• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

MvC Infinite being 2v2 is a good change of pace imo

now all they have to do is to remove phoenix and add jake muller :^)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It's been an hour and we're only now getting to the second set for Capcom Cup Top 8.

yeah, 2v2 is amazing for vs games

I'm hoping that the roster's good

at least with there being only 1 assist, the balance team can't be all like, "EVERYONE CAN BE GOOD. JUST HAVE THE RIGHT ASSISTS."

also, last of us part II just got announced :o

wait a min

xmen wont be in mvc infinite

which means phoenix is gone

AKFMNALSFKSLAJFALKSFJAS:JLA YES

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I already have about 40 hours put in to PW3. Whoops.
PW3 is without a doubt more complicated than Hyrule Warriors, but I'm not far enough to say which is more difficult. PW3 in general has more moves for every character (I know I've said this already tho) and there's a lot of small nuances; there's a lot of different status effects and they're all tied to just 1 or 2 characters each. They all have certain characters that you can't affect with it too. But from what I can tell, if you jnow hiw to do these things you're set. You can probably get by even if you don't. HW leans more towards learning basics about the game, but you need to MASTER them for the later missions.
Favorite 5 characters so far (and I still have 6 left to unlock) are Sanji, Robin, Perona, Marco, and Sabo.
  • Sanji is a hot blond guy who can cook. He kicks stuff. He has actual combos unlike Linkle's Boots, and he's noticabely quicker too.
  • Robin has hands. They grow out of the ground and slap, smack, spank, squeeze, pound, and high five everything. She's a bit technical but that and the "what is even happening" factor are what I like in characters. She also has some obscenely powerful moves.
  • Perona is a good contender for worst character in the game, but it's done right because there's a reason. She relies a lot on a gimmick. What is it? She makes the enemy feel so depressed at how bad of a character she is that they just give up. It actually seems really powerful if you play with a second person, have Perona make everything depressed, then have the second character murder everything with no problems. She is also super sassT and has some anger issues (probably from how bad she is) so she basically is Zelda.
  • Marco is a birb man. He's like Medli if Medli was a fantastic character.
  • Sabo is Volga but younger and wearing a black suit and top hat. And instead of a huge over-the-top spiky spear, he has a metal pipe. Like, he just went into the sewers, found a pipe, and said that was his weapon. But it can ignite itself so it's fine. Sabo also has a dragon claw hand except he can actually grab things with it (smh Volga you have a huge claw hand thing but you just use it to slap or swipe at people, you could be better even tho you're already the best character in the game).
Oh and the best part, no character limitations. So I could use these 5 characters throughout the entire game, no problem. More inportantly, if I never want to even consider playing that freak Buggy, I don't have to.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Please don't look in my window.
You didn't say looking at you directly was undesired, though. :bubblebobble:

I already have about 40 hours put in to PW3. Whoops.
PW3 is without a doubt more complicated than Hyrule Warriors, but I'm not far enough to say which is more difficult. PW3 in general has more moves for every character (I know I've said this already tho) and there's a lot of small nuances; there's a lot of different status effects and they're all tied to just 1 or 2 characters each. They all have certain characters that you can't affect with it too. But from what I can tell, if you jnow hiw to do these things you're set. You can probably get by even if you don't. HW leans more towards learning basics about the game, but you need to MASTER them for the later missions.
Favorite 5 characters so far (and I still have 6 left to unlock) are Sanji, Robin, Perona, Marco, and Sabo.
  • Sanji is a hot blond guy who can cook. He kicks stuff. He has actual combos unlike Linkle's Boots, and he's noticabely quicker too.
  • Robin has hands. They grow out of the ground and slap, smack, spank, squeeze, pound, and high five everything. She's a bit technical but that and the "what is even happening" factor are what I like in characters. She also has some obscenely powerful moves.
  • Perona is a good contender for worst character in the game, but it's done right because there's a reason. She relies a lot on a gimmick. What is it? She makes the enemy feel so depressed at how bad of a character she is that they just give up. It actually seems really powerful if you play with a second person, have Perona make everything depressed, then have the second character murder everything with no problems. She is also super sassT and has some anger issues (probably from how bad she is) so she basically is Zelda.
  • Marco is a birb man. He's like Medli if Medli was a fantastic character.
  • Sabo is Volga but younger and wearing a black suit and top hat. And instead of a huge over-the-top spiky spear, he has a metal pipe. Like, he just went into the sewers, found a pipe, and said that was his weapon. But it can ignite itself so it's fine. Sabo also has a dragon claw hand except he can actually grab things with it (smh Volga you have a huge claw hand thing but you just use it to slap or swipe at people, you could be better even tho you're already the best character in the game).
Oh and the best part, no character limitations. So I could use these 5 characters throughout the entire game, no problem. More inportantly, if I never want to even consider playing that freak Buggy, I don't have to.
OK. So. Like. Is it actually more fun than Hyrule Warriors tho? I kinda wish they had a Fairy Tail Warriors instead of a One Piece Warriors, but w/e. Actual Anime Warriors is something I guess.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

mvci has a weird *** gem system
That's actually the Stone/Gem mechanic from Marvel Super Heroes if I'm correct. There were different Stones/Gems back in that game being Power, Soul, Time, Reality, Mind and Space. I am curious if they'll bring back every Stone/Gem, or if they'll all be character exclusive, or if you can turn off Stones/Gems just like in MSH.

The game looks like it'll be a mixture of MvC1, SFxT (The tag system I mean) and MSH.

Anyway, I'll be looking through to see what my 300 word essay is again, so that way I have a lead on what I have to write about.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord

Seeing it in action sort of made me think of TvC. I swear, if they're bringing back the Baroque Combo system and giant characters this'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

Captain Marvel looked nice in action, imo. Much better than how, say, Super Girl looked in the next Injustice game trailer.

Also, apparently UMvC3 is actually coming to PC in 2017 as well with all the DLC (except one of Magneto's alt skins). My most used X-Men character was always the one with the least chance of returning (X-23), so I'm happy I'll still be able to play with those characters in some form.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Tbh I thought that the team skull grunts looked pretty alright. (Tbf anything after the hideous flame grunts was bound to look acceptable)

And the "punk" trainers who look like the grunts w/normal clothes actually look like some of the better characters/models in the game imo.

Skull's personality was also really great. They were like one big silly family. Grunts have never gotten so much personality.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Tbh I thought that the team skull grunts looked pretty alright. (Tbf anything after the hideous flame grunts was bound to look acceptable)

And the "punk" trainers who look like the grunts w/normal clothes actually look like some of the better characters/models in the game imo.

Skull's personality was also really great. They were like one big silly family. Grunts have never gotten so much personality.
Especially in the last generation. So what do you gorls think the best generations are in order? Mine would be:
1. Gen 7
I don't think anyone would disagree with me, but I will admit they took out some stuff that was needed and was good, like fishing wherever you wanted to as long as it was in water. The teams were amazing and felt real, the new Pokemon are fantastic even if most of them are slow, and the story is the best in my opinion.
2. Gen 4
One of my favorites in terms of starters, Pokémon in general, the team, and my favorite part of the anime. This Gen will also never die because of Pokémon fan games. This part in the anime also had the best movies.
3. Gen 2
Best post game without a doubt. The Pokémon were great, and we get Team Rocket again. Anime was great like the first season, but sometimes went on forever before getting to another gym, having a bit too many random challenges along the way in my opinion.
4. Gen 1
Can't say much here. Better than the ones below, but not the ones above. Anime was great. But this one didn't have a rival, and don't say Gary Oak becauase he doesn't count and you know it.
5. Gen 5
Ok, here me out. I didn't think the Pokémon were great; They were probably the worst, but the story was amazing. I don't remember a story that went as long with the team or a team like this in general. Yes they were kind of bad, but I still some what liked them. This was the worst part of the anime.
6. Gen 6
Ok, so the reason I'm not putting this in last is because it added so many things that actually improved the game that were taken out. See this to know what exactly I'm talking about:
Also being able to tiptoe to catch stronger Pokemon was pretty cool to me. Thw anime was pretty good at this time.
7. Gen 3
So yeah, this gen is at the bottom. If I wasn't thinking about story or additions to the games outside of Pokémon and gyms and other things like that, this one would be number 5. I did like the teams, and the Pokemon were good, but nothing really stood out to me here other than the fact that there were two teams fighting against each other. This part of the anime was okay as well, but again, nothing too bad and nothing too good.

So when I talk about the generations, I'm not really factoring in remakes, only games about that specific generation. What do you gorls think, good or bad? I might put gen 3 where I said I might later, but for now, I think the story and additions were too good to say they were the worst. Yet.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
and then you look at things like bayo's frame 4 witch twist and frame 7 abk and then you cry bc zelda is garbage

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
But Zelda's gloves are elegant and every other heaux is gross.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Seeing it in action sort of made me think of TvC. I swear, if they're bringing back the Baroque Combo system and giant characters this'll be a day 1 purchase for me.

Captain Marvel looked nice in action, imo. Much better than how, say, Super Girl looked in the next Injustice game trailer.

Also, apparently UMvC3 is actually coming to PC in 2017 as well with all the DLC (except one of Magneto's alt skins).
It is interesting that both titles are coming to Steam. So I might come out of retirement of UMvC3 and use my old team that some of you gorls were surprised to see me use.

Also, the reasoning behind Magento's ALT not being added is because it makes him look exactly like the King of Spain. Which is why they removed it.

If they do bring back Giant Characters. I wonder who they'll bring and whether they'll be balanced or not. *Glances over to PTX-40A and Gold Lightan being Top Tier and Bottom Tier respectively*

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I hate how needlessly difficult finding a Razor Claw in S/M is
5% chance on Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o
50% on Kommo-o but that relies on one showing up
Like why must Weavile be so impossible pls game

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I'm not sure what it is about her, but every time I play as Mercy, I become a huge douchebag and start doing things like gloating whenever I kill someone with my little pea-shooter pistol

It's not even like a conscious thing, either. Like earlier today, I was playing Mercy and I got a double kill. Before I even realized what I was doing, I was furiously t-bagging their stupid dead bodies.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I hate how needlessly difficult finding a Razor Claw in S/M is
5% chance on Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o
50% on Kommo-o but that relies on one showing up
Like why must Weavile be so impossible pls game
If your lead pokemon has Compound Eyes, Wild Held Item rates increase jsyk

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
If your lead pokemon has Compound Eyes, Wild Held Item rates increase jsyk
I know, but there's no way I can keep my level 13 Butterfree alive and in battle long enough to see a Kommo-o. And I don't wanna grind levels just for this
Hopefully the GTS will come through for me :/

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
if it's like synchronize it probably works to just have the butterfree dead in slot 1

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

I agree. Even the Mom has more personality than before. She's super lazy like me. 6 months in my new place and I still haven't fully unpacked.

Team Skull was definitely my most favorite of all teams. Team Plasma wasn't too bad, but still 1 dimensional. ORAS was 1.5D, but Matt was just lololol andalsobaraman

BTW Male Swimmer is clearly the other embodiment of "when you're a manly man but also a Zelda main/gorl."

TOO SOON

Last edited:
Top Bottom