• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Is this a good thumbnail for a Sand Wand video Y/N
Alternate Sand Wand Thumbnail.png

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Playing more Spirit of Justice, got to the 2nd part of Episode 5. Where I'm now playing as Wright. Guess it'll be just like Case 4 in Dual Destinies, you play as Apollo in the first part, then you switch to Wright.

And I'll be uploading some of the replays to YouTube eventually and edit them for a small montage. Shame I can put any of my music onto the YouTube Editor. :V

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
auntie Rion Rion always showing up when I'm not here. :secretkpop:

I honestly never cared for PM Zelda anyway(PM in general when I realized it was just player made Melee and not some great melting pot of both games) cause every time I saw a video she was like really different each time and hard to follow what she was lol. But I'm not surprised she got nerfed cause "she too different, not fair" because people don't want to learn how to fight characters anymore just pocket the answer. :secretkpop:

personally I would settle for decent character over good. I don't even mind being bad so much because less players jump onto my character for one game just to drop them in the next when the Nerf hammer comes flying around to "fix" them. Look at the Peach community coming from brawl to this game she had so many hoes now there's almost nobody there for her, less than Zelda really prior to recent buffs.

Edit: To answer auntie Rion Rion question on the other page though, based on this Zelda she really just needs a ranged threat to force an approach to be decent. To be good optomize some of her attacks with some better speed/less endlag cause without Sheik Zelda shouldn't be so lol Slowda

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Btw, we got a bit of an update regarding Rockruff's evolution Lugarugan.

Midday Form can be obtained in Sun Version. Midnight Form can be obtained in Moon Version, and each will have different moves from one another. Lugarugan-Day gets a move called Accel Rock while Lugarugan-Night gets Counter. So I think we can either assume their movepools will be different or Lugarugan-Night will become a Fighting type and Lugarugan-Day will become a Rock type.

Last edited:

ElderLolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Matze97
The only good thing to come out of the yandere/anime trope games genre was

get it? cause there's nothing

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Pokemon Generations looks hyyyype

I can't wait for the Black and White episodes

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think I may finish my Nuzlocke this week. But which gorls should I beat Red with?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Had a sorta funny play last night. I had to charge my Ult gauge as Mercy, so I activated mama mode and filled up the rest with PURE VIOLENCE to save my little precious babies. And then I died - which makes this feel like a very accurate comparison to how far I will go to help people IRL WHOOPS.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Sonic The Cutehog is hilarious. Best debate I've had in a while. He's garbage at it, it's just that his responses are so desperate and I love it when I'm in control of a debate.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Sonic The Cutehog is hilarious. Best debate I've had in a while. He's garbage at it, it's just that his responses are so desperate and I love it when I'm in control of a debate.
It's even more fun when you have RED MAGIC powers and can completely end the argument whenever you want.
Me rn:
banned.gif

Okay I just banned him in 4 different ways we should be fine now.

Last edited:

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Mario is more and more becoming a hated / disrespected character. I see more youtube comments complaining about Mario, and on FB pages people making jokes like "I can't do well in tournament, time to switch to Mario". Kind of like Cloud, people complaining that he's too braindead and too unpunishable.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I feel like Mario is more and more becoming a hated / disrespected character. I see more youtube comments complaining about Mario, and on FB pages people making jokes like "I can't do well in tournament, time to switch to Mario". Kind of like Cloud, people complaining that he's too braindead and too unpunishable.
Mario, Yoshi, and Cloud all have the same thing in common.

Many disproportionate risk vs reward options. Not in the sense of Zelda's (which is high risk and ok reward), but something like low risk and ok/high reward. There aren't many match ups where they are at a hopeless disadvantage, but there are match ups where they have an advantage. Not to mention they are very annoying while also having reliable options in almost all situations (except off stage to an extent).

EX:
They can bait you to run into one of their safe options.

They can just harass from afar.

They have kill options that can be low % meteor spikes or medium-high % KOs.

Disjoints or invulnerable parts/magically shrinking hitboxes = WTF is going on man.

Easy to use gimps or shield breakers.

Reliable combos that can lead into ez KOs. (Yoshi being the worst offender with his eggs)

They also have a good "fall back" option. If they are losing, they can simply play campy campy with most of the cast and cheese their way to victory.

I personally do not find Mario/Yoshi to be TOO troublesome offline, but Cloud is really something else. I was actually able to beat the no-die lvl9 difficulty challenge with Cloud. And only Cloud, too. This was while I used my TV that delayed my game ever so slightly. WITH DELAY I BEAT A CHALLENGE AGAINST BUTTON-READING CPUS THE FIRST TIME WITHOUT BREAKING A SWEAT ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!! *ehem* I mean. It was hilarious and also sad.

I really liked playing Cloud but grew very bored of him after I kept stomping everyone with him. Half the time I was on auto-pilot too. Meanwhile to actually be some sort of threat as Zelda I have to put in extreme conscious effort. Like really? Pls stahp Cloud.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
It's even more fun when you have RED MAGIC powers and can completely end the argument whenever you want.
Me rn:
View attachment 117787

Okay I just banned him in 4 different ways we should be fine now.
Did you see his last post?
"Wow, someone's butthurt about Toon Link"
I was laughing very hard to that.
On the Young Link tutorial, I've successfully calmed him down and I said we could have had both Child Links in Smash 4 due to WWHD and his response was..
"There could never be 3 Links cause Smash has 3 Marios and 3 Marth's and uses to have 3 Foxes"
Roy plays literally the opposite of Marth, Lucina is admittindly a second Marth.
There's Mario and Dr. Mario. Who's the third?
Falco is a semi-clone while Wolf was barely a clone at all.
I don't like that, especially since Mario is an honest character. Top Tier, but because of his All Roundedness, not anything ridiculous.
I see the most hate for Cloud, followed by Rosalina And Luma, followed by Sonic, followed by Fox, followed by Ness
Toon Link is also considered cancerous of the community now.
Here's an example: When people were talking about how Sonic and Toon Link are such cancerous characters, someone said

"sonic is campy toon link has super powerful aerials, smash attacks that kill at 60, a pre patch sonic back throw, guaranteed kills off bombs and projectiles that are so frustrating to get around. not a contest imo"

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
You're going to bring the wrath of text walls if you keep this discussion up, gorls.

Don't do it.

You must stop before it's too late.

pls think of the children

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Stupid night backup ate my post. The gist was: SSB64 Luigi is the birth of clones. Melee is the clone era. Brawl didn't have true clones since their moves were adjusted. SSB4 brought back clones as a "bonus" then patches made them slightly less clonish.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Gonna be dusting my room tomorrow, since I need to get that done. Also, I finished Spirit of Justice! Now to wait for the DLC to come out and try out Turnabout Time Travel. :yeahboi:

It was one hell of a roller coaster ride. There were several twists that happened in the second half of the episode which did surprise me. Such as finding out that Rayfa and Nahyuta are siblings and how Ga'ran corrupted the law as well to her own will. Hell, we even found out that Queen Amara is alive. Just as she was going to confess who the killer was, she got shot in the left side of her stomach by one of Queen Ga'ran's member of the Royal Guard.

I will say however, her breakdown was pretty weak. It's nothing compared to the Phantom's breakdown back in Dual Destinies which was just amazing.

The game is great, it has new stuff to see, the return of the good old examination mechanic outside of crime scenes. And there were some likable characters as well. Such as Bonny de Famme, Owen Toneido and Armie Buff for example. Some of the breakdowns were pretty good. Though I do feel like that some of them are a tiny bit lackluster compared to the breakdowns from Dual Destinies. Don't get me wrong, Beh'leeb's breakdown was actually sad, and Paul's breakdown was just funny. But compare them to say L'Belle's breakdown and Yuri's breakdown, which I feel are way better than some of them in this one.

The music is still good and nice to listen to as well. Some new tracks I feel are a bit weaker compared to the former ones that were used in Dual Destinies. But some of them are great, like Cornering Together and A New Chapter of Trials! (2016) are good to hear. However, Wright's Objection theme just doesn't have that big of an impact now imo; maybe I just prefer the Dual Destinies OST for some of the tracks. But they do bring back some tracks from the first Ace Attorney game and Dual Destinies which I'm all for.

The models do look more polished and cleaner as well, which I'm cool for and there are cutscenes that were motion captured as well. Such as Wright running into the Khura'in Courtroom in Episode 1, to even Apollo, Wright and Nahyuta being held at gun point by the Royal Guard under Ga'ran's command in court. Also, the anime cutscenes weren't done by Bones this time, they were done by A-1 pictures. Which look okay, I can see a few mistakes here and there in the animation. Makes me wish that Bones animated the cutscenes in this game as well. The cutscenes looked fantastic in Dual Destinies, but eh. Bones was working on My Hero Academia at the time, so I'll let that slide. :V

I definitely think Spirit of Justice is really worth your time. It has some great characters, good music and the crimes are an enjoyment to figure out, plus the Divination Seance are a great way to see crimes from a different angle which is really refreshing and unique. There were very rare occasions where I had to use a walkthrough just to progress the game, but those were just very rare times. Other than that, I had a good time getting through it and finding things out by myself. My only gripe is a few songs are not as good as the ones in the previous installment, I'd mention other stuff I didn't really like about the game, but I left those in the spoiler.

Overall, really good and welcome addition to the Ace Attorney series. Definitely recommend it if you're an Ace Attorney fan, if you plan on getting into Ace Attorney. Don't start with this game, go and start with the Ace Attorney Trilogy that you can get on the 3DS.

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice gets 4.5 :4zelda:s out of 5.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't get why people are so freaked out about Mario's Usmash. It's good but nothing amazing, frame 9-12 attack and head invincibility, FAF 40. Heck Fox has foot invulnerability on his Usmash frame 1-9 and it hits 8-11, FAF 56 though. G&W's Usmash has head and arm (IIRC) invulnerability frames 4-25, hits 24-25 and FAF 39. I could go on but the point is Mario happens to be a very solid all around character and Usmash compliments this; Usmash it's self isn't super OP.

I'll smash if anyone wants?

Last edited:

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people are so freaked out about Mario's Usmash. It's good but nothing amazing, frame 9-12 attack and head invincibility, FAF 40. Heck Fox has foot invulnerability on his Usmash frame 1-9 and it hits 8-11, FAF 56 though. G&W's Usmash has head and arm (IIRC) invulnerability frames 4-25, hits 24-25 and FAF 39. I could go on but the point is Mario happens to be a very solid all around character and Usmash compliments this; Usmash it's self isn't super OP.
Where is Zelda's Usmash and Fsmash arm invul please! (I wish)

Top Bottom