• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Farorae

Smash Ace
Well it should be free considering they aren't actually making completely new maps, but yeah much better than other companies at least.

Mericus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mericus
A very unscientific and probably improper way to explain it:

Drugs cause your body to react a certain way and you become addicted to this reaction or to whatever chemical is part of that reaction.

It's probably the same reason people become addicted to gambling. They're playing for a rush moreso than the money itself.
This is mostly correct o:
The chemical your thinking of is " dopamine ".

The brain produces it when stimulated by any " enjoyable "act ( playing vidya games ) or when you ingest something like sugar. Alot of anti-depressant pills use it. You can kinda get " burnt out " from excess drug abuse :(

Our brains may not necessarily know what benefits us and make poor " chemical choices " :u

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
Can someone do a in depth analysis on one of Nairu's videos. Like talk about all the techs he is using. I want to roast my friends with Zelda but they been playing competitive since melee. My dreams must happen though.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can someone do a in depth analysis on one of Nairu's videos. Like talk about all the techs he is using. I want to roast my friends with Zelda but they been playing competitive since melee. My dreams must happen though.
Lesson 1 : "Nairo" :p

Latte

Smash Ace
My cat keeps opening my door and coming into my room. When I take him out, he just does it again. How2teach cat 2 stop opening my door.

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Okay whoever said Nairo's Zelda beat Nietono's Sheik... either you lied or I could never find the fight in the stream, hahaha.

@ L Latte You don't teach cats to do anything, really.

@ Macchiato Macchiato Alright, boybert, but I'll have to leave after a few matches, okay? Add me up I'll connect.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, Seagull Joe placed Zelda as mid tier in the Character Competitive Impressions thread... Meanwhile... Falco is placed near the bottom in his and other tiers... :sadeyes:

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
My cat keeps opening my door and coming into my room. When I take him out, he just does it again. How2teach cat 2 stop opening my door.
step one : put cat in box
step two : close box
optional step : poke cat with random objects inside the box to see if he/she will attack it

Omg please don't choose FD again it hurts my eyes so much :'D
there are so many variations of FD why would someone pick FD that knows flash

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Btw for anyone wanting to see the Nairo Zelda vids, Rush hour smash's channel is uploading videos on YT throughout today. So far, none of the solo Zelda ones are uploaded, but considering I found like, around 7 new battles after a couple to few hours, it shouldn't be long now.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Well, Seagull Joe placed Zelda as mid tier in the Character Competitive Impressions thread... Meanwhile... Falco is placed bear the bottom in his and other tiers... :sadeyes:
This post makes me want Banjo and Kazooie in the game.

micstar615

Smash Ace
When all hope is gone, just as everyone falls out of our smashes, punishes our laggy lightening kicks and laughs at our projectiles, Nairu otherwise known as Nairo swoops in and rekindles our hope and hype. As disappointed as I am in Zelda in this game, I see potential in her and want her meta to develop so I'm glad to see her being represented by a major player. I'm also glad to see that we're finding some new tech for her and hopefully that continues as well.

Last edited:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
GGs @ Fernosaur Fernosaur that was really fun. Great villager. Any advice for zelda or ike?
Yeah man that was pretty sick, let's do that again sometime! I dunno where the sudden lag came from but I'm glad it got better by the end.

Your Zelda's pretty good already, your combos are super good so I guess it's just a matter of practicing the timing and being more expectant of where the enemy DIs out of your d-throw. It's funny cause I thought DIing away from Zelda worked the same as in Brawl, but it doesn't put you as far away from her in this game. That's a lot better for her than I gave her credit.

Ike was good too but you should watch your recovery better. You basically made yourself a giant target with a lot of those Quick Draws, which ended up nailing me two free KOs. I guess I shouldn't be one to speak because I do that a lot with the Villager, but riding the YOLO missile is just so fun :(.

I was actually surprised/amused at how Phantom walled Aether and didn't let you back on too XD That thing has some uses after all!

Your Tink is okay but tbh those matches got a bit boring by the end. But that's mostly because I reeeaaally don't like going against campy characters/players. I think Tink's got a pretty good mid-close range combo game this time around, so you should try using the sword more. And space with Z-air a lot too. It seems to be good in this game I think? Honestly haven't tried Tink this time, but yeah, camping can be good but you have to watch your CQC with him better.

The WiiFit is pretty good too! I totally didn't expect the off-stage Sun, and it killed super early! :O

Your turn now, gimme gimme moar advice on Villager! I already know I don't camp or zone nearly enough, but that's just cause I don't really like camping in general :(. Also yeah I should stop using the YOLO missile to get back XD. When you reflected it I saw it coming from a mile away and I was like "why did I hop con this thing?" haha.

In general I think you have to work more on your reads. I will confess I get up rolling from the edge a lot, but after a little while I basically trained you to try and edgeguard that part of the ledge and you missed a lot of good guards. In general you're pretty good at edgeguarding, though, so if you work on mixing your reads up a little bit better you're gonna be pretty fearsome while guarding the ledge.

Oh! Another general comment, don't spot dodge so much. A lot of times it works well, but others it gave me free smashes too. Careful with that!

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Yeah man that was pretty sick, let's do that again sometime! I dunno where the sudden lag came from but I'm glad it got better by the end.

Your Zelda's pretty good already, your combos are super good so I guess it's just a matter of practicing the timing and being more expectant of where the enemy DIs out of your d-throw. It's funny cause I thought DIing away from Zelda worked the same as in Brawl, but it doesn't put you as far away from her in this game. That's a lot better for her than I gave her credit.

Ike was good too but you should watch your recovery better. You basically made yourself a giant target with a lot of those Quick Draws, which ended up nailing me two free KOs. I guess I shouldn't be one to speak because I do that a lot with the Villager, but riding the YOLO missile is just so fun :(.

I was actually surprised/amused at how Phantom walled Aether and didn't let you back on too XD That thing has some uses after all!

Your Tink is okay but tbh those matches got a bit boring by the end. But that's mostly because I reeeaaally don't like going against campy characters/players. I think Tink's got a pretty good mid-close range combo game this time around, so you should try using the sword more. And space with Z-air a lot too. It seems to be good in this game I think? Honestly haven't tried Tink this time, but yeah, camping can be good but you have to watch your CQC with him better.

The WiiFit is pretty good too! I totally didn't expect the off-stage Sun, and it killed super early! :O

Your turn now, gimme gimme moar advice on Villager! I already know I don't camp or zone nearly enough, but that's just cause I don't really like camping in general :(. Also yeah I should stop using the YOLO missile to get back XD. When you reflected it I saw it coming from a mile away and I was like "why did I hop con this thing?" haha.

In general I think you have to work more on your reads. I will confess I get up rolling from the edge a lot, but after a little while I basically trained you to try and edgeguard that part of the ledge and you missed a lot of good guards. In general you're pretty good at edgeguarding, though, so if you work on mixing your reads up a little bit better you're gonna be pretty fearsome while guarding the ledge.

Oh! Another general comment, don't spot dodge so much. A lot of times it works well, but others it gave me free smashes too. Careful with that!
Ok use nair OOS more. I think yew always used fair OOS and nair is a better option. Ik the YOLO missile is fun, but remember nayrus love and that fair that got yew. Yew never got to stage once with it. What I see a lot from most villagers is they put a lloid then fair to cover options. Also don't approach, camp until they approach. Also camping is one of villager strengths, when even someone's on your shield and yew knock them off, run back and camp with lloid and fair. That's all, your villagers combos were great and so was yew killing. Also use the tree and bowling ball on ike Cuz he recovery. Good job tho

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Ok use nair OOS more. I think yew always used fair OOS and nair is a better option. Ik the YOLO missile is fun, but remember nayrus love and that fair that got yew. Yew never got to stage once with it. What I see a lot from most villagers is they put a lloid then fair to cover options. Also don't approach, camp until they approach. Also camping is one of villager strengths, when even someone's on your shield and yew knock them off, run back and camp with lloid and fair. That's all, your villagers combos were great and so was yew killing. Also use the tree and bowling ball on ike Cuz he recovery. Good job tho
Yeah I have some trouble using nair OoS because I use tap jump :p, but I'll try to start using buttons for OoS stuff. And I dunno if you noticed but sometimes I had input errors where I wanted to do up or side and it mixed them up. It isn't as noticeable with aerials but that's why I SD'd so much with the yolo or used Ballon Trip at pretty random points. I'm honestly not sure if it's 100% my fault or if the controller's sticker is kinda wonky, cause I never had that kind of issue with the GCs :(. Hopefully when I get the GC adapter it won't be as bad.

As for Ike and bowling ball. It's not as easy because aether hits you before you can drop the ball, and even if you hit he's protected by super armor anyways. With Ike I think it's better to try and stop aether midway with aerials.

I'd take the camping advice but I still don't like playing campy :p So I won't haha.

I had thought of something else to tell you but I forgot while I took a shower :( sorry.

you can slow lloid down while riding it so its still possible to be a ride or die ***** with it.
Yeah I know I tend to do that with people that stay on the stage instead of going down, but Macchiato never stays on the stage :'D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well, Seagull Joe placed Zelda as mid tier in the Character Competitive Impressions thread... Meanwhile... Falco is placed near the bottom in his and other tiers... :sadeyes:
Sorry man. I just think :4falco: stinks. If he had SHDL he'd be great, but that alone makes him have to approach everyone and they even slowed down his dair looool.

I can use :4falco: really well because of his bair.

:018:

Fernosaur

Smash Lord
NNID
Fernosaur
Lol I always wanna be done with the stock asap so I always go for a Dair or fair. Apparently, zeldas dtilt can edgeguard Farore's wind
Anything with a lingering hitbox can edgeguard Farore's, actually. Bowser's and Charizard's breath, Ness PK Thunder (if aimed right), tons of nairs, etc.

It's Farore's one big weakness and I hope people never learn about it :'D

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
One day I want to be as good as Nairuto. (sorry, not sorry)

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
well to be fair that's a weakness with every recovery

it's just easier to hit something like Farore's out of ledgesnap because she has the teleport startup and no active hitboxes while in transit

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Ganon saw way more success than Zelda in Brawl and a few Ganon players are extremely well known for doing crazy things. Didn't stop him from being dead last.

Same can be applied to this game. Outliers exist and shouldn't really be used to justify anything. Commentators were pretty facetious about the whole thing in last night's stream.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The only bit of commentary I remember at all from the stream was round 2 of choco v nairo when Keitaro was all "LOOK CHAT THEY'RE BOTH AT 69"

quality commentary

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The only bit of commentary I remember at all from the stream was round 2 of choco v nairo when Keitaro was all "LOOK CHAT THEY'RE BOTH AT 69"

quality commentary
HOT :4zss:69 ON :4zss:69 ACTION WHOOP WHOOP

Gorls, we gotta make it PG13. :^)

Furret

Long Body Pokémon

quality commentary
that commentary last night
furret_by_athosiana-d4t3zql.png

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
default palette > shiny for nearly every poke imo

Lilligant, Gardevoir, and Ninetales are my only exceptions coming to mind. Also shiny Starmie's fine by me in gen 6, I didn't like its sprite as much in previous gens but the blue gem looks nice in X.

Top Bottom