• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
This game is starting to want me to make flier emblem.
IMG_2045.PNG
And later when I was summoning for Elincia/Nephenee:
IMG_2046.PNG
Now all I need is a good natured Shanna and I'm set.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Do you have a Sp!Camilla or Su!Corrin?

Otherwise, running 4 goads is better if you're just using all melee fliers

Virtue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TripleTriad
3DS FC
3609-1766-6115
I don't have either of those.
I really don't have any strong flier emblem options except for Est/Cordelia but I'm definitely thinking of what I can use it for. I should probably hold off until they release another ranged flier though.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'm a console peasant tho
rip 4 lyfe

This game is starting to want me to make flier emblem.
And later when I was summoning for Elincia/Nephenee:
Now all I need is a good natured Shanna and I'm set.
OK, you can give me my luck back now. :^)

Lorde Lorde is right tho, Flier Emblem really only works with a nuker gorl like Bunny Gorl or Beach Gorl. I hope we get another Fly Gorl with range that's not seasonal. But they probably realized having a Limited Ranged Fly Gorl = tons of money, so that might take a while. Giving us one through GHB somehow would be nice, tho.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
A lot of the good fliers are pretty easy to get

4 melee fliers is not optimal obv, but it's viable. Just run goad on everyone

if you have Elincia, then she's a really good option for red. Palla is fine otherwise, and Caeda can be good with a lot of SI and the right IVs. Palla ideally should be +spd and Caeda will want +atk or +spd

Cordelia is a lot better than Est, so if you have a +spd or +atk Cordelia, then definitely invest in her. Tana is also really good, but I assume you don't have her. Tsubaki is a good option for a more defensive blue, and since you mentioned Shanna, she's an option, but just not optimal. Use her if you like her tho

Green could be Cherche or Minerva. +atk Cherche with DB3 and Brave Axe is terrifying. Minerva is a cool gorl with ha Hauteclere. Michalis is an option for a bulkier flier, and Belka is even bulkier than he is, but her only damage comes from ignis/bonfire procs

Last slot is usually a second blue flier, a dancer, or a bonus unit for the arena

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Calling all tech gorls

I'm trying to buy a new laptop that will last me for a while, so I'm expecting to spend some money. I got recommended the XPS-13 by multiple people, which is probably near the upper limit of my budget. I do want it to be able to play games, but that's definitely not the main focus. Any recommendations / thoughts on computer buying? (Don't want to make my own desktop because I want to be able to take my computer places)

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I run a +Spd Caeda, she's great for what I use her for and has really high SPD and RES. She's basically immune to doubles.

Subaki is probably the best defensive / enemy phase flier you can have outside of a good defense IV Tana with her special weapon. He's going to be your physical bait unit and mages will turn him into Thanksgiving dinner. There's Valter to consider too, but I haven't really messed around with him much to see what role best suits him.

Hinoka, most Tanas, and Cordelia are all purely offensive blue fliers for the most part. Est exists, but she's only good if you build her to basically be what Cordelia is naturally. Florina is...well, Florina.

Like Lorde said, Cherche, Minerva, or f2p Michalis are good green fliers to round out the team. A +RES Camilla as an enemy phase mage baiter is an option too as Caeda's red coloring doesn't make her the best in that role even with her RES and SPD stats. Cherche needs a +ATK nature and SI investment, but if built is a monstrously good player phase attacker. Minerva is incredibly versatile and can be built accordingly or as a general all-arounder.

Lastly, flier buffs. Lorde's right that you'll probably want to prioritize Goad due to the better availability and radius. Hinoka's Hone Flier is still really good, you just need the teammates that would make the best use of it (Cherche, another Hinoka/Cordelia, Elincia).

A big thing to consider are movement based b-skills and assist skills. Hit And Run (Clair and Clive) is a great B-skill for an offensive flier like Cordelia, for example. Then have some draw backs or repositions around to move her/others out of the way.

I'm trying to buy a new laptop that will last me for a while, so I'm expecting to spend some money. I got recommended the XPS-13 by multiple people, which is probably near the upper limit of my budget. I do want it to be able to play games, but that's definitely not the main focus. Any recommendations / thoughts on computer buying? (Don't want to make my own desktop because I want to be able to take my computer places)
What sort of games, and is there a main focus besides longevity?

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
What sort of games, and is there a main focus besides longevity?
Being able to play SFV-like games at 60fps would be nice. Anime fighters/guilty gear. Some steam games like Borderlands and various indie games. Also to run emulators without my computer overworking to play things like FF6 whenever I want.

I do research for a profession, so a lot of Microsoft office type stuff, being able to process videos and large data sets efficiently. I would do any heavy analysis computer stuff on a work computer (assuming I'd have a desktop at work), but the ability to run some science software on my laptop is something I want.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Random factoid... You know Mela Lee, the gorl who voices Tiki in Awakening and FEH? She also voices Tikki in Miraculous Ladybug. IDK. I think it's funny because it's basically the same name. Also noticed a lot of the voice actors for Miraculous also voice characters for FEH. Mela Lee is clearly the canon voice for anyone with a name that sounds similar to Tiki. :^)

Also Ben Diskin, the guy who edgily voices Saizo and then 2 other cool dudes (Matthew and Jakob) voices a squeaky sprite and 2 nerds in Miraculous. There's many similar VAs between FEH/Miraculous, but most sound like "total opposites" so I didn't know until I saw the casting list. oopsT

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Calling all tech gorls

No expert on the subject, but I see integrated graphics rather than a dedicated card and I'd expect it to be disappointing for games because of that

I can't really recommend anything though, and I'm several years behind on actually looking at this stuff. I was recommended an ASUS K53SD back in '12~'13, which was comparatively cheap compared to other laptops sporting an i7 and a graphics card. What I didn't know is the 610M is an utterly worthless card; I can't really play most 3D games (or even some 2D games with heavy particle effects) at all on it. Can play Blazblue though, so long as nobody picks Izayoi or any stages with crazy backgrounds.

but yeah graphics card is important don't ignore that when looking, make sure it can run what you want it to

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I was told that nvidias weren't actually that good / are buggy. The guy at work definitely isn't a gamer, but he said the graphics card in the XPS is pretty good. I'll do more research on the card it comes with in particular.

He also said that the i5 and i7 processors are pretty similar/potentially not worth the extra 500-800 dollar price tag. Thoughts on that?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
He also said that the i5 and i7 processors are pretty similar/potentially not worth the extra 500-800 dollar price tag. Thoughts on that?
To my knowledge it's not an improvement that warrants the price tag, I'd favor the i5 at that point.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd probably splurge on extra RAM before anything else like bumping up from i5 to i7. I do research on my laptop and I feel like I always need more of it.

A coworker has a 17" Asus ROG with a SSD and it can play Overwatch at max settings iirc. Not sure how that compares to max settings SFV.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Calling all tech gorls

I'm at uni right now, so I can't talk much or help much right now, but like Buddhahobo said, what are you doing with it. Actually, answer these questions:

- Budget:
- Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc):
- Operating System required:

I pulled that from PCPartpicker's forums, but Reddit and LinusTechTips has similar ones too for their new builds, but also applicable, new laptop, tablet, whatever. For example: https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...d-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/.

Also, are you a still a student? You can get qualify for student discounts which could make some laptops more affordable.

I was told that nvidias weren't actually that good / are buggy. The guy at work definitely isn't a gamer, but he said the graphics card in the XPS is pretty good. I'll do more research on the card it comes with in particular.
I'm going to be nice about this, but that guy has no idea what he's talking about if he's saying Nvidia, a leading company on GPUs, have poor quality GPUs. Intel primarily focuses on CPUs, so their graphics options are mainly integrated and not discrete i.e. an graphics card that Nvidia and AMD for that matter, focus on; AMD has divisions for CPUs and GPUs while Nvidia is mostly GPU, but they have CPUs if the Nintendo Switch's CPU isn't any indication of that and that CPU was used for their Shield systems.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I'm going to be nice about this, but that guy has no idea what he's talking about if he's saying Nvidia, a leading company on GPUs, have poor quality GPUs. Intel primarily focuses on CPUs, so their graphics options are mainly integrated and not discrete i.e. an graphics card that Nvidia and AMD for that matter, focus on.
Isn't AMD hitting it out of the park or something on graphics cards? Like just as good as intel only because they aren't intel it's way cheaper. Or maybe that was processors...

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
AMD RX 570/580 graphics cards were in high demand earlier in the year for apparently being ideal for bitcoin mining, I assume meaning throwaways for their performance:cost ratio.

Other than that I've actually only heard horror stories about AMD cards dying and/or going haywire after driver updates lol. Had a friend replace two AMD cards in one year before saying screw it and switching to Nvidia.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Isn't AMD hitting it out of the park or something on graphics cards? Like just as good as intel only because they aren't intel it's way cheaper. Or maybe that was processors...
It's CPUs. The recent release of Ryzen has brought them back to being competitive with Intel. Before, they screwed up the Bulldozer-based CPUs. I think they're Bulldozer... Whatever, the previous architecture wasn't good since it banked on having good and many multithreaded performance, but most programs relied on and still rely on strong singlethreaded performance which the Intel's CPUs, especially the i series are really good at while having good multithreaded performance as well. The sad part is that the architecture before Bulldozer was competitive, but AMD carried the FX name for Bulldozer CPUs and that more or less killed the brand.

On the GPU side, AMD was always competitive with Nvidia after they acquired ATI a long time ago?, but apparently they screwed up this generation with Vega being incredibly late and kind of underpowered. Not that big of a deal since Vega is apparently the last of its generation and Navi, the new architecture, will take over. Polaris, however, was good from what I remember reading -- power efficient, budget friendly --, but it's strongest option is the RX 480 and the RX 580 which are weaker than Nvidia's GTX 1070 and above. Makes sense since Vega was supposed to compete as the higher end cards.

Also, like Lavani said, AMD's GPUs are really good for cryptocurrency mining, so that drives up the price of their cards, especially Vega cards where I think you can downclock them which would make them worse in gaming than the GTX 1070 and 1080, but it would be more power efficient for mining while not losing much performance for mining.

Speaking of their GPUs, Raven Ridge is almost out and that's their new APUs based on Zen, the architecture Ryzen is on. AMD APUs combine CPU and GPU, so Raven Ridge would have good CPU through Zen and good integrated GPU through Vega? For laptops, that could mean a good all-around, power efficient system that has good graphics for a laptop.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
What he said about nvidias is that they tend to have more problems post-driver updates than the stock Intel graphics cards, in his experience.

I'm sure the high end nvidias are amazing, but cost/benefit-wise they might not be ideal? Idk.

Quick Google search gives me this list of graphics cards:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-of-Laptop-Graphics-Cards.130.0.html
And puts the one that comes with the xps13 in class 3 -
Low-Midrange Graphics Cards - Modern games should be playable with these graphics cards at low settings and resolutions. Casual gamers may be happy with these cards.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-520.149940.0.html

I'm in no hurry, and am also at work, so any advice is nice advice whether it comes now or tomorrow or in a few days (looking to buy sometime next week... Been putting this off for too long).

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Nvida does its job. The one thing I noticed is that the built in recording feature sometimes doesn't work. Everything else is fine and dandy and has been fine for the past 2~3 years I had my computer.

As far as Processors/CPUs go, I think Intel is the winner only because they're a bit more energy friendly when compared to AMD. Especially older AMD Processors. So as far as Laptops go, you probably do want an Intel-something, although, AMD is (and probably always will be) cheaper.

Also integrated graphics is usually a big no-no unless all you do is play Facebook game or possibly games like Dungeon Fighter Online (and don't PvP and have Party Skills Opacity turned way up)... 3D games on the lowest setting might play OK, just not reliably high FPS.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Since it's Yahoo Answers Hour here I guess, does anyone know what time games get added to Steam? For Ninty it's almost always midnight EST but Steam probably isn't the same. Or is it different depending on what company adds the game?

Yes I'm impatient for Dangan V3

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Since it's Yahoo Answers Hour here I guess, does anyone know what time games get added to Steam? For Ninty it's almost always midnight EST but Steam probably isn't the same. Or is it different depending on what company adds the game?

Yes I'm impatient for Dangan V3
I think it depends on the company.

That said, the Dangan V3 steam page says they're throwing a midnight launch party on twitch as 11pm PDT, 9/25.

Midnight Launch Countdown Party [9/25@11:00PM PDT]
SEPTEMBER 19 - SPIKE CHUNSOFT
Join us on Twitch for our countdown to the midnight launch of Danganronpa V3 on Steam!
Tune in for thrills, chills and killer prizes. (Not to mention secret guests!)
Tweet your questions for the director for us to read on Twitch with the hashtag #WhyKodaka.

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft
So I assume it comes out an hour after that.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
So I decided to start up sm4sh, because I realized I hadn't done classic 9.0 with the dlc characters yet

Roy is kinda silly here

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
gj using the correct roy palette

the dark purple one is also acceptable

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
The game looks ugly af
Lacking roster
Day 1 season pass
Capcom will probably give you another rootkit.
You could put that money towards a better fighting game like tekken or gg
This is all true, but I without Marvel, I wouldn't even LIKE fighting games like I do now. I still feel the urge to play it. All these rumblings about how good the gameplay is once you get past its hideous exterior doesn't make this easier. I am in a pretty abusive relationship with capcom fighters lol.

I haven't gotten Rev 2 yet, that's a good point.

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
These earthquakes are getting worse. seismologists are predicting "super earthquakes" to be coming soon . . .

jeez.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Earthquakes themselves aren't worse, but their impact is bigger because the cities are bigger, population is increasing, and information is spread like crazy.
Also, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing like "predicting earthquakes".
:196:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Okay, I just got back from uni. Little thing with Lil Puddin first.
As far as Processors/CPUs go, I think Intel is the winner only because they're a bit more energy friendly when compared to AMD. Especially older AMD Processors. So as far as Laptops go, you probably do want an Intel-something, although, AMD is (and probably always will be) cheaper.

Also integrated graphics is usually a big no-no unless all you do is play Facebook game or possibly games like Dungeon Fighter Online (and don't PvP and have Party Skills Opacity turned way up)... 3D games on the lowest setting might play OK, just not reliably high FPS.
Not really anymore; Ryzen has been shown to be as efficient or sometimes even more efficient compared to Intel's CPUs. The only problem is that Ryzen is currently only on desktop PCs -- I think -- since Raven Ridge APUs won't be out until Q4 2017 and I don't know about Zen CPUs-only -- so, not an APU -- being on laptops. Still, if Ryzen is power efficient on desktops, then laptop versions should be considering laptop CPUs tends to be downclocked desktop CPUs.

For iGPUs (integrated GPUs), it really depends. AMD, Intel's Iris Pro, and Nvidia's iGPUs are all good, especially (at the moment) Nvidia's higher end ones like they were able to put in a GTX 1060 and better into laptops and not have much of a problem with power or heat and that's a mid-high range GPU.

Also, some quick things...
They are different, but for different situations. So, for casual use and gaming, an i5 should be similar to an i7 that it's probably not worth it unless you really want all that power from getting an i7-7700K for example. For stuff like animation, modeling, streaming, video editing, and stuff that really needs the extra threads and/or cores -- Intel's releasing +6 core i7's in the near future? -- then there will be a difference where the i5 will be performing worse than the i7.

That's just for desktops, though, since laptops are weird like my laptop has an i7, but it only has two cores for whatever reason, so a 4 core laptop i5 should probably better. Still, if comparing laptop CPUs of from the same generation or one or two generations apart and both are that different like comparing a 4 core i5 to a 2 core i7, then it should be the same where the i7 is better if you need the extra horsepower an i7 can provide.

What he said about nvidias is that they tend to have more problems post-driver updates than the stock Intel graphics cards, in his experience.
Yeah, but that's one dude's experience... Not saying it's invalid, but it's one person's experience to countless others that are positive or negative.

Being able to play SFV-like games at 60fps would be nice. Anime fighters/guilty gear. Some steam games like Borderlands and various indie games. Also to run emulators without my computer overworking to play things like FF6 whenever I want.
First off, I think SFV isn't that well-optimized since Guilty Gear, Injustice 2?, KoF XIV, and Tekken 7 can run on lower requirements than SFV needs. Optimization in general is kind of messy since you can have very beautiful, complex, heavy, whatever games run on almost anything and then something else needs like all the power it can get, but feels like it shouldn't.

Okay, main advice time.
Calling all tech gorls

I do research for a profession, so a lot of Microsoft office type stuff, being able to process videos and large data sets efficiently. I would do any heavy analysis computer stuff on a work computer (assuming I'd have a desktop at work), but the ability to run some science software on my laptop is something I want.
Based on these three things, I'm guessing your budget is around $1000 to $1500. No idea since you didn't specify which specifications you wanted of those two laptops since the base Dell XPS-13 is like $1100, but the tricked out one is $1800.

On use, it's primarily for research where you'll be using MS Suite stuff, processing data and video, and "science software". Dude, you're gonna need to be specific on this because I have no idea what that is. Is it like MATLAB or something? Stuff like AutoCad I think is science-y and that includes stuff like 3ds Max and Maya where you'd need a good CPU and GPU for rendering and stuff. Secondary use is what I think is light gaming since indie games aren't usually heavy and I don't think you're aiming for high settings, but something like low settings and ideally 60 FPS, but 30 FPS might happen with some games. Emulators depends since if you're doing stuff like GBA emulation, then whatever, but GCN, Wii, PS2, etc., then you might want to do that on a desktop PC.

Here me out on this one, but even though you said you "Don't want to make my own desktop because I want to be able to take my computer places", I think having a laptop for work and a desktop for gaming would be better. Other than that a gaming PC can be cheaper and will probably be stronger giving you more leeway for settings, you can build small gaming PCs that if you really want to, you could take it with you if you travel -- not sure what extent your research would take you. Those small PCs would use either micro-ATX motherboards or even smaller, mini-ATX motherboards and recent PC cases can even house high end cards like Nvidia's GTX 1080 and Titan or AMD's Vega. Probably shouldn't do that, though, since it probably will get hot, so Nvidia's GTX 1060 and 1070 -- I'd need to check -- and AMD's RX 580 might be better if you want as much power in a tiny enclosure.

Anyway, I kind of don't understand what you mean by wanting to take your computer places. If you're at home, then you can just use a desktop for entertainment and when you're working, use and bring your laptop with you. Even if money's a concern, then invest in a work laptop and save up for a desktop since work should take priority over gaming.

Moving on, you're probably not looking for a gaming laptop which are very expensive, usually power hungry so you won't have good battery life, and depending on the laptop's design, can be bulky. There are people who use them for school and work, but it's probably not ideal or needed for your needs and wants.

Note: I'm going to cover everything about AMD as an option in a different section at the end of this.

While I don't know what "science software" you're using and what it would need, I think data processing would mean "at least an i5". That is to say, a CPU with good compute power. That would mainly be Intel's i5 and i7, preferably a four core one since you need as much compute power as you can get. Otherwise, if you were just doing MS Suite stuff, an i3 or two core i5 and i7 could work for you.

Video processing... is that like video rendering? If so, then you would need a decent GPU. Here's another problem for me: I have no idea what software you're using for video rendering and to what extent you're doing like if it's simple geometry, then maybe Intel's iGPUs below the recent Iris Pro GPUs are okay, but maybe not. I'm gonna play it safe here since I don't now much about Intel's Iris Pro; get a laptop with at least a GTX 1050. Like I said in a different post, Nvidia (and AMD) have been making great progress on getting powerful GPUs into laptops while having them be power efficient. Nvidia's solution seems to be "stuffing" desktop GPUs into laptops and that's what they did with the GTX 1000 series. So, you can get a laptop with a GTX 1050, a mid-range card. GTX 1050 Ti and upwards would be better if you can afford it and according to Newegg's listing, you can get a laptop with a GTX 1060 and four core i7 for ~$1,300, but it will only have a 128 GB SSD which isn't much, but hey, you get an even better GPU. Here's a filtered listing of laptops with GTX 1050 to 1060 on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100167732 601286598 601285496 601205664 600337010 600136700. I hope it works. Quick Edit here: I've never heard of the company "Eluktronics", but Acer, ASUS, Gigabyte, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, and of course, Dell should all be fine.

Otherwise, check out Nvidia's page for more info on their GTX 10 series laptops and where to buy them: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/laptops/.

So, on AMD: AMD's current offerings might not work for you since the APUs currently out are based on Excavator which is the last generation for Bulldozer CPUs and APUs. Basically, the crappy AMD CPUs that were okay on paper, but not so great in practice. That's not to say the current APUs out there are bad, it's just they're weaker than an i5 and i7 for that matter paired with a high end Nvidia GPU. The Zen-based APUs won't be out until Q4 2017. Zen is a good architecture and with Vega not being so heavily clocked to compete with Nvidia's high end GPUs, it should be power efficient while being powerful. If you can wait that long, then you might want to check out benchmarks on Raven Ridge-based laptops and consider them alongside an Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU laptop.

TL;DR: I suggest getting a laptop with at least a four core i5 and Nvidia 1050 GPU. If you can wait, then check out Raven Ridge-based AMD APU laptops, but if you seriously need a new laptop now, then don't do that.

As always, do as much research as you need, check out battery stuff, check out benchmarks for software and games you'll be using/playing, and if you have any questions, ask here or ask on LinusTechTips or Reddit somewhere -- I think those should have laptop buying sections.

I was going to give you a rundown on AMD, Intel, and Nvidia's numbering and a rough idea where stuff would fit, but I think that would have made the post even longer. If you want me to, then I can post it after later.

Edit: Forgot about this! More RAM is better. 16 GB should be the standard at this point. Not sure for data analysis, but more is probably better.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
For what it's worth, despite the complaining I was just doing about my own laptop, I was still able to get 60fps emulating Dark Cloud (PS2) on it, with texture upscaling. I imagine anything more modern in this price range (which, mine was like $700 for the record) would have no issues on that front.

(and then I'll annoyingly get <1fps in an indie game with simple graphics but some poorly-optimized water or particles that make my card explode, but that's neither here nor there)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Earthquakes themselves aren't worse, but their impact is bigger because the cities are bigger, population is increasing, and information is spread like crazy.
Also, I'm pretty sure there's no such thing like "predicting earthquakes".
:196:
Well seismographs and sassmographs are practically the same thing, ignoring the fact that they measure different things.
Sassmographs are extremely accurate at predicting sass.
Therefruit seismographs are extremely accurate at predicting earthquakes.
r98fce4.gif

It's in the science

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For what it's worth, despite the complaining I was just doing about my own laptop, I was still able to get 60fps emulating Dark Cloud (PS2) on it, with texture upscaling. I imagine anything more modern in this price range (which, mine was like $700 for the record) would have no issues on that front.

(and then I'll annoyingly get <1fps in an indie game with simple graphics but some poorly-optimized water or particles that make my card explode, but that's neither here nor there)
Yeah, I don't know much about emulating. I've heard good single-core performance is useful for some emulators, but GBA, NES, and stuff like that should be fine on anything.

Speaking of exploding stuff, I killed my laptop's battery once. It was about a year ago and I think it was the combination of Far Cry 3, Saints Row: The Third, and Skyrim that killed it. I think Skyrim was the tipping point for the poor thing. $700 to $800 laptop and if I recall correctly, a ~$200 battery replacement. Never will I play any game that isn't old as hell or very low demanding like Stardew Valley on this damn thing.

I'm at a point where running stuff like Photoshop worries me which is creating another problem. I've decided for better or worse, to pursue a minor in Art focusing on digital art like animation and 3D modeling since I don't think majoring it will work in the time frame I have left -- I'd probably have to stay in uni for 2-3 more years. Anyway, I want to try out Blender or if I can get my hands on them, 3ds Max and Maya, to not only see if I made the right choice and if I'd like it, but also to get practice and experience, but I'm deathly afraid my laptop will fry, so it's like, do I just dump ~$1200 for a PC and do a leap of faith in trying to figure out what I want to do for a career, do I risk having to get another battery, or do I just wait until next semester and jump into a course without any experience which would probably be helpful to have.

Worse case scenario is I end up not liking it which is weird since I like art and I end up with a gaming PC which isn't exactly helpful since I should be focusing on figuring out life stuff. Oh look, you can play The Witcher 2 now! Enjoy still being clueless and with no prospects for a future.

Last edited:
hey guys talk me out of buying mvci k thnx.

the gameplay is actually very solid but everything else sucks. plus, the gameplay could get worse over time via some random exploit found. don't buy the game for now. for all we know, capcom could release some upgraded mvci version with more characters, upgraded graphics, and that crap

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Moving into the dorms went well! My roommate seems nice and I actually got into a better room because the room they originally put me in was vacant for a whole term and had a bit of mold on the ceiling. So they moved me to a room in the newer side of the building and it's much nicer :dr^_^:

I'm still nervous about this kind of community life and college in general, but I'm gonna try my best and hope I can do okay here

Oh and I tried the main building wifi and it seemed fine. Tiny bits of lag on Pokken Online but nothing major. It'll probably tank eventually but maybe once my room's wifi is up it'll be better. Plus there's Ethernet ports so that'll help once I finally get LAN stuff

Top Bottom