• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
My starter pattern (1st play through of each game) was Squirtle>Totodile>Mudkip>Piplup>Oshawott>Chespin

But my tastes have changed, so going by my favorite starter of each generation, my pattern would be Squirtle>Chikorita>Treecko>Piplup>Snivy>Chespin

Generally, I don't really care too much for the fire starters, except for Infernape, who is the best fire starter. Blaziken is kinda meh imo, but I don't mind it

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I can't remember my first Kanto starter at all lol but going by favorites
Squirtle->Chikorita->Torchic <3->Piplup->Oshawott->Froakie->Popplio
The Torchic line is my favorite Pokémon evolution line ever so it's a little biased towards them
I trend towards water, though I love every starter design. I'm not very critical when it comes to pokemon designs.

Anyone and everyone will just list their favorites every time pokemon is brought up lol

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I've picked grass every gen so far and it doesn't look like that's going to change.

This is the first time since gen 3 that I've liked all three starters though. Incineroar grew on me fast when I saw it in motion.
I liked him a lot too. It seems they tried going the Charizard route for the starters. Where what they are at the end doesn't exactly match the typing. (Charizard is a "dragon" except he's Fire/Flying for whatever reason, probably because Fire/Dragon as a dual typing would be quite over powered and probably a bit redundant.)

Owlgorl is a Grass/Ghost, when he looks like he should be Grass/Flying (I AM SO GLAD HE WASN'T, TBH! Though Grass/Ghost does feel tired thanks to Generation 5).

Liongorl is a Fire/Dark type, when he looks like he should be Fire/Fighting. I am also glad this happened, though I was hoping more for Fire/Poison so we could get something entirely new. Not a bipedal Houndoom Kittycat.

Sealgorl is Water/Fairy, though it's not too unexpected. Most Fairy types are cute except Gardevoir who is majestic as can be, so it's nice to have a kinda-sassy kinda-majestic Sealgorl I guess.

In the end things turned out great. Well, almost. I was team Liongorl until I met up with some friends so we could all do breakfast/preorder at Gamestop. The gist of the conversation was...
"I'm team baralion." -> thought it was just a way to say dat liongorl is buff

"Muscle-Gorl-Lion is cool, I guess. If I get one I'm going to nickname it Zaryablaze or something because I'm bad at names and also Overwatch. I like Seal-Gor tool. -> still G rated thoughts because my mind is not set to sin

"Incineroar is the best baramon since Chesnaught. Chesnaught was like daddy-bara though. I mean, Blaziken was OK but not totally manly looking enough to be bara." -> starting to understand this is probably sin-territory talk and not exaggerated word usage

??????? "Gorl wut?"

"Here's a good one I found!" -> shows me a picture on her phone which is an Incineroar with over-defined muscles and stuff; which would've been tolerable at least (tame PG furry stuff whatever IDC). Except in this case the picture did. Not. End. At. The. Waist.

Me after seeing it for a fraction of a second:

It'll take a few days or weeks for me to forget about it and for Liongorl to revert ha filthy sinner status.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I liked him a lot too. It seems they tried going the Charizard route for the starters. Where what they are at the end doesn't exactly match the typing. (Charizard is a "dragon" except he's Fire/Flying for whatever reason, probably because Fire/Dragon as a dual typing would be quite over powered and probably a bit redundant.)

Owlgorl is a Grass/Ghost, when he looks like he should be Grass/Flying (I AM SO GLAD HE WASN'T, TBH! Though Grass/Ghost does feel tired thanks to Generation 5).

Liongorl is a Fire/Dark type, when he looks like he should be Fire/Fighting. I am also glad this happened, though I was hoping more for Fire/Poison so we could get something entirely new. Not a bipedal Houndoom Kittycat.

Sealgorl is Water/Fairy, though it's not too unexpected. Most Fairy types are cute except Gardevoir who is majestic as can be, so it's nice to have a kinda-sassy kinda-majestic Sealgorl I guess.

In the end things turned out great. Well, almost. I was team Liongorl until I met up with some friends so we could all do breakfast/preorder at Gamestop. The gist of the conversation was...
"I'm team baralion." -> thought it was just a way to say dat liongorl is buff

"Muscle-Gorl-Lion is cool, I guess. If I get one I'm going to nickname it Zaryablaze or something because I'm bad at names and also Overwatch. I like Seal-Gor tool. -> still G rated thoughts because my mind is not set to sin

"Incineroar is the best baramon since Chesnaught. Chesnaught was like daddy-bara though. I mean, Blaziken was OK but not totally manly looking enough to be bara." -> starting to understand this is probably sin-territory talk and not exaggerated word usage

??????? "Gorl wut?"

"Here's a good one I found!" -> shows me a picture on her phone which is an Incineroar with over-defined muscles and stuff; which would've been tolerable at least (tame PG furry stuff whatever IDC). Except in this case the picture did. Not. End. At. The. Waist.

Me after seeing it for a fraction of a second:

It'll take a few days or weeks for me to forget about it and for Liongorl to revert ha filthy sinner status.
You need to accept Bara Kitty into your heart of hearts
(Also Fire/Poison wouldn't be new, cause Salandit exists now!)

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You need to accept Bara Kitty into your heart of hearts
(Also Fire/Poison wouldn't be new, cause Salandit exists now!)
Oh I will get over it. It's not a big deal, really. It's just one of those cringe moments that needs to go away before I can go back to going "Liongorl is super cool and stronk and probably adorable because ha kitten-status. But Liongorl wishes it could be sassy like Sealgorl. That's why Liongorl is weak against Sealgorl. RIP"

And you're right, Sallygorl does exist. But I hope ha evolution is cool... Assuming there is one. It's cute in a "I'm sneaky and smol huhuhuhu" kind of way. Then again, no-evo Pokemon aren't automatically bad. I assume it'll be frail, but fast, either way it goes.

Does Weezing get an Alola form? If so that'd probably be a Fire type or something. It already can learn Fire type moves, after all. It'd be cool if it were pure Fire type, faster (without the toxins hardening it/slowing it down), and mayb

Spoopy IRL Owlgorl, just in time for Spoopyween. Except we all know Owlgorl is more than likely using the spoop as an edge factor to hide its true self.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Salandit's evolution is really cool. I'll probs use it on my team

I won't post it here in consideration of Burgundy sisT, but google "alola full pokedex leak" if you want to see the evolution (and the rest of the Alolan Pokémon)

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

I won't post it here in consideration of Burgundy sisT, but google "alola full pokedex leak" if you want to see the evolution (and the rest of the Alolan Pokémon)
Just saw it. I am actually somewhat disappointed. Though at the same time, the "new" Pokemon seem like mostly winners in terms of design. Even the Ultra Beasts are pretty good in an over-the-top-LMAO-wut kind of way. That UB Beauty is clearly Elesa's spirit animal, tho.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Oh uh
I kinda
Saw them
Because the internet hates me
Though I'm just pretending like they never happened so everything's fine
:'^)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Decidueye's and Incineroar's types actually make a ton of sense if you think about it.

Decidueye is a mix of an owl(which both silent and is nocturnal) and Robin hood(a thief). Check out this official text.
This Pokémon is able to move about while completely masking its presence from others. Once an opponent has lost sight of it, Decidueye seizes the chance to attack it unawares.
Sounds like a ghost-type fighting style to me.

Do note that the ghost-type is actually far more associated with literal darkness than dark-types, which are actually the "evil" type in the Japanese version. When a pokemon lurks in the shadows, it's generally ghost type. Dirty fighters(like Zoroark) or exceptionally violent pokemon(like Hydreigon and Mega Gyarados) are often dark-type. Which leads into the next one...

In the heat of battle, Incineroar shows no concern for its opponents—and sometimes even launches attacks that strike the opposing Trainer! As a result, many tend to dislike this Pokémon and keep it at a distance.
Fighting-type would still make a lot of sense for it, but I'd argue dark-type does just as well. I think I also heard something about the concept-art leaks saying something about Incineroar liking to use dirty tactics, like spitting fire in its opponents face.

Also speaking of Incineroar, that pokemon is also strangely adorable in its own weird way.
When it receives the admiration of young Pokémon and children, it may keep up its cold attitude on the outside, but in its heart of hearts, Incineroar is immensely happy. It loses the desire to fight when faced with a Pokémon that’s clearly weak or injured, and it sometimes gets taken advantage of as a result.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
AnOjou-sama Tsundere-cat.
Oh jeez, I just said a character was cute because they're tsundere, didn't I?

All of the anime everyone around me exposes me to is getting to me. I'll be binge watching Fairy Tail and sleeping with body pillows before I know it.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I found a Shiny Lombre tonight :0
I named her Poppy
She's real cute

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Oh yeah, the Pokémon stuff...
When I first saw Incineroar, the camera was at an angle that it made me think of Vega aka "Balrog in Japan" aka "Claw to not confuse people" aka "the Spanish ninja formerly working as a matador" in Street Fighter V. It kind of made Incineroar look like its stance was like Vega's in SFV which has his body turned slightly to the side and feet placed sideways to the opponent. Eh, it's weird. Anyway, Incineroar then reminded me of Zangief and Thundercats. I don't know much about pro-wrestling, but considering it's part Dark, it would be a heel, right?

Decidueye is a thing... It reminds me of Warframe's Ivara who's got this cyclops scope thingie which Decidueye's "hood" reminds me of. I think I mentioned this before about the leaked designs. It's kind of weird how it went from a cute as button owl to a butler owl to a hoodie-wearing archer owl who's kind of butler-ly, but the hoodie makes it look totally unprofessional.

And then there's Primarina. I don't know. It looks pretty I guess? Ugly duckling story for it where it starts out as a dorky pup, hits puberty and has a teenage phase, and ends up a mermaid sea lion. Not really related to it or Pokémon, but its name reminds me of Marina and the Diamond's "Primadonna".

I'm feeling Incineroar more than the others since it's kind of campy and pretty badass-looking. Not feeling Decidueye's design and while Primarina looks pretty, not my thing.

I just remembered something. This art of Chun-Li looks absolutely gorgeous.
All credit goes to Woo Kim.
Really tempted into using it as a future avatar. Speaking of which, I'm going to miss Iosefka after October's over.

Also, this cool Star Fox Zero line-up "inspired?" image where Slippy's place is taken by Kokonoe. She is smart, but Slippy's sometimes not well like, so... Makoko Nanaya as Falco's interesting... They both wear orange, so that's their shared trait? Fox and Peppy's places are fulfilled by a fox and rabbit/hare; Spice and Wolf's Holo/Horo -- I don't know-oh -- and Final Fantasy XII's Fran.
All credit goes to EymBee.

Based on this.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know much about pro-wrestling, but considering it's part Dark, it would be a heel, right?
I wasn't sure what a "heel" was before I looked it up just now, but sure enough, Incineroar's classification is the "Heel Pokemon".

You nailed it.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

About to get my breakfast and I'll be going out for a meal tonight, it'll be for my Aunt's 90th Birthday.
Plus, I'll be getting on with more of my work too.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
My starter choice is usually . . . .

Bulbasuar -> Totodile -> Treecko/Torchic -> Any of them the sinnoh starters are good -> Emboar(BW) -> Samurott(B2W2) -> Greninja -> ????

Yeah I'm going with Decideueye this time around! He's too cool.

:150:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Youtube's ****ing up and not loading comments sometimes for one, and only one, of my channels. IDK what the deal is.

We found out my mom's cancer is worse than they originally thought. Treasure everyday kids, it's a cruel, chaotic world.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Charmander -> Chikarita (or Cyndaquil, could never decide) -> Torchic -> Chimchar -> Oshawott through process of elimination -> Chespin -> Popplio

Typically who I pick depends on the pokedex; Torchic for instance was pretty much the only legitimate choice if you wanted a good fire type in Hoenn, same for Chimchar in Sinnoh. Platinum gave it a bit of competition, but not much.

Unova had the most bland starters, made all the more obvious by how much variety the Unova dex had; definitely had much better options for the three starter elements (and fighting).

I'm most likely going with Popplio like I assumed I would to begin with; a street performer evolving into an Opera singer is great, love the design and progression. Water/Fairy is pretty cool, my favorite water type Azumarill is that now and with Huge Power it mopped up half of Kalos. Never understood any of the hate for the character, or the weird "Ugly Duckling" narrative people have been trying to make about the pokemon; Popplio always looks fabulous.

Though like a lot of people said, when 3D and in motion, all the designs look better than I would have thought from the artwork, even the Toriko reject. Maybe they changed how they designed the pokemon for this game? It's new that a pokemon would look more natural with their in game model then 2D character art.

We found out my mom's cancer is worse than they originally thought. Treasure everyday kids, it's a cruel, chaotic world.
Feel for you, it's a hellish thing to go through for everyone involved.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Congrats on finishing your midterm! What kind of score are you hoping to get from what you've done so far?
Already got a 98 on Statistics, so yay! I've actually gotten 98s on both my quizzes in that class too...conspiracy?
IT101 - Probably a B, B+ or A. Annoying exam because of the matching and multiple choice, but generous extra credit.
EPS (Society, Technology and the Environment) - Definitely some sort of A. I was expecting this to be hard and for me to blank out, but I just went in and...knew stuff. I felt like I killed it.
CS113 (Java) - Probably a B. There were just 5 straight up programming problems. I know that I got one mostly wrong because I hadn't studied double arrays, but I think I got all the others completely right.
PHYS203 (Earth in Space) - B+ or A depending on the curve. On these exams, we're allowed to have a cheat sheet, so making a good, detailed cheat sheet and understanding the information there is pretty much half of the exam. It was by no means easy, but I had a generally good understanding of the material, so I did well.

And now to finally play that Pokemon Sun and Moon demo...

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Already got a 98 on Statistics, so yay! I've actually gotten 98s on both my quizzes in that class too...conspiracy?
IT101 - Probably a B, B+ or A. Annoying exam because of the matching and multiple choice, but generous extra credit.
EPS (Society, Technology and the Environment) - Definitely some sort of A. I was expecting this to be hard and for me to blank out, but I just went in and...knew stuff. I felt like I killed it.
CS113 (Java) - Probably a B. There were just 5 straight up programming problems. I know that I got one mostly wrong because I hadn't studied double arrays, but I think I got all the others completely right.
PHYS203 (Earth in Space) - B+ or A depending on the curve. On these exams, we're allowed to have a cheat sheet, so making a good, detailed cheat sheet and understanding the information there is pretty much half of the exam. It was by no means easy, but I had a generally good understanding of the material, so I did well.

And now to finally play that Pokemon Sun and Moon demo...
That's good to hear. I'm almost done with my first main assignment. Which is just reflecting, revising and submitting my piece which is about the design of a chair that I went with. I just have to make sure I follow the rules very closely since I heard others who took this course before didn't even read the rules or what we have to do and ended up getting low marks for it.

Plus I have to write my reflections on four pieces I did on this first assignment as well. I'm expecting to score maybe around a 70 or 80 with this one.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
5 of my aunts have gotten breast cancer in their lifetime, fortunately all of them have survived.

Stay strong Rizen Rizen

:150:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Jeez you guys really like Shiny Lombre
Youtube's ****ing up and not loading comments sometimes for one, and only one, of my channels. IDK what the deal is.

*sends you hugs and cookies*
I'm sorry about all that, I hope things get better

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Got back from my meal. It was very nice and enjoyable, even got to meet some of my relatives I haven't seen in 16 years. Damn.

Also, I saw Episode 3 of ClassicaLoid.

It was an okay episode. Beethoven still trying to make gyoza, Mozart being dumb as usual, but it did introduce two new characters being Liszt and Chopin. I did like the Musik forms they had which were both interesting and unique, plus they both moved into the complex.

ClassicaLoid still gets 2.5 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom