Trap Hole
2x Wall of Disruption
1x Orbital Bombardment

^That's a quick Alien deck I threw together to level up Bastion, and I don't even use that OP Alien trap card.

Like, even super basic stuff like Alien Telepath + Molting Escape basically shut down everyone up to Silver 3. Besides surprise Sylvan decks, I haven't been able to lose up to Gold 2 so far.

Klaus is a pretty big spoiler from Xenoblade 1, so if you’re thinking of playing I won’t explain it. But no, he isn’t Shulk :p

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Only opened 2 boxes so far but I've already gotten tree kisser Orisa and fancy man Doomfist. Both of those are some of the best legendaries from this event so that's great.
I don't think that there's really anything else from this event that I really want (except for dance emotes), so I'm mostly going to be aiming for stuff from other events that I missed.

O also Zarya's new voiceline is "Let's Get Physical" so that will pair perfectly with her spoopy 80's outfit.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that was weird. I was listening to Sora yori mo Tooi Basho's soundtrack and one of the songs, Kinkyuu Jitai, reminded me of and sounded like Night of Fate from Kingdom Hearts. It has the same rapid, anxious-feeling strings progression and the little piano bits in Night of Fate. "Kinkyuu jitai" apparently means "emergency" in Japanese, so it's appropriate with how frantic it sounds. Still weird and funny how similar they sounded to me.

Related to that, E3's coming up soon and I'm plenty hungry for Kingdom Hearts III information. Definitely hungry for Death Stranding information even if it'll creep me out and leave me confused as to what the hell is going on.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Only opened 2 boxes so far but I've already gotten tree kisser Orisa and fancy man Doomfist. Both of those are some of the best legendaries from this event so that's great.
I don't think that there's really anything else from this event that I really want (except for dance emotes), so I'm mostly going to be aiming for stuff from other events that I missed.

O also Zarya's new voiceline is "Let's Get Physical" so that will pair perfectly with her spoopy 80's outfit.
And just a few hours later I also got Brigitte's and Sym's new legendaries, along with one of Winston's non-event legendaries. Are the drop rates for rare junk higher in this event for anyone else or am I just getting lucky? Because getting half of the new legendary skins in 1 day is kinda nutso.
Haven't gotten of the new dance emotes yet, but I did get a few that I missed out on last year.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Noble Knights fans? :nifty::nifty:

So Tristan is now roaming around; so if you wanna get him, now you can. I did hear he's quite easy to farm.

You'll be fine just running a Paradox Bros. farming deck.

I need to start saving up Gems now; since whenever I get some, I always just use them all on a box and then have a wait for either more Gems to drop or for a Duelist I'm using to level up. smh

Also, we got a higher res image of that scene from BBTAG.

"WHAT'S RAGNA-SAN DOING AT OUR HIGHSCHOOL!? HE'S WEARING THE UNIFORM AND EVERYTHING!"

I seriously hope this is a gag reel.

And speaking of BBTAG. I know I mentioned a what if scenario if Eltnum made it in, but now I'm going to be more realistic and think of some dialog Merkava could have. The flailing alien monster. :secretkpop:

Merkava:
Intro(s):
#1: *Screams*
#2: *Flies in* Seems like we got a battle on our hands...

Win(s):
#1: *Grabs opponent, flies off whilst screaming*
#2: *Turns around and screams*

Win-Quote(s):
#1: Your battling skills are impressive, however I'm after EXS users.
#2: I shall spare you just this once; if you come across me again, then I won't be so hesitant.

w/Ragna:
Intro:
R: Tch, with the way you look; you remind me of the Black Beast.
M: Perhaps I AM a Black Beast myself.

Win:
M: Your abilities. They are not of an EXS.
R: Don't go beggin' for food now, dumbass.

Win-Quote:
M: My body is trembling from the power you have. Is it not an EXS?
R: I told you before, this is none of that crap you're spouting. Go pester someone else.

w/Azrael:
Intro:
A: So we finally found some prey... Keep your hands away from my food!
M: Food? I'm only after those that harbor the EXS.

Win:
A: Now then... time for me get a succulent taste of-
M: *Grabs opponent, flies away*
A: Wait... DAMMIT! GET BACK HERE! *Chases Merkava*

Win-Quote:
A: Damn you... stealing my prey. MY PREY! I'll make sure to put you in your place for this!
M: I have already disposed of this "prey" of yours. I need this more than you to help with my manifestations.

w/Chie:
Intro:
M: This appetite is unsatiable, I must find more EXS to eat.
C: Your hungry too!? Let's get this over with quick then! I'm starving!

Win:
M: Too weak, I must find more stronger EXS to feed on.
C: Hey, hey! Calm down there! We'll get you some grub!

Win-Quote:
C: Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we go back to Junes? I can get us like three steaks! How's that sound?
M: Steak? Perhaps that will help with this hunger.

w/Hyde:
Intro:
H: Woaaah! You can talk through my mind? That's so cool!
M: So you don't fear me? Interesting.

Win:
M: This fight is over, now to calm down this hunger.
H: I can tell you got a big appetite from this.

Win-Quote:
M: You have shown your strength to me, child. I'll spare you for now, but if you come across me again. We'll be enemies, and I won't hesitate to devour your EXS.
H: Wait, I thought we actually managed to get along!

w/Ruby:
Intro:
R: You look a lot like all of those Grimms me and Team RWBY fought! Except not mindless, I guess?
M: I still maintain part of my humanity, child. Be careful what you say.

Win:
R: Oh wow! You can stretch your arms? That's really handy!
M: I can easily capture my targets with ease, make sure you don't become my next one.

Win-Quote:
R: You can fly, stretch out your arms, AND have a fast flurry of punches!? You're so cool indeed... err... I didn't really catch your name at all Mister... Alien... Thing?
M: Merkava. And please, do not gawk at me.

Speaking of BBTAG. We got the Under Night trailer for the game now:

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
i spent all of my orbs the other day trying to get a Lucius and managed to pull a neutral one
hoping for +spd -def. i might give stockpile some orbs for getting either atk/spd bond or atk/res bond for him tbh. i also need to give him recover+ and probs gravity+/slow+

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

About to do some more work today, so not really much has happened for me event wise.

I did take another look at PSO2 Cloud; I'm very doubtful on getting it, since due to how far each of us lives from Japan. smh

So that game will most likely kick us out for congestion. Funny that I originally wanted to try out Phantasy Star Online years ago, and my first time playing it was Phantasy Star Online Universe on 360; that was my first time playing it, it was fun. But man I wish we could've gotten PSO2 worldwide; then again, localization will be a pain in the butt to deal with. And some of the costumes will most likely be console exclusives (The PS4/Vita version having the JP Sony Mascots, and the Switch version having the BotW costume and accessories).

Also, I've been successfully farming Tristan Taylor numerous times.

His rewards are... underwhelming.

His best card is probably Battleguard Rage, and that's it; his other rewards are just crap.

Panther Warrior
Lv. 4
Beast-Warrior/Effect/EARTH
2000 ATK/1600 DEF

No.

Yu-Jo Friendship
Normal Spell

Can be good for meme decks, but that's it.

Milennium Shield
Lv. 5
Warrior/EARTH
0 ATK/3000 DEF

Oh look, a McDonalds exclusive card now in Duel Links. Real talk; I actually like Milennium Shield, I find it kind of cool looking.

Berserk Gorilla
Lv. 4
Beast/Effect/EARTH
2000 ATK/1000 DEF

Don't run this, its effect just doesn't make it worthwhile.

Battleguard Rage
Continuous Trap

I'll only be going over this one, since most of them can be garbo.

"Activate this card by targeting 1 Warrior-Type Monster you control; it gains 1000 ATK. Monsters destroyed by it will be returned to the Hand instead of the Graveyard. When that monster leaves the field, destroy this card."

This one is the better of all of Tristan's rewards; but I don't think it'll be that great. It could have some niche moments, but that's it really.

Super Robolady
Lv. 6
Machine/Fusion/Effect/EARTH
1200 ATK/500 DEF
(Robolady + Roboyarou)

Super Roboyarou
Lv. 6
Machine/Fusion/Effect/EARTH
1200 ATK/500 DEF
(Robolady + Roboyarou)

These two are not worth running, don't even bother.

Voltic Kong
Lv. 4
Beast/Effect/LIGHT
1800 ATK/1000 DEF

This one can be alright, though you will have to focus on making a LIGHT-centric deck.

Little Winguard
Lv. 4
Warrior/Effect/WIND
1400 ATK/1800 DEF

Roboyarou
Lv. 3
Machine/EARTH
900 ATK/450 DEF

Robolady
Lv. 3
Machine/EARTH
900 ATK/450 DEF

Cyber Commando
Lv. 2
Machine/EARTH
750 ATK/700 DEF

Overall, yeah Tristan's rewards suck; just like his Dueling Skills, though I'd love it if Tristan does become unlockable. He better have Restart though to make up for his bad cards.

Also, a bit slow on the BBTAG news; but we will be having a tournament of it this coming weekend; so we can at least check that out I guess. :yeahboi:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Overall, yeah Tristan's rewards suck; just like his Dueling Skills, though I'd love it if Tristan does become unlockable. He better have Restart though to make up for his bad cards.
Yugi already came with Restart, though.

That said, Tristan is sort of bizarre to play against. I mean, yeah, he sucks...but he sucks because of when he showed up, not because of his deck.

Like, if he had come out a year+ ago, he'd be a solid beatdown threat. His level 40 deck routinely throws out 1850-2000 4* ATK monsters, he's got cost down to get Gogiga out as quickly as possible, etc.

To put it in perspective, I started playing last August when Yugi came out. A solid 4* beatdown stick was still 1700, with 1800 normal 4* monsters being URs. Nowadays we get 1800 ATK effect monsters for free, numerous 1900 ATK R monsters in boxes, and the most recent box has 1950 ATK normal 4* as a particularly underwhelming SR.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone gotten and played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the retro-styled version of Bloodstained? Apparently it just came out yesterday. I figured it would be released later and perhaps as part of a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night bundle, but nope, its release date was much closer than I thought.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow I love karma.

In my Line group chat, there was someone who wouldn't stop talking about spoilers yesterday (all week really but yesterday was really bad). I'll just call them Rebecca. Just one example is that someone yesterday started playing FE Awakening and they don't know the whole "Marth is Lucina" thing. That mystery didn't last too long. Thanks Rebecca. :<

BUT Rebecca is playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the first time and they just spoiled themself on a pretty big spoiler.
They were trying to say that "Nia is a b**** wow", however the wonderful and always helpful autocorrect changed that b word to blade. They didn't even know that the word was changed even after I was freaking out for a solid minute since there's 2-soon to be 3-other people playing the game for the first time and they're all in chapter 2 or so. Rebecca is in chapter 5 rn so they have a ways to go to find that out themself in-game.

Today is great. :happysheep:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
4% rate and still no 5* from the Bridal Banner. CYL should be coming out next month too, so saving orbs would be wise... Flying healer Veronica pls. Thankfully the TT are here for orb hording. atm the story implies that Loki is a standard FE evil tactician/right hand person who's doing things for the lulz. That probably means Bara FE Fire Ganondorf will die and Loki will be Book 3's evil gorl.

also

Fire Emblem is a really great game series:

i spent all of my orbs the other day trying to get a Lucius and managed to pull a neutral one
hoping for +spd -def. i might give stockpile some orbs for getting either atk/spd bond or atk/res bond for him tbh. i also need to give him recover+ and probs gravity+/slow+
Gorl wutchu goin for anyway? A mage tank? Realistically speaking, Lucius isn't getting enough spd to avoid being doubled by glass cannon mages. He already doubles all the slowbies too, or at least most of them.

Also -5 points for picking him over Haughty Waifu Serra. But +5 points for still using a precious husbando.

Wow I love karma.

In my Line group chat, there was someone who wouldn't stop talking about spoilers yesterday (all week really but yesterday was really bad). I'll just call them Rebecca. Just one example is that someone yesterday started playing FE Awakening and they don't know the whole "Marth is Lucina" thing. That mystery didn't last too long. Thanks Rebecca. :<

BUT Rebecca is playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the first time and they just spoiled themself on a pretty big spoiler.
They were trying to say that "Nia is a b**** wow", however the wonderful and always helpful autocorrect changed that b word to blade. They didn't even know that the word was changed even after I was freaking out for a solid minute since there's 2-soon to be 3-other people playing the game for the first time and they're all in chapter 2 or so. Rebecca is in chapter 5 rn so they have a ways to go to find that out themself in-game.

Today is great. :happysheep:
Nia is a cool gorl tho. She's all the tsun, rarely the dere, which is the perfect type of non-cringe-tsundere. I don't like how people give her flack tho. I guess it's to be expected since that happens with all video game characters since nobody thinks of the context. They just go "BUT DAS DUM THO!!!" Dem salt-spraying heauxes be dumb, yo.

I am currently grinding Tiger! Tiger! I managed to get 70k scores for Stage 1/5. Also managed to get 2 Str Master Mods and an Ether Master Mod. Also a Dark Core so yay! It seems actually good parts are super rare so I'm spending crystals on making IV/V parts anyway. They should really make Tiger! Tiger! less grindy. Even with the Popster DLC a person's gotta do 10+ hours of Tiger! Tiger! to max out all 3 Poppi's. I fully built Poppi Alpha and I'll probably just craft good parts and V Roles, but I give up for this round until NG+ anyway. Hopefully I can unlock all the DLC again which means I'll have everything except for good Master Mods.

Side note: wtf did they name the game Tiger! Tiger! instead of keeping it Tora! Tora! wtf English team y r u liek dis?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Has anyone gotten and played Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, the retro-styled version of Bloodstained? Apparently it just came out yesterday. I figured it would be released later and perhaps as part of a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night bundle, but nope, its release date was much closer than I thought.
Not yet, but I plan on getting it when I have the time to play it in a day or two.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Gorl wutchu goin for anyway? A mage tank? Realistically speaking, Lucius isn't getting enough spd to avoid being doubled by glass cannon mages. He already doubles all the slowbies too, or at least most of them.

Also -5 points for picking him over Haughty Waifu Serra. But +5 points for still using a precious husbando.
DD3 is really just filler until I can get one of the dual-stat increase skills or a bond skill. I plan to make him just a general utility healer who can actually fight if needed

I thought about using Serra bc her offensive spread is super similar (-2 atk in exchange for +1 spd), but I wanted to use a male healer so obvs I chose Lucius

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Ahh just noticed you were using Lucius
DD3 is really just filler until I can get one of the dual-stat increase skills or a bond skill. I plan to make him just a general utility healer who can actually fight if needed

I thought about using Serra bc her offensive spread is super similar (-2 atk in exchange for +1 spd), but I wanted to use a male healer so obvs I chose Lucius
I had a friend that I got from around the first grand Conquests who has a cool Lucius

He’s pretty nice. I think I liked him more with Distant Defense 3 on the seal, but yeah. The average speed doesn’t really affect his tankiness imo, he does great

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not yet, but I plan on getting it when I have the time to play it in a day or two.
Well, that makes one of us. I'd like to get it, but I never played a Castlevania game, so I'm not sure how things would go considering the older ones seem to have very tight movement. At least it's pretty cheap, though, so it's not that big of a deal.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well, that makes one of us. I'd like to get it, but I never played a Castlevania game, so I'm not sure how things would go considering the older ones seem to have very tight movement. At least it's pretty cheap, though, so it's not that big of a deal.
They do. And from what I have read, this is a pretty short outing. But I have always enjoyed the mythos and gameplay to these kinds of games, so I look forward to it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Meanwhile, FEH nonsense. Yep, those dragons are big enough all right. :p

Also, volume warning.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Lucius and Serra are interchangeable build wise imo. If you're going to go all out with Atk/Spd Bond and/or having Corrin as his partner, then +spd would be the better option. Once a colorless unit gets to nuke status, not much can stop them. As seem with B!Lyn lol. Though Lucius targets res, has Dazzling refines, and causes chip damage so that's 3x more spooky than B!Lyn.

If you're not going all out, then +atk would give you more bang for ya buck. At least until IS finally makes staves less about cheesing to win or being healbots. Then maybe +spd might be good for more than defensive phases/whale nuke builds. I like +atk since it can be very versatile, but most importantly, allows for the CC Nuker build to really thrive. Serra is absurd with it and was well worth the CC investment.

Serra after she takes the first bit of dmg:

Serra is still low on my +10 list, mostly because she is a healer and has all the healer problems. The major one being we can't hear their crit quotes because they have no special attacks. If Bishop Serra happens I will be very poor. IS pls help.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Wow, it’s been a while since I’ve been here. In a way, I love how the title is still the same.
Side note: I’m giving up the XC entries. I finished the game a while ago so I will divulge my thoughts below.
How is this game so little known exactly? I finished and it’s ever bit the masterpiece others have claimed it to be. I’m definitely getting XC X. I had a crazy, albeit fustrating time at the end. So Dickson’s betrayal was pretty interesting, albeit quite foreshadowed beforehand. Zanza appearing confused the hell out of me at first. I didn’t realize that Arglas (Giant) was his flesh and blood and no more.
After the mess at the Core, the other thing that caught me off guard was the mass transformation of High Entia into Telethia, which is quite cruel.

Alright, a few cutscenes later, we reenter the Bionis Core (I don’t think that’s the name, but it’s close enough). This area is awful. It was hard getting to Lorithia as it was, and fighting her, required about 10 hours of grinding for me to win. I fell off into the ether lake so many times. In the end, I got so frustrated that I started a new file, determined to correct my mistakes. It’s didn’t go that well, trust me. Anyway, I deleted my safe file and continued with the original play through. Finally, after hours of grinding and trying every team combination possible, I finally defeated Disciple Lorithia. Good riddance. Fighting Dickson was next. Prison Island.
Returning there was cool. But what was cooler was that dragon that beat the hell out of me. I loved fighting that thing. It was difficult, but fun. Fighting Dickson was very interesting. The bad part was that I was spoiled about him being a Giant. Oh well. Defeating him was easier than the dragon, surprisingly.

Finally, Zanza. After an interesting cutscene where I started to understand where Zanza was coming from, we fight and I breezed through the first phase easily. The second phase however gave me so much hell. After finally defeating the second phase, Shulk received the Monado |||, which came a bit late, but oh well. Third Stage Zanza was difficult, but easier than the 2nd stage.
After an amazing ending to Zanza’s life, I get an amazing ending to the game, with Shulk fulfilling Meyneth’s wishes and creating a world with no gods.

And that was it! The game was finished and I was very satisfied. The story and music for me make this game alone, and I found the battle system to be decently complex in the way of Gems and Skills.
Thank you very much, all who recommended this masterpiece to me!
In other news, I started and fully caught up with RWBY. Really good series. I unironically thought Volume 5 (The most recent one) was the best of the bunch, but it got widely negative reception. It’s a must watch for any Harry Potter fans who felt the HP series was too childish in some areas.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Early BBTAG Release fans?

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

So BBTAG got released early in Taiwan on the PSN Store.

If you wanna avoid spoilers; make sure you don't search for anything related to the Episode Mode.

Also, I'm very close to making this Crystal Beast OTK deck; I just need to get Crystal Bond from Jesse's Lv. 45 reward, then I'm all set.

Oh, and I will probably try and make a Noble Knights deck too, but that'll be kind of hard to do tbh.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
you heauxes better choose team caeda for the voting gauntlet

she’s the most pure and deserving gorl

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
you heauxes better choose team caeda for the voting gauntlet

she’s the most pure and deserving gorl
If Marth is on the voting ballot, not voting for him would be a crime against everything that's even somewhat good. Even Caeda. She would be devastated if her husbando was rejected if it's the only way for her to win. Only those who truly care about Caeda as their waifu would know that.

:secretkpop: NICE TRY, YEW ANTI-CAEDA & ANTI-MARTH HEAUX :secretkpop:
:secretkpop: WE'RE ON TO YA SCHEMES
:secretkpop:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Got 5* groom Marth through TT today and... a freebie +Res, -HP 4* Lachesis from the Bridal Blessings banner. Couldn't you have been Nanna or something?

Anyway, I'm listening to Final Fantasy XIV's soundtrack, the Heavensward expansion of it, and yeah, it's pretty good.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going thunderstorm fans? :nifty::nifty::025::nifty:

So we've had a thunderstorm where I am, and it was really loud and obnoxious; I couldn't even sleep because of it. What made it worse was that I thought the time I got up at was 6am, turns out I got up at 3am; smh.

And I'm slowly making some progress on my work; had to overhaul some stuff, but I don't think it'll be too difficult?

i watched the han solo movie story thing. it was pretty good. not great, not terrible. alright

6 outta 10

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, who's ready for a Killer7 PC release? Apparently it was announced at Momocon and will be released in Fall 2018. I never picked it up for the PS2 or GameCube, but it did look interesting at the time. Siliconera article: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/26/killer7-announced-pc-fall-2018-release/.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it would make sense for Travis Touchdown to be a guest character in Smash.

Quick edit: Also, freebie +Res, -Spd 4* Donnel from the Stance banner. Maybe I should have picked the red orb...

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
A 12 y/o animated catboy has more beautiful romance in his fictional life than me. RIP

Whaddya think of my Dragon Slayer Felicia
That's a different build for sure. Good job tho. She'd definitely be a good dragon slayer. Except I'd choose Atk Smoke so she'd take tickle/no damage and be able to solo 4 dragons by herself.

I was thinking of Astra Felicia with her standard plate, since Astra Felicia should be able to take out all targets. But my Felicia is +10 so she better. >:^(

So, who's ready for a Killer7 PC release? Apparently it was announced at Momocon and will be released in Fall 2018. I never picked it up for the PS2 or GameCube, but it did look interesting at the time. Siliconera article: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/05/26/killer7-announced-pc-fall-2018-release/.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it would make sense for Travis Touchdown to be a guest character in Smash.

Quick edit: Also, freebie +Res, -Spd 4* Donnel from the Stance banner. Maybe I should have picked the red orb...
Travis is such a bad-good boi. I'd like it if he got in, although he'd technically be another sword user... At least he could be more creative with his moveset instead of being poky slice poky slice like the other clone sword heauxes. I never directly played No More Heroes but I've seen friends play it. I should probably add it to my list. It looked like Godhand without the anime girl sidekick.

Let's hope Cloud is cut and Travis takes his place instead. :^)

Top Bottom