• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
What's this talk about a "ZeldHA?" I know that the size of the hitbox got increased, but is it a lot easier to land now out of d-throw?
You can still DI as the percents go higher as far as I can tell, but the hitbox increase combined with the 2% damage increase make the window that it works bigger, so there are now percents were it can land and kill now I think.

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
What's this talk about a "ZeldHA?" I know that the size of the hitbox got increased, but is it a lot easier to land now out of d-throw?
It's called Finger Bang but it's truly not spectacular enough to even have a name.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Personally, I'm finding the Uair hitbox buff to be far more noticeable with Uthrow than Dthrow. I can actually get Uthrow>Uair semi consistently now. The best part is that when you get it, it usually puts them in kill range for other stuff. 28% is pretty nice (the equivalent to ~6 Sheik Fairs lol).

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Personally, I'm finding the Uair hitbox buff to be far more noticeable with Uthrow than Dthrow. I can actually get Uthrow>Uair semi consistently now. The best part is that when you get it, it usually puts them in kill range for other stuff. 28% is pretty nice (the equivalent to ~6 Sheik Fairs lol).
Jab Dthrow UAir literally does 34%

11% Jab

BAN•JAB

Which means Jab Uthrow UAir would do 39% if you could get it oml

remember when pre-patch Diddy did like, 25% with Dthrow UAir UAir?

lol

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wii Fit's Dthrow --> Uair is called the "Wait what am I doing this doesn't exist, I'll just Nair a bunch instead."
Works 100% of the time.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

11% Jab

BAN•JAB

lol
But isn't Zelda still considered tr4sh? D:

Also, I've finished the entire series of Durarara!!

I thought the finale was good, nearly everyone had a good ending, aside from the villain controlling Niekawa and that he stabbed Mikado.

Waifu Kasane Kujiragi is okay! So I'm happy with that. <3
And Shizuo managed to beat up Izaya, you actually hear the bones in his arms crack from when he had to block one of Shizuo's punches. And just when Celty gets her head back, she loses it. :V

Dammit Celty! Don't act like Mami from Madoka!

Overall, I enjoyed the entirety of Durarara!!, some will say the ending was pretty cheesy, others will think it's a good enough ending. But I enjoyed it quite a lot. Even thought it's finished, I still got Gintama 2015, Dagashi Kashi and Musaigen no Phantom World to finish. :yeahboi:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

11% Jab

BAN•JAB

lol
:4gaw: DThrow UTilt NAir does 35% If you can get UTilt to connect properly (but UTilt is bad and I'm actually not sure if it actually links into NAir lol). And you can follow it up with Fire for a grand total of 41%.

:lick:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
:4gaw: DThrow UTilt NAir does 35% If you can get UTilt to connect properly (but UTilt is bad and I'm actually not sure if it actually links into NAir lol). And you can follow it up with Fire for a grand total of 41%.

:lick:
41%, wow. The same percentage G&W dies at. What a coincidence!
Wait I forgot the :secretkpop:

Last edited:

11% Jab

BAN•JAB

lol
Another thing about jab is that it's pretty decent for shield pressure. I think KlicKlac KlicKlac mentioned it somewhere but if your opponent likes to shield, repeated jabs can quickly wear down their shield.
I actually got a shield break with jab -> jab -> fsmash today and it killed as we were at the edge and they fell off :secretkpop:
BAN•ZELDA

Also, I know you've already talked about dthrow -> upair but I don't think I've seen any discussion on dtilt -> upair.
iirc, if they DI towards you or don't DI, then it can true combo at kill percent (around 80+) but if they DI away from you, then then can escape. Is that still the case now with the size increase to upair?

Anyway, haven't posted here in a while, how are you gorls?~

PS. My vote goes to Finger Bang for the name of dthrow -> upair

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I think I died around that percent against @IsmaR's DK once.

You really appreciate playing heavier characters after you use really light ones most of the time. You also learn how to DI better.
So you're saying playing Zelda has helped my Ike?

But Ike's sideB is a better projectile than Zelda's!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
You really appreciate playing heavier characters after you use really light ones most of the time. You also learn how to DI better.
Can confirm. When I switch to :4corrinf: from :rosalina: I get hit by things and think "Wait, I didn't die from that?" every match.

Then I get hit horizontally and think "Wait, that killed me?" because I just DI down and in most of the time with Rosa, but Corrin can't recover like that.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Can confirm. When I switch to :4corrinf: from :rosalina: I get hit by things and think "Wait, I didn't die from that?" every match.

Then I get hit horizontally and think "Wait, that killed me?" because I just DI down and in most of the time with Rosa, but Corrin can't recover like that.
I've gotten too used to
never dying off the top

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

Yeah DI is a fickle thing. Characters with bad recoveries sometimes have to sacrifice some raw survival so they can actually recover. When I play Ganon I have to be really careful.

I've gotten too used to
never dying off the top
Usually Mewtwo's USmash nets KOs at least by 140% but not on Daydayday and I just think "what a fatty."

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

11% Jab

BAN•JAB

lol
I've been thinking Zelda should theoretically be taking a stock with three grabs. Or two grabs and Zelda stuff in any given order.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
How were able to throw out the hitbox at 0:53? I know how to do it from below but not horizontally.
It's just a matter of spacing Farore's perfectly from the ledge and doing the "not grabbing the ledge by holding down at the last moment" thing.
-
Also that Uair shield damage. SHFF Uairs could actually be pretty useful for platform shield pressure now...
Too bad the opponent could just spot dodge all of them

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hey gorls I just finished drawing my next batch of characters~! :D
Figured I'd show you wonderful people what I did :happysheep:

The camera quality kinda washed it down a bit, which is a shame :drsad:
Looks like I improved a bit though :dr^_^:

Paletuna tho... She took forever

Next time I'm planning to do :4bayonetta::4cloud::4link: (Then later maybe will do :4villagerf::4ness::4marth::4yoshi::4metaknight:)

Last edited:

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Real nice Kirby and Pikachu, Koiba.
Shame the quality isn't better, so much detail on the other two.

Also good luck to Dan! Show 'em why we should Ban Zelda after all.

D

Deleted member

Real nice Kirby and Pikachu, Koiba.
Shame the quality isn't better, so much detail on the other two.

Also good luck to Dan! Show 'em why we should Ban Zelda after all.
I'm using Jigglypuff tho ;-; BUT I'LL TRY TO WIN THIS FOR YOU ALL <3

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Another thing about jab is that it's pretty decent for shield pressure. I think KlicKlac KlicKlac mentioned it somewhere but if your opponent likes to shield, repeated jabs can quickly wear down their shield.
I actually got a shield break with jab -> jab -> fsmash today and it killed as we were at the edge and they fell off :secretkpop:
BAN•ZELDA
Yeah, I mentioned in a post earlier that jab is really good on shield now. It already got buffed when sakurai decided to increase the shield stun mechanics, but now with the extra damage, it's really strong on shield. I got a jab->jab>dash attack on a kirby holding his shield and got the shield break. The kirby player held his shield extra long because he didn't even think jab did that much shield damage, so you got the surprise factor too.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717

Next time I'm planning to do :4bayonetta::4cloud::4link: (Then later maybe will do :4villagerf::4ness::4marth::4yoshi::4metaknight:)
Draw muscly guys next.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

Ahhhhhh Kirby~!
<3

Top Bottom