• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
In other news, Shine just revealed they will have their Melee Top 32 all floating through Pools, while Smash 4 won't.
There is tea stirring EVERYWHERE.
:196:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
In other news, Shine just revealed they will have their Melee Top 32 all floating through Pools, while Smash 4 won't.
There is tea stirring EVERYWHERE.
I'm not really familiar with tournament lingo. What does that mean?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
They won't play Round 1 Pools and are already placed in Round 2.
People are upset for all kinds of reasons, from "Top player privilege" to "upsets are more feasible in Smash 4 so pool floating is unviable" to "Melee elitists' favoritism".
The drama is delicious.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
They won't play Round 1 Pools and are already placed in Round 2.
People are upset for all kinds of reasons, from "Top player privilege" to "upsets are more feasible in Smash 4 so pool floating is unviable" to "Melee elitists' favoritism".
The drama is delicious.
Wow
The fact that floating is even a thing is just dumb

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Just throwing this out there in case you guys aren't aware.

I hate all people who try to ruin things for no reason.

jk I just hate everyone.

Besides Ryan and maybe Greening and definitely Liam.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Wow
The fact that floating is even a thing is just dumb
It isn't a new concept; Genesis 3 did it, if you recall.

Still, it's not something one typically sees in an open bracket tournament. Though being seeded #1-32 in Melee is actually pretty notable, in leu of a point system considering how the ranks in Melee are decided upon.

Just throwing this out there in case you guys aren't aware.

I hate all people who try to ruin things for no reason.

jk I just hate everyone.

Besides Ryan and maybe Greening and definitely Liam.
Hatred is a wasteful emotion, like regret.

It's just not worth hating random people that'll just come and go in your life.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
thnx, cysT

tbh i wish i could play with yew and cress sisT, but i'm a console pleb cricricri
Somebody needs to rep the gorls on consoles. Those plebs are surely blessed to be in the presence of a gorl. You're doing holy work nobody else can, sis.
:secretkpop:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I have no snazzy comment for this but it still needs to be posted

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Surprisingly, the CCI thread is discussing Ven's Zelda's MU spread. It's been on and off for 4 pages.

Edit: Oh, a page steal. I miss when Twili stole almost every page.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sorry I'm doing all these random attacks. My muscle memory is used to PS2 controllers and I keep using wrong inputs :/

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just started the second season of SU

I already know a lot of what'll happen thanks to tumblr though, but hey at least my sister is going in blind.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I just started the second season of SU

I already know a lot of what'll happen thanks to tumblr though, but hey at least my sister is going in blind.
Steven Universe is great. As much as I like Gravity Falls, I feel like Steven Universe has it beat in story and pacing. Characterization is close but SU probably has it beat there too.

It isn't perfect but it's a very good show with wide appeal.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Steven Universe is great. As much as I like Gravity Falls, I feel like Steven Universe has it beat in story and pacing. Characterization is close but SU probably has it beat there too.

It isn't perfect but it's a very good show with wide appeal.
I think Gravity Falls has better humor but SU is just amazing in all the other categories
And the ****ing music gfdi it's gonna kill me

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I have yet to watch a bunch of good cartoons tbh. Haven't watched Gravity Falls or Star vs the Forces of Evil myself.

I kinda stopped watching TV shows.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I already have a list of cartoons I'm gonna watch

So far I have Gravity Falls, Star vs the Forces of Evil, Miraculous Ladybug and I've also been curious to check the new Voltron cartoon.

That's not counting Steven Universe which I'm currently watching with my sis.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I think Gravity Falls has better humor but SU is just amazing in all the other categories
And the ****ing music gfdi it's gonna kill me
I can agree with that. The shows have a very different feel but can still appeal to a wide number of fans. Gravity Falls is a lot darker and uses humor to offset the occasional macabre scenario. Steven Universe switches between lighthearted and brimming with pathos and has a few episodes that are almost entirely serious.

I think Gravity Falls' biggest issue as far as storytelling goes is that season 1 really doesn't do much to develop the myth arc and that the episodes are relatively self-contained. And once the myth arc gets on a roll, it only continues before a short time before the show ends. Both seasons are about 20 episodes apiece and I really feel like the first could have been handled a little better and the second could have used about five extra episodes. Steven Universe seems to do a better job at balancing the myth arc and filler/character development episodes, though its shorter segments probably help with that.

Gravity Falls is still a great show, and its sparce hints in the first season can pay off if you focus on details.

Star vs the Forces of Evil is pretty good, imo. Finished season 1 a few weeks ago.

Sometimes it can be a little uneven, sometimes it feels like I'm watching Archer.
Yeah the show's probably more goofy than GF or SU but it's still quite good. Season 2 has made things a little more focused.

Rizen Rizen

20160825_223432.jpg
20160825_223735.jpg
IDK why these are upside down but this exchange amused me.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Usmash and DA have some deceptive range. I was trying to Dtilt to get around the armor but most of my tilts turned into smashes.
You're actually hitting my arm in the first pic. FSmash has decent range in front of Game & Watch but basically none behind (it was like this in Brawl too).

DTilt is pretty nice. You actually hit me with its meteor once but I was at low enough percent for it to not matter.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
What if she did it because she wanted to break stuff with Link and share in his love for breaking stuff? Link pls. Thinking is not his strong suit.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Gravity Falls: It had amazing writing, and it is still one of the funniest show's I've ever watched, each episode is enticing and the whole background subplot gets you hooked. It finished at a good time before the quality started lowering, but I would've liked a lot more of it.
Steven Universe: It used to be pretty slow with few plot episodes and lots of development, but the more episodes it gets, the more straight-forward its, while not completely forgetting about development. I like this new rhythm more. The theme is something new (because cartoons used to be very conservative), I only know it's refreshing, entertaining, and with fantastic music.
Star vs. the Forces of Evil: I can only wish its plot were exploited more instead of small bits here and there to explode in one single chapter, In my opinion season 1 lacked that, but season 2 has been working with Ludo well enough. So far this Season is very promising.

While we're at this
Adventure Time: it keeps many of its core elements, but it's not as hooking as it used to be (mainly because a majority of their writing staff moved to SU). Still very entertaining and with unsolved mysteries I'm looking forward to watch.
Regular Show: kinda hit-or-miss, I like the development episodes (Mordecai and Benson's relationships, Rigby's journey for his title, episodes about Skips' past), but they are rare, and not always actually develop anything, they are more like just building up. Random episodes can get good too though, like that Synth battle.
Rick and Morty: I NEED SEASON 3 NOW. Has it been one year and a half already?
My Little Pony (because I like it and it's still airing): After Equestria Girls, quality has been going down and down and down; it's still pretty good and leaving important lessons sometimes, but its peak was at Season 2+3.

I would love to talk about more (like The Loud House, Be Cool Scooby Doo, or Mike Tyson's Mysteries) but that will be for another time.
I like watching cartoons.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Slowly making some progress in Ace Attorney. And by slowly, I mean pretty slow. Since I did start Turnabout Goodbyes a few days ago, and I just got to talking to Lotta Hart. :V

And since we're talking about cartoons and all that. The only cartoon I saw last time was Sonic Boom; which was a pretty good show. Although Knuckles is probably the reason why that show is good. And speaking of animated shows, I'll be checking out Episode 9 of ReLIFE later today and Episode 21 of Ace Attorney tomorrow. Still got high hopes for ReLIFE, such a good anime. Ace Attorney on the other hand... I'll have to wait and see if they can remedy that trainwreck in Farewell, My Turnabout.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
What if she did it because she wanted to break stuff with Link and share in his love for breaking stuff? Link pls. Thinking is not his strong suit.

Wait, you mean she didn't?

That's how I always took that comic; she didn't sign them up for a class that makes pottery, she basically signed them up for a treasure hunting class.

The theme is something new (because cartoons used to be very conservative),
See, here's the thing I've noticed about nostalgia and old cartoons; what we remember children's cartoons being and what they were are rarely the same thing, mostly because the real weird stuff and double entendres went right over our heads as kids. The good ones were simultaneously presenting two shows at once; one for the kids and one for the adults in the room. The Muppet Show (not the god awful sitcom reboot), Monty Python, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Powerpuff Girls (again, not the god awful reboot) and Johnny Bravo are some examples of that style.

Something I really like about Adventure Time is that even with it's Myth arc, it never lost it's ability to act as an episodic show; you can pretty much put any one on at random and have a good time which is something I feel SU for example typically fails at more often than not. The ability to do that has become surprisingly rare, imo, and part of why I can't really dock points for shows that still allow for that, especially cartoons. For all their continuity, character development, and myth arcs, that's something that cartoons like Archer, Justice League, Samurai Jack and the Venture Bros manage to do incredibly well. You're rewarded for viewing more, as opposed to being punished for missing anything, effectively.

(mainly because a majority of their writing staff moved to SU).
Wasn't it just the one person?

Star vs. the Forces of Evil: I can only wish its plot were exploited more instead of small bits here and there to explode in one single chapter, In my opinion season 1 lacked that, but season 2 has been working with Ludo well enough. So far this Season is very promising.
It's promising, but there's gonna be some problems if Starco becomes a legit thing. You do not pair up your Buffy expy with your Xander expy.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The demo of Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is on the eShop! :yeahboi:

Downloading the demo right now. <3

Also, I'll be making an image of a MU spread for Lucina instead of doing it all text based in a bit, or maybe tomorrow. :V

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Friday. Neat...
All this cartoon talk has got me intrigued. What's the synopsis of SU and GF? I kinda want to check them out now.
Also, would anybody be up for matches later?
The demo of Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is on the eShop! :yeahboi:

Downloading the demo right now. <3

Also, I'll be making an image of a MU spread for Lucina instead of doing it all text based in a bit, or maybe tomorrow. :V
I've never played an Ace Attorney game actually. I guess I can start now!

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
Speaking of cartoons, last night I bought the entire series of Avatar.

I remember watching bits and pieces of the show when I was a kid and I really want to watch it all. Just got to find a good mood to sit and watch instead of trying to play a game and watch it at the same time.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I've never played an Ace Attorney game actually. I guess I can start now!
There's also a demo for the 5th Ace Attorney game "Dual Destinies". And it's on sale as well, it's I believe either 50% or 60% off in the eShop.

Nintendo's trying to be like Valve with these sales. :secretkpop:

If you wanna play the other Ace Attorney games. You can get the original trilogy off the eShop as well where it's the three games with redrawn graphics and other fixes like the mistranslations and all. The only AA games that are not on the 3DS eShop are Apollo Justice (AA4) and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (AAI). They were released on the original DS, so good luck finding physical copies of them. The only Ace Attorney games that didn't see a worldwide release are Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (AAI2) and Ace Attorney: The Great Turnabout which are Japan Only games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom