• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I feel so groovy! Context: listening to Flamingosis's A Groovy Thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-HossxeWc.
That album is clearly G-Rated Bara Lucio approved:

oops images are broken again

I'm going to be so mad if M!Morgan drops. He shows up when I wanted F!Morgan, he shows up as +Spd, -Def, and then he ends up being a 4* summonable red mage when miraculously, I was able to summon his 5* self. Meanwhile, all the other red mages that I had trouble summoning earlygame.
Why would you be mad about summoning such a precious boi? gorl u gonna catch deez hands if you take precious bois for granted. Even at 4* getting characters is pretty dumbdiculous for the red summoning pool. The green/colorless summoning pools are a little more forgiving tho.

I have a feeling they might not demote any of them. Paladin Chrom is really good offensively, has a legendary weapon, and has a full set of passives; F!Morgan's the first regularly available ranged flier, and M!Morgan has a legendary tome and introduced a new series of skills, Dull Ranged. I'm getting to the point where I feel like the developers are making three character banners with the intention that the GHB or TT unit is everyone's "demoted" unit. Everyone can get them, they can get them as 4* stars, and they're locked out of natures so they can't be that +whatever unit you want and that you have to be lucky or spend a crapton of orbs to get. They could have put Owain on the banner, but nope, so now we have Odin as part of the Awakening maps and I was thinking that it was a missed opportunity for the Fallen Heroes banner to not have slapped in possessed Gunter and have him be a demote because who's really expecting witch Celica (it's Celica), Hardin (Gradivus, Bold Fighter), or GM!Robin (armored dragon with abs, Vengeful Fighter) to drop? Gunter on the other hand? Oh look, a potential axe cavalier like Kieren and Lex. Oh wait, that didn't happen, so we're still stuck with three axe cavaliers to this day: Frederick and Gunter who are pretty much the same units and Titania.
One of them has to get demoted since this isn't a special banner like the Spooky Evil Gorls, Brave Gorls, or Far Fetched Gorls. It'd be nice if they just demoted both Morgans since they have defensive skills. It seems F!Morgan's defensive skills are on the "rarer" side of things, along with a filled out kit (lookit all dem skeelz). M!Morgan looks very standard. Being able to get 4* Spur Def/Res would be pretty useful for buffing up Infantries which IS has been desperately trying to do ever since Infantry Pulse was released loloops.

As for the banners, I think they're doing 3 units over 4 so they can spread out unit release dates. But also so they can demote 1 and only have 2 in the 5* pool instead of 3. tbh they should just drop 1 of each into 3*/4*, 4*, and 5* to balance out summoning pools. Or just revamp them manually. It's getting a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I got a +def/-spd Horsie Boi Chrom. He's OK. Not amazing. His gimmick is kind of lame. I gave him Close Def but I kind of regret it given how his gimmick works when he's below 100% hp and not at 100%. But more importantly I got a +spd/-res Sothe. He's basically a more powerful B!Cordelia as far as I'm concerned. He also has abs. Not sure if he will be my next +10. Raven might be since he is an angry nuke boi. I already have a +5 Boey but still waiting for -spd for best min/max.

I hope M!Morgan drops to 4* instead of F!Morgan. He has a different type of niche/gimmick thanks to his tome, so he's not just another red tome heaux that nukes and runs. Whereas F!Morgan is a flying run of the mill tome heaux. But her dropping to 4* would be very nice for F2P and overall balance since M!Morgan is just a red magical Clarisse with a cuter/more precious personality ofc. Either way we win I guess. She's also the only flying magical user that's on a flying horse instead of a flying lizard (we don't speak of H!Nowi).

Better than me lol. I flop between 16-19 depending on my luck with bonus units. If there are no bonus units for me to use I drop a tier, if there are, I climb or stay in place. As long as I'm getting 3/4 orbs I'm happy.

Raven tome builds rely on enemy phase more than player phase. Red is easily the worst defensive color and will probably remain that way until something absurd comes out. Like... red or green Rein absurd.

Not to say Sophia or Lyon are bad. It's their typing and the current assortment of units in the game that put them at a disadvantage. In the end Oliver or Boey wind up being better Raven gorls. More so Oliver than Boey, surprisingly enough. I guess beauty is the true power in this game, not tsundereness or preciousness.

J U S T ♥ O L I V E R as it should be :^)

BST < SP < Merges. So the most effective way is to throw extra merges on your core units since that's 2-for-1. The easiest way is to give them bumps to SP by using prf/refined weapons, +assists, Aether, and so on. +assists = dual rallies, +heals, or Sacrifice (which costs 400sp so ban Micaiah). Distant Counter/Close Counter are also pretty good for boosting SP totals and making your units more annoying if they have Vantage... But that means no gimmick/powerful abilities to help them out.
I wouldn’t say Female Morgan is just a typical blue tome. Compared to the newer ones like Tailtiu, Delthea, and L’Arachel, she’s a lot more defensive. Which is refreshing. Male Morgan is also pretty cool though
Horse Chrom is really good imo. His default skill set does so well together, and he can be really fast with a neutral or +Spd nature. I think he’s definitely the best Falchion when you don’t include Alm

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why would you be mad about summoning such a precious boi? gorl u gonna catch deez hands if you take precious bois for granted. Even at 4* getting characters is pretty dumbdiculous for the red summoning pool. The green/colorless summoning pools are a little more forgiving tho.
I'm just still annoyed that when I wanted red mages early on, I couldn't get the non-starting red mages or if they did eventually show up, they were -Atk (Henry and Tharja) or -Spd (Tharja). Now, I'm fine, summoning the remaining red mage would be nice, especially mage knight Eirika, Leo, ToD Nowi, and winter Tharja since they would be different non-infantry, and I like having M!Morgan around, but I wanted F!Morgan over him and paladin Chrom because she was another chance at getting a flying mage. M!Morgan being 4* summonable is kind of like "Remember when you had trouble summoning red mages? Well, here's 5* M!Morgan and he's going to be even easier to summon as a 4* to 5* red if you want another one."

One of them has to get demoted since this isn't a special banner like the Spooky Evil Gorls, Brave Gorls, or Far Fetched Gorls. It'd be nice if they just demoted both Morgans since they have defensive skills. It seems F!Morgan's defensive skills are on the "rarer" side of things, along with a filled out kit (lookit all dem skeelz). M!Morgan looks very standard. Being able to get 4* Spur Def/Res would be pretty useful for buffing up Infantries which IS has been desperately trying to do ever since Infantry Pulse was released loloops.

As for the banners, I think they're doing 3 units over 4 so they can spread out unit release dates. But also so they can demote 1 and only have 2 in the 5* pool instead of 3. tbh they should just drop 1 of each into 3*/4*, 4*, and 5* to balance out summoning pools. Or just revamp them manually. It's getting a bit ridiculous
I'm just being my pessimistic self. :p

That said, the recent new units banners having only three units and one of them being alternate versions of characters slows things down with how they introduce units. Whenever a GHB or TT is involved, four units do come with each banner, but for some, it's more like three or less units because one unit is already in the game and now there's an alternate version of them. We're getting new units, but it's not like we're getting paladin Chrom, the Morgans, and whoever else new units if that makes any sense. In some cases, we have games that aren't that well-known or popular let alone FE games having a bunch of characters and they could just shove in a random, filler unit to pad out the banner. Of course, this would piss off people because there would be another unit that could show up instead of the units they want and that unit would probably be the 4* demote instead of someone else, but for example, they could have had Dagdar on the upcoming Thracia 776 banner and have him be the Slaying Hammer guy -- Dagdar does have a Hammer in his inventory -- so that we'd have someone with Slaying Hammer and another axe infantry. He could also have something else like maybe Def Tactic 3 as his 4* skill since we're at a point in FEH that there are a lot of interesting skills, but a lot of them are locked behind 5*-only summons and some on limited summons. Granted, we don't know what GHB or TT will follow the Thracia 776 banner, but I kind of would like to see more units in general.

Also, for those wondering, this is what Dagdar looks like.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Have any of you heard of Kimbra? She's totally underrated and deserves more recognition

This song in particular is super good. It gives me Björk vibes tbh

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going _/_/ fans? :nifty::nifty:

Just got some snow over here, so I'm not doing the rounds today; but at least I'll be in the warmth.

Also, I checked the pricing of BBTAG, it'll cost £45 for those living in the UK off of Amazon. So I'm predicting the DLC will cost either £15 or £20. So £3/£4 per character pack.

In Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links news; there's going to be a new event focusing on Tea called Supreme Tea. Where she'll be dropping Fairy cards as rewards and I think Sanctuary of the Sky as well, sounds like it can be an interesting event, but honestly; I don't think Tea will benefit from these cards, Ishizu will though. Since she also has a Skill that grants her +1000 LP when she draws a Fairy card from her deck.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I sacrificed a 5* Raven and a couple of other units in other to complete the fliers quest for Xander's GHB. It was worth it. :p

Also, a +HP, -Atk 4* Abel from the Chrom & Lissa BHB banner. That BHB was surprisingly easy. I would have completed each difficulty on the first try, but I screwed up positioning BH Lyn and PA Shigure so I could use him to get her out after she destroyed the flier on infernal. Oh well.

For other Fire Emblem stuff, apparently Tharja's gameplay was teased during a recent Cipher stream. Not sure how much was teased since Siliconera said no recordings or photos were allowed to be taken. Article link: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/1...arja-shown-off-fire-emblem-cipher-livestream/.

And I'm kind of getting hungry for Smash Switch news. The game's supposed to be released this year, so at most in 9 months, but it would be nice if there was a tidbit of info here and there. I know we just learned that it existed and the Inklings will be in, but I want more. MORE. :p

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I sacrificed a 5* Raven and a couple of other units in other to complete the fliers quest for Xander's GHB. It was worth it. :p
y wuld u sacrifice best angery boi??? omg gorl no stop

And I'm kind of getting hungry for Smash Switch news. The game's supposed to be released this year, so at most in 9 months, but it would be nice if there was a tidbit of info here and there. I know we just learned that it existed and the Inklings will be in, but I want more. MORE. :p
Well, the good news is...
this is g-rated bara btw

I just hope we get a story mode. We're probably going to get Wii U/3DS exclusives slapped into the game. I'm guessing it'll just be a fancy port with new characters and maybe some changes (like stage positioning, less roll safety, jiggly not dying when her shield breaks OR make her super good so she rarely has to shield in the first place, BAN•ZELDA, etc).

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going dead social? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

Just printed out some stuff in regards to my next assessment for University which will be all about animating. Looked at some parts briefly, seems like I won't be using Source FilmMaker. Oh well.

Also, for those that missed out; Final Round 2018 happened and I managed to watch a majority of the Dragon Ball FighterZ Top 8.

Here are the results:
1st. GO1 (Perfect Cell/Adult Gohan/Vegeta SSJ)
2nd. SonicFox (Goku Black/Android 16/Hit)
3rd. Dogura (Kid Buu/Perfect Cell/Vegeta SSJ)
4th. Kazunoko (Adult Gohan/Goku Black/Vegeta SSJ)
5th. Nakkiel (Kid Buu/Goku SSJ/Adult Gohan)
5th. ChrisG (Trunks/Android 18/Vegeta SSJ)
7th. Moke (Perfect Cell/Trunks/Vegeta SSJ)
7th. Momochi (Adult Gohan/Android 16/Goku Black)

What was funny is that SonicFox said Vegeta was the worst character in the game, and the Top 8 had FIVE Vegetas. He then said Vegeta was not the worst, he's OK. :secretkpop:

Oh, and GO1 and SonicFox had an exhibition match as well. GO1 bodied SonicFox 4-10.

I'm hopeful for more Smash 5 news as well, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. Probably near E3 or in another direct that they could broadcast sometime in the future. Who knows. (Still predicting Spring Man, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Rex and/or Pyra/Homura to be confirmed.)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
y wuld u sacrifice best angery boi??? omg gorl no stop
Because I wanted to see if I could do the fliers quest for Xander's GHB, I wasn't going to invest in that particular Raven when I have a +Atk and +Spd Raven even though they're 4*, and I needed to get rid of units. There's a couple of 5* units who I have, but don't use much like that random +Res, -Atk 5* Catria I have is just sitting there and existing.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Does FEH ever get exhausting? That was the case for me so I quit in August.

Good thing I did because there are three units I'd go broke to +10. That's literally a vacation or something.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Here's a useful arena score calculator that shows you both your combined average score of your team and the individual score of each unit. I can give you an example of what my team looks like if you're interested. Feel free to ask me any questions, gorl.
Thanks for the calculator, I'll fill out the team I used that week when I have a chance and get back to you for your opinion.

Have any of you heard of Kimbra? She's totally underrated and deserves more recognition
Sort of reminds me of a more folksy Bon Iver.

Does FEH ever get exhausting? That was the case for me so I quit in August.
The burnout possibilities are super real, yeah.

Luckily they've added a huge amount of QoL components to the game, tweaked a lot of the events to be far less grindy, etc.

Even Tempest Trials, the mode most infamous for causing burnout in FEH when it started can basically be finished with two runs a day (maybe 10 minutes) and then ignored for the most part. Which is pretty reasonable for a mode that only shows up once a month or so.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So we got Bunny Sharena and Bunny Alfonse. wtf IS pls stop omg gib refines 2 me 4 askr gorls kthnx

The new weapons are cool since they're Clarissa's Bow for axes and green/blue tomes but the unit choice is so random. I'll happily save orbs for the next barrage of Legendary gorls.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Astolfo Bean fans? :nifty:

Going to be having a meeting soon with my TA about this final part of my current course. Had a look at my Computer Marked Assessment results and oh boy; they look rough. I think that's the first one I actually failed at. Hopefully I can redeem this in this final part of the course.

We got a new trailer for Bardock now. He looks pretty rad to be honest and his theme is nice too. :yeahboi:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
How's it going Astolfo Bean fans? :nifty:
...why would you do this.

The new weapons are cool since they're Clarissa's Bow for axes and green/blue tomes but the unit choice is so random. I'll happily save orbs for the next barrage of Legendary gorls.
I couldn't stop laughing at "Ninjabbit attack!", and the carrot shuriken looks really good as fodder.

Though I'm pretty sure the next Legendary hero is gonna be the General we captured, so if I do go for this banner's flier, I can wait a month to see if the next legendary hero is also a flier before wasting all my orbs on pity breakers anyway.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
The new weapons are cool since they're Clarissa's Bow for axes and green/blue tomes
kinda but not really

the new tomes have a sort of chill effect (one is -5 atk/def to foe with lowest res and the other is -5 atk/res to foe with lowest spd). alfonse's axe is just an inheritable axe version of the wo dao

although flying dagger is interesting, i won't be pulling on this banner. give me a flying or armored healer and then i'll be interested

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh great, another flying ranged unit I wouldn't be able to summon. Well, at least FEH is up to 4 axe cavaliers now and one of them is seasonal. I bet that Alfonse will just end up as a green Luke with extra stats which would change nothing since we would still have Alfonse/Frederick/Gunter as the slow, tanky axe cavaliers and Titania, the not slow, tanky axe cavalier. Could have had Kieran be the offensive, balanced axe cavalier, could have had Lex be the axe Luke who's always in the summoning pool, and we could have had Duessel be a mixed tank even if he were slow, but nope because those banners had to be three character banners.

Anyway, Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner is getting another remaster and will be for the PS4 and PC: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/20/zone-enders-2nd-runner-mars-launches-september-japan/. I do hope a third game eventually is released and maybe with Hideo Kojima's involvement or someone who has an idea of what the series is about and can continue the series as such. Probably not going to happen, though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I literally screeched S T O P.

I suppose they were all "oh there is only 1 boy, better make him obviously lewd for fans to be gross/happy about." He's fully clothed but is PG-rated lewd at the very least. This is unacceptable. i cri bcuz i am a pure gorl n now alfonse is not a pure boi even tho he has a precious boi VA/is supposed to be a dork.

I couldn't stop laughing at "Ninjabbit attack!", and the carrot shuriken looks really good as fodder.

Though I'm pretty sure the next Legendary hero is gonna be the General we captured, so if I do go for this banner's flier, I can wait a month to see if the next legendary hero is also a flier before wasting all my orbs on pity breakers anyway.
That may or may not be a possibility. I wonder if it will be a bara colorless dragon man. We need more dragon bois and more bara bois, so 2-in-1 works well.

'Ninjabbit attack'

Makes me wonder what the voice actress was thinking when she said that line.
"y r u liek dis, IS?"

kinda but not really

the new tomes have a sort of chill effect (one is -5 atk/def to foe with lowest res and the other is -5 atk/res to foe with lowest spd). alfonse's axe is just an inheritable axe version of the wo dao

although flying dagger is interesting, i won't be pulling on this banner. give me a flying or armored healer and then i'll be interested
Ye I agree, flying healer already ffs. It sucks that Wo Dao Dagger/Axe are seasonal. For swords it's just routine. Hopefully each weapon gets a special gimmick to fall back on that's inheritable and not seasonal.

Also I didn't read the tome things all the way lol. So they're Chills with weird requirements? gg pls sux less IS. Still it's a lame line-up but the Alfonse thing is the mark of something IS kinda-already knew. IS probably now realizes that the fans want naughty bois as much as they want naughty gorls. But that's I M P U R E and L E W D :^(

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also I didn't read the tome things all the way lol. So they're Chills with weird requirements? gg pls sux less IS.
They're closer to Gunnthrá's Chilling Seal. Catria targets the person with the lowest Res and drops their Atk and Def by 5 each, while Sharena targets the person with the lowest Spd and drops their Atk and Res by 5 each.
I'd say Catria's is better for supporting someone else, while Sharena benefits more from the effects herself. (Catria isn't going to benefit from lowering their Def at all lol, what was IS thinking)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ye I agree, flying healer already ffs. It sucks that Wo Dao Dagger/Axe are seasonal. For swords it's just routine. Hopefully each weapon gets a special gimmick to fall back on that's inheritable and not seasonal.
Yeah, people have been complaining about that since Kagami Mochi was a seasonal Killer Dagger. The worst part is that Fates has a Killer Dagger called Barb Shuriken, but Asugi, Kaze, Yukimura, and whoever else have been MIA for as long as Sumia has been. Fates also has the Great Club in addition to the Killer Axe and Beruka's Axe, so they could have just introduced that onto a reclassed Hinata or something if they wanted Fuga and Rinkah to have their own clubs, Fuga's Club and Rinkah's Club. Not sure what they could do with bows, daggers, lances, tomes, and whatever else for Wo Dao equivalents, but they could come up with something other than locking it behind seasonal units. Speaking of Sumia, at this point Sumia being a flying healer would be the best thing since it's going to be rough to compete against all the other lance fliers without a legendary/personal weapon like Altena and Awakening doesn't have sword-wielding pegasus knights.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going ⑨ fans? :nifty::nifty:

So I found out yesterday that Touhou Gensou Wanderer Reloaded now has an official release date in the US and Europe.

July 17th in the US, July 20th in the EU.

But it does have some extra playable characters that I think the Japanese version is lacking? But it has Youmu Konpaku, Komachi Onozuka, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Iku Nagae, Futo no Mononobe and Seija Kijin (Still waiting for one of the actual Touhou fighters to come to Switch. Hoping for 15.5 or the inevitable 16.5.)

Also, do you think Blazblue Tag will eventually get an Open Beta for the Switch? Since the PS4 version will do I think 5 days before launch (Which will be closed), then the remaining 2 days will be an Open one. Probably to test the online functionality (Though I honestly would've thought they'd do a Closed/Open Beta earlier then days before launch, maybe Team Blue are limited on some things).

I also am planning on making a Sylvan deck, thankfully a lot of the items I need aren't too difficult to get, though I will need to try and get 3 Komushroomos, I'll keep going at the new Mini Box until I get 3 Komushroomos, since I heard the new Insect Support while nice isn't that great now. Sylvans are amazing though.

But this is what I'll plan on running thanks to Gunsblazing:

Duelist: Mai Valentine/Paradox Brothers/Bonz
Skill: Restart

Monsters:
x3 Sylvan Komushroomo
x3 Sylvan Marshalleaf
x3 Sylvan Hermitree
x3 Rose Lover
x2 World Carrotweight Champion
x2 Sylvan Flowerknight
x1 Sylvan Guardioak

Spells:
x1 Hey, Trunade!
x1 Raging Mad Plants
x1 Enemy Controller

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Sort of reminds me of a more folksy Bon Iver.
That song that I linked is really an outlier because most of her other stuff is a lot poppier than that. I just adore that song in particular because I love weird electropop stuff like that. Here's a more typical song of hers (another one that I really, really like):

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Six summons because why not. Spoilers: I didn't get anyone. Once again, I'm denied a ranged flier.
4* Draug: +HP, -Res.

4* Gunter: +Def, -Res. I wish he was -Spd instead. Oh well.

3* Henry: +Res, -HP.

3* Laslow: +HP, -Atk.

4* Shanna: +Res, -Spd. Desperation 3 for M!Morgan.

3* Eliwood: +Spd, -Res.

4* Lukas: +HP, -Spd.

4* Matthew: +Spd, -Atk.

4* Oboro: +Spd, -Def.

4* Ogma: +Atk, -HP.

4* Cordelia: +Res, -Def.

4* Donnel: +HP, -Spd.

4* Merric: neutral.

4* Peri: +Atk, -Spd.

3* adult Tiki: +Def, -Atk.

3* Azama: +Res, -HP. Sent home.

4* Marth: +Res, -Spd. Oh joy, the opposite of what I wanted.

4* Raven: +Spd, -HP. This is my second copy of a +Spd, -HP Raven. Would have preferred -Res, but whatever.

4* Seliph: +Spd, -Res. Of course you're the sword lord with this boon/bane and you're the second Seliph with it too. Freaking Seliph doesn't even get a superboon with +Spd because of his speed growth.

4* Soren: +Def, -Spd.

3* Donnel: +Res, -Spd.

3* Lissa: +Atk, -Def.

4* Selena: +Res, -HP. Cool, 32/31 defenses as a 5*.

4* Stahl: +Spd, -HP.

3* Wrys: +Def, -HP.

4* Abel: +Spd, -Res.

3* Donnel: +Atk, -Res.

4* Gwendolyn: +Res, -Def. Why couldn't you have been -Spd?

4* Soleil: +Res, -HP.

3* Subaki: +Def, -Atk.

Also, a +Def, -HP 4* Lilina from the weapons to refine banner.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Double Boost fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

Going to be doing some research on one topic that I'll be focusing on for my final assessment. Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. I'll be focusing on LAN and WLAN research for my assessment.

Also, someone did an edit of the BBTAG silhouettes which seems pretty neat; but it's all just speculation.

Blazblue:
Hakumen, Izayoi, Mai and Nine.
Persona 4 Arena:
Labrys, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Naoto.
Under Night in-Birth:
Yuzuriha, Hilda, Mika and Vatista.

If this is true, it's going to be strange not having Teddie be playable; since he's the mascot of Persona 4. But I guess this can also be sort of cool having a 2/5ths of the roster be Persona 3 characters. But if this is true, then rip Teddie the character I was planning on maining.

Also, Hilda could be Arakune instead if you look at the silhouette she's overlapping.

Who do you guys think will make it into Blazblue Tag?

Also, I'm getting close to making a Sylvan deck. I just need 2 more copies of Sylvan Komushroomo and Sylvan Marshalleaf, then afterwards; I'll go to the Titans MiniBOX and try and get Raging Mad Plants.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I must have forgotten or missed the news about Ravio and Yuga being playable in Hyrule Warriors a while ago. I thought they were added in the definitive edition when I saw its newest trailer showing off Fi, Ghirahim, Ravio, Yuga, and Ganondorf. Nope, they've been in the game since one of the DLC for HW Legends.

And speaking of Warriors games, they released screenshots of Olivia, Owain, and Tharja: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/2...show-off-awakening-packs-owain-tharja-olivia/. Olivia has a unique looking sword, Owain has Missletainn, and Tharja has her own tome according to the article.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I only just barely beat the Koholint/Marin DLC map for HW Legends. Both out of not playing in a very long time (I played each DLC for like 5 minutes when they first came out, then didn't come back until earlier this month/year).

I'd rather not shill for HW DX, especially since it makes no sense that the release date being today for Japan while it won't be out til late May in English (game's already been translated twice but priorities), but I'm at least interested in the co-op/frame rates being much more stable this time, since I played 90% of the Wii U version with a friend, and the game being much more stable in general (more enemies on screen, juggle physics being better, all the 3DS perks like swapping/fairy magic/boss team up bonuses and obviously costumes.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
And speaking of Warriors games, they released screenshots of Olivia, Owain, and Tharja: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/2...show-off-awakening-packs-owain-tharja-olivia/. Olivia has a unique looking sword, Owain has Missletainn, and Tharja has her own tome according to the article.
It was also confirmed that Tharja is a Robin clone.

Infact there were quite a bunch of new info. The Awakening cast now has a Broken Armour model each, Chrom, Lissa and Cordelia now have alternate costumes; I think Olivia's stage also is Paralogue 5 from Awakening, makes sense since Lissa has an alternate costume based on her sister.

There's also a weapon that makes every enemy be at Lv. 150, but because of it you cannot attack; however your allies will fight better (So probably do more damage or something like that).

Also, apparently it's coming out this week.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It was also confirmed that Tharja is a Robin clone.
I wonder if Olivia is a Marth clone. Part of me has that feeling that it could happen. The screenshots showing Owain's dark powers is kind of funny since I know Ryoma's moveset involves him creating swords out of electricity, so Owain being a clone of him has to do something similar and his Odin Dark persona is, well, dark.

Anyway, June will be our first look at Smash Switch with the tournament and all. I wonder what characters will be available to play other than the Inklings, Mario, and Link of course. Maybe Zelda will appear and surprise us with how worse she's gotten. :p

Related to Smash Switch, I kind of want Twintelle or Dr. Coyle to be in just because of their float mechanic. Sure, Peach has it and there's other ARMS characters who would be just as interesting to see in Smash Switch, but it would just be interesting to see a different character with a float mechanic and how they would use it differently than Peach. Also, Twintelle being in and probably Bayonetta means people could do a hair fighters team or something.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going SimpleFlips' children? :nifty::nifty:

So the new event is out for Duel Links Buddhahobo Buddhahobo called Superb Tea, and she's an incredibly easy duelist to farm.

The rewards are all Fairy and Counter Trap themed, so if you wanna make a Fairy deck with the rewards you can get, I advise you do so.

And here's the deck I used to farm her. :yeahboi:

Duelist: Paradox Brothers
Skill: Elements, Unite!

Monsters:
x3 Thunder Dragon
x1 Gravekeeper's Vassal

Spells:
x2 Union Attack
x2 Blistering Winds
x1 Shard of Greed
x1 Secret Passage to the Treasures

Traps:
x3 Good Goblin Housekeeping
x3 Jar of Greed
x2 Overwhelm
x1 Xing Zhen Hu
x1 Ultimate Providence

Once you get Gate Guardian out, the farm is all set; Tea will only set monsters afterwards and I advise you DO NOT attack into them. As she can have Skelengels which can lead her to decking out, which is why I have tons of draw power in this deck.

Thunder Dragon to search for itself, Good Goblin Housekeeping so you can evenutally go +2 once two are in the GY. Jar of Greed because it's Jar of Greed and Shard of Greed is the same.

I have Overwhelm here as filler due to not having any more copies of Shard of Greed or Xing Zhen Hu. But they can be useful as discard fodder when she activates her Counter Traps like Divine Punishment, Magic Jammer and Divine Wrath thanks to Ultimate Providence.

Blistering Winds are there so you can get Gate Guardian from 3750 to 5750, which will be enough for Gravekeeper's Vassal to reach over 10k with Union Attack and Secret Pass. Can consistently get 7800 - 8000 Assessment Points. I've had a 100% Winrate/Farm rate with this deck.

Also, we got another Touhou game coming to the Switch, called Sky Arena -Matsuri- Climax, it looks more chaotic and hectic then say Kobuto V: Burst Battle that's for sure. I'll definitely try and pick it up when I have the chance.

Anyway, June will be our first look at Smash Switch with the tournament and all. I wonder what characters will be available to play other than the Inklings, Mario, and Link of course. Maybe Zelda will appear and surprise us with how worse she's gotten. :p

Related to Smash Switch, I kind of want Twintelle or Dr. Coyle to be in just because of their float mechanic. Sure, Peach has it and there's other ARMS characters who would be just as interesting to see in Smash Switch, but it would just be interesting to see a different character with a float mechanic and how they would use it differently than Peach. Also, Twintelle being in and probably Bayonetta means people could do a hair fighters team or something.
I'm thinking Zelda will always be a bad character in Smash. She also has been, the only time she wasn't outright garbage was in Melee where she was sitting just out of the border of Bottom Tier; but now I don't think she'll even leave Bottom Tier. :V

I am super curious on what they'll reveal at the Invitational too. I would like to see if the Ice Climbers and Wolf return, and possibly see some newcomers aside from the Inklings; I am hoping for Rex and/or Pyra, but we could see Spring Man too.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm thinking Zelda will always be a bad character in Smash. She also has been, the only time she wasn't outright garbage was in Melee where she was sitting just out of the border of Bottom Tier; but now I don't think she'll even leave Bottom Tier. :V

I am super curious on what they'll reveal at the Invitational too. I would like to see if the Ice Climbers and Wolf return, and possibly see some newcomers aside from the Inklings; I am hoping for Rex and/or Pyra, but we could see Spring Man too.
Eh, you could tweak some things about Zelda and she'd be decent at worst. That's just saying something, though, since in practice, you might have to reanimate, create, and definitely test things out to make sure she didn't get even worse or became pretty busted. Case in point: I have no idea how Falco's Dair and Falco Phantasm made it past QA in Melee. They're cool moves, but when put into context of the other characters, almost nobody had anything close to those moves. If they did, then whatever, but they didn't. The closest was Marth's Dair, but his did not last as long as Falco's and nobody, absolutely nobody and to this day has the horizontal range of Falco Phantasm for a spike. Anyway, I'm beginning to rant again.

Zelda's in a share situation where I feel like most if not all Smash characters are stuck in. The developers want them to be unique, but that's pretty difficult to do when some characters don't have source material for moves and there's only roughly 20 moves for each character; jab/neutral combo, 3 tilts, 3 smashes, 4 specials, 4 aerials, 4 throws, and a Final Smash, in addition to miscellaneous stuff like getup attacks. Compare this with Street Fighter V which does not have proximity-based normals: 6 standing normals, 6 crouching normals, 6 aerials, 2 standing throws, at least 2 specials, and at least 1 command normal, 1 V-Skill, 2 V-Triggers as of Season 2, and a Super. That's 27 moves and of which normals, standing, crouching, and aerials, make up 18. This isn't about quantity over quality or vice versa, but the importance that each move and each attribute for that matter have for a Smash character. For example, Zelda's Bair doesn't really have to be "good". It can be situational or a very high risk, high reward type of deal, but what does that mean for the rest of her moves? If she has Bair, but also Fair as essentially the same move, then she has reduced options compared to someone else who has different moves like say, Captain Falcon, Cloud, and kind of Ganondorf who have a reverse situation where their Fairs are more situational, but their Bairs are more flexible in use. Or perhaps the Robins and Toon Link whose Fair and Bair are interchangeable at times, but they're flexible moves in general. At the same time, you also have someone like Falco whose Nair and Fair are interchangeable, but that creates an issue of he has two similar forward-hitting, multi-hitting attacks at the cost of a more central Nair or more powerful or more forward-reaching Fair.

I'd also like to talk about the intention of moves like what is the purpose of Din's Fire and in relation to other moves, but I don't want to go on a lecture about Smash. Essentially, I feel like the developers should examine the characters more and fine-tune them and/or change them if necessary. That's a lot of work considering there's 58 characters from Smash 4, give or take a couple and once again, I get that the developers want to make everyone unique and the game to be fun and accessible, but there are some characters I feel like have to change.

Again, bias, but Falco's on my top list, especially if Wolf returns. Falco's already in a situation of Fire Bird is a slower Fire Wolf and shorter-traveling and free-fall momentum-locking Fire Fox, Falco's Blaster is probably going to be much less practical than Wolf's Blaster, Bair's pretty much stolen, but tweaked on a character who doesn't really have the mobility to abuse it, and ditto with Up Smash which at this point is really good move, but Wolf's Up Smash will leave a lot to be desired if all it gains is invincibility since it would be slower and I'll need to check, but weaker than Falco's. This is in addition to his issues of what even is rapid jab's frame data, why does Dtilt have a massive disjoint, why did Uair become a weak juggle Uair on a slow-moving character instead of just losing its sourspot, why does Down Smash still have an 80 degree sourspot from Melee, Falco Phantasm is a ridiculously broken concept, and among other things if stupid stuff keep getting carried over and over from each game or even created like Brawl Dtilt's nerf and Smash 4's Dtilt disjoint. Melee Dtilt was fine, so why change it other than lowering its damage a bit?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Falco enthusiasts? :nifty::4falco::falco::falcomelee::nifty:

Had to help out with the garden yesterday, cut down a bunch of trees; so that's all done. Also, I was suppose to go to a face to face tutorial, but couldn't make it due to my mother not feeling well.

Also, someone did another look at the silhouettes for BBTAG. They think it won't be Hilda that will make it in, but Merkava. So we may see either Evil Karin or Wacky Waving Arm Flailing Alien. :secretkpop:

Superb Tea was also VERY generous to me one time when farming her; I managed to get 5 Prismatic Packs from her. Which is awesome, I got 2 Divine Punishments, 2 Heralds and 1 of the other SRs. So now I just need the remaining cards from her then I'm done.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
So the new event is out for Duel Links Buddhahobo Buddhahobo called Superb Tea, and she's an incredibly easy duelist to farm.
I'm way too busy to farm anything right now. Which is annoying, cause I've been waiting for months for the rest of those angel cards to finally show up.

"In order to improve Zelda, we have decided to turn her down-b back into a transforming move. However because Sheik as her own character was so well received, Zelda now removes her soul and reanimates a Deku Knight like in Spirit Tracks. However, the Deku Knight is not located on the stage itself so Zelda's body just sits there unable to attack for the rest of the match as Zelda tries to run from Hyrule Castle back to where ever the battle's being held on 1 sec = 1 km ratio"

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I see Lil Puddin Lil Puddin has summoned and promoted a M!Morgan. Two questions: why does he have Seal Def 3 and why Luna over Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang? Most characters don't have good resistance, so Luna might not add much damage compared to Draconic Aura. Or even Glimmer if you're using Rauthblade on him.

Anyway, I managed to complete F!Robin and Ursula's fliers quests and now I have Book 1's lunatic chain challenges done. Chapters 11, 12, and 13 were basically throw Fjorm and vanguard Ike with Quick Riposte at everything and have Wrys or a healer who can heal massive chunks of health to keep them in QR range. Well, I don't really know what to do now in FEH besides waiting for new content, cleaning up my barracks, and figuring out who to build. If some wascally wabbits showed up, maybe I would have had something to do. I just wanted a ninjabbit and spring Catria because they're funny.

So, has anyone seen the gameplay for Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes? It looks like an interesting overhead view beat-em-up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom