• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Even though I will absolutely get Soren's refinement at some point, it isn't SUPER amazing so I think I'm going to wait to get a Soren that isn't -Atk or -Spd first.
So that should take... 9 months? No, that's too generous. I'll probably get him when FE19 releases.
Would you like my +Spd, -Res Soren? He's kinda taking up space... Kinda. *still has 540/540 units*

Quick edit: Smash Switch stuff? I only ask that Falco be absent and it publicly stated that Revali took his place because Falco is a **** stain of character and game design in Smash. **** Melee Falco, **** Brawl Falco, and **** Smash 4 Falco. If he comes back, this ******* bird better be revamped or else because hooooo boy, this asshat's history in Smash pissed me off to no end.

Becoming a Falco mod was a mistake.

Edit: Page steal! This post is dedicated to my anger against Falco. :p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If it comes back, it would be nice.

2018 release date doesn't leave much time though, especially given how we're probably not getting more information about this until E3.
They could just tease concept art and maybe parts of stages until the full reveal. Shots of Mario, Yoshi, and other characters who don't really "stand out" could work as well. Or they could be devious and screenshot minute details of characters like here's a tuft of brown spiky hair. Guess who? And have everyone frothing at their mouths trying to figure who it is.

One thing I'm wondering is guest characters. I don't know if they can top Smash 4's pantheon. They could just bring them back, but that kind of defeats the purpose of guest characters. The game was probably in development for a long time, but I wonder how much recent events may have affected it. For one, Fire Emblem had two recent releases that definitely created fans of different characters and some of them were probably on short notice in context to Smash Switch's development. I'd love it if Celica joins as a mage character or Hector as a non-sword FE character, but people will probably complain about FE characters and sword users.

I'd laugh if Reinhardt ends up making it into Smash Switch and immediately is found out to be a top tier character.

Edit: I just realized something: if Falco and Revali are in Smash Switch, then there would be two characters with fat, flappy fingers! Seriously, look at Falco's fingers in Smash 4. They're so chunky and Revali might have them too. :joyful:

Yes, I know. I'm dumb and I find amusement in the stupidest of things.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Yaaaay smash switch
Rex and Pyra/Mythra pls and thank you

Also the rest of the Direct was pretty good. Nothing bad in my opinion

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Still not going back to Tr4sh lel
Hope the rest of you enjoy it though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, was meaning to mention this. Burgundy Burgundy , someone on FEH's subreddit noticed that M!Corrin's Yato looks a bit different in the Edit Brigades help boxes. So, it's getting a new sprite update like with Durandal, someone with a new Yato is going to be introduced soon and M!Corrin will be able to evolve his Yato, M!Corrin' getting the ability to refine Yato and it getting a new visual effect with it, or it actually means nothing. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/82v9na/yato_upgrade_incoming/.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
All I ask is for Zelda to be functional and for Bayonetta to return

Zelda has been absolute trash since 2001 and she deserves better. Idc if Bayonetta is nerfed into the ground; she’s my favorite video game character of all time and I need her in smash

Idk what I’ll do if Zelda is still bad (which is probs what will happen) and Bayo isn’t in the game. I might finally make the switch to Peach

I hope we get a new Fire Emblem character tho (Celica???)

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Here's to Zelda not being awful in her 4th rendition.

Give Peach her lagless fair back.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Zelda being based on her BotW appearance might mean she could have decent running speed since she wouldn't be wearing her dress. Could you imagine Zelda unrestrained by her dress still running as slow as she does in Smash 4 and before? It's probably going to happen knowing Zelda. I also expect her Down Special to be changed into something that uses the Sheikah Slate and it ending up being worse than Smash 4's launch Phantom Slash.

Anyway, it's also going to be weird if Link, Zelda, and I guess Sheik since the Sheikah exist in BotW look like their BotW selves and Ganondorf is still his Twilight Princess self. Ganondorf's body doesn't exist in BotW, right? It's only the miasma Ganon thingie?

KatKit

Smash Lord
If they gave us SSJ3 hair Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors just because, that'd be cool (and more recent) than his TP version.

I don't know what they'll do for Pants-Zelda, but I hope she gets revamped yet still feels familiar enough to be enjoyable a la Brawl Falco.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Oh yeah, was meaning to mention this. Burgundy Burgundy , someone on FEH's subreddit noticed that M!Corrin's Yato looks a bit different in the Edit Brigades help boxes. So, it's getting a new sprite update like with Durandal, someone with a new Yato is going to be introduced soon and M!Corrin will be able to evolve his Yato, M!Corrin' getting the ability to refine Yato and it getting a new visual effect with it, or it actually means nothing. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/82v9na/yato_upgrade_incoming/.
That was absolutely the first thing I noticed
Gimme gimme gimme

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
All I ask is for Zelda to be functional and for Bayonetta to return

Zelda has been absolute trash since 2001 and she deserves better. Idc if Bayonetta is nerfed into the ground; she’s my favorite video game character of all time and I need her in smash

Idk what I’ll do if Zelda is still bad (which is probs what will happen) and Bayo isn’t in the game. I might finally make the switch to Peach

I hope we get a new Fire Emblem character tho (Celica???)
I wonder if Robin will be replaced with Celica, same moveset, reskin. It'd be easier and cheaper than making a new char. Buuuuuuut a FE gorl's gotta go or get swapped out.

Other than that I would love a good version of Zelda. She has to keep the sass and style. It's why I love her so much. As for Peach she's great. She's the cute low-key sassy type, she isn't even here to fight but she's still kicking booties bcuz she a lady boss.

If they gave us SSJ3 hair Ganondorf from Hyrule Warriors just because, that'd be cool (and more recent) than his TP version.

I don't know what they'll do for Pants-Zelda, but I hope she gets revamped yet still feels familiar enough to be enjoyable a la Brawl Falco.
Bara Fabulous Ganon would be nice, but dress Zelda must stay. She's so sparkly and fab. idk what pantsgorl would be.

Did you just post a link to your own tweet?

Like...why not just post the reaction pics themselves?
tbf Twitter would die if it weren't linked everywhere like that. :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I wonder if Robin will be replaced with Celica, same moveset, reskin. It'd be easier and cheaper than making a new char. Buuuuuuut a FE gorl's gotta go or get swapped out.

Other than that I would love a good version of Zelda. She has to keep the sass and style. It's why I love her so much. As for Peach she's great. She's the cute low-key sassy type, she isn't even here to fight but she's still kicking booties bcuz she a lady boss.
I really hope that Celica wouldn't be a Robin reskin. There's no connection between them whatsoever, so I'd hope they wouldn't be clones, but I guess that didn't stop Captain Falcon and Ganondorf from being semi-clones. I would suggest Alm being playable, but we don't need anymore FE sword lords. I guess he could make use of the bow he gets from his promoted class, but idk. I would hope they'd remove Lucina from the roster bc clone, and Corrin and Roy were DLC so idk if they'd make it in. Idk I hoped they'd cut Ike in Sm4sh, but that didn't end up happening so I have no clue what they'll end up doing. I think this is just going to be a port of sm4sh with some new things added anyway, so they might not even cut anyone

Since Link now has his BotW outfit, I assume Zelda will too. I'm not sure how I feel about that since I love the dress aesthetic of TP and OoT Zelda. I wonder if they'd make BotW Link and Zelda separate characters from their TP incarnations and give them new movesets? I'd be okay with that

Peach is good gorl and I like ha a lot. She has rainbows, can float, and smashes people with frying pans so idk what else you could want

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
The only FE character I want is Anna.

Peach needs a new Final Smash. That is as all. Otherwise perfect, but I'll take more random visual changes if they're like her Ribbon Up-smash, for example.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
if rex is in smash 5

PLEASE BE GOOD

othetwise im maining sans lul

:o yoo aleate what's up
I'm good. Employer offered an opportunity to leave Vancouver for a new position recently so I'm settling in a new city. How's everything on your end?

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
wew smash switch

once zelda gets introduced in sma5h then the new thread will open and we can finally make this a 100% FEH thread ayyyyy

but srsly this is cool

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for an expanded single player mode, or at least something that will finally justify all the amiibo they made.

That said, I'm really surprised at all the stories I'm reading by people who watched the direct. Was it really not obvious that it was a Smash trailer as soon as it started?
tbf Twitter would die if it weren't linked everywhere like that. :secretkpop:
Twitter is a crime against humanity, so it dying would be cause for a national holiday.

cuz that reaction pic is on my desktop and I was on my phone at the time.

:150:
Fair enough.

Though I probably would have gone with the obligatory

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I did remember this correctly; there was an update for the Nintendo Switch that gave support to GCN controllers: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/reggie_on_gamecube_controller_support_on_the_switch. Late October 2017, so about 6 months ago. It was supposed to be for third-party peripherals and the GCN controller just ended up working. Yeah, sure, perhaps it was coincidence it worked and perhaps it was more to that. If that works, then maybe Smash Switch can just use the same GCN controller adapters that the Wii U used.

On the subject of controller support, apparently Nintendo patented Donkey Konga drums and a keyboard for the Switch as well: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/0...key-konga-drums-keyboard-nintendo-switch-use/. I never played the Donkey Konga games. I just knew they existed.

Anyway, I've been listening to Shigeto's "No Better Time than Now" album this week. It's kind of what got me out of a rut with a sound design project. I'm not sure what my problem was with it, but I think it had to do with a combination of having a writer's block for sound design, stubbornness and a fixation on trying to solve a problem, overthinking, and the stress, frustration, and exhaustion that came with it. I've a clearer idea of what to do with it now, but anyway, the album's pretty funky. I'm not sure how to exactly describe what kind of genre it is. "Experimental" might work, but that might make you think of stuff that's way out there which the album isn't. It's all instrumental with some tracks having voice sounds, but not anything lyrical and there's a beat, a rhythm to it all. Here's a link to someone who uploaded his albume if anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqFwW7-EfbM.

Edit: Welp.
3* Cherche: +Spd, -Res. I'm pretty sure this is my third +Spd, -Res Cherche.

4* Clair: +Res, -Spd. Stop being -Atk or -Spd, Clair. Seriously.

3* Gwendolyn: +Atk, -Def.

4* Nowi: +Res, -Spd. Cool, 30/30 defenses at 5*.

3* M!Robin: +Res, -HP. Sure, I guess.

4* Effie: +Spd, -Atk. Oh joy...

4* Eliwood: +HP, -Res.

4* Leon: +Atk, -Def. Hey, my first Leon showed up again.

4* Sully: +HP, -Spd.

3* adult Tiki: +Spd, -Atk.

5* paladin Chrom: +Atk, -Def. Well, he's going to get down to Sealed Falchion's effect faster.

5* Faye: +Def, -Atk. Unlike my SoV Faye, this one wasn't RNG blessed in attack. Well, at least I have every SoV villager, but Gray.

3* Jagen: +Res, -Def.

4* Jeorge: +Def, -Spd.

4* Subaki: +Def, -Spd.

3* Azama: +HP, -Def.

4* Cecilia: +Res, -HP.

4* Marth: +Atk, -HP.

5* M!Morgan: +Spd, -Def.

4* Seliph: +Res, -Spd. Neat.

What the hell, game. I summoned everyone, but F!Morgan. I just want a flying mage.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so this was my free summon on the branded king banner:
BCCC6AB6-6A54-4FC4-BF55-E0CB1DAA133A.png
He’s +def -atk, which isn’t the worst thing ever

I’m not sure what I’ll do with him tbh

Edit: none of the Fallen Heroes units got demoted lmao

I was thinking about building a +10 Celica if she were demoted, but rip

this is not a good sign

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I hope Zelda is a playable character in this new 5mash. W/e it ends up being.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Touhou fa- SMAAAAAASH FIIIIIIVE!!!!

:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

...Anyway, gonna be doing some more work today and thought I'd give my overall thoughts on the Direct.

3DS Lineup:
WarioWare Gold - Surprised it took them this long to add WarioWare to the 3DS. Looks charming.
Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers - *Shrug* I thought the first one was alright, never played the 2nd one. And I thought this would be the only one that would be a Japan Exclusive. Nice to see it make an appearance.
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey - I'm glad they skipped Partners In Time, but honestly... I feel like the Bowser Jr.'s Journey is just a repeat of the Bowser's Minions story. Would've liked more, but oh well.
Detective Pikachu - This looks fun, can't wait to hear how snarky Pikachu is.
Luigi's Mansion - Okay, I did like the original Luigi's Mansion and this is a nice way to get people who have played the sequel to play this.

Switch Lineup:
Kirby Star Allies - I do like the idea of them adding more friends for Kirby in this game, looking forward to see who else will make it in. Maybe we'll see some characters from RTDL, Robobot and Triple Deluxe?
Okami HD - Ayy, finally. Ammy's back on Nintendo! After what feels like years.
Sushi Striker: Way of the Sushido - ...Why does this one feel kind of cheap? Eh.
Octopath Traveler - Hell yeah! This is one JRPG I'm hyped for, the game looks stunning and a July 13th Release date!? Oh you're too kind Square Enix~
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes - I've played both the original NMH games on the Wii, and I'm so glad to see The Medic from TF2, I mean Travis Touchdown return; this is going to be dumb fun. (Yes, The Medic from TF2 and Travis Touchdown share the same VA.)
Dark Souls Remastered - SOLTAIRE AMIIBO!! Seriously, I want that amiibo.
Mario Tennis ACES - I'm glad this one is looking to be WAY better then the Wii U version; plus the ability to play with normal rules is great. Also, I'll probably main Chain Chomp and Rosalina. Come at me.
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - I never did play this, but it's cute and charming. At least this is getting a 3DS port as well (Though I think the Switch version will do FAR better).
Beat Taiko: Nintendo Switch Edition (JP Only) - So this has Splatoon music in it. That's kind of rad.
Undertale Nintendo Switch Version - ...No thanks.
SaGa Scarlet Grace (JP Only) - Some of the characters do look alright, but I do feel like the battle system may not have a lot of depth.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Cloud (JP Only) - This is getting a Breath of the Wild costume for your avatar. That is rather rad.
Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy - I am so conflicted with this. I grew up with the trilogy back on the PS1 back in the 90s, but that Activision logo is making me so conflicted. I love Crash, but I also hate Activision. DON'T DO THIS TO ME!
Little Nightmares: Complete Edition - I remember watching Markiplier play through this, it was a nice, atmospheric game and the whole Pac-Man hood is cute and silly.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole - I'll probably skip this, I wasn't really that into South Park.
ARMS - So there's going to be a Testpunch again and a Tournament held at Nintendo Headquarters. Nice.
Splatoon 2 v.3.0 - I'm glad that we get to see tons of new clothes for the characters, and we get to FINALLY play as an Octoling!? HELL YEAH! I'm sure some people will be disappointed by the price tag for the expansion, but really? The game has been giving out constant free updates, so this is actually kind of a breath of fresh air to be honest.
Super Smash Bros. - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Overall, this was a great Direct imo. Tons of greats games and great reveals as well.

I know we're all speculating and all of that stuff for Smash 5. But I honestly want two characters to make it in, I have a feeling I know who will be returning.

I would like to see Rex make it in (He'll probably have Pyra and/or Mythra in the background giving support), since I think his Anchor Shot can make for a Tether Grab for Rex. Or they can bait us and have it so that it's Pyra/Mythra who are playable instead.

Wolf I would LOVE to see make a return, he was the most fun character out of the Star Fox cast back in Brawl, just bring my boy back Sakurai! (Also, I'm expecting the obvious pair to make a return being Ice Climbers, since they couldn't make it into Smash 4, so them returning for Smash 5 will make sense.)

I bet when Smash 5 comes out; Zelda will be Bottom Tier again. :secretkpop:

Qwaser

The scent of death
NNID
Cheese200200
Didn't get Chrom, but got Male Morgan and Gray.

So while didn't get the unit I want, I'm good enough for now.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Somehow got Chrom and Female Morgan in less than 40 orbs
Very happy
I’ll try for Male Morgan too since this is the closest I’ve been to getting a full banner since the PA banner
And Male Morgan is cute

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
So I know I'm very late to the party, but OH.MY.GOD.
Smash for Switch! It's not a port, a straight up new game. Oh man this is unbelievable. I don't own a switch, but everyone who does must be flying to the moon with hype.
As a side note, interesting that it's apparently coming out this year, since that puts it only 4 years apart from 4, in comparison to Brawl and 4 being 6 years apart and Melee and Brawl being 7 years apart.
That's most likely due to the poor sales of the Wii U, and thus poor sales of Smash 4.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Edit 1: Should I build Lyon or Oliver as my all-ranged-defense boi?

Weapon = Prf Raven/Raven
A = Distant Def w/ DD seal too.

This way they can't be screwed by Cancel Affinity and don't take 40% dmg against blue/green heauxes. Surprisingly Lyon is able to deal with Rein, somewhat. I hope Ravens get refine options soon. I like both bois but only 1 can be my true mixed ranged husbando. idk who to choose, my heart is breaking. cricricricricri4ever

Edit 2: what do I have to do to have these beautiful godly husbandos on my side?

Twitter is a crime against humanity, so it dying would be cause for a national holiday.
The president will somehow declare it as a historical monument so it can never be destroyed. rip 2 us all.

so this was my free summon on the branded king banner:
He’s +def -atk, which isn’t the worst thing ever

I’m not sure what I’ll do with him tbh

Edit: none of the Fallen Heroes units got demoted lmao

I was thinking about building a +10 Celica if she were demoted, but rip

this is not a good sign
Leo is garbo even after the "buff" he got. He is a cute precious boi but he's very mediocre. +def is his preferred nature to make him work and he does come with Quick Riposte. But the -atk brings him to 25 atk and that's just sad. You could probably use him in a horse team if you really wanted to. He's better off as QR3 fodder tho. lol

As for the Fallen Heroes we knew those gorls weren't getting demoted. A group of special Heroes with super-everything tend to not get demoted, like the Brave or Farfetched gorls.

So I know I'm very late to the party, but OH.MY.GOD.
Smash for Switch! It's not a port, a straight up new game. Oh man this is unbelievable. I don't own a switch, but everyone who does must be flying to the moon with hype.
As a side note, interesting that it's apparently coming out this year, since that puts it only 4 years apart from 4, in comparison to Brawl and 4 being 6 years apart and Melee and Brawl being 7 years apart.
That's most likely due to the poor sales of the Wii U, and thus poor sales of Smash 4.
I'm assuming it will be 50%-90% port tbh, just with balance changes and new characters. Though that's fine because Sm4sh had the better balance between Melee and Brawl. A story mode would be really nice tho. SSE was the most fun PvE thing in Smash to date, well, imo anyway.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Not really, I'd say.

Sort of getting deja vu here so I'm pretty sure I've went over this before, but part of why you have so many years a part from sequel to sequel is because the next one in line didn't start production or anything right after the previous one. Brawl (Early 2008 release) didn't start development until late 2005. Smash 4 (Late 2014 release) didn't start development until early 2012, after Sakurai finishing KI: Uprising.

It's most likely due to the fact that Nintendo knows that Smash is one of their premiere franchises and one that they simply can't wait too long to put on the system (for real though, I took my switch home for the holidays and the only game I could play with my siblings was Mario Kart). By 2015 I'm pretty sure the BOTW team had already been told that the game was now expected to be a Switch launch title. Bandai and Sakurai definitely would have been known about it too, and IIRC we do have reports of job listings from Bandai around the ~2014-2015 mark for a SSB6.

So while development for Smash 4 technically didn't end until Corrin and Bayonetta's release (Early 2016), development for the Switch Smash game very well may have started soon after the original game's release / window for data analysis.

The president will somehow declare it as a historical monument so it can never be destroyed. rip 2 us all.
I mean, at least the Library of Congress isn't achieving every tweet ever made anymore. One does need to stay optimistic about something in life, after all.

I'm assuming it will be 50%-90% port tbh, just with balance changes and new characters. Though that's fine because Sm4sh had the better balance between Melee and Brawl. A story mode would be really nice tho. SSE was the most fun PvE thing in Smash to date, well, imo anyway.
I'm expecting six new characters, and I'm not entirely sure whether that's a super conservative or super optimistic opinion yet.

Inklings obviously, along with Ice Climbers, Wolf, some Xenoblade character, a new Link, and a toss up.

From what I remember, they actually completed the Ice Climbers for Smash 4, but they couldn't get them to run on the 3DS version (and presumably 8 player Smash on Wii U) without the game lagging. Wolf because he's a veteran and I'd like to think something positive can be feasibly attributed to Star Fox Zero.

Excluding Splatoon, the only real new games (with new characters) of note from Nintendo since Smash 4's roster was finalized was Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2, ARMS, and BOTW. I could see Rex and/or Pyra getting in, but honestly I'd rather get Elma and/or Rex. But seriously, Elma went a long way in basically making Xenoblade X for me.

We already saw BOTW Link in the trailer, but I feel like if they decided to massively revamp Link's look and moveset in smash, they'd make him an entirely new character (not like there isn't precedent when it comes to Link) so they'll still have green-tonic-still-rocking-that-90s-moveset Link in the game too.

A better single player would be great. Smash 4 3DS had some good ideas, but they were really held back by some of the design decisions. SSE was kind of bull**** though, so I'd say Melee honestly has the best single play content oddly enough (Character exclusive break the targets / platforms, Adventure mode, the 51 missions, etc). But mostly I'm hoping any sort of thing they add will add huge functionality to amiibos. The entire figurine brand started with Smash 4, and Smash 4 is still the only real game that utilizes these things in any noteworthy way.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Sma5h theorisers? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

About to do some finalised parts of my University work; then I'll be getting onto the next part which is doing a test online; shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , D.D. Tower is back; focusing on WIND and EARTH. I will admit, I do like the rewards they give out; plus the chance of getting a card from any Duelist in the D.D. Box is nice.

Though I feel like the difficulty curve on this one is much more steep. Lost repeatedly against the Floor 30 Boss multiple times, smh. Also, that card Kunoichi is cute. I'll probably stop doing the D.D. Tower when I get 3 copies of each card from the D.D. Box.

I'm expecting six new characters, and I'm not entirely sure whether that's a super conservative or super optimistic opinion yet.

Inklings obviously, along with Ice Climbers, Wolf, some Xenoblade character, a new Link, and a toss up.

From what I remember, they actually completed the Ice Climbers for Smash 4, but they couldn't get them to run on the 3DS version (and presumably 8 player Smash on Wii U) without the game lagging. Wolf because he's a veteran and I'd like to think something positive can be feasibly attributed to Star Fox Zero.

Excluding Splatoon, the only real new games (with new characters) of note from Nintendo since Smash 4's roster was finalized was Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2, ARMS, and BOTW. I could see Rex and/or Pyra getting in, but honestly I'd rather get Elma and/or Rex. But seriously, Elma went a long way in basically making Xenoblade X for me.

We already saw BOTW Link in the trailer, but I feel like if they decided to massively revamp Link's look and moveset in smash, they'd make him an entirely new character (not like there isn't precedent when it comes to Link) so they'll still have green-tonic-still-rocking-that-90s-moveset Link in the game too.

A better single player would be great. Smash 4 3DS had some good ideas, but they were really held back by some of the design decisions. SSE was kind of bull**** though, so I'd say Melee honestly has the best single play content oddly enough (Character exclusive break the targets / platforms, Adventure mode, the 51 missions, etc). But mostly I'm hoping any sort of thing they add will add huge functionality to amiibos. The entire figurine brand started with Smash 4, and Smash 4 is still the only real game that utilizes these things in any noteworthy way.
I'm expecting Ice Climbers to make a return as well; though I did see some people thinking of who will get cut? I'm expecting Dark Pit to get the cut, since he was pretty much a clone of Pit albeit with very few changes.

Lucina maybe, but they could revamp her entire moveset and make her different from Marth. Or they'll keep her in due to how popular she is.

Like you mentioned, I'm very sure we'll get a Xenoblade rep, but I'm more leaning towards 2's Rex/Pyra, since Sakurai really liked Xenoblade 2. Plus, we already have some moves ready for them (If Rex makes it in, Anchor Shot can be his Tether and maybe his Up B? Since I don't see him having any other move that launches him in the air; unless they give him different Blades that can change up his playstyle).

Or they can blue ball us and make Nia playable or even Zeke. :secretkpop:

Wolf I would love to see return. They could just change his Final Smash, since it's pretty much the same as Fox's. ARMS I can see getting represented; they'll probably add in Spring Man or Ribbon Girl since those two are flagship characters for the game and were used in promotional stuff.

Also, I wouldn't mind a Language Option that other games have had before, where you could change the spoken language for some characters from English to Japanese.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I want Kirby to have different specials in this game, to make him more usable.
  • Side: Wheel/Laser
  • Up: Hi-Jump/Tornado/Jet/Wing
  • Down: Ice/Spark
He could even have Whip as a tether grab.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Why hello Smashboards. Wow has it been a while. ;)

Good to see the old guard still up. Though one thing is for sure, I really need to practice up and get back up to speed.

Top Bottom