• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
horse emblem is so easy to make

marx+camus+cecilia is the easiest team to make since all of them were free units

if you have a reinhardt (bonus points if he's +atk), you get to witness the hilarity of dire thunder+horse buffs
I have atk reinhardt

I was planning on using Rein/Cecilia/Cain/Camus?

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
To all you Overwatch PC gorls (@Lil Puddin Nammy12 Nammy12 Cress! Cress! ): my new Battletag is Mew2Chainz#1212. Pls add me I have no frenz k thnx byeee

:150:
I'm not playing with a filthy hacker smh

I'd rather go depress myself more with Danganronpa since my favorite character died earlier.
Ignore the logo and #13, this is a Youtube thumbnail. Also blood in this game is pink. Someone wasn't having fun with decorating the walls with paint.

What's also uplifting is the Fire Emblem version of the HA! Collection. Not as great as the original but still a solid 7.4/10.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning Back Throw mains. How's everyone doing? :4ness:

Saw episode 4 of Aho Girl, Tsure+dure Children and NEW GAME!!.

As usual, they were funny and cute as usual.

Just don't get a forehead flick from Umiko Ffamran Ffamran :secretkpop:

Will definitely be watching Sakura Quest today, but I also need to stop neglecting Smash and practice some more. Or I can neglect it further and make a Mario Maker themed level thanks to watching CarlSagan's recent video. :yeahboi:

Btw, Pokemon Shuffle got an update yesterday, they're now throwing Pikachus at us AGAIN. And Survival Mode is still too strong. (Also, they now allow us to get Mewtwo and Groudon to Lv. 30 now. That is going to take a while...)

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
The only thing in the Mario franchise more bland and tasteless than the "New" Series is every Mario sport game ever. I can't think of a single one that wasn't a pain to play other than Strikers Charged, which was mediocre, but not terrible.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The Mario sports games have lost their touch lately. Though I've only played 2 of the Sports games.

Being Strikers Charged Football and Tennis Open on the 3DS. But I do recall hearing that the older Golf and Tennis games are fantastic. Mainly Mario Tennis on both the Game Boy and N64 (Don't forget the Gamecube version too which has the outtakes which are still really good. Can't get over Waluigi commenting on Bowser fainting "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"). I do recall hearing that the Golf games on the N64 and Gamecube being great as well. But I never did play Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Strikers Charged however I do like; but dammit was the Expert Cup really difficult.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The only thing in the Mario franchise more bland and tasteless than the "New" Series is every Mario sport game ever. I can't think of a single one that wasn't a pain to play other than Strikers Charged, which was mediocre, but not terrible.
You dare insult that which gave us the best character in all of Mario?

The golf game on the 3DS is good, too. You just have to actually like golf, which is admittedly a tall order that I personally don't pass. And then there's most of the Kart series.

I was planning on using Rein/Cecilia/Cain/Camus?
Cain over Xander?

Ha, puddin them chainz on!

... I'll go to my corner now.
This is why you can't have nice things red mages.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord

The golf game on the 3DS is good, too. You just have to actually like golf, which is admittedly a tall order that I personally don't pass. And then there's most of the kart series.
Hm, perhaps I should have specified. In my lifetime, I have only encountered bad Mario sports games aside from the previously mentioned Strikers. Before I came to existence there were good games like the aforementioned Mario Tennis 64 (Seriously Nintendo, give Waluigi a game.)
I don't count the Mario Kart series as they are a definite stand-out from the rest.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Hm, perhaps I should have specified. In my lifetime,
Yeah, the N64 and gamecube basically predate you so it makes sense you have that opinion with just the Wii-era and later Mario sports games.

Also Cress! Cress! they released Cordelia gameplay. It's lovely, I like the song, and I like her special attack but...it's kind of underwhelming. And kind of looks like Chrom's moveset with different effects in a lot of ways?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Decided to try again for summer F!Corrin. Didn't get her. Freaking 4* Donnel and Gwendolyn.
4* Donnel: +Atk, -Res. Neat, but I'm just going to keep using neutral Donnel since he's someone I really want to invest in.

4* Gwendolyn: +Spd, -Res. Why can't you be summoned with =Res and not -Atk or something crappy? +Atk, +Res, or +Def and -Spd would be pretty awesome since I could give you Wary Fighter or something.

4* Kagero: +HP, -Res. I have 3 of you now and I don't know what to do with the unused 2.

4* Sheena: +Def, -HP.

4* Tharja: +Def, -Spd.

Well, at least I got 2 new units, my first axe knight and Tharja even though she's -Spd. At least it's Tharja? 16 more orbs. I want summer F!Corrin even if it's a pretty bad idea to dump all my orbs into this banner.

Case in point: the Tharja I just summoned. :teeth:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

The golf game on the 3DS is good, too. You just have to actually like golf, which is admittedly a tall order that I personally don't pass. And then there's most of the Kart series.

Cain over Xander?

I don't like Xander

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Also Cress! Cress! they released Cordelia gameplay. It's lovely, I like the song, and I like her special attack but...it's kind of underwhelming. And kind of looks like Chrom's moveset with different effects in a lot of ways?
I'm not Cress!, but I like how they had her official art post be her victory pose in FE Warriors. The one thing I'm really curious about is if flyers can go to other places grounded units can't. I say this since in the Samurai Warriors games, ninja characters could double jump and they could go to places other characters couldn't. Considering this game will have Fates characters and it would also make sense for thieves to be able to jump high, maybe flyers and thieves can go do that.

Also, hahaha, game. -Spd 4* Tharja is as fast a 5* Raigh. Very funny. So hilarious. Such a humorous joke. Screw you, game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Eddie if you hate all Mario sports games then you never had siblings or friends to play those games with you.

They're unplayable alone, sure,

But part of my GC gold age was definitely playing Mario Tennis/Golf/Soccer with my siblings.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
N64 Mario Tennis owns

Hoops 3-on-3 was enjoyable, though I dunno if I'd like it as much playing it now

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
mario super sluggers is ****ing amazing and may be my favorite sports game ever

mario sports mix was cool because it had dodgeball, meaning you could pelt the **** out of anyone and everyone with balls, which was hilarious

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
It's been so long but I remember playing the **** out of mario super sluggers on the wii lmao.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I did an lttp randomizer playthrough today

Not having played lttp since elementary school, the game is far less forgiving than I'd remembered. Link's hitboxes are smaller than I recalled (particularly on the sword and hookshot, I had a few embarrassing deaths to whiffing things right in my face), and things in the dark world HURT when you don't have tunic upgrades (didn't get blue tunic until Ganon's Tower, and couldn't complete any light world dungeons starting out, so I had to do 6 heart Misery Mire+Thieves' Town while barely remembering how to play and not remembering where to go).

It was pretty fun, I might do another one.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I went to Smash Factor 6.
It was really fun, I learned a lot and even took some time to visit certain historic places.
But it reinforced my hate for the Sm4sh community's constant, unstoppable whining.
:196:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Saw episode 4 of Aho Girl, Tsure+dure Children and NEW GAME!!
Oh yeah, Aho Girl looks absolutely dumb and hilarious and I saw some clips of Tsurezure Children and it looks really heartwarming. Yuki Minagawa being a smug troll is awesome. As for New Game!!,

I don't remember Yun speaking a lot in the first season, but for whatever reason, it seems like she has more lines in season 2 or maybe her Kansai accent is more prominent. I love her accent and voice. There's just something about it that just sounds nice to me.

Ko being dense and creating a love triangle in Rin's eyes was fun too. At this point, I think if Rin just told Ko she loved her, Ko would still not understand. Poor Hifumi and then Umiko shows up thinking Hifumi has sleep troubles and goes on to lecture her about that. I love these dorks.

Something I noticed is that I think Hifumi has "3 voices". When she speaks, she pauses a lot and her voice very quiet, but as revealed early on, when she's communicating through a messenger or email, she posts very casually even when she's supposed to be professional like when she thought she made Ko mad, but still slapped an emoji in her response. Her third voice seems to be her inner voice or Hifumi's thoughts voice which kind of seems like a mix of both where it's fluid like her posting which would be weird if she had pauses in her posts a lot, but also reserved like if she were speaking. She also refers to herself in third-person with her inner voice unlike with her other voices.

Speaking of voices, Yamato, the producer, finally speaks. She sounds pretty professional. :p

Welp, time to wait for the next episode to be free on Crunchyroll.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning "When are you getting a new F-Zero game?" mains. How's everyone doing? :4falcon:

Oh yeah, Aho Girl looks absolutely dumb and hilarious and I saw some clips of Tsurezure Children and it looks really heartwarming. Yuki Minagawa being a smug troll is awesome. As for New Game!!,

I don't remember Yun speaking a lot in the first season, but for whatever reason, it seems like she has more lines in season 2 or maybe her Kansai accent is more prominent. I love her accent and voice. There's just something about it that just sounds nice to me.

Ko being dense and creating a love triangle in Rin's eyes was fun too. At this point, I think if Rin just told Ko she loved her, Ko would still not understand. Poor Hifumi and then Umiko shows up thinking Hifumi has sleep troubles and goes on to lecture her about that. I love these dorks.

Something I noticed is that I think Hifumi has "3 voices". When she speaks, she pauses a lot and her voice very quiet, but as revealed early on, when she's communicating through a messenger or email, she posts very casually even when she's supposed to be professional like when she thought she made Ko mad, but still slapped an emoji in her response. Her third voice seems to be her inner voice or Hifumi's thoughts voice which kind of seems like a mix of both where it's fluid like her posting which would be weird if she had pauses in her posts a lot, but also reserved like if she were speaking. She also refers to herself in third-person with her inner voice unlike with her other voices.

Speaking of voices, Yamato, the producer, finally speaks. She sounds pretty professional. :p

Welp, time to wait for the next episode to be free on Crunchyroll.
That seems to be the thing with NEW GAME!, they're baiting us with all of this yuri. Then again, they did that in Yuru Yuri as well (Since both series were done by Dogakobo); if they really did go that route to make Ko X Rin a thing, then yeah you're right. She'd be far too dense to even acknowledge it.

Waiting for GAMERS! to air today. Wondering what other game references they'll put out of their hat, since they did a 3DS reference in the 3rd episode.

Gonna be checking out ProtonJon's Game Clearing Stream, since I never get the chance to watch them live due to time. smh.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
GORLS I GOT A +ATK/-SPD IKE WITH MY FREE SUMMON :D

Also as for Mario sports games, I played a lot of the tennis games and even played some of Super Sluggers. They were fun :D

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Wtf is going on

With 80 orbs, I got 2 Minervas (from the same summoning session), 3 Summer Corrins, and a Summer Elise

Rip me because I'll never be that lucky again

Also, is neutral Summer Corrin better than +spd -atk? I think the +spd is quite important, so idk if it would be worth it to merge them together

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
Wtf is going on

With 80 orbs, I got 2 Minervas (from the same summoning session), 3 Summer Corrins, and a Summer Elise

Also, is neutral Summer Corrin better than +spd -atk? I think the +spd is quite important, so idk if it would be worth it to merge them together
Use the +spd. Blade tomes are so busted that -atk ivs don't matter.

Tfw you roll a 4* Roderick in the tempest banner and promote him to 5* to give Cordelia firesweep lance but then roll a 5* Roderick during hero fest.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Use the +spd. Blade tomes are so busted that -atk ivs don't matter.

Tfw you roll a 4* Roderick in the tempest banner and promote him to 5* to give Cordelia firesweep lance but then roll a 5* Roderick during hero fest.
That's what I figured, thanks

I have a 5* Roderick that I rolled a while ago, but idk to whom I should give his Firesweep Lance+. I have a +spd -def Cordelia, but I already have a +atk -res Cordelia that I promoted to 5*, so having two of the same 5* unit isn't all that appealing to me.

Firesweep Aqua sounds hilarious since mine is +atk, but she almost never actually attacks, so i doubt it'd be that useful. Maybe I'll give it to one of my +spd Shannas or something

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Freebie from the Hero Fest 2 banner was a +Atk, -Res 4* Fae and greed lead to a +Spd, -Atk 3* Nino. Great... Well, at least I have someone to give Gronnblade and I think I'm just going to give Renewal 3 to masked Marth and call it a day.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
GORLS I GOT A +ATK/-SPD IKE WITH MY FREE SUMMON :D
I spent all my orbs + money for an Ike hahahhahaIkeandflyingmagesmakemewhalepleasekillme

Holy **** that's good.

From the general numbers:
-blade neutral : 1 loss / 10 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie, Anna, Legion, Nino, Minerva, Felicia)
-blade +SPD/-ATK : 1 loss / 7 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie, Sheena, Julia)

-blade+ neutral : 1 loss / 7 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Anna, Legion, Nino)
-blade+ +SPD/-ATK : 1 loss / 5 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie)

The single loss is Hector, and this is excluding the Nohrian summer units.

So if you're using a vanilla blade tome, neutral because it kills Julia.
If you're using a blade+ tome, +SPD/-ATK. Beating Nino > leaving Effie at 2 HP when you just got two Minervas.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Holy **** that's good.

From the general numbers:
-blade neutral : 1 loss / 10 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie, Anna, Legion, Nino, Minerva, Felicia)
-blade +SPD/-ATK : 1 loss / 7 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie, Sheena, Julia)

-blade+ neutral : 1 loss / 7 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Anna, Legion, Nino)
-blade+ +SPD/-ATK : 1 loss / 5 draws (Titania, Narcian, Arthur, Robin(F), Effie)

The single loss is Hector, and this is excluding the Nohrian summer units.

So if you're using a vanilla blade tome, neutral because it kills Julia.
If you're using a blade+ tome, +SPD/-ATK. Beating Nino > leaving Effie at 2 HP when you just got two Minervas.
I'm currently using just a regular Blarblade, but Odin will be my next 5* promotion once I get to 20k feathers again (I think I'm at like 11k rn).

I just did the calcs with my set and it said that she beats Hector and loses to Merric with a hone+fortify. My Corrin is +2 merged and I run the attack +1 seal on her, so maybe that affects it since the merge gave her an extra point of atk, spd, res, and hp. With full buffs (hone+fortify+goad) and Blarblade+, Corrin loses to Merric and Titania lives with 1 hp. She beats everyone else lol.

edit: i think the calculator might be broken because it's not counting the automatic follow-up from armads. So I guess she loses to both Merric and Hector.

I already had a neutral Minerva, and the 2 I summoned today didn't have better natures (one was +hp and the other was -spd), so I sacrificed them to Nino and Celica.

I don't think I mentioned it here, but I did get a Celica the other day who is +atk -hp (this was after the -spd one I sacrificed to Marx).

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I ended up getting two Roderick's back in his banner thanks to my hilaaaarious blunder of accidentally buying $75 of orbs :') and I've been saving the extra since then. My plan is to give it to Sully once I get a +Atk. I could merge into my better Roderick that's +Atk and improve his matchups but idk if I even wanna use Roderick much

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My free summon was a +Def -Spe nature Leo. Poodin already has a +Spe -Def Leo though, so free QR3 fodder! YAY!

Nammy12

Smash Lord
NNID
Nammy12
My free summon was a +Def -Spe nature Leo. Poodin already has a +Spe -Def Leo though, so free QR3 fodder! YAY!

Isn't +spd on leo kind of wasted though? Especially when he only reaches like 25 with a boon and has qr anyways.

I found leo to be underwhelming imo so he's been on the bench next to s!leo.

Top Bottom