• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Rizen

Smash Legend
Someone I know got 'taco bell'; the wrapper had writing with the logo and words like 'cheese stuffed'. The way it was crinkled it looked like it said 'cheese stuffed hell'. I found that funny :p

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I just watched ZeRo's recent video about Bayo and I agree with him for the most part.

But I'm getting better at fighting her, although she's still really annoying to fight against. Basically be campy and avoid making even the tiniest mistakes.
Best Brawl combo was fresh Ganon double DAir. 44%. :ganondorf:
I liked doing that but with Ganon, most of what I did was reading and conditioning my opponents. Ganon was hilariously bad but pulling off a Warlock Punch after a read was so satisfying.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
owning a cat in a nutshell

People say Sonic isn't relevant competitively anymore but I watch the Japan vs. Mexico crew battle and think, "Yeah right."
japanese sonics are very optimized, it's honestly super nice to watch them

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

I've tried the Amiibo thing on Pokken again. Shovel Knight is being a damn cheapskate.
He gave me 100 Poke Gold. Whereas Greninja gave a "Legendary Sharpshooter" title, Mario gave me a Santa Claus Outfit, Link got me a Scarf and ROB gave me red hair with cat ears.

Dammit Shovel Knight. >:C

Bit tired as well, but oh well. I'm getting there, had a nap for about 45 minutes and might look up some SFW fanart of Kasane Kujiragi. Since she is best girl. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I just watched ZeRo's recent video about Bayo and I agree with him for the most part.

But I'm getting better at fighting her, although she's still really annoying to fight against. Basically be campy and avoid making even the tiniest mistakes.
Bayonetta is really tedious to fight. Don't do anything risky. Don't challenge her moves. Don't try to interrupt her strings. Just let her do her Bayo things until she's done, spam projectiles and zone her out if you have that luxury, tack on safe hits, and kill her off a safe confirm. She's like Villager tedious with pre-patch Metaknight's reward ratio and pre-patch Corrin's counter rolled into one, with Void length "may as well put down my controller," combos.

My Link plan is really just using projectiles until up-throw kills. My Sheik plan was winning the neutral and only using the tiniest tightest combos. My Zelda plan was finger banging her.

All that said it gets easier to fight her as time goes on, and I'm all for adaptation.

I liked doing that but with Ganon, most of what I did was reading and conditioning my opponents. Ganon was hilariously bad but pulling off a Warlock Punch after a read was so satisfying.
As a friend put it, when you lose to Brawl Ganon, you know you just got outplayed.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Bayonetta is really tedious to fight. Don't do anything risky. Don't challenge her moves. Don't try to interrupt her strings. Just let her do her Bayo things until she's done, spam projectiles and zone her out if you have that luxury, tack on safe hits, and kill her off a safe confirm. She's like Villager tedious with pre-patch Metaknight's reward ratio and pre-patch Corrin's counter rolled into one, with Void length "may as well put down my controller," combos.

My Link plan is really just using projectiles until up-throw kills. My Sheik plan was winning the neutral and only using the tiniest tightest combos. My Zelda plan was finger banging her.
Yup, that's very much how you're supposed to play against her. The only thing I don't agree with ZeRo is calling Bayo 'toxic'. Mostly because I used to call Sonic that before I learned the MU.

As a friend put it, when you lose to Brawl Ganon, you know you just got outplayed.
My biggest claim to fame is winning a set from a Metaknight.

Mostly because I got really lucky on Halberd.:p

Might make Zelda a secondary only because I can catch people by surprise with her kill power. Idk. I have to use her in a way that's accustomed to my general playstyle but I need to work with long-ranged+safe attacks

Is f-tilt and jab (I think I heard jab was safe but idk, correct me if I'm wrong), at the very least, relatively safe?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Might make Zelda a secondary only because I can catch people by surprise with her kill power. Idk. I have to use her in a way that's accustomed to my general playstyle but I need to work with long-ranged+safe attacks

Is f-tilt and jab (I think I heard jab was safe but idk, correct me if I'm wrong), at the very least, relatively safe?
Jab is quite safe. It's -5 on block OoS, which means it's possible to space on shield and escape some grabs or jump aerials. That said it hits frame 11. <_<

Ftilt has some merit as a spacer on shield, but is as laggy as Fsmash. Only the best spacing should be able to possibly avoid a punish. Block and shield drop still gives the opponent like, a 12F window where they could get at Zelda if they have a long/quick dash grab or dash attack. Now it at least hits 1F faster than Jab :secretkpop:

Last edited:

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
The more I play Mario Maker, the more I feel like I got in way over my head. When will I ever be finished with my stage?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The more I play Mario Maker, the more I feel like I got in way over my head. When will I ever be finished with my stage?
But at least it teaches you about Game Design. And always be creative as you possibly can. Heck, my most recent level I posted was a Treasure Hunting one, where you have to find 8 Red Coins to get to the end of the level.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I mean I don't really need a secondary since I think I can handle everything pretty well with Greninja now

So I might as well make my funsies character my secondary and see if I use her to disrespect people in tournaments.

LonkQ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ammoro
Well, I finished. It's a bit of a rush job. Anyone wanna try out my course?

ABBD-0000-020A-7F44

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Eh, imo Bayo is very annoying to fight. But I would rather fight her than some of the other top tiers.

When I use her, I play her lowkey so my opponent isn't overwhelmed. I also skip WT. She's too flashy and kinda funny to put down.

Zelda is still bae. After a decade of Zeldorp she'll never be un-bae'd. Bcuz she refuses to sign the divorce papers.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
tfw you noticed that Phil hasn't posted orange hair meme girl in months

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
As the top player, ZeRo should be smarter and know not to spout hyperbolic and inflammatory nonsense like he does in his video about Bayonetta.
What a sad mess of a salty video, and people eat it up because mobs are fun!

Last edited:
Top Bottom