• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Or they can blue ball us and make Nia playable or even Zeke. :secretkpop:
That's an improvement over Rex though. Best boy and best girl of XC2 no contest.
I want Kirby to have different specials in this game, to make him more usable.
  • Side: Wheel/Laser
  • Up: Hi-Jump/Tornado/Jet/Wing
  • Down: Ice/Spark
He could even have Whip as a tether grab.
I could see that happening... for Kirby's custom moves. Turning him (and possibly other characters) into something closer to Pale Tuna where his customs are completely different moves instead of just lame variants that are usually just "slower but more powerful" and "quicker but weaker".

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
sup sisTahs, I got my pity rank broken by a -Spe Nowi :( I already have a +Def -Hp Now (5 stars). Should I merge her or fodder off lightning breath to my ninian or perhaps my Adult tiki?

Also I have a +Atk -Spe Alm laying around that I trained to be a Falchion healer a while ago, should I retrain him, or wait for a better nature?

:150:

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
sup sisTahs, I got my pity rank broken by a -Spe Nowi :( I already have a +Def -Hp Now (5 stars). Should I merge her or fodder off lightning breath to my ninian or perhaps my Adult tiki?

I'd definitely save her for fodder instead of merging if it's just going to be a +1.

Adult Tiki already learns Lightning Breath naturally, so Ninian's the only real choice unless you have another dragon you'd like to build up / wait for.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Oliver is the true husbando of my life. His confession has made me glad I chose him over that loser Lyon. Speaking of losers, I got Micaiah on the first summon session of the new banner... So in a way I guess I'm done with the banner? idk tho I think the only one I really want is Chrom because he is a handsome boi and his new quotes kill me irl. But I may save for the future Legendary Banner instead. Colorless wind gorl pls.

Also I have a +Atk -Spe Alm laying around that I trained to be a Falchion healer a while ago, should I retrain him, or wait for a better nature?

gorl you know -spd is the best nature for a dragon gorl these days (besides Corrin), right? What's the boon? If it's anything but +hp then you have the best Nowi gorl. Preferably +def ofc.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788

+atk or +def -spd are the optimal natures for SB Nowi, gorl

Adult Tiki has Lightning Breath by default btw

+atk is optimal for Alm, and -spd isn’t the worst thing ever since he has a really middling spd tier anyway. Obvs -res would be better, but yours is still serviceable. Give him the Double Lion refine and Death Blow and watch him destroy heauxes

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I tell people in engineering to do civil because it's a nice way to work in the public service. Most people aren't into that kind of thing though.
I feel like part of it is just professional inertia in a lot of ways. Architectural engineering (at least in the US) has sort of went the way of the dodo in a lot of ways, and the practical applications of it were basically split between civil and mechanical engineers due to their generally higher desirability. What exactly that means though in terms of what employers are looking for and what people getting the degrees now think they're eligible for hasn't really settled down besides the typical favoritism to mechanical.

Oliver is the true husbando of my life. His confession has made me glad I chose him over that loser Lyon.
Lyon's just glad you acknowledged him, so he decided to put the rope back in the drawer for another day.

But seriously, this is basically his theme song. That boy is not okay.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nowi is -Atk not -Spe my B

O srry den.

Dat gorl is ded.

rip4life

imo hold on to her for fodder reasons. Fae is a super precious gorl if you want to use her, but she needs Lightning Breath to be super good and ofc +def/-spd nature.

Lyon's just glad you acknowledged him, so he decided to put the rope back in the drawer for another day.

But seriously, this is basically his theme song. That boy is not okay.
Lyon is super sad and I want to protect him, but Oliver calls me his gem and protects me because I am beautiful. So he inspires me to lift even more so I can carry him through the husbando archway someday.

i wil b stronk 4 him

As for Lyon, dis is 4 him 2 protec him:

Lyon is OK as a unit but the thing with defensive gorls is they need to get doubled for maximum damage. So the more speed, the worse off they are. I wish there was a skill that traded spd for another stat, like a new kind of Fortress Def/Res/whatever. Red is a bad color for ranged defense atm. I wish I had a colorless that could be a mixed tank, but one doesn't exist yet.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I feel like part of it is just professional inertia in a lot of ways. Architectural engineering (at least in the US) has sort of went the way of the dodo in a lot of ways, and the practical applications of it were basically split between civil and mechanical engineers due to their generally higher desirability. What exactly that means though in terms of what employers are looking for and what people getting the degrees now think they're eligible for hasn't really settled down besides the typical favoritism to mechanical.
I'm not really familiar with the different fields of engineering sadly. My sister's in bioengineering and I don't really know what that entails. Some friends of mine are in mechatronics whatever that is. The benefits of working in public service make civil the clear choice if I were in engineering.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going sweet lovers? :nifty:

About to do some more work today; just gonna try and reach 200 more words if possible, since I need to talk about what OS do Biometrics work on. Do they work on any? Or only on more modern? (I'm talking about Facial and Iris recognition.)

Also, Cress! Cress! we know why Linde got added into Fire Emblem Warriors now thanks to an interview. The director said and I quote "because she has sexy feet". Where's @SBphiloz4 when we need him!? :secretkpop:

Speaking of FE Warriors, I'm surprised they haven't shown anything about the Awakening DLC yet. Are they going to release a Famitsu article about it and the DLC next week?

I've also been thinking more about Smash 5 characters that can be in it. I already mentioned an ARMS, Xenoblade 2 rep but I was thinking more of their movesets. I honestly can't think of a way they could improve Ice Climbers (They'll probably buff Wolf by having him able to act after a Side-B, like how Fox and Falco could in Smash 4).

But if Spring Man does make it in, what if he was the only character that could Power Up his Tilts? Since every other character in ARMS could charge up their fists so they'd do extra damage and have extra effects. And he could even swap between different Arms, maybe he could have his standard Arms, Slapamander and the Toastie. And able to swap between them, kind of like how Amaterasu and Mega Man Volnutt could in MvC3 and TvC respectively.

If Ribbon Girl makes it in instead, she could have a Triple Jump; sort of like Charizard and Bayonetta (Though Bayo's is thanks to a glitch). Though she could probably have the ability to Power Up her moves as well.

Rex I mentioned he could have a Tether Grab and Anchor Shot as his Up B. I was thinking to how he could have other moves for his Specials. I could think of Rolling Smash as his Down B; as unlike Shulk, he doesn't have a Counter. (Plus, Rex could SD from Rolling Smash if used offstage or near the edge) Sword Bash probably be his Neutral B? And Double Spin Edge possibly as his Side B? Just some ideas I could think of. (Though if Pyra/Mythra make it in instead, we can probably see the Aegis using something else to recovery, dunno what though; but I can see their Final Smash being either calling upon their Mech to shoot down destructive beams of light or transforming into their True Form. Rex will probably have Chain Attack as his Final Smash, just like Shulk.)

Also, Duel Links really doesn't want to give me a Submarineroid or Expressroid as a reward from Syrus. smh (I'll be missing out on some good recovery and direct damage; I'll be disappointed if I don't get any during today since it's technically the final day we get of Syrus roaming around. JUST GIMME THOSE CARD DAMMIT!)

Overall thoughts though, Roids are bad. But I can sort of see its Spell Card that works with fusions doing rather well against Stall decks. Massivemorph, Draining Shield and cards like Enemy Controller? Nah, those Roid Fusions don't care.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Late reply and discussion about characters for Smash Switch.
Lucina maybe, but they could revamp her entire moveset and make her different from Marth. Or they'll keep her in due to how popular she is.
Cue Smash Switch pulling a Fire Emblem Warriors with Celica replacing Lucina as Marth's clone in a similar vein to Dark Pit where only her Final Smash is different. :p

I'm not sure how they're going to approach Smash Switch with returning characters. Let's assume that Smash 4's assets were reused for Smash Switch. That's 58 characters where 5 characters, Bayonetta, Cloud, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu, are third-party and where Link either is getting a new model based on BotW or there is going to be a third version of Link. At this point, Bayonetta is basically like Sonic, so she could return easily compared to Cloud, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu where they would probably have to renegotiate things. I'm going to say they won't return or are on the iffy pile. That would drop the cast down to 56 to 57 characters depending on whether or not BotW Link is a different Link or not. It would also go back up one with the Ice Climbers who were cut because of hardware limitations on the 3DS. That's a lot of characters and I don't know if adding more would be a good idea.

This is not just about space issues and character selection clutter, but development time. Smash 4's foundation is good for the most part, but some of the characters, especially the older ones, being cut and paste jobs have had detrimental effects let alone balancing the characters in general and how time consuming that would be. This is an incredibly biased perspective since I'm coming from Falco's history where to this day he's still packing questionable frame data despite being based on a solid, stable character, however, knowing that it took a couple of patches to get Ike, Marth, Meta Knight, Robin, Samus, and Zelda going or how Greninja shifted from being really good to meh and back to good again in Smash 4 makes me feel like it might not be feasibly possible to cram +60 characters in the game. Some of the characters I don't even know what the hell the developers were thinking like what even was Meta Knight and Samus's frame data for launch Smash 4? And for Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina, people either really want them be revamped or straight up removed which I feel like comes from their first impressions as clone characters. At least Dr. Mario has some justification to being a clone, but Dark Pit and Lucina don't. Another thing is Paletuna. She and the Mii Fighters are the only characters with unique customs. Everyone else has derivations of their specials where some of them feel tacked on like Ganondorf's Warlock Blade which looks incredibly awkward as an attack. A reverse-gripped thrust with a longsword looks really uncomfortable. To me, it feels like they wanted to do more, but couldn't because there would have been so much to do. Maybe only one set of alternative specials could have worked, but that's still a lot of moves to create.

It's because of this that I'm at a point where I feel like Smash should cut and/or rotate characters like in KoF, Street Fighter, etc. This mainly goes for Fire Emblem, Pokémon, and kind of Mario and Zelda depending on if you want Bowser Jr., Dr. Mario, and Rosalina for Mario and Sheik and Toon Link to return or leave for other characters that would be interesting to see like Fawful, Ghirahim, Impa, Ravio, Toad, Toon Zelda, Waluigi, the Paper Mario characters, or whoever else. Fire Emblem and Pokémon in particular don't really have main characters like how Mario is obviously in Mario games. They do have faces and recurring characters like Pikachu is also the face of Pokémon and is in every? Pokémon game, but I feel like maybe some of them should take a seat once and awhile. Pokémon at least can bring back some of them through Pokéballs. In regards to Fire Emblem, Marth to me is the face as he's the first lord, so even if he's not the most popular nowadays, Marth being in every Smash game makes sense from a historical point of celebrating Nintendo's franchises. It's tough seeing a favorite character not return for an installment of a game, but I feel like it has to be done or Smash might become too insane of a project.

Also, if there's one thing I hope Smash Switch does improve is on character audio. I hope Bowser, DK, and kind of Triple D have new sound clips since it's just weird to hear Bowser and DK as generic monsters compared to in their own games and Triple D might be a bit interesting with spoken lines: "Clobbah dat dere Kirbeh!" And then there's Sonic whose voice clips in Smash 4 were apparently ripped from the recent games that featured Roger Craig Smith. Marth and Roy, assuming Roy returns, having their dubbed lines would be neat too. At least Smash does update character audio from time to time. I can't say the same for Tekken where you have characters with old audio clips and new voice actors for their spoken lines. Bryan's maniacal laugh is awesome, but you can tell it's an old sound clip.

Edit: Freebie +Res, -HP 4* Fir from the new TT banner. Gerome being a 40% unit is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Blizzard pls give us the pureness that is Jetpack Cat. Pls we need this in our lives. The world needs this. Save us from the vacuums.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
New calendar for FEH was revealed, except IS is dumb and didn't adjust the dates for DST, so all of the dates are wrong lmao

here's one someone made with the correct dates

TT banner goes up in 2 hours from when I posted this, so I'm intrigued to see who'll be on it

The countering skills banner sounds intriguing, and I'm not sure who would be on it since Hector and Takumi are the only non-limited units with CC and DC. Some people are saying maybe a CD or DD banner? I'm not sure

I doubt it'll happen, but I really hope Caeda is on the 4* banner this time. Pls IS I still need 5 merges for my fave gorl

Also, I forgot to mention it, but congrats to Nammy12 Nammy12 and @Antonykun for getting your Cordelia and Camilla respectively up to +10

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Late replies because I spent the entire day today becoming a world champion Tiger Tiger master. I have all of the master mods that I could ever want but I'm still missing my Light Chip for QTΠ :[
Also, Cress! Cress! we know why Linde got added into Fire Emblem Warriors now thanks to an interview. The director said and I quote "because she has sexy feet". Where's@SBphiloz4 when we need him!? :secretkpop:
Screenshot_2016-05-04-13-35-01-1.png

Bad game director, bad. Don't make me pull out the squirt bottle
But if Spring Man does make it in, what if he was the only character that could Power Up his Tilts? Since every other character in ARMS could charge up their fists so they'd do extra damage and have extra effects. And he could even swap between different Arms, maybe he could have his standard Arms, Slapamander and the Toastie. And able to swap between them, kind of like how Amaterasu and Mega Man Volnutt could in MvC3 and TvC respectively.

If Ribbon Girl makes it in instead, she could have a Triple Jump; sort of like Charizard and Bayonetta (Though Bayo's is thanks to a glitch). Though she could probably have the ability to Power Up her moves as well.
(Ribbon Gorl has 5 jumps like the Kirby characters and Jigglypuff not 3 btw)
ARMS will only get 1 rep if any I'd imagine, and Spring Lad would absolutely take priority over Ribbon Gorl. However I could see her becoming an alt outfit for Spring Boi similar to how Alph is for Olimar.
For their moveset, I'm calling is that either their side or down special will be the Clapback and it'll reflect projectiles. It just makes too much sense. The final smash will probably involve Hedlok coming in so that all of you non-ARMS players can know how annoying he is.
(Lowkey I sorta don't want an ARMS character in Smash because I know that if one does make it in, that 1 character will be played more in Smash than ARMS in general. And ARMS is fun. Daily remimder that you should all go and play ARMS.)
At this point, Bayonetta is basically like Sonic, so she could return easily compared to Cloud, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu where they would probably have to renegotiate things. I'm going to say they won't return or are on the iffy pile.
Mega Man and Pac-Man will probably come back I feel. Cloud has the worst chance but he may still come back. idk about Ryu.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Franxx fans? :nifty::nifty:

Almost done with my Uni stuff. Reached 2100 words, now I need to add in around 150 more words to reach to target.

Also, tried doing some questions from my Computer Marked Assessment, they seem rather tough. Hopefully I can get through it.

Watched this Gintama Rumble video; and it made me wonder what if Fire Emblem Warriors had a combo system like Gintama Rumble?

It'd probably be annoying af; but it would at least make the characters unique from one another I guess? *Shrug* Then again, the playable roster is smaller compared to FE Warriors, so the chance of seeing clones are very small. (Since more then half of the roster in Rumble are Sword users. Gintoki, Shinpachi, Hijikata, Sogo, Kondo, Katsura, Takasugi and Nobume, but they all have unique movesets. The rest Sakamoto, Kagura, Kagura (Yato Instinct), Tsukuyo and Kamui all being different from one another, despite Kagura-Yato and Kamui both using CQC.)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I just beat Shadows of Valentia and really enjoyed it

Dread Fighter Lukas with a Brave Sword and 3 Bow knights with killer bows kinda trivialized the last fight, but it still took a long time to beat

Tatiana learning Fortify was super useful and it basically makes using her absolutely necessary. Mathilda was super broken and carried me through a lot of the later maps too. I liked her and Clair so much that I might build them up on FEH. Maybe I’ll make an SoV defense team or something. I don’t have Alm tho and I want FH!Celica

SoV was a lot of fun. It’s definitely one of the better FE games I’ve played. Next will probs be FE7 or maybe finishing FE8

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Version 5.0 mains? :nifty:

So the Switch got an update, so now those that have Twitter and Facebook can now add their friends onto it as well (For those that also have a Switch).

I'm almost done with my Uni stuff as well, I did the Questions; now I gotta have a look through my main stuff. By writing about 100 - 150 more words. Fingers crossed I get it all done.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not sure which Gen 7 starter I'd want to be playable in Smash Switch. I'm leaning towards the Litten and Popplio lines. Incineroar could be a grappler and we don't really have that archetype for the Pokémon cast if I recall correctly and Popplio and its evolutions would be interesting and funny to see with a seal flopping around. I like Rowlet, but I feel like Decidueye could have too similar a concept with Greninja. Decidueye gives off this feel of a sneaky, mobile fighter with a projectile.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Did a full summon from the counter banner because why not. I don't really know why I did this considering no green orbs showed up.
4* Gordin: +Res, -Spd. Okay-ish since +Def would have been better, but whatever. Well, there's one Gordin who showed up not being -Atk, -Def, or -HP and it happened after Gordin was made a freebie unit. Simply fantastic.

3* Niles: +Atk, -Res. Speaking of someone showing up with an undesired bane.

3* Selena: +Res, -Spd. Reposition for vanguard Ike.

4* Seliph: +Spd, -Res.

3* Setsuna: +HP, -Def.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going F!Corrin X Rhajat fans? :nifty::nifty:

Done my Uni assessment and submitted it, now to wait and see how it'll do and what my results are. I'm keeping my expectations low, I'm expecting around a 50 - 60 score on my assessment.

Also, the new Mini BOX is out in Duel Links with Insect and Plant support, and the Hey, Vsauce! Spell Card. :secretkpop:

So far, the URs seem really nice, Sylvan seems... not good? Arrivalrivals seems like it can be decent for swarming potential during your battle phase. I am still waiting for Vehicroid Connection Zone to be obtainable, since can you think of Double Cycroid just not giving a damn about Stall/Burn deck. :yeahboi:

Also, there's going to be a Beta for BBTAG near release if you pre-order the Deluxe Edition off the Japanese PSN, they'll eventually be an Open Beta that'll last 2 days (Closed lasts for 5 days); probably to test the servers, still waiting for the Switch version to get a Beta and even a European release; don't leave them out. :V

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
also why the **** does he get so many costumes lol
dlc privilege
Except for the hoodie one, four of his costumes come from FFXV and assuming the models can be used in any game which I think they can be since most game developers use 3ds Max and/or Maya, they probably took the models from FFXV and tweaked them to fit in Tekken 7. It would be easier with Noct because FFXV and Tekken 7's art styles are fairly similar. Tekken 7 is stylized in a way, but it's still realistic-looking compared to KoF XIV and SFV. Geese's KoF XIV model could have worked, but the developers might have had to redo most of it to make it resemble Tekken's aesthetics. SNK didn't really have to budget to do a lot with KoF XIV in terms of the graphics and it was their third KoF game to use 3D models. The previous two were the Maximum Impact games and those were on the PS2, two generations before KoF XIV. Speaking of games with similar aesthetics, Geralt could easily be a Soul Calibur VI guest character. Anyway, I digress.

Has anyone seen one of the recent trailers for new content in Monster Hunter: World featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series? :p

I really hope a new Devil May Cry or Dragon's Dogma game is announced in the near future. Also, it was probably a coincidence that it happened, but I find it funny how both Capcom and Square Enix had released remasters of their games recently and had characters from those games end up being featured in their newer games. Capcom has Dante's gear in MH:W and Vayne Carudas Solidor from FFXII was unveiled as the newest character for Dissidia NT. I wonder if they'll be able to get his English voice actor to reprise his role since I don't know what else Elijah Alexander worked on. Another thing is that I don't remember ever fighting Vayne in FFXII, so seeing him fight like a monk who can summon swords in Dissidia NT is pretty interesting. The way his swords are positioned and his use of hand to hand combat reminds me of Noct in the Versus XIII trailers.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I’m having trouble deciding if I should use Sheena in my arena core or if I should stick with Belka.

Sheena has a higher BST and will increase my arena score even more, but idk if I want to use her instead of Belka. I like both characters a lot, and they do fill a similar role on my team, so swapping one out for the other wouldn’t be a huge deal.

I think for this arena season I’ll try out Sheena instead of Belka and see how I feel. I just wish Sheena were in the 3* pool because she’s going to be a bit more annoying to merge up (but she is already +2 due to pulling a few 5* copies of her in the past)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Depends gorlo, what tier are you in atm? If you're in 18 you're fine. If you're one of those T20 heauxes then I'm calling the police.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Started NG+ in XC2 yesterday.
  • I'm in chapter 5 rn, just reached Indol. That means I'm getting Zeke soon! My overall plan is to storm through the story until about midway through chapter 6 so that I have every party member and access to every important/relevant continent, then do every sidequest up until that point. I'll probably work on affinity charts then as well.
  • I've gotten 2 of the Torna Blades so far; Sever and Obrona. Both are bonded to Rex. Obrona is fine but Sever is most likely getting Overdrived over to someone else. Rex already has Roc, Zenobia, and Boreas for Wind Blades, he absolutely doesn't need a 4th. Akhos, Mikhail, and Obrona were probably the 3 I wanted the most and since Mikhail is just earned through game progression, it's time to whale for Akhos.
  • So yeah, Rex is banned from using any more core crystals ever. He won't need the extra help between now and when he gets the master driver ability so, yeah. (tbh though I feel like I want to give him Patroka so I may overdrive her over if/when I get her)
  • On a similar note, Rex is getting benched forever once I get Zeke. Mythra is beyond overkill for everything even if I level myself down so that I'm underleveled. I think I'm going to bench Tora for Morag as well since I like her, but I just couldn't figure out how to properly use her in my first run, and I ended up using Tora instead for practically the entire game. So maybe this time I could have some variety.
  • I stalled out chapter 3 as long as I could so that Vandham didn't die. ;_; I played like 2 hours of Tiger Tiger just so that I wouldn't have to progress the story and so that I could get the Light Chip for Poppi QTπ (spoiler: I still don't have it and I am sad).
btw the Torna blades are busted and I don't even have the really good ones yet.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Pyra/Homura fans? :nifty::nifty:

Just relaxing now since I finished my stuff yesterday for University.

Now to wait for the revealing of the next BBTAG batch of characters. Predicting they'll show off Rise/Teddie, Yuzuriha and either Taokaka or Kokonoe.

Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo what are your thoughts on the new Mini Box in Duel Links?

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Depends gorlo, what tier are you in atm? If you're in 18 you're fine. If you're one of those T20 heauxes then I'm calling the police.
I’m tier 19.5, meaning I switch between tier 19 and 20 each week. My score isn’t high enough to actually stay in tier 20 all of the time

So I’m technically not one of those “tier 20 heauxes”

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
How do you not have a single bonus unit? Olivia, Donnel and F!Robin are free units, and Cherche is in the 3-4* pool

At least Gerome is a 40% bonus unit when you get him

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Lyon is OK as a unit but the thing with defensive gorls is they need to get doubled for maximum damage. So the more speed, the worse off they are. I wish there was a skill that traded spd for another stat, like a new kind of Fortress Def/Res/whatever. Red is a bad color for ranged defense atm. I wish I had a colorless that could be a mixed tank, but one doesn't exist yet.
I mean...Lyon has a near identical statline as Sophia, with a prf -Raven tome.

Raven tome Sophia is one of my best units.

Lyon is more than just usable, imo.

What's an easy way to increase arena score, buildwise? Cause I got knocked out of Tier 18 with an average match score of ~684 or so, and six deathless matches of the seven.

I'm not sure which Gen 7 starter I'd want to be playable in Smash Switch. I'm leaning towards the Litten and Popplio lines. Incineroar could be a grappler and we don't really have that archetype for the Pokémon cast if I recall correctly and Popplio and its evolutions would be interesting and funny to see with a seal flopping around. I like Rowlet, but I feel like Decidueye could have too similar a concept with Greninja. Decidueye gives off this feel of a sneaky, mobile fighter with a projectile.
Like Chainz., it would be nice for a non-starter make it in if we get another pokemon. Alternatively, we could get a Greninja situation, and Sakurai puts in a brand new pokemon from the eventual Pokemon Switch game.

holy **** namco actually releasing stuff on time?
I remember before the game came out, when they said that old characters and legacy costumes would be free.

I didn't realize they said that because they didn't actually think they'd ever get around to making that stuff....

Also, Buddhahobo Buddhahobo what are your thoughts on the new Mini Box in Duel Links?
Immediate pass for me, nothing I care about it. For people who use bug decks I can see why they'd like this mini-box, in the same way I adore Level Monster and Silent Magician so the Silent Magician mini-box was basically Christmas for me. There are some plant monsters which is cool, but they're very archetypey and won't work well with the plant cards I already have. I'm way more interested in more cards / support for Aroma and Plant Princess decks when it comes to that attribute.

Which is all good, cause I'm still basically out of gems after going all in on the last main box. Archfiends, Aliens, and a lot of those water cards were huge on the nostalgia factor for me.

Aliens and (once I actually build it) Water will be good decks for awhile now, though Archfiend will probably be B-tier or something cause I don't have Berserk Dragon. After the last KC I did get lucky and got the last few cards I needed to make a legitimate Gem Knight deck though, so I think I'm pretty future proof with all of this on top of Ancient Gear and my Level deck.

I still want to build a Magnet Warrior deck (one of the reasons I wanted to get Gem Knight packs, for the rock support), and...maybe a dragon or magician deck. I've got a lot of SR and UR tickets that expire at the end of the month and no idea what to use them on, but dragon and magician support seem to be the more recognizable things I could spend the tickets on.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
What's an easy way to increase arena score, buildwise? Cause I got knocked out of Tier 18 with an average match score of ~684 or so, and six deathless matches of the seven.
The easiest thing to do is to use skills with higher SP costs on your arena core. Refined weapons are worth more points, so they should be used when possible. DC/CC are worth the most, but they're hard to get, so using 240 SP skills like the dual blows or the breath skills is better for most people. B skills are easier to maximize because QR/Renewal/WoM/Sweep skills are all 240 sp skills. Speaking of which, it's worth it to spend the 20k feathers to get QR3 on your Lukas imo. C skills are probs even easier because all drives, ploys, and smoke skills are worth 240 SP. Aether/Galeforce and dual rallies also help, but those are really the last things you give your team to maximize your score.

Deathless arena runs are probs the most important thing to maximizing your score bc you'll have a tough time ranking up if you're losing like 100+ points from letting a unit die.

Once you start getting really serious about maximizing your arena score, merges become important since they add +4 points (iirc) per merge to a unit. Idk who you use for your core (I assume Lukas is one of them), but I would suggest avoiding ranged and/or cavalry units because they really hurt your score unless they're highly merged.

Here's a useful arena score calculator that shows you both your combined average score of your team and the individual score of each unit. I can give you an example of what my team looks like if you're interested. Feel free to ask me any questions, gorl.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'd rather see Silvally playable tbh

Like Chainz., it would be nice for a non-starter make it in if we get another pokemon. Alternatively, we could get a Greninja situation, and Sakurai puts in a brand new pokemon from the eventual Pokemon Switch game.
Well, yeah, I was wondering about if one of the Gen 7 starters were playable, then which one I would like to see. If it were any of the Gen 7 Pokémon, a non-starter would be nice. For me, because of how absurd it would be, I'd like to see Sandygast or Palossand be playable. An animated sandcastle fighting in a game where aerial mobility is pretty prominent would just be hilarious to see.

Also, Geralt was just announced as a guest character for Soul Calibur VI. Totally going to main him. One of the developers of CD Projekt Red tweeted about Geralt having a guest appearance and people figured he would end up being a Soul Calibur VI guest character or that he would fit very well in it. Guess his tweet was more than just a tease.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Well, yeah, I was wondering about if one of the Gen 7 starters were playable, then which one I would like to see. If it were any of the Gen 7 Pokémon, a non-starter would be nice. For me, because of how absurd it would be, I'd like to see Sandygast or Palossand be playable. An animated sandcastle fighting in a game where aerial mobility is pretty prominent would just be hilarious to see.
I'd love that, mainly considering how Palossand is my favorite Gen 7 Pokemon.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going UNGA mains? :nifty::nifty:

Waiting for the ArcSys stream to go live on Twitch so I can be intrigued by who'll get revealed. I'm predicting that Taokaka, Teddie and Yuzuriha will be announced, along with on Yang's actual gameplay revealed.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also, you can UNGA UNGA now in BBTAG. Ready for gorilla hype? :yeahboi:

Immediate pass for me, nothing I care about it. For people who use bug decks I can see why they'd like this mini-box, in the same way I adore Level Monster and Silent Magician so the Silent Magician mini-box was basically Christmas for me. There are some plant monsters which is cool, but they're very archetypey and won't work well with the plant cards I already have. I'm way more interested in more cards / support for Aroma and Plant Princess decks when it comes to that attribute.

Which is all good, cause I'm still basically out of gems after going all in on the last main box. Archfiends, Aliens, and a lot of those water cards were huge on the nostalgia factor for me.

Aliens and (once I actually build it) Water will be good decks for awhile now, though Archfiend will probably be B-tier or something cause I don't have Berserk Dragon. After the last KC I did get lucky and got the last few cards I needed to make a legitimate Gem Knight deck though, so I think I'm pretty future proof with all of this on top of Ancient Gear and my Level deck.

I still want to build a Magnet Warrior deck (one of the reasons I wanted to get Gem Knight packs, for the rock support), and...maybe a dragon or magician deck. I've got a lot of SR and UR tickets that expire at the end of the month and no idea what to use them on, but dragon and magician support seem to be the more recognizable things I could spend the tickets on.
That's understandable; I did watch Gunsblazing try out the Sylvan archetype, and oh my goodness; it can really demolish another player's field if they're not weary, Komushroomo can fish out up to 5 cards, if a Marshallleaf is pulled, bye bye monster; if a Komushroomo is pulled, bye bye backrow. Hey, Trunade! Michael here is pretty damn good as well on getting rid of backrow that your opponent could have (So stall decks can get screwed over, they'd have to pop their cards immediately just to get over Trunade; if they don't then they're screwed over).

Sylvan is pretty damn good I think. The Insect one seems like it can have potential, but I'm not so sure tbh.

I will admit, I'm hoping for Vehicroid Connection Zone to become available; so that way I can run Twin Cycroid and just have it not even care about card effects. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So I got a +def/-spd Horsie Boi Chrom. He's OK. Not amazing. His gimmick is kind of lame. I gave him Close Def but I kind of regret it given how his gimmick works when he's below 100% hp and not at 100%. But more importantly I got a +spd/-res Sothe. He's basically a more powerful B!Cordelia as far as I'm concerned. He also has abs. Not sure if he will be my next +10. Raven might be since he is an angry nuke boi. I already have a +5 Boey but still waiting for -spd for best min/max.

I hope M!Morgan drops to 4* instead of F!Morgan. He has a different type of niche/gimmick thanks to his tome, so he's not just another red tome heaux that nukes and runs. Whereas F!Morgan is a flying run of the mill tome heaux. But her dropping to 4* would be very nice for F2P and overall balance since M!Morgan is just a red magical Clarisse with a cuter/more precious personality ofc. Either way we win I guess. She's also the only flying magical user that's on a flying horse instead of a flying lizard (we don't speak of H!Nowi).

I’m tier 19.5, meaning I switch between tier 19 and 20 each week. My score isn’t high enough to actually stay in tier 20 all of the time

So I’m technically not one of those “tier 20 heauxes”
Better than me lol. I flop between 16-19 depending on my luck with bonus units. If there are no bonus units for me to use I drop a tier, if there are, I climb or stay in place. As long as I'm getting 3/4 orbs I'm happy.

I mean...Lyon has a near identical statline as Sophia, with a prf -Raven tome.

Raven tome Sophia is one of my best units.

Lyon is more than just usable, imo.
Raven tome builds rely on enemy phase more than player phase. Red is easily the worst defensive color and will probably remain that way until something absurd comes out. Like... red or green Rein absurd.

Not to say Sophia or Lyon are bad. It's their typing and the current assortment of units in the game that put them at a disadvantage. In the end Oliver or Boey wind up being better Raven gorls. More so Oliver than Boey, surprisingly enough. I guess beauty is the true power in this game, not tsundereness or preciousness.

J U S T ♥ O L I V E R as it should be :^)

BST < SP < Merges. So the most effective way is to throw extra merges on your core units since that's 2-for-1. The easiest way is to give them bumps to SP by using prf/refined weapons, +assists, Aether, and so on. +assists = dual rallies, +heals, or Sacrifice (which costs 400sp so ban Micaiah). Distant Counter/Close Counter are also pretty good for boosting SP totals and making your units more annoying if they have Vantage... But that means no gimmick/powerful abilities to help them out.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel so groovy! Context: listening to Flamingosis's A Groovy Thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-HossxeWc.

I hope M!Morgan drops to 4* instead of F!Morgan. He has a different type of niche/gimmick thanks to his tome, so he's not just another red tome heaux that nukes and runs. Whereas F!Morgan is a flying run of the mill tome heaux. But her dropping to 4* would be very nice for F2P and overall balance since M!Morgan is just a red magical Clarisse with a cuter/more precious personality ofc. Either way we win I guess. She's also the only flying magical user that's on a flying horse instead of a flying lizard (we don't speak of H!Nowi).
I'm going to be so mad if M!Morgan drops. He shows up when I wanted F!Morgan, he shows up as +Spd, -Def, and then he ends up being a 4* summonable red mage when miraculously, I was able to summon his 5* self. Meanwhile, all the other red mages that I had trouble summoning earlygame.

I have a feeling they might not demote any of them. Paladin Chrom is really good offensively, has a legendary weapon, and has a full set of passives; F!Morgan's the first regularly available ranged flier, and M!Morgan has a legendary tome and introduced a new series of skills, Dull Ranged. I'm getting to the point where I feel like the developers are making three character banners with the intention that the GHB or TT unit is everyone's "demoted" unit. Everyone can get them, they can get them as 4* stars, and they're locked out of natures so they can't be that +whatever unit you want and that you have to be lucky or spend a crapton of orbs to get. They could have put Owain on the banner, but nope, so now we have Odin as part of the Awakening maps and I was thinking that it was a missed opportunity for the Fallen Heroes banner to not have slapped in possessed Gunter and have him be a demote because who's really expecting witch Celica (it's Celica), Hardin (Gradivus, Bold Fighter), or GM!Robin (armored dragon with abs, Vengeful Fighter) to drop? Gunter on the other hand? Oh look, a potential axe cavalier like Kieren and Lex. Oh wait, that didn't happen, so we're still stuck with three axe cavaliers to this day: Frederick and Gunter who are pretty much the same units and Titania.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
How's it going Mania fans? :nifty::nifty::nifty::4sonic::nifty:

So a bunch of info got revealed.

I already mentioned BBTAG, but I'll post it again.

Aegis, Carmine and Jubei are all coming to BBTAG.
And it's coming to Europe now thanks to pqube.

Sonic Mania is also getting a huge update as well:

Sonic Mania will be updated to Sonic Mania Plus. You can purchase a physical copy of it, but if you own Sonic Mania digitally, it'll be updated to it (We don't know if it's for Free or not).
Mighty The Armadillo and Ray The Flying Squirrel are confirmed to be playable. Mighty hasn't been seen since 1995 and Ray since 1993; surprising that it's been over 20 Years since they last appeared.
There's an Encore Mode, makes me think it could be a Boss Rush.
The Competition Mode is now expanded to 4-Player competition.

There are going to be Shorts based on Sonic Mania as well called Sonic Mania Adventures, which is set after Sonic Forces; that's going to be neat.

Also, they also teased a new Sonic racing game. Even though the "R" looks like the one from Sonic R, they said that it isn't a sequel. So it's not linked to Sonic R, Sonic & All-Stars or Sonic Riders. Though I would've loved a Sonic Riders 4 which played sort of similar to the original Sonic Riders.

I'm down with play some more Sonic Mania, since that game is rad af; and I often go back to it just to play some of the stages.

And we got a date for the Fire Emblem Warriors Awakening DLC. 31st of March, so at the end of the month; probably because it'll be in time for Easter or in time for Tharja and Rhajat's birthdays?

Last edited:
Top Bottom