• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Tfw there's literally not a single trainer in White 2 who has a Vullaby, meaning you're forced to trade for one to see it and the GTS shut down years ago

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I'm just going to disguise my bewilderment and frustration by calling this an avant-garde piece on why patch culture is stupid.

Get hype for Overwatch.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
On a different note, a game release I've been really really excited for is one that Locke showed me sometime ago. Not sure how many people here know/care about it but it's actually very cool. It's called No Man's Sky and it's...different and I don't think something has ever been done before on this scale. You play as an astronaut figure exploring various planets/space itself. Sounds nerdy and basic but bear with me. Here's a quick video trailer (PS4 but also available for PC):

It's a procedurally generated universe which is another way of saying that it's made using computer algorithmic magic. Basically, a number of textures and skeletons and all that data is imported and then reassembled and modified through algorithms to create a myriad of possibilities of what can be seen in-game. The world itself isn't actually stored on the disc or a cloud or anything of the sort. It's generated mathematically such that everything you see is from a maths function. The input to the function is where you're standing and since the input is the same, the output will always be the same. Meaning, there isn't any need for storing the world itself in the disc but this also means the world outside of your view doesn't exist.

"Who gives a **** Spirst ur dum"

Well the particularly cool aspect of this game is that because things don't have to be stored locally, there's not really a limit to how many planets there can be. In fact there are 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets to explore, each being a full world within itself and planets being varied such as some being ocean-heavy, toxic, having floating islands, different animals, etc. There's also separate galaxies and star systems to explore and there's no loading screens so there's seamless transition when landing on ****.

It's literally impossible to finish this game in your lifetime what the ****. Even if you visited 10 planets a day for the next 80 years, you wouldn't even be halfway done.
Oh yeah, that game. It's got randomly generated alien turtles. :p

The art style reminds me of Ratchet & Clank. Landing on planets and exploring them also adds to that. Welp, just gonna wait until it's released so I can add it to my backlog. *backlog growls*

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
They hit Bayo a lot harder than I was expecting.

I don't think this character is going to function anymore.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029

All I've heard is hitbox nerfs, damage nerfs, and something about SDI modifiers.

Did you find something else?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm not expecting anything other than Bayonetta stuff, but do we already know of all/any frame data alterations too?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

I mean, there's no way to tell yet, but from a number standpoint these changes are enormous.

If Bayo takes a swan dive you guys will know where I'll be.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
W-Whoa...
From the 1.1.6 Bayo scripts @A_Kae provided:

:4bayonetta2:
  • Dtilt
    • Hitbox sizes 3.5 -> 2.8
  • Fair
    • Hit 1 damage 3.8 -> 3
    • Hit 2 damage 2.8 -> 2.2
    • Hit 3 KBG 82 -> 68, x1.2 frame speed multiplier added to frame 29 (presumably means 1f later autocancel/2f later FAF, but these don't always translate to ingame as expected)
  • Dair landing
    • KBG 140 -> 135
  • Afterburner Kick
    • All hitboxes: SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
    • Early hit KBG: 40 -> 50
    • Middle hit KBG: 30 -> 38
    • Late hit KBG 100 -> 112
  • Afterburner Divekick
    • Damage 8 -> 6.5
    • Angle 80° -> 60°
    • Hitbox size 6.5 -> 4.5
    • SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
  • Afterburner Divekick landing
    • SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
  • Witch Twist
    • All hitboxes: SDI multiplier 1 -> 2
    • Early middle hit
      • Upper hitbox KBG/WKB 100g/160w -> 97g/140w
      • Upper hitbox Ypos 24 -> 21
      • Both hitbox sizes 8 -> 7
    • Middle middle hit
    • Late middle hit
      • Lower hitbox WKB 160 -> 135
    • Last hit (first use)
      • KBG/BKB 105g/50b -> 80g/55b
      • Hitbox size 9 -> 8.5
      • Y'pos 20 -> 19
    • Last hit (second use)
      • KBG 30 -> 50
      • Hitbox size 9 -> 8.5
      • Y'pos 20 -> 19
All those 2x SDIs...

By all witch twist hitboxes SDI x2, do you mean even the multihits?

Yeah that might make it non-functioning...

Holy crap is that 4 units removed of vertical range on twist.... wtf.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm gonna laugh if Nintendo purposely released a part of the patch knowing full well people would try to get their hands on them. They definitely know the outcry about Bayonetta, so why not only release that? People would be content she's nerfed, but also disappointed that nothing else was changed and then BOOM! people download it and there's changes like Ganondorf's Bair does 18% now.

Nintendo's probably not going to do that. If anything, they're more likely to do the opposite and bungle everything up letting everyone know everything like what happened to Roy and Ryu and something about Pokémon being entirely leaked through a demo or something.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wait, the KB edits to Witch Twist last hit...

The first usage gets a 1F hitstun increase from that,

and it also keeps in combo distance like, 30% longer.

LOL

Edit: Usage 2 also gets 1F more hit stun from that lol

Edit 2 : lol no immediate hitstun reduction from the divekick nerf.

Edit 3 : Also divekick technically stays in combo range longer. I'm curious to see just HOW bad the angle/SDI nerfs erase it...

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I've been thinking, what would happen if Nintendo gave Olimar huge buffs, enough to make him easily top 5 in the tier list?

Everyone would probably still forget that he's in the game.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
What other things in the game have 2x SDI multipliers? I want to see this in action.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Yay I finally got the replays BJN! I got 6 and all of them are different, I'm going to start recording them now so tell me if there are others I should look out for.

Also a note: the "thing" I was testing out with Virtue earlier was music hacking and it worked! I changed Zelda's victory theme to something from Triforce Heroes, but the rest of the music for these stages should be the same.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I like the part where they go to nerf Bayonetta

And then absolutely crap on FAir

> BAir/UAir remain completely untouched.

Because FAir was definitely the dumb aerial yeah okay.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Oh yeah! I love seeing her and ZSS's Uair kill without any red sparks at. Meanwhile, I'm sitting here sighing every time Falco's Uair connects at what should be KO percent and it completely fails. Why did they have to mess with its angles and knockback... Frame 7, 10%, and no sour-spot would have been fine, but nope. Gotta drop its growth to 90 and make its hit angles like Mewtwo when Falco's too slow to run around and juggle like that. Should have been a strong-hit juggle and not a Captain Falcon Uair multiple times juggle. :glare:

Edit: Bay's Uair has 10 active frames or infinite if you use Bullet Arts. Most flip kick Uairs have like 5 active frames...

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
dear lord I legit feel sorry for bayonetta mains right now.
I don't. Being 0-death'd is stupid, and so is being up a stock and having Bayo at 100+ % and knowing you could really easily still lose this match with two mistakes. Her hitboxes were so big that they couldn't be challenged by disjoint characters, which meant she completely dictated the battle from start to finish.

Now Bayonetta will get good percent off her creative combos if you're good at comboing, and can finish with smashes that she can maybe combo into from some setups. She's even better at edgeguarding because of the angle Afterburner sends you, and Witch Time is indirectly balanced, because she'll need it more to close out stocks. Before it was a cherry lollipop on the cake she could use if you were a pain and lived too long for her liking. Characters can challenge her attacks now, and that lets them play against her, which also means Bayonettas have to think about their moves.

Charoite

Smash Journeyman
So complaining does work, i should start a campaign so they can nerf character i dislike, i question myself what is the next character people would complain? :4diddy::4cloud::4ryu::rosalina:, these look like solid choices

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Man, maybe they should just remove the red lightning. Every time I get it, the other guy always lives. What's up with that?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

Fair1 at the very least deserved to be toned down.

Idk what you'd touch about uair

Man, maybe they should just remove the red lightning. Every time I get it, the other guy always lives. What's up with that?
It calculates the knockback distance before DI is factored in.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I don't. Being 0-death'd is stupid, and so is being up a stock and having Bayo at 100+ % and knowing you could really easily still lose this match with two mistakes. Her hitboxes were so big that they couldn't be challenged by disjoint characters, which meant she completely dictated the battle from start to finish.

Now Bayonetta will get good percent off her creative combos if you're good at comboing, and can finish with smashes that she can maybe combo into from some setups. She's even better at edgeguarding because of the angle Afterburner sends you, and Witch Time is indirectly balanced, because she'll need it more to close out stocks. Before it was a cherry lollipop on the cake she could use if you were a pain and lived too long for her liking. Characters can challenge her attacks now, and that lets them play against her, which also means Bayonettas have to think about their moves.
that's assuming she still has creative combos it looks like every linker and starter got hit. If anything she is going to turn in to a turtle who might get a few good Bread and Butter comboes once in a while

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Idk what you'd touch about uair
It does 9% kills and combos

not to mention low landing lag, good AC, and good 180° range (though not ridiculous range as a disjoint tbh)

"Hitting slowly" only reasons so far

Take your pick

Edit: and before you mention Falcon's UAir his is dumb too.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

not to mention low landing lag, good AC, and good range (though not ridiculous range tbh)

Take your pick
You forgot about its 10 active frames. I think reduced base might do the trick or a lower angle which wouldn't really make sense with how she kicks. Right now, the only difference she has with Falco's Uair is that hers does 9% instead of 10%, has a single hit angle of 75 to Falco's 65, 75, and 85, doing 5 more base, being frame 9 instead of 7, and having 5 more active frames along with other landing data. Her legs are much longer and she hits more outwards than Falco who does a lazy flip, but weirdly enough, Falco's manages to kill noticeable later even when fresh. I don't think a drop to 35 will do much, but maybe 30 base? Then again, there's ZSS's Uair which even after its nerf, manages to KO despite doing 6.5%. Well, ZSS's Uair does have 35 base and 125 growth. ZSS's has the second highest growth over Pikachu's 113 and under Mario's 135, but Mario's Uair has much lower base and Mario's SJP isn't as strong as ZSS's Boost Kick. Diddy's Uair KO's reasonable too... >_>

I hate this game.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny

not to mention low landing lag, good AC, and good 180° range (though not ridiculous range as a disjoint tbh)

Take your pick

Edit: and before you mention Falcon's UAir his is dumb too.
If it weren't for the FAF/landing lag it'd be a completely unremarkable uair. I'd still take :4bowser::4roy::4falcon::4cloud2::4corrinf::4dedede::4dk::4fox::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4link::4lucina::4marth::4megaman::4mewtwo::4ness::4rob::4robinf::rosalina::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4sonic::4tlink::4villagerf::4zss: uairs over it in spite of that.

9% on a uair is really nothing, many uairs both hit harder and kill earlier, many uairs are more disjointed, and many uairs still have fairly low end/landing lag because Sm4sh heavily emphasizes that being above your opponent is bad. Most of these uairs also come with better startup in spite of all that.

Top Bottom