• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Marcina Discord? :nifty::nifty:

:nifty:

Still snowing over here, they forecasted :nifty: that it'll be snowing all day today and tomorrow, which will be :nifty: rather bothersome, but I don't think it'll be :nifty: that bad.

Gonna go and watch some videos that the University has provided me now, if I can get them to run that is.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Also, wouldn't Shiro have 45 defense when attacked? Bright Naginata's +4 Atk/Def and his default Steady Stance 3?
Looks like you're right; I thought his weapon worked like Siegberts and activated in player phase.

Though what I said before still stands. If I wanted to max out the defense of a blue infantry, my Lukas still beats him with just his weapon forged Slaying Lance (46 DEF). Once I finish +10ing him he'll basically be untouchable as far as physical attacks are concerned.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Looks like you're right; I thought his weapon worked like Siegberts and activated in player phase.

Though what I said before still stands. If I wanted to max out the defense of a blue infantry, my Lukas still beats him with just his weapon forged Slaying Lance (46 DEF). Once I finish +10ing him he'll basically be untouchable as far as physical attacks are concerned.
Yeah, I made that mistake before thinking that Shiro was a mixed phase unit with +4 Atk/Def when attacking and +6 Def when attacked.

Well, the issue with comparing Shiro to Lukas is that no other (lance) infantry has 38 neutral defense. Lukas is a monster when it comes to physical defense. Shiro, however, still has good defense just as Donnel, Fjorm, BH Lucina with Geirskogal and being +Def, Nephenee, Oboro, summer F!Robin, and Sharena do too, but they all lean towards one thing or another like BH Lucina and Nephenee have high speed or Donnel and Sharena being more balanced in stats. Shiro's like Donnel and Sharena, but he leans towards physical defense more.

Shiro not being able to do something to stand out I feel like isn't a big deal. Most unit types already have that issue with some units being almost identical to each other like Alfonse, Chrom, Laslow, and Seliph where only Seliph really stands out because of Divine Tyrfing. Alfonse, Chrom, and Laslow just hit hard with Chrom being able to do effective damage against dragons if he's using Falchion. Otherwise, they're pretty much the same units. You could just use Shiro for filler in arena assault, squad assault, HM feather grinding, or whatever.

I don't know, I don't think you're doing this, but it comes off as complaining about getting something that isn't terrible.

Anyway, I decided to use the 20 orbs from the DICE awards thingie. I finally have a Leo, but those three colorless orbs... Why must you taunt me, game?
4* Cecilia: +Atk, -Def.

4* Clarine: +Atk, -Res. That drop in resistance is pretty gross.

4* Jakob: +Atk, -Spd.

5* summer Leo: +Res, -Spd. Hell yeah, 38 base resistance. He'll be the greatest of green magic walls that ever such a tomato mage shall be.

4* Lissa: +Spd, -Def.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I used 80 orbs just to get another B!Ike. Which is good and all, but now I have 2 and I really wanted a Gunnthra or even Dorcas. Now I need 20 my orbs before I can try another full summon after my last unfruitful full summon. 8% is a lai but I keep believing in it. Pls someone save me from this relationship bcuz I can't save myself. rip

Sniped blue hoping to get Ephraim or S!Corrin, got a +SPD/-RES Shiro instead.

I'm already invested in my Lukas, so he's basically worthless. Unfortunately unlike -ATK Siegbert who did the exact same thing to me last Legendary Banner, Shiro doesn't really have desirable skills to fodder off.
But Shiro is a precious boi and the son of Matt Mercer/Lobster Husbando. wut r u doin w/ ur laif gorlo

He's a fairly decent Infantry Tank if you get +def or +atk thanks to how his spear works. Prf weapons also get a higher score than refined weapons apparently? Or at least the same score as a refined weapon. So that's nice I guess.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I used 80 orbs just to get another B!Ike. Which is good and all, but now I have 2 and I really wanted a Gunnthra or even Dorcas. Now I need 20 my orbs before I can try another full summon after my last unfruitful full summon. 8% is a lai but I keep believing in it. Pls someone save me from this relationship bcuz I can't save myself. rip

But Shiro is a precious boi and the son of Matt Mercer/Lobster Husbando. wut r u doin w/ ur laif gorlo

He's a fairly decent Infantry Tank if you get +def or +atk thanks to how his spear works. Prf weapons also get a higher score than refined weapons apparently? Or at least the same score as a refined weapon. So that's nice I guess.
Prf weapons are worth 400 SP and refined weapons are worth 350 SP, so prfs still add more to your arena score

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently this was unveiled yesterday.

The duck dude looks so damn silly compared to the angry-looking pig guy and mutant, OctoCamo lady. The trailer for Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden -- and you thought only Square Enix's games have long titles -- made me think of Beyond Good & Evil, Fallout, and Metal Gear Solid 4 when the lady is revealed to be part chameleon or something. It's possibly closer to the early Fallout games since the description says it will feature turn-based combat like XCOM in addition to exploration and stealth. The world's concept looks interesting, but without gameplay footage, I'm not so sure on it. That duck dude. His head so massive and cartoony. :p

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I don't know, I don't think you're doing this, but it comes off as complaining about getting something that isn't terrible.
I mean, I never said he was terrible, I just said I'm not sure what I can build him as to make him unique, and I'm not sure he's especially good fodder. That I misunderstood his weapon skill and it actually synergizes with his stats instead of being counter-acted by them goes a long way to carving that niche, however competitive it already is with other considerations that Lukas and B!Lucina bring to the table.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo how often does playstation do sales on games and how quickly does an 8gb card fill up?
- Every month(?) or so there's a sale, iirc. Flash Sales were the best though, so I might be mixing it up with that cause those were the ones I actually cared about. For instance, I got a copy of Gravity Rush for 91 cents. The subreddit is a good place to periodically check for stuff like that: https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/

In fact, they're about to finish up a subreddit poll of best Vita games of all time, if you want to get some other opinions on games to pay attention to.

- For the type of stuff you're interested in, Golden Week sale is what you want to make sure not to miss. There are also some developer sales (Square Enix, Bandai, etc) every so often.

- Average Vita game is pretty big. 8gb fills up super fast unless you're okay with only having one or two digital retail games on you at a time. I remember the Vita I got (Borderlands 2 Bundle + 8gb SD card) that the SD card was basically the smallest that would even let you play the game, with BL2 + DLC all being about 6gb or so. They stopped updating the list in 2016, but you can still find a lot digital game sizes at this link: http://www.dmgice.com/dg/psvita.html

This also brings up the other big price of entry for the Vita; their stupid, overpriced, 1st party SD cards, along with their ****ty PC library program I never actually got to work correctly. Probably one of the biggest turn offs to a lot of people wanting to get the system.

Hoshido children /
come in two flavors only /
"Mitama" and "Trash".

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I mean, I never said he was terrible, I just said I'm not sure what I can build him as to make him unique, and I'm not sure he's especially good fodder. That I misunderstood his weapon skill and it actually synergizes with his stats instead of being counter-acted by them goes a long way to carving that niche, however competitive it already is with other considerations that Lukas and B!Lucina bring to the table.
Yeah, "terrible" wasn't a good word choice and I did say that I don't think you're doing that, but the comparisons of Shiro to the other lance infantry and saying that the others would do a better or different job has that sort of feeling. It's a valid comparison, though, when you consider what Shiro is and what he brings to the table and that's essentially: nothing really special. When his weapon gives him Sturdy Stance 3 and he comes with Steady Stance, he's literally screaming "I'm an enemy phase unit", but that's what most of the lance infantry are. His method of being one isn't special either since anyone can stack stats on enemy or player phase for that matter and he loses out on -1 special cooldown by not using Slaying Lance+.

As much as I want Shiro because Kaiji Tang voices him, Shiro is probably the most underwhelming of the four Fates kids that were introduced after Book 2's introduction. Siegbert and Soleil are arguably the best with Siegbert basically being a high defense BH Roy without Heavy Blade built-in and Soleil having the highest total offenses in addition to introducing Firesweep Sword. Other than having good offenses, Rhajat at least has Distant Def 3 and is the only summonable unit with a Gronnwolf tome since F!Robin is GHB-only and limited. Shiro's stats are fairly balanced and he has Swap, a common skill, Steady Stance 3 which is good, but people love that Steady Breath and any Breath skill really for faster special charging, and Def Tactics which is good if you can work around its restrictions. Otherwise, dude's probably as special as Gray, Luke, and Saber. Y'know, it might have made more sense for Shiro to have dropped to 4* rather than Soleil. He's Ryoma's son and he has a personal lance, but Soleil's a monster of a sword infantry and Lukas was the last 4* lance infantry introduced which was months ago.

Hoshido children /
"Mitama" and "Trash".
Hey, don't you talk smack about Selkie. Bubbly fox girls don't deserve your unkind words. Pickle boy, however... Why? Why does he exist?

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Done with FE Warriors' base game, now I can actually have some fun with the game and play the DLC.
btw one of the badges is to max out the supports for every non-DLC character. Yes, that means that every character needs to have an A rank with every other character. 253 supports that you need to max out. Have fun, I didn't. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Duel Academy students? :nifty:

Been having some issues with my internet, dunno if it's the weather or the new home phones we recently got, but it's getting annoying now. smh

Also, even though I said I was going to skip over the Phantom Beasts event, I eventually did give it a go; it ain't too bad, but I don't think it's entirely worth it. Just doing it for the Gems, that's all.

I also managed to get Red to join my party in Dragon Quest 8, found out she didn't join in the PS2 version but does in the 3DS version. Going to try and get Morrie to join next which means I'll have to go through the Monster Pit and win the S Rank Tournament.

Did have a look at what Red can use, she can use Fans, Knives, Whips, Fisticuffs. I dunno if her choice of armour is limited or not.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Hoshido children /
"Mitama" and "Trash".
The only objectively true opinion

Mitama is probs my favorite Fire Emblem character tbh

It was super disappointing when she wasn't on the 2nd gen Fates banner

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
and saying that the others would do a better or different job has that sort of feeling. It's a valid comparison, though, when you consider what Shiro is and what he brings to the table and that's essentially: nothing really special.
So two things here, and a disagreement with both.

For one thing, I'm not comparing Shiro to some theoretical unit builds; I'm coming him to the units I already have, built and invested.

And that goes into why I also disagree with you saying he doesn't bring anything to the table. Shiro is largely designed under the same philosophy as other characters like Neko Sakura and Lyon; it's not just that he's good at what he's clearly meant to do, but that he comes pre-packaged. For a newer player, he'd be great as all he really needs is SP. For a player who summoned Shiro and, let's say, a +DEF 4* Lukas at the same time, Shiro is clearly the unit to prioritize, same if you rolled a perfect IV 3* Felicia and Neko Sakura at the same time. While Felicia and Lukas do the job better once completely built (or in the case of Lyon vs Sophia, at least as good), the amount of time and resources to build them up is hard to justify when you have a go-to alternative whose already 5*.

But if you've already put in those resources on a unit to cover for that niche, then what they bring to the table is somewhat irrelevant because you aren't the target user for that type of unit.

TBH, this is basically the same argument we had last time when something like this came up; iirc, you got really annoyed that I just send home all my Stahls.

Hey, don't you talk smack about Selkie. Bubbly fox girls don't deserve your unkind words. Pickle boy, however... Why? Why does he exist?
I don't know anything about Pickle Boy because Hinata doesn't deserve happiness so I never got him.

But speaking of trash, Selkie is the name for an Irish mythological seal that transforms into a human when on land. So why is she even a bubbly fox girl to begin with? Is there truly any redeeming quality to this character?

Like, I know not every 2nd gen can be as great as Velouria or Mitama, but sheesh it's like they weren't even trying on the Hoshido side beyond Mitama.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What should I do with the pitchforks I get free as DLC? I am going to make Lukas a dread fighter, but idk who else would appreciate a class change

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Tharja fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty:

About to try and do some work today so fingers crossed on that.

Tried playing some Duel Links as well; and I was getting bopped pretty badly, but I think I'll be alright I guess? I won't be climbing up to Plat anytime soon I think since the power creeping and all that.

Also, the Official Blazblue Twitter posted an example of the hashtag they're using #MyBBTAG.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is a pretty sweet combo to be honest. Speaking of which, the next batch of characters will be revealed on the 16th of March. So a day after my deadline for my University assignment.

Maybe we'll see the Awakening DLC be available during then? Who knows?

Xenoblade 2 also has it's newest patch out now, so get to it everyone who has it. :yeahboi:
I predict we'll see Level 1 runs now thanks to the patch.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
This game is the best game I've ever played. I don't want to stop playing it.
Egil's sister meets us. She advises that we go to Alcamoth, the once famous city of the Machina. She explains that she will meet with Egil to try and reason with him. We have a cutscene at the tower of the city, where it turns out the woman inhabiting Fiora's body was Lady Meyneth, the goddess of the Mechina. Talk about a plot bomb. She explains the history of Alcamoth and why it is now in ruins. Pretty startling. Apparently Zanza, the giant, attacked the city, wiping out hundreds of people. You see, he was the soul of the Bionis, while Lady Meyneth was the soul of the Mechonis. This is crazy. After that, we set off to activate four pillars to activate the transporter to Egil. It takes me about 3 hours, I am not kidding. I died so many times to faced Mechon and named Mechon too. It was like hell itself. I hated this area the most in the game. After activating the transporter, we go to enter it only to be stopped by Jade Face/Gadolt. We fight, and holy crap he kicks me to the curb for a long while. I have to use the overpowered team of Shulk, Dunban and Riki to beat him, along with levelling up Shulk and Dunban's arts. After beating him, Lady Meyneth restores Gadolt's memory. We leave to face Egil. The gang finds his sister unable to convince him, and then we fight him. He turns out to be surprisingly easy, much easier than Gadolt anyway. We beat him on first try. He gets in his face and fights us again. We knock him around for a while before another cutscene where he has beaten us....somehow. He leaves, but realising Lady Meyneth is against him, he offers his soul to the Mechonis......

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Decided to spent the 109 orbs I had saved up on the New Power banner because it’ll probably be Caeda’s last banner for a long time

After getting absolutely nothing the entire time, this was my last summoning session:
2FC67FAE-1283-4968-B1B6-2A8931D4A3D0.png

Caeda is +res -atk (merged into my original Caeda; she’s now +5)

Innes is +spd -atk (better than the +def -res one I have)

Luke is +res -spd, so he’ll probs end up being panic ploy fodder

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So long story short, I splurged a bit on the Valentines banner trying to get Lilina. I didn't get her but I got V!Hector. With him I noticed that I could make a great armor emblem team with him, Zelgius, and Hardin (plus whatever arena bonus unit). So rip my Tactic spam team idea but hi team meta. I'm a newbie to using armor emblem so would Ward spam be the best option, or should I try something else? (Zelgius is +Def -Spd, Hardin is +HP -Def, V!Heck is +Res -Def. Not the best IV's ever but still workable). And before any of yew recommend _____ Breath or _____ Fighter on any of them, I don't have the fodder for that so yh. Except for Hardin since he has Bold Fighter by default, but other than him, I'm not using any of those skills.
I also like how I wasn't planning on getting any of these 3 units. Zelgius I got while going for Mage Eirika, Hardin I got immediately after getting yandere Celica (the unit I was aiming for), and V!Hector showed up instead of Lilina. :upsidedown:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Ward Armor stacking is always the best option for armor emblem imo

+12 def/res (or in your case, +8) on top of the already ridiculous defensive stats of armored units is too good to pass up

zelgius, hardin, and valentine's hector all have good base kits, so you could probably keep those for the most part. probs give hardin the qr seal so he can double on both phases

hopefully you don't plan on merging any of your units bc 2 5* exclusives and a seasonal sound like literal hell

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
https://feheroestips.tumblr.com/post/171491787076/i-want-you-to-know-ive-never-wanted-cheesecake

Just a reminder that Ikes, Ephraims, Lukas, and etc are also dessert supporting husbandos. So disliking any of them means you're against desserts.

I'm watching yew, Lorde Lorde .

We're all watching yew. :secretkpop:

Ward Armor stacking is always the best option for armor emblem imo

+12 def/res (or in your case, +8) on top of the already ridiculous defensive stats of armored units is too good to pass up

zelgius, hardin, and valentine's hector all have good base kits, so you could probably keep those for the most part. probs give hardin the qr seal so he can double on both phases

hopefully you don't plan on merging any of your units bc 2 5* exclusives and a seasonal sound like literal hell
Ye, building seasonal for main units is kind of annoying. Tho even if there's only a single +10 on the team it still works out. Units with good base kits are pretty hard to pass up. I always go for Ward Armor, but if there's Vengeful x4 I assume Aether on all gorls with Hone/Fortify would be godly. But ofc that's currently whale territory.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
https://feheroestips.tumblr.com/post/171491787076/i-want-you-to-know-ive-never-wanted-cheesecake

Just a reminder that Ikes, Ephraims, Lukas, and etc are also dessert supporting husbandos. So disliking any of them means you're against desserts.

ike is a boring character, but i do like ephraim and lukas. lukas is basically OP in my SoV playthrough, so i'm a big fan of him. i liked lukas a lot before that tho

Ye, building seasonal for main units is kind of annoying. Tho even if there's only a single +10 on the team it still works out. Units with good base kits are pretty hard to pass up. I always go for Ward Armor, but if there's Vengeful x4 I assume Aether on all gorls with Hone/Fortify would be godly. But ofc that's currently whale territory.
mage fliers being seasonal only is still so lame. i had to give up on flier emblem because it's basically impossible to merge summer corrin and spring camilla.

from what i understand, the recent update to the area was basically a way to nerf having 1 +10 unit and the rest being filler. i'm not really sure of the specifics, but that's what i have seen on the heroes subreddit. i don't have a +10, but i've definitely noticed like a 6-10 point drop in my score since the update

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh I'm not, this is just a team I want to throw together for fun since I have the units.

proxy-1 (2) (3).gif

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I don't know anything about Pickle Boy because Hinata doesn't deserve happiness so I never got him.

But speaking of trash, Selkie is the name for an Irish mythological seal that transforms into a human when on land. So why is she even a bubbly fox girl to begin with? Is there truly any redeeming quality to this character?

Like, I know not every 2nd gen can be as great as Velouria or Mitama, but sheesh it's like they weren't even trying on the Hoshido side beyond Mitama.
The only thing I know about Pickle Boy is that he was supposed to be Hinata's younger twin brother, but that was scrapped. I'd need to check again, but I think he was also flanderized in the English dub. I think it had to do with his personality, perhaps the lack of one, in the Japanese version. Yeah, Pickle Boy's a thing. And cue him being introduced as an absurdly and blatantly broken unit and (Un)Legendary Hero in Heroes on April 1st.

I like foxes because they're fluffy-looking, therefore, I like Selkie and Kaden. Wolves are cool too and so are Velouria and Keaton. :p

I have no idea why the localization changed their names, especially considering the Hoshido characters are, y'know, based on Japanese or are Japanese. I can understand why the Awakening "reincarnations" had different names to reference their Awakening selves, but seriously, why didn't Selkie stay as Kinu? The only connection the name Selkie has with her is that selkies and kitsune can transform into humans. Otherwise, seals != foxes. Whatever.

As for Selkie herself, I don't know, she's seems fun and reminds me of Cynthia and Lissa and Kaden seems like a nice if dopey guy. I can't say anything else, though, since I never played Fates and I didn't check most of the kids' supports. That said, of the Hoshido kids, I only like Caeldori and Selkie and Mitama seems interesting. Caeldori's probably my favorite so far because of her special support with Sev- Selena. As weird as it would be for Cordelia, Caeldori really feels like Severa and Subaki's daughter rather than, say, Lucina is Chrom's daughter and the mother is only implied or Roy is Eliwood's son. Shiro being voiced by Kaiji Tang is the only thing I like about him so far and the others I never bothered to look into enough. And then there's Pickle Boy. Nohr has Nina, Percy, Ophelia, Soleil, and Velouria for me. I guess Ignis too, but his in-game portrait just looks weird to me. I have a feeling Forrest might grow on depending on the writing. Percy stands out since Arthur is one of my favorite characters from Fates and I like Percy himself. Their support is so heartwarming. Arthur's definitely one of the best dads.

What should I do with the pitchforks I get free as DLC? I am going to make Lukas a dread fighter, but idk who else would appreciate a class change
Forsyth and Valbar for the same reasons you would want to use a pitchfork on Lukas. Valbar's in a tougher spot, though, when Celica has Saber, Kamui, Jesse, and Deen. Alm only really has Gray unless you decided not to make any of the villagers mercenaries for some reason.

Otherwise, Boey, Mae, and I guess Mathilda? I've mentioned Boey and Mae already. Boey's stats gear him towards skill and all right attack and that's pretty much all you need for an archer: attack for damage and skill for hitting things. Bonus points for his defense growth, but my Boey got screwed in that regard. Meanwhile, Sonya. Anyway, cavalier works if you really want an early cavalier for Celica, but I think archer and mercenary would work better for him because they're both busted classes and at least archer can help out with the desert and swamp maps being pains in the butt. Pegasus Knight Mae supposedly offers something different since you'd have an early flier and another Falcon Knight to deal with Terrors. Cleric Mae doesn't look that great. She only learns Recover, Nosferatu, Seraphim, and Silence which with the exception of Nosferatu, she learns as a mage. The overclasses just give her the same two spells everyone seems to learn. Mathilda's a great unit in SoV, so using a pitchfork on her might not be the first thing to come to mind, but I remember someone bringing up the idea of reclassing her into a pegasus knight. It's probably mainly for end game since Mathilda would just switch from being a badass Gold Knight to a badass, Terror-slaying Falcon Knight. That being said, Clair's also a good unit and so are the Whitewings.

Anyway, I decided to do one full summon from the 4* and 5* banner. I'm looking for a +Atk, -Def Jeorge, so seeing him on the banner made me want to summon and try a couple more, but I decided against it since one, the next new heroes are going to be introduced this week and two, I want a specific nature for Jeorge and the chances of that happening wasn't something I wanted to gamble on. What didn't help was that I only summoned two units who were on the focus. The other three were 3* non-focus units and with pretty terrible natures. Love you too, game.
4* Camilla: +Atk, -Def. Would have preferred +Spd considering I have a +Atk, -Res Camilla, but whatever.

3* Donnel: +HP, -Spd.

3* Felicia: +Spd, -Atk.

5* Hinata: +Atk, -HP. -HP works for a Ruby Sword/T-Adept build since those units keep their raw defenses, but Hinata's resistance is still low, so green mages and dragons could probably take a chunk of his health. I'd also rather focus on his defense which is why my +Def, -Res Hinata is sitting around doing nothing... Probably going to level him up to get his 5* dialogue.

3* Odin: +Def, -Spd.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , one of your husbandos got lost on his way home. I have no idea why a 5* Hinata, specifically a 5* one, showed up. Red focus units have lower chances of showing up compared to other units because of how many of them there are, but apparently that didn't stop Hinata.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Fire Emblem Discord? :nifty:

Just making some rough notes on biometrics for my University assessment which has to be in a week on Thursday, best to make as much notes as possible then try and and add onto it when I get to typing it all up.

Gotta include a bibliography as well.

Also, I saw some footage of BBTAG as the Playstation Arena in South Korea. One thing I didn't notice until now was that the Quick Switch mechanic in Blazblue Tag is completely different from Marvel Infinite's.

With MvCI's, you had to spend 2 bars to tag your partner in and try and stop the opponent's combo which in turn could lead to you getting Happy Birthday'd.

But BBTAG's on the otherhand, you instead spend all of your Tag Meter, you come in swinging and your ally jumps out of the combo to a safe distance.

Seems like BBTAG's Meta may heavily rely on this system, it'll be interesting to see though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
ike is a boring character, but i do like ephraim and lukas. lukas is basically OP in my SoV playthrough, so i'm a big fan of him. i liked lukas a lot before that tho
Still. Yew better avoid desserts for a while. "Death by chocolate" was a phrase inspired by real life events. :^)

mage fliers being seasonal only is still so lame. i had to give up on flier emblem because it's basically impossible to merge summer corrin and spring camilla.

from what i understand, the recent update to the area was basically a way to nerf having 1 +10 unit and the rest being filler. i'm not really sure of the specifics, but that's what i have seen on the heroes subreddit. i don't have a +10, but i've definitely noticed like a 6-10 point drop in my score since the update
It uses more accurate averages, so non-merged flier gorls are better than before score wise iirc. Besides, Blade does most of the heavy lifting.

Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , one of your husbandos got lost on his way home. I have no idea why a 5* Hinata, specifically a 5* one, showed up. Red focus units have lower chances of showing up compared to other units because of how many of them there are, but apparently that didn't stop Hinata.
Yew were blessT by the precious husbando's appearance. Cherish him forever and always. Mine is still +0 because wurr da fethas at omg IS plsssss

Meanwhile I'm sitting at 10% pity rate with 0 orbs after doing full pulls. 8% is a lie. 9% is a lie. The W O R L D is a lie. I wanna buy 40+ orbs but it's not worth the sorrow/26.99. I should've saved my orbs. rip

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The Mechonis is on the move. The attacking force led by the High Entia at Sword Valley start to retreat, but hundreds fall,off anyway. The gang run away from Egil, who now is now essientally become a Power Ranger, except he's controlling the MegaZord by himself. There's a huge explosion, but Gadolt appears and saves us, sacrificing our life. We return to Junks, the home of the Machina. We immidately set off to fight Egil. Shulk gains a new Monado Art with no story explaination.. strange. We encounter Egil in his Face in his MegaZord and fight. He is really easy. It's so bizzare. Afterwards, we have a cutscene. Egil and Shulk reconcile there differences. Something has to go wrong and Dickson is willing to oblige, shooting Shulk in the back. What the hell is going on?! This game's plot was great, but this twist makes it better.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I have no idea why the localization changed their names, especially considering the Hoshido characters are, y'know, based on Japanese or are Japanese. I can understand why the Awakening "reincarnations" had different names to reference their Awakening selves, but seriously, why didn't Selkie stay as Kinu? The only connection the name Selkie has with her is that selkies and kitsune can transform into humans. Otherwise, seals != foxes. Whatever.
I mean, it makes sense in some works, but yeah, Birthright was really weird with that. I don't think I've ever seen localization name changes where japanese names were changed to other japanese names. Like, what, did they think the "T" in "Tsubaki" would be too difficult of a concept for non-native speakers to understand?

We should probably ask an expert; Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , your spirit animal is a human/seal monstrosity which is basically a Selkie. Is there some sort of connection to being a bubbly fox girl that we're not seeing? There is something of a family resemblance imo, maybe she's a second cousin or something?

Percy stands out since Arthur is one of my favorite characters from Fates and I like Percy himself. Their support is so heartwarming. Arthur's definitely one of the best dads.
Percy is also, like, eight years old. I mean yeah, he's one of the best kids gameplay wise in the entire game if for no other reason you can give Effie permanent wing support but sheesh. Even if I ignore the countless other stupid problems the children's mere existence bring to the table in Fates, what is he even doing on the battlefield to begin with?

As for Selkie herself, I don't know, she's seems fun and reminds me of Cynthia and Lissa
That's an...odd collection of characters, but that might be because I always paired Sumia up with Henry. That makes Cynthia less "Pretty Pegasus Princess" and more "Little Miss Murder Machine".

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I mean, it makes sense in some works, but yeah, Birthright was really weird with that. I don't think I've ever seen localization name changes where japanese names were changed to other japanese names. Like, what, did they think the "T" in "Tsubaki" would be too difficult of a concept for non-native speakers to understand?

We should probably ask an expert; Lil Puddin Lil Puddin , your spirit animal is a human/seal monstrosity which is basically a Selkie. Is there some sort of connection to being a bubbly fox girl that we're not seeing? There is something of a family resemblance imo, maybe she's a second cousin or something?

We usually don't talk about faux heauxes who name themselves "Selkie" so they can pretend they are one. She was Kaden Jr, named after the most beautiful fox waifu/husbando, but changed her name. She's clearly an awful person and a disgrace to all gorls, seals, foxes, and waifus everywhere. Pls do not endorse or admire her. kthnx

As a unit she is decent. All children units are, especially if you min-max for whatever reason. But Kaden is so much cuter/better personality wise so that would mean using her over him. ofc you could always use both but... given how many units we have and how little we can bring per map, that'd be difficult to commit to.

Also...

your spirit animal is a human/seal monstrosity which is basically a Selkie.
xcus me gorl

monstrosity???

u bout 2 cash ma hans x2

this may or may not be me irl but do you really want to gamble your life over this? :secretkpop:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
So Luthier died and I didn’t care enough to reset for him bc mage!Tobin is way better than him anyway

I also killed Delthea because I assumed that I needed Luthier to recruit her. It was kinda sad bc Clair said, “this victory feels hollow” after I beat the map, but honestly idc

Now that Alm is at the sluice gate, I can start doing Celica’s route. I have two pitchforks left, and I’ve narrowed down my choices to cav!Boey, peg!Mae, and archer!Jesse. I’m going to have to think about which two I want to use

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Welp, freebie +HP, -Res 4* Tharja from the Falchion banner. I don't really want any of them really since I have all of them, but Chrom and Marth up to 5*. Marth is the only one I'd really want another copy to see if I can get a +Spd or +Atk one. That said, not really in need of more anti-dragon sword infantry.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Sup Pop Team Epic enthusiasts?

:nifty:

Just having my lunch right now, and I forgot to link the BBTAG Tournament video the other day, so here you go:

Here it is for those that wanna check it out.

Also went out and got some Gift Cards for the eShop, so I can at least add some funds and see what else I can get. Still hoping that BBTAG will also get a Digital eShop release as well.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
And 60ish orbs down the drain all for a 5* Chrom.

The most red orbs I got in a single session were two.

We usually don't talk about faux heauxes who name themselves "Selkie" so they can pretend they are one. She was Kaden Jr, named after the most beautiful fox waifu/husbando, but changed her name. She's clearly an awful person and a disgrace to all gorls, seals, foxes, and waifus everywhere. Pls do not endorse or admire her. kthnx
F A M I L Y D R A M A
this may or may not be me irl but do you really want to gamble your life over this? :secretkpop:
Why does the background look like you're in some sort of maximum security prison?

Is that Area 51?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
And 60ish orbs down the drain all for a 5* Chrom.
Is he a good boi with a good nature?

At the very least he's Aether fodder so that's always nice to have in the X Breath Age.

I'm not pulling on the banner since new heroes are right around the corner and I have only 3 orbs anyway. oopsrip2meiguess
Why does the background look like you're in some sort of maximum security prison?

Is that Area 51?
It's the compound where I house all the husbandos. It's very illegal so there's no need to call the cops ofc.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
so i beat mila's temple and just found out that i have to go back to zofia harbor to recruit catria and palla

so now they're both super underleveled because i had absolutely no idea i'd have to backtrack to get them. i just figured they'd show up again and join me. is there a way to grind in echoes other than fighting the terrors at the cemeteries? those give like no exp and probs wouldn't be worth it

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
So I’m playing through New Game+ and just reached Vandham, and funnily enough they actually gave him a hidden affinity chart despite him not living past chapter 3. It’s a nice touch. A shame NG+ didn’t let you keep him around anyways, but given the plot line with Roc it makes sense. Maybe the story expansion will have him come back somehow???

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Dumped about 20 orbs on The Red Hell Banner™ and got a 5 star Marth and 2 4 star Chroms. Pretty good for 20 orbs tbh.
So I’m playing through New Game+ and just reached Vandham, and funnily enough they actually gave him a hidden affinity chart despite him not living past chapter 3. It’s a nice touch. A shame NG+ didn’t let you keep him around anyways, but given the plot line with Roc it makes sense. Maybe the story expansion will have him come back somehow???
Oh yeah I forgot he was in the game. Hopefully the DLC will give him some more relevance but I'm thinking that it won't.
so i beat mila's temple and just found out that i have to go back to zofia harbor to recruit catria and palla

so now they're both super underleveled because i had absolutely no idea i'd have to backtrack to get them. i just figured they'd show up again and join me. is there a way to grind in echoes other than fighting the terrors at the cemeteries? those give like no exp and probs wouldn't be worth it
Buy the overpriced DLC Echoes doesn't really have any grinding spots so try to use them on the missions you have left if you can, otherwise... sorry gorl. Personally I don't recall using the Pega Sisters very much so if it's too late to level them then you should still be able to progress. Also you said you were considering forking Mae over to a pegasus knight, so that should probably be what you use your second fork on. For the third, you mentioned Jesse but he has Dread Fighter access naturally. Dread Fighters can reclass to villagers at level 10 so forking him is kinda a waste (not to mention that the other class options for him are pretty lackluster so staying as a DF is probably going to be his best option, unless you want to do a second loop but with how late you get him I'm not sure you really have the time to do that).

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Dumped about 20 orbs on The Red Hell Banner™ and got a 5 star Marth and 2 4 star Chroms. Pretty good for 20 orbs tbh.
Grats on Boy Lucina.

I dumped my Marth forever ago and haven't gotten one since then. He'd be a cool support unit, but I already have enough support gorls tbh. So he'll come home when he comes home I guess.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
GOOD NEWS! + A FACE REVEAL! :eyes:

that figure is no longer up to date, I'm at 2 million in scholarships because I got a full ride scholarship to Rhodes College! :)

:150:
Those scholarships confirm that @Chainz is actually the wisest gorl.

Congrats btw. Have fun in your SecretKPop classes. :secretkpop:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Touhou fans? :nifty:

Who is your favourite Touhou character btw? Just curious. :nifty:

Gonna be watching some videos that my University has provided me again so I can have a refresher on the topics each discussed. And that I'll be having a meeting with my TA soon as well.

Speaking of Xenoblade 2 Burgundy Burgundy , I FINALLY finished Chapter 8 after so long and putting it off to do side quests. But now I've at least made it to Chapter 9 now. :yeahboi:

And besides, I can probably do all the remaining sidequests in the Post Game.

Buddhahobo Buddhahobo , Syrus has now appeared with his Roid monsters. I've tried to farm him, but alas I'm having no luck due to not having Restart on Jaden or Aster; been trying to farm for it, but I honestly don't know who drops the skill Restart for them. smh

Top Bottom